Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:07:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is DOGE dying or does it just need a vet?  (Read 1662 times)
BulletProof_za (OP)

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 07:07:59 AM

is DOGE dying off or is it just hitting a low?
decrypter

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 07:25:07 AM

DOGE is a doggone.
sarlangg

Activity: 130
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:12:52 AM

It's super profitable to mine Doge right now so there's a huge increase in supply that can't keep up with the demand.
decrypter

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 08:15:50 AM

It's super profitable to mine Doge right now so there's a huge increase in supply that can't keep up with the demand.

What a nice way of saying there are no buyers. No need to sugar coat it. Its NOT profitable ANYMORE. The truth is no one wants the doggy anymore.
No one throwing the doggy a bone anymore... Awww sad puppy.
undeadbitcoiner

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

Undeadbitcoiner Will not DIE until 1BTC=50K

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 08:20:57 AM

Doge recently is very easy to mine so everyone is mining and selling but they are not thinking about doge in tomorrow but whoever is buying in this price they will be making a lot profit. when mining will be little hard then Doge will rise up.
Now there ois more supply and less demand so price is going down but when mining becomes little hard and supply will be little tight then price will move to atleast 10-20X

What a nice way of saying there are no buyers. No need to sugar coat it. Its NOT profitable ANYMORE. The truth is no one wants the doggy anymore.
I think you are a bit far from market. can you check the buy orders of DOGE? there are 100s of bitcoin in buy order. just the thing is now price os going lower for high supply

Buffer Overflow
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:24:51 AM

The smart money has now moved onto the next pump & dump.
Only bag holders left now.  Cheesy

fast-pool.com

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 08:31:38 AM

its not dying!

all altcoins are going down everytime BITCOIN is going up! thats a patern

but good future is coming after 100k block reward will be 50% smaller,multipools will stop mining it and

price will skyrocket
Elendariel

Activity: 75

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:36:47 AM

Sell you fools, for i am going to buy your doge !  Cool

Found me helpful? Feel free to assist me too! : LTC  - Lf3JRFRNqdaFg6CF8931XoYBZABEPSUtit
                                                                    BTC   - 182izToMh6JXqRRYBZS4PKgyMgYpcPEZZ4
                                                                        IOC - idTCxXXB3Wz7Tk2CVq3VEKTdytrWPywaU6
decrypter

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 08:41:31 AM

Sell you fools, for i am going to buy your doge !  Cool

My honest advice to you is: Don't try to catch a falling knife.
Just because it is cheaper now than it has been before. Doesn't mean it will go back up to previous highs.

Also to everyone saying higher difficulty == higher price:
I'm sorry, the price is not a purely a function of difficulty.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 08:45:40 AM

It was overpriced. Compare it to DeVCoin, it mints way more coins than DeVCoin.

It will likely drop in price to 30 satoshis or lower like DeVCoin has tended again and again to do.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Raist

Activity: 490
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:48:03 AM

If I were a newbie in trade and also was intended to stay on this forum... well for reasonable amount of time I would take all the "expert's" advices and print them on a special piece of paper. After about 6 months I would be more or less clear about the value of the posters.
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 09:01:35 AM

If I were a newbie in trade and also was intended to stay on this forum... well for reasonable amount of time I would take all the "expert's" advices and print them on a special piece of paper. After about 6 months I would be more or less clear about the value of the posters.

Good idea.

DOGE is hopefully a little different from most crapcoins because by whatever means or reasoning it managed to get listed by Vircurex.

Vircurex hasn't dropped Feathercoin nor Worldcoin despite their pathetic hashing power that was way less than DOGE's so chances don't seem high that they will drop DOGE, maybe even if its difficulty drops as low as those other two "also ran" scrypt coins. Unfortunately.

(I would prefer they dropped one such coin when adding another, e.g. drop the lowest difficulty scrypt coin that they had listed when they added DOGE, but it doesn't seem to be happening. Lets hope they don't keep adding every crapcoin that happens to momentarily get more hashing power or volume (or both) than those they already have, or at least not without dropping some of the even crappier ones.)

Unfortunately if the other coins listed at Vircurex aren't to get tainted by association it looks like they are going to have to try to provide support for DOGE just to try not to have the entire exchange get a rep as just yet another scam-of-the-day exchange tainting the rep of all the other coins listed.

So chances seem reasonable that it will go up and down over time much like DeVCoin has done.

Maybe not though, afterall I admit I never was tempted to try to support Feathercoin nor Worldcoin just because my coins had to associate with them; instead I just kept hoping they would get de-listed...

But even if they do at last finally get de-listed DOGE would presumably be the last to go if it manages not to drop down below them in difficulty and volume.

It will be interesting too see whether DOGE is just another gang-banged crapcoin or actually has enough dedicated hashing power of its own even without the fly by night gangbangers to maintain its difficulty higher than those other two "also ran" scrypt coins.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
mashac

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:10:14 AM

Looks more like an afraid litecoiner  Grin
bouncemeister

Activity: 87

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:14:35 AM

Well, i'm keeping my DOGE for a while. Just to see what happens. I sold all my TIPS though. Wink

kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:15:37 AM

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
Raist

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:27:33 AM

It will be interesting too see whether DOGE is just another gang-banged crapcoin or actually has enough dedicated hashing power of its own even without the fly by night gangbangers to maintain its difficulty higher than those other two "also ran" scrypt coins.

-MarkM-

[/quote]

Yep. As I'm not interested in the subject (do not have this coins) will have all my pleasure to watch how the situation will develop. It is now the first point - will doge be able to get rid of the "birth trauma" viz. miners and their primitive speculative accumulations. The other side of the coin is that doge can die due to bag holders, I mean it can possibly lead to the situation when critical amount of dead holds at the hands of the suckers (who can possibly become a winners) and miners who are both waiting to the miraculous rise of the cryptocurrency value which will not happen in shot terms BY ALL MEANS will lead to critical reduce of feedback. But, want to repeat - personally not in the game, my interest is for now purely "academic"  Smiley
Davidbc

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:29:15 AM

I stopped mining doge. I was selling all I was mining, but price is dropping so fast I just switched to a more profitable coin.
Raist

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 10:37:12 AM

It will be very amusing to manipulate miners in the nearest future. Now it is not serious until even "pre-announce" of new shit making *000 people with worth *000 - *00 dollars equipment run to marked path.
decrypter

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2014, 06:16:02 PM

Looks more like an afraid litecoiner  Grin

Talk about the markets and facts, don't presume to know anything about me or what I mine.
I mine what is profitable. I have zero loyalty to any coin. And my feelings are not hurt if someone
trash talks a coin I mine. I just don't care. I'm in it for the $.

I'm sorry if a smack of reality hurts your feelings. But your precious doge appears to have had its time in the lime light. Its time to move on.
Or you can just stay attached to the coin for whatever bizarre reason you may have. Cut your losses. Don't hold onto a loser. Move on.
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 06:25:09 PM

Talk about the markets and facts, don't presume to know anything about me or what I mine.
I mine what is profitable. I have zero loyalty to any coin. And my feelings are not hurt if someone
trash talks a coin I mine. I just don't care. I'm in it for the $.

I'm sorry if a smack of reality hurts your feelings. But your precious doge appears to have had its time in the lime light. Its time to move on.
Or you can just stay attached to the coin for whatever bizarre reason you may have. Cut your losses. Don't hold onto a loser. Move on.
Why you even write in this thread if you don't care??!! Makes no sense.

And btw, multipool.us mined DOGE the whole day, until two hours ago. So your profitablity calculation isn't very good, bro.

Now show your bullshit facts.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: