Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 01:22:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [3GH]SolidCoin Pool - Low Stales, LONG POLL! Get 2x more profit! Fees reduced!  (Read 5198 times)
antares (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 01:08:48 AM
Last edit: August 30, 2011, 03:58:10 PM by antares

Hey there,
I've seen many people here complaining about ridiculous stale share rates. That is why I set up some quick solidcoin pool.
Looking at the simplecoin pool, i get the usual 30% stale rate there. (no bad on you, but unfortunately I do).

We Offer:
  • Regular Stale rate < 3%(mostly it will be even below 0.5 due to our WORKING Long Polling!)
  • Proportional Payout system. You can withdraw your cash after the block has matured(after 120 Confirms, you can do the payout yourself from the dashboard)
  • We pay out all 8 digits - no more 0.00000001 amouns left!
  • We operate at 2% fees. Fees are used to cover payout fees put up by the network. Any pool claiming a 0% Fee structure is just a LIE

Note: You can set your pool donation. minimum is 2% which is the fees. You can set this when registering or after registration in the settings page.

Note2: Please provide some valid mail address. We wont send you spam or something, but we'll send out some confirmation mail with a validation link. If you don't want to give us your email, that's just fine. Use an anonymous service like mailinator.com to register.

What are you waiting for? Get rid of your stale shares!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Clipse

Activity: 504
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 01:54:43 AM

I tried to signup, got validation email then clicked it and it said user not found ?

...In the land of the stale, the man with one share is king... >> Clipse

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
antares (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 01:57:07 AM

hey there and thanks for your reply.

I just activated your account manually and will now have a look into this issue(actually I registered myself, and it worked). You can start mining now if you like

Edit: Issue found and fixed. I had a typo in the confirmation link, so it tried to validate against our bitcoin pool, which obviously does not know about the solidcoin pool registrations.
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 02:03:41 AM

same problem

mooo for rent
antares (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 02:07:56 AM

hey there,

you have been a slight tick to early. I've activated your account, however the webservers caching might have served you an old page. I flushed the cache and tested it again. confirmation emails should now work.
joulesbeef

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

moOo

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 02:13:29 AM

activation email still says no such user
need me to register again?

i did anyways.. it worked

mooo for rent
antares (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 02:16:23 AM

na, I activated your account manually, you can simply login. if you like to use the activation link tho, you simply need to replace http://solids.mine-for.us by http://solid.mine-for.us

that was actually the typo
Clipse

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 02:27:57 AM

So

I just mined about 150shares to check if it updates.

It seems your admin account shares update no problem and the statistics page updates with shares however it doesnt update with my shares nor does the worker update any shares ?

EDIT: What is the shares update delay on workers? 94 shares just reflected like 15mins later however thats half of what I submitted and got accepted.

We pay miners at 130% PPS | Signup here : Bonus PPS Pool (Please read OP to understand the current process)
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 02:39:41 AM

Join the only pool with Long Polling...
This is not true, every solidcoin pool I know of has long polling support. You have lower stales because you've started your pool at a time when difficulty is higher and blocks aren't being created so fast. You also have less users. Pools, like the SC Guild pool, which have a large number of users take time to notify all long pollers that a new block has been found which is one reason why stales can be a little bit higher. So while I think it can be right for you to advertise lower stales for now, you're wrong about being the only pool with long polling.
antares (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 02:50:39 AM

So

I just mined about 150shares to check if it updates.

It seems your admin account shares update no problem and the statistics page updates with shares however it doesnt update with my shares nor does the worker update any shares ?

EDIT: What is the shares update delay on workers? 94 shares just reflected like 15mins later however thats half of what I submitted and got accepted.

I just checked this up in our database, according to it your worker submitted 94 shares, 94 of them were valid. I doublechecked my worker, and it reported accurate numbers too. If you have, could you please send me a PM with that log?

About the statistics refresh, we check every thirty seconds if a new block was found, and worker, share and pool statistics are updated every 5 minutes.

@doublec, I tried the simplecoin pool before I went making this thread, I submitted 29 shares to them, 18 of them were stale. in the time it took me to submit those shares, I did not receive a single LP event. I should also note, that just because your miner reports a pool having Long Polling, this does not necessarily mean that the pool really does it. For example if you use pushpool as pool backend, there's a config option to enable longpoll, which is active by default, however longpolling events are triggered by an external daemon called blkmond which connects to bitcoind as a node and watches out for new blocks. once it finds them it sends a SIGUSR1 signal to the pool, which then triggers a LP event. However, blkmond does only work for bitcoin, and not (yet) for other blockchains, so I developed my own LP detector. It should also be noted that with pushpoold + blkmond only one blockchain per system can have LP actually enabled. My solution can differ between pushpoold instances. So all of the above may make it look like for a miner as if the pool really does LP, however most are not, some are sending Bitcoin LP messages, some don't even claim to do LP. I did some research into that :-D

Oh, btw, before I opened the site(yay, that was kind of in a rush, I'll still have to remove the BTC references and repplace them with SC) I opened a small no-frontend pool installation. We had about 10 GH there, and our stale count was still much lower than in any other pool.
doublec
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 02:54:24 AM

For example if you use pushpool as pool backend, there's a config option to enable longpoll, which is active by default, however longpolling events are triggered by an external daemon called blkmond which connects to bitcoind as a node and watches out for new blocks. once it finds them it sends a SIGUSR1 signal to the pool, which then triggers a LP event. However, blkmond does only work for bitcoin, and not (yet) for other blockchains, so I developed my own LP detector. It should also be noted that with pushpoold + blkmond only one blockchain per system can have LP actually enabled. My solution can differ between pushpoold instances. So all of the above may make it look like for a miner as if the pool really does LP, however most are not, some are sending Bitcoin LP messages, some don't even claim to do LP. I did some research into that :-D
I'm well aware of how blkmond works having modified it for many of the other chains. I also run my own SolidCoin pool which definitely supports long polling. And as I said the SC BTCGuild pool also supports longpolling. Your claim that you are the only pool that supports long polling is incorrect.
antares (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 03:00:53 AM

well, I admit it was a bit overstated advertising. However I really did not see (good working) LP so far. even with guild. However, this pool was merely aimed at those people in the alternative currencies Solidcoin thread, some of them who complained about having stale rates > 50%. Since I had a solution to that, I opened this site. If you insist I'll remove the "only" statement from the OP.
Clipse

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 03:02:40 AM

Well I think ill stay away till more people hop on here.

Since you claim i only reported 94 shares at the previous post and I sure as hell saw 205 being accepted and 8rejected, I am not very at ease at the reporting being so far off.

I even submitted more shares just to see again being greeted by about 40% less showing up on the pool.

Here is the actual confirmed / rejected stats.

464 / 4

And your site shows 344 (Id love to know where casper the ghost took my other shares.)

My concern isnt the 100+ shares being missing, it is that if I push all my hashing power to this pool I would be losing 100x the amount of shares compared the hashing i pushed during testing.

antares (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 03:15:58 AM

hey there,

I just doublechecked:
cat /tmp/solshares.log > mine0 && cat /tmp/solshares.log | grep mine0 | wc -l

I keep a full share log for auditing and debugging purposes, and I did upload the shares the pool reported for you here:

http://solid.mine-for.us/mine0

this is what I received, and all I can say is that that seems correct for me.
As my shares from my gpu seem to be ok, I'd like everyone else mining here to report whether their sharecount matches or not.

@Clipse
I saw you pushing in about 1.5GH/s with one worker account. I guess you did have more than one worker with the same credentials? If so, and if youre not too scared I'd like to ask you to create worker accounts for each worker and see if this fixes the problem.
Clipse

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 03:17:37 AM

if I cant push more than 1.5gh thru one account then this pool just isnt for me.

I cant deal with multiple workers just to make sure my shares all account for.

Also I would appreciate not publicly posting content that relates to me ie. my actual IP is in that post which is no good to just fling on open forum.

antares (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 03:23:22 AM

I'm sorry for the IP - just did not think of it and simply grepped out your miner's reports. I removed the file for now, as I understand you retrived it.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 10:19:40 PM

• Regular Stale rate < 1.5%(mostly it will be even below 0.5 due to our WORKING Long Polling!)

From your own stats page for the current round:
Stale shares: 1001 (11.2992 %)

How about removing the false claim about stales?.

Buy & Hold
antares (OP)

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 10:34:13 PM

yep, it's true for this round. Longpolling daemon crashed while I was fixing a bug in transactions and it tool me a while to notice it. I restarted LP, and stales are currently going down and back to normal again.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 04:02:19 AM

Now it's...

Stale shares:    400 (5.997 %)

Not an improvement over the other pools.

Buy & Hold
Clipse

View Profile
August 28, 2011, 01:40:18 PM

yep stales are extremely high, ive done about 15k shares @ 14% stales. highest I get on the other listed scoin pools is 7% and lowest 0.5%

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: