Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 07:02:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the relationship between Altcoins and bitcoin ?  (Read 554 times)
fireman2001

Activity: 214
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2018, 12:52:35 PM

The relationship between altcoins and bitcoin is not so different because it's still through the same technology they run (blockchain). It's just that apart from all other cryptocurrencies are called altcoins apart from bitcoin.
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 01:02:07 PM

The main currency in cryptocurrency markets is Bitcoin. Alts tend to fund Bitcoin runs and Bitcoin tends to fund alt runs. Given this relationship, Bitcoin price movements effect altcoin prices. But the result is unpredictable. Certainly there are some common relations between them. So what are the common trends that occur to altcoins when bitcoin price changes ?

I think the trends and relationships are pretty well established and time tested already. The total majority of altcoins follow Bitcoin both on the way up and on the way down, so it is unlikely that as you say alts tend to fund Bitcoin runs. If it were so, we would see them crash when Bitcoin starts to rise and still more so given that the Bitcoin market cap by far exceeds that of any single altcoin. But it is simply not so. If Bitcoin surges, most altcoins, especially the major ones, follow it closely. And the whole market goes down along with Bitcoin as well.
macshad

Activity: 280
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:18:55 PM

The main currency in cryptocurrency markets is Bitcoin. Alts tend to fund Bitcoin runs and Bitcoin tends to fund alt runs. Given this relationship, Bitcoin price movements effect altcoin prices. But the result is unpredictable. Certainly there are some common relations between them. So what are the common trends that occur to altcoins when bitcoin price changes ?
I think both bitcoins and altcoins are the same but bitcoin has the higest rating and is the first crypto currency so all other crypto currency after bitcoins and called altcoins but mean same thing for now just difference in price
konohlo

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 01:35:01 PM

as I know there is no fundamental difference between the two, both bitcoin and altcoin run on the same technology. this is like the stock market, if the bitcoin price increases then altcoin will also increase as well should be. because as we know, bitcoin is the best crypto system and it does have an effect on price in the market.
tee-rex

Activity: 742
Merit: 526

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:21:19 PM

as I know there is no fundamental difference between the two, both bitcoin and altcoin run on the same technology. this is like the stock market, if the bitcoin price increases then altcoin will also increase as well should be. because as we know, bitcoin is the best crypto system and it does have an effect on price in the market.

It seems like a short lesson in altcoins for dummies is due and overdue. Altcoin is not a name for a coin, unlike bitcoin, which is a name for, well, Bitcoin. There are many altcoins in existence today, and not all of them are built on the same technology as bitcoin. Some of these coins are centralized, for example, Ripple. Others are said to represent the American dollar in the cryptoworld, like Tether. Obviously, the latter is also centralized and both have nothing to do with the blockchain. Apart from these, there are true decentralized cryptcurrencies which are not using the blockchain technology at all. Byteball is one of such coins, maybe there are others.
anonymous2020

Activity: 120
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 03:46:56 PM

There relationship is that they are funding each other to run that is why bitcoin price affects altcoin price and vice versa. Bitcoin is the center of cryptonomy so its price affects other coins prices.
swati123
Copper Member

Activity: 132

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2018, 04:10:47 PM

Bitcoin and Altcoin are related as Bitcoin’s price movement generally affect the price of Altcoins. Bitcoin is the 1st Cryptocurrency and after that only Blockchain Technology came into picture.

rajurathod18

Activity: 224
Merit: 21

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:37:33 PM

Now is the right time to see answers of your questions live in the current condition of the market. You can find in almost all top exchanges BTC as main trading pair, when BTC value goes up altcoins too pick rally to go up and when BTC price go down, altcoins price also goes down. When Main trading pair will be down than how can altcoins will go up.
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2016
Merit: 156

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:50:12 PM

Most of the altcoin's price are pegged to either BTC or ETH. If bitcoin's price goes down, alts go down too. That is to say that their relationship is directly proportional. There are some instances though like last year, bitcoin lost a large part of its share in the overall market due to the "altcoin season".

neite99

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:02:11 PM

personally I see btc as a gold and all the other altcoins as currencies which are dependend and backed by gold itself and a change in gold price can affect the whole market .
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:19:42 PM

I think there is a weak positive correlation between Bitcoin and ALtcoins. As we can see now that Bitcoin is dragging the whole market down, only few Altcoins in the space have outperformed Bitcoin this year, I'm not putting new ICOs listed recently into consideration

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
dianikusuma

Activity: 602
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 05:30:55 PM

as it is already known that altcoin many adopted from what owned bitcoin. Thus when the price changed then the bitcoin affects altcoin well. altcoin ability, however, wants to ride but for bitcoin in circumstances down altcoin will also join the down is the same as the other.
ROMANALADIN

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:10:00 PM

Bitcoin acts as an intermediary between fiat money and altcoins. To invest in new altcoys, you can use a wide range of sites, where bitcoin will act as a kind of intermediary.
Lannie25

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2018, 07:34:25 PM

I think the relationship of the alternativecoin to bitcoin is they are competitors in this business and industry because the from the word alternativecoin it use as alternative coin to bitcoin if you are not afford the amount of bitcoin to buy.
KpopLord

Activity: 98
Merit: 6

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:30:52 PM

Btcoin is the best crypto system of all time but there is coin named Altcoin this is related with btc because the price effect of both of them. Its like share market and if the price of BTC increase some alt coin increases and some decreases so both of them are vice versa.
Yes, I agree to his argument. For me, bitcoin is the most popular in the market but there is also a coin called altcoin which is interrelated to bitcoin. The reason why both coins are interrelated is because it affect the price of each other. The bitcoin is directly proportional to the price of altcoin. For example, when the price of bitcoin increases, therefore the price of altcoin will increase also and vice versa.
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 04, 2018, 12:37:51 PM

When Bitcoin stagnates, it will likely cause altcoin to stagnate along with it as people wait for a clear sign on the direction of the market or, cause altcoin to boom as people look for returns in altcoins and try to get favorable trades in terms of BTC pairs
This is the main trend and it is clear. But you didn't notice another indicator. During the fall in the price of bitcoins altcoins cheaper relative to bitcoin and Vice versa. This pattern is not clear to me. It seems to me that the altcoin market is even more dependent on the manipulation of whales and look for logic in their behavior is very difficult.
ProstoInvestor

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:14:35 PM

There is no connection between altcoins and bitcoin. Bitcoin affects the altcoins only because of the movements of large traders. In the technological aspect, nothing connects them.
starplaks

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 12:12:42 PM

The connection between them is because the price calculations of altcoins occur through bitcoin, because the price of altcoins depends on bitcoin!
Valay9836

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:39:18 AM

As far as I know that the calculations are through bitcoin and therefore changes the cost in the Wake of bitcoin
shaadsufi

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:47:40 PM

Altcoins are those coins in the market which have a competition with bitcoin itself,  the term altcoin was termed by alternative coins essentially an alternative to bitcoin so they are both competitors. altcoin can be seen as a combined but strengthened whereas bitcoin singular but dominating
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: