Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 09:23:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Zynga.com starts accepting Bitcoin !  (Read 3085 times)
TechieCFO

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 03:43:11 AM

Zynga is a dog. Their announcement, Its just a means for them to hook into the bit coin fever.
That said, it is good news, although bit coin activity from Zynga will not
matter in the long run. They realize there is little risk in relation to the possible marketing
benefit associated with associating their stupid games with the
present fashionable chatter about Bitcoin.

Gaming is not the future of Bitcoin. The future of bit coin should be the buying
and selling of dozens of tankers full of oil or automobiles per year or dozens of Boeing 777's.
But that's not here yet. In fact, there is really no reason to bother with Bitcoin in
multi-billion dollar transaction tranche. So there, Bitcoin is already a niche, a curio in
the shop. Perhaps this will change someday.

However, the Bitcoin can be a tremendous means for smaller transactions which
do represent very material amounts of the world economy. I certainly hope that's
where it goes.

on the other hand, a windfall profit tax of 70% of all Bitcoin revenue put forth by the
US Government would render Bitcoin to a life in the weeds. I hope that does not happen
either, but you all should remember, that is not what JP Morgan or Bank of America
are thinking, and neither are their lobbyists.

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:20:03 AM

Ok closet secret I do play Ayakashi Ghost Guild so would want this feature
And any revolution in gaming will expand into other industries due to its impact on culture

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:43:04 AM

This news isn't as big as everyone makes it out to be I think.

Zynga is a rubbish company. They blatantly copy games all the time and have terrible customer service.

Besides, They don't even accept bitcoins for their most popular games : Farmville(edit: I was wrong) and Online Poker.

Doesn't matter how well ran the company is or isn't.

The main point here (at least for me)  is that a company that has large profile company people know about has added their name to the list of bitcoin merchants. That's good for bitcoin getting more exposure and adoption, regardless if zynga collapsed tomorrow or not.

It's also a good indication that the gaming industry in general is getting ready to accept bitcoin. Many people have speculated this for awhile since a big chunk of revenue in gaming comes from microtransactions via in game purchases. Companies tend to mimic each other actions, so bitcoin being an additional payment options in gaming seems to be a trend that will be coming in the coming months.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
millionbaby

Activity: 12

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:51:09 AM

wow thats a realy good news , since they are selling digital chip anyway
fiatsux

Activity: 18

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:10:02 AM

Actually I know for a fact that Steam (yes steam) is shopping Bitcoin merchant services
Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:29:36 AM

Actually I know for a fact that Steam (yes steam) is shopping Bitcoin merchant services

To da mooooooooon.... Lol.  Cheesy
Voodah

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:19:54 AM

"for a fact" hmm?

Do you sleep under Gabe's belly?

BitCoinNutJob
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 11:26:08 AM

Besides, They don't even accept bitcoins for their most popular games : Farmville(edit: I was wrong) and Online Poker.

They dont offer real money poker games yet thats why
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4111

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 02:21:26 PM

I won't find any use for it. But, I'm sure some people will be using it and it's still a good way for Bitcoin to head.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: