Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 04:54:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: List of physical cryptocurrencys and the mints who issue them  (Read 14988 times)
No_2 (OP)

Activity: 901
Merit: 1031

BTC: the beginning of stake-based public resources

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:45:04 PM
Last edit: February 13, 2014, 07:33:50 PM by No_2

This is a list of all the physical cryptocurrencys produced and the volumes minted. They have been ordered by they year they were first minted and made available, although they may have been available in subsequent years.

Items marked '[]' are to do or have been filled out as a best guesses. I have cited any references I could find. If you are able to elaborate and help provide definitive information to clarify any of these areas please do comment below so I can reference it.

I am currently working on a set of canonical images for each piece of physical crypto. If you have some high quality images you are willing to share please let me know and I will add them to this post.

Antaui:

5WDC – One troy ounce silver coin, dated 2013, 500 minted.

ANXBTC:

0.0014BTC – Red pocket redeemable voucher, 50,000 minted. All valid until 4th Feb 2014 12am [A].

Bitbills:

1BTC – Pre-loaded cards with scratch and reveal private hologram.
5BTC – Pre-loaded cards with scratch and reveal private hologram.
10BTC – Pre-loaded cards with scratch and reveal private hologram.
20BTC – Pre-loaded cards with scratch and reveal private hologram.
BTC – Loadable card.
BTC – Payment address cards for receiving payments.

Casascius [1][2][B]: [Both reference sites have discrepancies in the number of coins listed, I'm hoping Casascius can clarify at some point.]

1BTC – Brass coin, 28.6mm diameter, [11,000] minted dated 2011 with series 1 sticker (spelling error in hologram), [3,000] minted dated 2011 with series 2 sticker.

BTC – Loadable gold plated bar, 80mm x 40mm x 6mm, [n] minted, series 2 sticker stating "ZERO BTC".
100BTC – Gold plated bar, 80mm x 40mm x 6mm, [102 minted, series 1 and 2 sticker].
500BTC – Gold plated bar, 80mm x 40mm x 6mm, [2 minted, series 1 sticker], series 1 sticker with lasered overprinting on the hologram to indicate the denomination.
1,000BTC – Gold plated bar, 80mm x 40mm x 6mm, [28 minted], series 1 sticker with lasered overprinting on the hologram to indicate the denomination.
10,000LTC – Loadable gold plated bar, 80mm x 40mm x 6mm, 1 minted [3].

25BTC – Gold plated coin, 44.4mm diameter, dated 2011, [n] minted with series 1 sticker (spelling error in hologram) , [n] minted with series 2 sticker. Zeroes and ones on the back encode the message "You asked for change, we gave you coins".

1BTC – Brass coin, 28.6mm diameter, [n] minted dated 2012 with series 2 sticker.

5BTC – Nickel plated brass coin, 28.6mm diameter, dated 2012. [n] minted with series 1 sticker (spelling error in hologram), [n] minted with series 2 stickers.
10BTC – One troy ounce silver coin, 39mm diameter, dated 2013, [n] minted with series 2 sticker stating "TEN BTC". Gold rim and 'B' silver token, [n] minted with series 2 sticker stating "TEN BTC". Zeroes and ones on the back encode the message "Bitcoin: an idea too big to fail".

1,000 BTC – One troy ounce gold coin, 30mm diameter, dated 2012, [5] minted, series 1 sticker with Bitcoin address lasered at top instead of inkjetted across middle.

1BTC – Brass coin, 28.6mm diameter, [n] minted dated 2013 with series 2 sticker.

0.5BTC – Brass coin, 25.4mm diameter, dated 2013. [n] minted.

BTC - Loadable aluminium coins, 38.1mm diameter, 80,000 minted. Supplied in plain aluminium, blue, purple, gold, red and green [4].

1BTC – One troy ounce silver coin, 39mm diameter, dated 2013, 1,300 minted with series 3 sticker. One troy ounce silver coin with gold plated rim and 'B' dated 2013, 700 minted with series 3 sticker.
0.5BTC – Half troy ounce silver coin, 30mm diameter, dated 2013, 45 minted with series 2 sticker, [n] minted with series 3 sticker [C].
0.1BTC – Quarter troy ounce silver coin, 25mm diameter, dated 2013, [n] minted with series 3 sticker.

Cryptocoinwalletcards.com:

BTC – Loadable cards with scratch and reveal private hologram. Available in blue, green, pink, purple. pink/purple, red, tan and yellow.
LTC – Loadable cards with scratch and reveal private hologram. Available in blue, green, pink, purple. pink/purple, red, tan and yellow.
NMC – Loadable cards with scratch and reveal private hologram. Available in blue, green, pink, purple. pink/purple, red, tan and yellow.
PPC – Loadable cards with scratch and reveal private hologram. Available in blue, green, pink, purple. pink/purple, red, tan and yellow.

Finite By Design:

11XMP – One troy ounce silver coin, two editions of 50 coins each have been minted.
10PPC – One troy ounce silver coin, one edition of 50 coins has been minted.
10CGB – One troy ounce silver bar, one edition of 50 coins has been minted.
PPC – One troy ounce silver coin with gold plated highlights, loadable, one edition of 50 coins has been minted so far.

BTC – One troy ounce silver coin with gold plated highlights, loadable, one edition of 50 coins pre-order.
LTC – One troy ounce silver coin with gold plated highlights, loadable, one edition of 50 coins pre-order.
NMC – One troy ounce silver coin with gold plated highlights, loadable, one edition of 50 coins pre-order.
WDC – One troy ounce silver coin with gold plated highlights, loadable, one edition of 50 coins pre-order.

Jinn Bitcoin:

1BTC – Silver coated brass coin, [n] minted, private key under hologram, loaded with varying amounts of BTC. Serialised with paper certificates and hand painted serial numbers on coins.

Lealana [5][6]:

10LTC – Half troy ounce silver coin, 30mm diameter, 1,000 minted with an error (the coins did not have an indentation for the private key so have a raised bump visible on the sticker). [n] minted without error. Sets of two come in a commemorative box.
25LTC – One troy ounce silver coin, 500 minted.
5LTC – Quarter troy ounce silver coin, 2000 minted.
1BTC – One troy ounce silver coin with gold plated rim, 39mm diameter, and 'B', 500 minted.
0.5BTC – One troy ounce silver coin, 39mm diameter, 500 minted.
0.25 – Half troy ounce silver coin, 30mm diameter, 1,000 minted.
0.1 BTC – Quarter troy ounce silver coin, 25mm diameter, 2,000 minted.
1LTC – Nickel coated brass coin, 29.972mm diameter, 2,000 minted with series 1 sticker (no overprinted serial on the hologram), 8,000 minted with series 2 stickers.

Nasty Mining:

BTC – One troy ounce silver coin, 39mm diameter, 500 minted. Engraved public & private keys, tamper-evident security hologram with diffusing insert, entirely visible sequential public vanity addresses (all starting with 1Nasty). Each coin entitles the holder to 1 NastyFans share and receives its equivalent voting rights on NastyFans.org and mining operation pay-outs sent to the coin's address. NastyFans has issued 25,000 shares (referred to as seats). As of Jan 2014 each share receives the total amount of crypto mined in the mining operation (at 450GH) divided by 25,000 shares on a recurring weekly basis. This will soon be bumped up to 10THs plus 25MH/s of scrypt power to be added to the mining operation for shareholders. In addition to payouts from the mining operation shareholders also receive a top up from non affiliated users mining in the NastyFans altcoin mining pool where users are currently mining at 750GH/s.

Nolacoin (Previously: The Bitcoin Exchange of New Orleans) [7]:

The Bitcoin Exchange of New Orleans had minted coins in denominations of 1, 5 and 10 BTC each with a unique ID number, but these were never officially issued. Apparently The Bitcoin Exchange of New Orleans would act as the central authority that stored the private keys.

0.5BTC – Brass coloured coin, 43mm diameter, 999 minted.
1BTC – Silver coloured coin,  43mm diameter, 999 minted.
3BTC – Silver coloured coin with golden edging,  43mm diameter, 500 minted.

Recalescence Coins:

[ToDo] ^See site link in title for more info.

Titan Mint [8]:

1BTC – Goldine copper alloy coin, 34mm diameter x 2mm, 10,000 minted, dated 2013. Serialised with paper certificates. Originally just the one version of coin, where Titan Mint act as the central authority to store the coins value, Titan started producing another version concurrently where the private keys are contained under the hologram from approximately coin number 200 onward. Both types are mixed within the batch of 10,000.
1BTC – Silver coin, 39mm diameter x 3.3mm, 1,000 minted, dated 2013. Available as with Titan acting as the funds holder and private key under the hologram. Both types are mixed within the batch of 1,000.

Zinodaur/Cryptovest:

LTC - 4,000 minted, buyer fundable

Up and Comming:

Firmcoin:

[ToDo] ^See site link in title for more info.

Selection Criteria:
    • Physical cryptocurrency must represent a store of value: either minted as a token where a central authority holds the private keys to access the balance or the token itself contains the private key. Tokens can be supplied funded or unfunded and fundable.
    • The cryptocurrency being minted as a physical medium must have a publicly viewable blockchain-like data structure, be open source and based on proof of work or proof of stake.
    • Maker must have produced over 450 units of their physical cryptocurrency.
    • Physical currency can be any medium, e.g. card, paper wallet etc., but must be physical.
    • Volumes are only given for minted media provided pre-loaded with cryptocurrency.

References:
[1] – http://casascius.uberbills.com/
[2] – http://casascius.appspot.com/
[3] - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=53596.msg653081#msg653081
[4] – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=204662.0
[5] – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=243341.0
[6] – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=315440.0
[7] – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400224.0
[8] – https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310859.msg3381437#msg3381437
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PrintCoins

Activity: 533
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:18:27 PM

I stepped out of the physical cryptocurrency business as it seemed a little too risky with current moves by the feds. You can however still print out the bills I used here:

http://print.printcoins.com/

and it include instructions as well as source code (so you don't have to trust my server with private key production).

I was making these back when bitcoins were about $3 a piece, so the smallest denomination is $0.01. If someone wants to tweak the code to go smaller, feel free to submit it up to github and I will update the site. Perhaps they should be printed in mBTC now with some special coloration to signify the change.

FiniteByDesign
Legendary

Activity: 1397
Merit: 1022

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 11:24:17 PM

This is great! Thank you for consolidating all of this info. My only piece of feedback would be that I have one other line of proofs. PPC Silver with 24k gold highlights - 1 batch of 50 minted to date. Here is a link to the product:
http://finitebydesign.net/product/batch-1-1-troy-ounce-of-999-fine-silver-w-24k-gold-highlights-commemorative-peercoin-proof/

Also, if you want to link to the site, here:
http://finitebydesign.net/

It is a new site I just created on New Years Day and is much better than the old. I have some additional things on the site such as the master inventory of all the proofs produced, redemption instructions, some info on the private key generation process and a blog.

Cheers!

No_2 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:28:47 AM

I was making these back when bitcoins were about $3 a piece, so the smallest denomination is $0.01. If someone wants to tweak the code to go smaller, feel free to submit it up to github and I will update the site. Perhaps they should be printed in mBTC now with some special coloration to signify the change.

Do you have any images of the physical currency you can share? I'm hoping to add images at some point.
arashd

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:23:03 PM

Great List! Please check out www.nolacoin.com as I am back in business with a more traditional physical bitcoin; for sale now.
No_2 (OP)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:22:31 PM

Great List! Please check out www.nolacoin.com as I am back in business with a more traditional physical bitcoin; for sale now.

Excellent news - really glad you guys are back. I managed to get hold of one of your old coins and it was very well made.

The latest info does not seem to be up on your site.

Would you be able to give some info on how the old coins were supposed to function, the denominations issued and the number minted. Am I right in thinking these are now redundant?

Could you also explain how the new coins work? Are they preloaded, loadable or are you acting as the central authority who holds the private key? Can you also cover the denominations issued and the number minted.

arashd

Activity: 134

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 10:52:30 PM

Sorry for the sparse information. That was done intentionally, as I wanted to keep the information mostly limited and use this forum for discussion and more info. You can find answer to most of your questions at the following thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400224.0
ejbones

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:00:17 AM

I don't know if you wanted an altcoin post but someone in the Worldcoin community just released physical worldcoins although I think they're sold out

http://antaui.com/

http://antaui.com/sites/default/files/coin-draft.png
serp

Activity: 245
Merit: 250

@serp

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 11:50:30 PM

Hey No_2, I got your message.

I made the physical quarter bitcoins pictured at http://serpco.in/#diy
Some software to help people fund the coins themselves is at https://github.com/jondale/serpcoin
Only 500 of these were minted.

No_2 (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 11:14:26 PM

Hey No_2, I got your message.

I made the physical quarter bitcoins pictured at http://serpco.in/#diy
Some software to help people fund the coins themselves is at https://github.com/jondale/serpcoin
Only 500 of these were minted.

Great. That's enough to make the list.

Can you give me a detailed breakdown of each edition you've minted with numbers for each and rough dates if you have them. Even better links to photos of each different edition if possible.

I'm planning to put some photos up for people to see the different types of physical crypto out there.
serp

@serp

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 07:46:23 PM

Can you give me a detailed breakdown of each edition you've minted with numbers for each and rough dates if you have them. Even better links to photos of each different edition if possible.

I'm planning to put some photos up for people to see the different types of physical crypto out there.

The only coin I've fully designed so far is the DIY quarter bitcoin which are labeled 2014 and went on sale December 17, 2013.
The previous editions were aluminum casascius coins that I loaded.

No_2 (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:55:30 PM

The only coin I've fully designed so far is the DIY quarter bitcoin which are labeled 2014 and went on sale December 17, 2013.
The previous editions were aluminum casascius coins that I loaded.

Thanks for the info. Got some images here:

May move these into this thread too if that's ok when I get a mo.
No_2 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:03:56 PM

Sorry for the sparse information. That was done intentionally, as I wanted to keep the information mostly limited and use this forum for discussion and more info. You can find answer to most of your questions at the following thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400224.0

Arash, I've updated your section in the main listing. If possible can I check:

1. The date of the original (un-issued) coins is correct?
2. Can you give some info on how they were planned to work?
3. Can I get quantity info for the new coins.
serp

@serp

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 03:48:35 PM

May move these into this thread too if that's ok when I get a mo.

Sure, that's fine.

TitanBTC

Activity: 366
Merit: 258

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2014, 02:43:04 PM

Thanks J,

We started offering both private key and 2-factor authentication for Titan bitcoins at about coin number 200 in the edition for the Titan One.  That is an option for all of our coins.  

The Titan One Silver for 2013, minted in 1 oz of silver, is a separate edition and only 1,000 were produced.  We will sell these until Springtime before moving on to the 2014 edition.

The Titan One Gold, minted in 1 oz of gold, is available late January of 2014.  We're making those in batches of 100 and we're producing no more than 1000 for 2014.  

We're also offering 0.1 BTC, 0.25 BTC, 0.5 BTC, 5 BTC, and 10 BTC this year.  

Also, we did NOT sell 10,000 1 BTC coins in 2013.  I haven't added them up yet, but we'll be publishing the final mintage on our site.

PinkPotatos

Activity: 126

Girls dont crypto?

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 09:13:05 PM

Nice list, ty for pulling them together.

Accepted by, more merchants! - Franko 弗兰克币 - 自由的货币
Earn FRK with your sig
No_2 (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:56:06 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 12:40:30 PM by No_2

...we did NOT sell 10,000 1 BTC coins in 2013.  I haven't added them up yet, but we'll be publishing the final mintage on our site.

Tim, to clarify: does that mean there are and will always be less than 10,000 coins dated 2013 in circulation or that 10,000 were minted and will eventually all be sold but they were not all sold within the window of 2013?
No_2 (OP)

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:53:36 PM

Update on Casascius form Wired magazine:

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/bitcoin-stacks.jpg

Now, it’s up the customer to fund the physical coins themselves, and things could get confusing. In addition to selling unfunded coins through the mail, Caldwell will still sell pre-funded coins when he meets with buyers in person.

He says that to make things clearer, he’s going to make a new series of coins for his unfunded coin business, so buyers can tell the difference...

I've posted this to press releases:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=417093.0
JustJake

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

Numisalis - Physical Tradable Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 09:40:58 PM

Since you have an up and coming section I wanted to post here.  I am attempting to start a physical bitcoin that is specifically designed to be traded and not kept as a collectors item.  I am trying to raise funds with an Indiegogo campaign.  Here are some relevant links:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/numisalis-physical-bitcoin/x/1557834

http://numisalis.com

If I get funded my first run will be for 15,000 coins.
No_2 (OP)

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 10:46:49 PM

Since you have an up and coming section I wanted to post here.  I am attempting to start a physical bitcoin that is specifically designed to be traded and not kept as a collectors item.  I am trying to raise funds with an Indiegogo campaign.  Here are some relevant links:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/numisalis-physical-bitcoin/x/1557834

http://numisalis.com

If I get funded my first run will be for 15,000 coins.

Thanks for this it looks very interesting. Can you tell me more about how the Embedded NFC tag security will work? What data does it provide?
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: