Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 01:15:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Thank you satoshi.  (Read 3004 times)
Tirapon

Activity: 898
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:05:49 AM

Congrats sir. That's great to hear Smiley

Similar situation here: recently purchased 2 houses with euros I got from selling some bitcoins (still holding on to most of them) and currently planning a world trip. Will most certainly make a stop at Thailand Smiley

Got any good suggestions for Samui?
Yes, if you like partiyng: take a trip to Koh Phangan (Haad Rin). Especially around full moon, but basically it's partytime every night there.

+1, head over to Koh Phangan. Now from Haad Rin, get a taxi boat round to the next bay - Haad Yuan. Beautiful bay, nice chilled atmosphere - go get a margharita bucket at Barcelona bar. Parties at Eden bar (Tuesdays?) and over the hill at Guys bar (Friday?). Plus others I'm sure, but those were the two that I remember well.

Enjoy!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TPN

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

How did it get so late, so soon?

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:37:10 AM

Hopefully, one day I will have to thank Satoshi for his/their work.  Wink
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:07:42 AM

Thanks to bitcoin I am now killing myself working and under immense stress. This is after spending years writing opensource code, seeing all that effort evaporate, feeling crushed and then vowing never to write code again. Now the whole thing has started again with bitcoin, and I sometimes question why I do these things.

anyway I'm glad I read this poem yesterday: http://www.kipling.org.uk/poems_if.htm
dewdeded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011

Monero Evangelist

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 08:35:47 AM

genjix: You do great work. Keep on, you earned alot of respect.
ph111

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:24:49 AM

Ok thought I would add more too this thread as im sick and pretty bored home and missing Thailand didn't want to sound an arse wipe but I ordered a new Cayenne (diesel) I cashed out a few BTC wont arrive till later this year im still holding BTC .
  But to me it feels better my brother never had anything in his life, I donated him 4 BTC a while back as a present on the basis he couldn't sell.
   I got him to convert the 4BTC too LTC just before it took off from $4 and he paid for a 2009 golf diesel when LTC was $40 in LTC, he has a little daughter and his car was falling apart so he needed it now he preaches BTC to everyone he knows and they all know what BTC is and also what it can do he now a btc-e addict !

noobyonekenobi

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 12:59:04 PM

Enjoy your stay there!. Thailand is a very nice country

PS4 Funds for my brother. Help me get it. Thanks! Smiley
BTC: 1MqhiNvDfSBRzFuXLkdvUfve4zavoFw2f8       UTC: UdGz8AS2tzTnf5qZ59uYbCRbVqEQJZrQC2
LTC: LTUMKwRAkqtvbyA5s8TeNHduvWk9t3DvkN    WDC: WjMWs8GUAyJXXtPJRXQXzJ9yjkda1GBbYs
giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:01:36 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2014, 03:12:34 PM by giveBTCpls

I have the story of missing on the BTC train, now im depressed for life because it was my only chance at not having a shitty life, but I ignored the whole Bitcoin thing years ago because the news I saw were linked to ilegal stuff. Then 3 years later I find out it's at 700 USD. Now im stuck in this shithole and will probably die out of boredom.

Thank you satoshi

Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 03:12:31 PM

Have fun sir, wish I had the same amount of luck as you did.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
yenom

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:38:10 PM

I have the story of missing on the BTC train, now im depressed for life because it was my only chance at not having a shitty life, but I ignored the whole Bitcoin thing years ago because the news I saw were linked to ilegal stuff. Then 3 years later I find out it's at 700 USD. Now im stuck in this shithole and will probably die out of boredom.

Thank you satoshi

The train hasn't quite left the station yet, jump on.
porcupine87

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

hm

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:42:47 PM

Try Koh Phi Phi and Chang beer Wink

"Morality, it could be argued, represents the way that people would like the world to work - whereas economics represents how it actually does work." Freakonomics
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 04:47:52 PM

and dont be sad, you will find another girl. there are hunderts hot girls out there  Cheesy "

allthingsluxury
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1029

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 04:51:08 PM

Very nice. Glad to hear you are now enjoying yourself!

giveBTCpls

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:07:38 PM

Thank you satoshi

Yes it did, the massive gains to be made are long gone. I can't even afford one full BTC. I can buy 0.20, maybe it goes to 10K in a couple years.. so what. Hardly life changing. I could make more working on shitty McDonalds.
It's amazing that I spend all day browsing stuff and I didn't put more time into Bitcoins back in the day. Now it's all over.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4473

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:20:24 PM

Cheers everyone!

@ph111: Got any good suggestions for Samui? Feel very lost here after visiting the rasta bar....

if you want a slight taste of home. try the shamrock (irish pub) its not a slutbar, but more of a pub. the shamrock has kept me from being homesick inbetween the fun nights at other bars.

also worth going over to the west side of the island away from the tourist area, it may look a slum but you get the better bargains there

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2014, 05:22:25 PM

Quote from: yenom link[sub
[/sub]=topic=398330.msg4327999#msg4327999 date=1388939890]

Thank you satoshi

Agree - you have infinite opportunities to change your life every day. In regards to bitcoin specifically, a multitude of opportunities are possible but you'll need to create or actualize them. Nobody is going to spoon feed them to you.

You sound very depressed. When I was young I used to be depressed.  Until I realized that my depression was simply a combination of my thoughts and brain chemistry. Changing one changes the other.

yenom

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:04:52 PM

Agree - you have infinite opportunities to change your life every day. In regards to bitcoin specifically, a multitude of opportunities are possible but you'll need to create or actualize them. Nobody is going to spoon feed them to you.

You sound very depressed. When I was young I used to be depressed.  Until I realized that my depression was simply a combination of my thoughts and brain chemistry. Changing one changes the other.

Indeed, our present situation in life is a cumulative effect of all our previous thoughts and actions. What you think and do NOW will determine your future mental state. Take the bull by the horns and change it. Do not regret or look back, look forward.
furezasan

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 01:09:10 PM

Wow, congrats dude... so jealous!

bitrider

Activity: 233
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 01:13:38 PM

A good choice, my friend. You will be happy and ready for the next round. Whatever that is!
2tights

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

I like big BITS and I cannot lie.

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 05:24:49 PM

Indeed, our present situation in life is a cumulative effect of all our previous thoughts and actions. What you think and do NOW will determine your future mental state. Take the bull by the horns and change it. Do not regret or look back, look forward.

spot on. It's powerful, thought. Thoughts are the most powerful creations so be conscious to create good thoughts and be conscious to ignore bad thoughts, depressive thoughts. Consciously decide that whenever those thoughts enter your mind you will instead purposefully replace it with a positive thought. Once you get some positive thinking going, it snowballs and becomes a powerful force on its own.

Also, I think the best and simplest way to start thinking positively is to recognize that every day is a new beginning. So, if you woke up this morning you should be pretty fucking stoked. Smiley
giveBTCpls

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:14:09 PM

Quote from: yenom link[sub
[/sub]=topic=398330.msg4327999#msg4327999 date=1388939890]

Thank you satoshi

No, BTC was unique because the investment needed was so little for massive gains if you were there, also it's computers related. I have no fucking ieda about other stocks related stuff, but I knew about Bitcoin, thats why it's extra depressing. Im fucked.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: