Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:41:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to secure bitcoin ?  (Read 606 times)
youngsoft

Activity: 266
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:26:54 AM

If you use your hardware wallet often, you should definitely set an additional passphrase. That way, in case you lose your hardware wallet or have it stolen, you will not lose your funds (make sure to have a backup seed on paper somewhere).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wahyud11

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:17:41 AM

Create portfolios or documents in tabular form containing your confidential information data, such as the following:

No Wallet Name Description
1 MyEtherWallet Public Key: -
Private Key: -
2 Vip Bitcoin User / Email: -
Passwrod: -
Etc.

There are also some people suggest using apps or adds-on password keepers, but there always seems to be issues that muck about security and convenience if not saved independently
pekavcilar01

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:28:45 AM

The most reliable method is offline wallet. The value of crypto money has opened a new door for hackers. Plenty of stock exchange sites. Many people steal their accounts.
Get offline wallet if you want to protect your tokens.
Yohr87

Activity: 86

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:32:49 AM

for secure your bitcoin secure its private key never disclose any one your private keys its better to use hardware wallet which is more secure way to store your bitcoin and other cryptocurrency
For me to secure my Bitcoin I kept my private key in my mind.And I never open my account in other phone or computer only in my phone and after I used to log out.My phone is no one can Barrow it is very personal used.In that way I think my Bitcoin is secure.
Clark05

Activity: 1274
Merit: 263

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:36:40 AM

I did not hack any of my wallet , because I set 2FA before I open it need confirmation code or click the link to open it. That's good if they have wallet. I use blockchain, coinbase and coins.ph and that's very safe for me I used this for few years and UKntil now the service and security is good.
Baby Dragon

Activity: 896
Merit: 272

OWNR - Store all crypto in one app.

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:44:40 AM

hello guys,
Recently i've heard about many people lost their bitcoin. Someway their private keys have been leaked and hackers get access to wallet. So what measurements i have to take to secure my bitcoin and prevent it from stealing ?
There are a lot of ways to secure your bitcoin like you should put it on wallet and keep your private key on a safe place where you are the only who knows it. In addition to that, try put 2fa authenricator so that you make more secure your bitcoin. Lastly, do not ever share your private key and password to anyone.

BUY CRYPTO AT REASONABLE RATES
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀█▀█████▄
████        ▀████
███████  ███  █████
███████      ▀█████
███████  ███  █████
████        ▄████
▀█████▄█▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀ ▀█████▄
██████▀   ▀██████
██████▀     ▀██████
█████▀       ▀█████
█████▀▀▄▄ ▄▄▀▀█████
█████▄  ▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄█████▀▀▀█████▄
██████   ▐███████
██████▌   ▀▀███████
█████▀    ▄████████
████▄    ▀▀▀▀▀▀████
███▌         ▄███
▀█████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
&OTHER
COINS
Partner of             
BITFINEX
al maruf

Activity: 90

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:58:53 AM

Many people have lost their bitcoin, it is not new news. Often such sad news is heard. For this we have to use our strong password first. To save data using your own hardware wallet. Use good quality antivirus. Avoid saving yourself passwords. And others do not use PCs in WiFi and PCs, especially cybercafes.
Emlangoisao888

Activity: 59

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:00:14 AM

I think you have to use orginal bitcoin wallet if you use your bitcoins will be in safe and you will take every fork like bitcoincash,bitcoingold
mxyzptlkof6th

Activity: 294
Merit: 26

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:04:00 AM

I think to secure bitcoin is you must use the original bitcoin wallet because it is safe in there. And i think if you want to secure your bitcoin is not to share your private keys in bitcoin.
zinson01

Activity: 266

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 10:55:12 AM

I think you may use bitcoin wallet for secure your bitcoin. If you lost your bitcoin you can’t get it back. So it’s important to you for secure your bitcoin.
ahtsham90

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 12:02:16 PM

use hard wallet or offline wallet to secure your btc. you can purchase these wallets for 100,200 dollars and you will get a wallet just like USB known as teaser wallet or nano wallet. you can only use the wallet when it is plugged to your device (laptop, computer). very rare to hack

Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 05:14:37 PM

Bitcoin/blockchain as a technology is very strong and you don't have to worry about your Bitcoins if you have kept your funds in your 100% control. In most of the cases, Bitcoins are hacked from the online exchanges or web wallets where the database is compromised from the server side. If you are concerned about the security of your crypto funds, always use offline wallets and maintain a high level of security even on the psychical level.
rat03gopoh

Activity: 2086
Merit: 640

Your keys your responsibility

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 05:41:39 PM

There are 2 factors of security constraints:
1. Hacker. You should at least learn a bit about the security system that the wallet service offers for your bitcoins to protect your assets. The case of global hacking (occurring on multiple people simultaneously on 1 platform) is the responsibility of the wallet service provider. And if it happens individually (hacking the user's computer wallet) is not the responsibility of the provider.

2. Scammer. This person is the one who has no recourse to hack so that another path is deceived. (this is clearly the responsibility of each wallet users).

The general security solution I think is always being careful in choosing a trusted wallet service or saving of the private key.

▓██   ██▓ ▒█████   █    ██  ██▀███      ██ ▄█▀▓█████▓██   ██▓  ██████   
 ▒██  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██  ▓██▒▓██ ▒ ██▒    ██▄█▒ ▓█   ▀ ▒██  ██▒▒██    ▒   
  ▒██ ██░▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▒██░▓██ ░▄█ ▒   ▓███▄░ ▒███    ▒██ ██░░ ▓██▄     
  ░ ▐██▓░▒██   ██░▓▓█  ░██░▒██▀▀█▄     ▓██ █▄ ▒▓█  ▄  ░ ▐██▓░  ▒   ██▒ 
  ░ ██▒▓░░ ████▓▒░▒▒█████▓ ░██▓ ▒██▒   ▒██▒ █▄░▒████▒ ░ ██▒▓░▒██████▒▒ 
   ██▒▒▒ ░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░▒▓▒ ▒ ▒ ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░   ▒ ▒▒ ▓▒░░ ▒░ ░  ██▒▒▒ ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░ 
 ▓██ ░▒░   ░ ▒ ▒░ ░░▒░ ░ ░   ░▒ ░ ▒░   ░ ░▒ ▒░ ░ ░  ░▓██ ░▒░ ░ ░▒  ░ ░ 
 ▒ ▒ ░░  ░ ░ ░ ▒   ░░░ ░ ░   ░░   ░    ░ ░░ ░    ░   ▒ ▒ ░░  ░  ░  ░   
 ░ ░         ░ ░     ░        ░        ░  ░      ░  ░░ ░           ░   
 ░ ░                                                 ░ ░                 
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄▄██▀▀⠀▄▄▄⠀⠀▀▀█▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄█▀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀███⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐▀█▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐████████████⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██████████████▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀██▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█████████████⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▐██████▄▄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀▐⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▄██▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀███████████⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀██▌⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀███▄▄▌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█▀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀██▀▀██▀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀▐▀███▀▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀▄██▌⠀⠀▄██⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀███⠀⠀██▀██▀██▀██▀████▄⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▀▀█▀▀▀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀▐██⠀⠀⠀⠀█▀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀⠀▀▀⠀▀▀⠀▀█⠀█▀█▀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█▌⠀⠀⠀⠀`⠀⠀▄⠀▐██████▄▄⠀⠀▀▐▀██▀██⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄██▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██⠀█⠀⠀▀██████▄▄⠀⠀█▀⠀▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀███▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀██⠀▄⠀⠀⠀`▀███⠀█⠀▀▀██████▄⠀⠀⠀██⠀⠀⠀▄███⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀▀⠀⠀▀▀▄▄⠀⠀▀████▀▄⠀▀██████▄▄▄█▄█████⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀▀▌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀▌⠀⠀⠀▐███▄█⠀▄⠀▀▀█████████▀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀██████▄▀⠀⠀▀▀▀▀▀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▌▀▀⠀⠀▄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀▀▀███▀▀⠀⠀▐█⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
▓██   ██▓ ▒█████   █    ██  ██▀███      ██▀███  ▓█████   ██████  ██▓███   ▒█████   ███▄    █   ██████  ██▓ ▄▄▄▄    ██▓ ██▓     ██▓▄▄▄█████▓▓██   ██▓
 ▒██  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██  ▓██▒▓██ ▒ ██▒   ▓██ ▒ ██▒▓█   ▀ ▒██    ▒ ▓██░  ██▒▒██▒  ██▒ ██ ▀█   █ ▒██    ▒ ▓██▒▓█████▄ ▓██▒▓██▒    ▓██▒▓  ██▒ ▓▒ ▒██  ██▒
  ▒██ ██░▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▒██░▓██ ░▄█ ▒   ▓██ ░▄█ ▒▒███   ░ ▓██▄   ▓██░ ██▓▒▒██░  ██▒▓██  ▀█ ██▒░ ▓██▄   ▒██▒▒██▒ ▄██▒██▒▒██░    ▒██▒▒ ▓██░ ▒░  ▒██ ██░
  ░ ▐██▓░▒██   ██░▓▓█  ░██░▒██▀▀█▄     ▒██▀▀█▄  ▒▓█  ▄   ▒   ██▒▒██▄█▓▒ ▒▒██   ██░▓██▒  ▐▌██▒  ▒   ██▒░██░▒██░█▀  ░██░▒██░    ░██░░ ▓██▓ ░   ░ ▐██▓░
  ░ ██▒▓░░ ████▓▒░▒▒█████▓ ░██▓ ▒██▒   ░██▓ ▒██▒░▒████▒▒██████▒▒▒██▒ ░  ░░ ████▓▒░▒██░   ▓██░▒██████▒▒░██░░▓█  ▀█▓░██░░██████▒░██░  ▒██▒ ░   ░ ██▒▓░
   ██▒▒▒ ░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░▒▓▒ ▒ ▒ ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░   ░ ▒▓ ░▒▓░░░ ▒░ ░▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░▒▓▒░ ░  ░░ ▒░▒░▒░ ░ ▒░   ▒ ▒ ▒ ▒▓▒ ▒ ░░▓  ░▒▓███▀▒░▓  ░ ▒░▓  ░░▓    ▒ ░░      ██▒▒▒
 ▓██ ░▒░   ░ ▒ ▒░ ░░▒░ ░ ░   ░▒ ░ ▒░     ░▒ ░ ▒░ ░ ░  ░░ ░▒  ░ ░░▒ ░       ░ ▒ ▒░ ░ ░░   ░ ▒░░ ░▒  ░ ░ ▒ ░▒░▒   ░  ▒ ░░ ░ ▒  ░ ▒ ░    ░     ▓██ ░▒░
 ▒ ▒ ░░  ░ ░ ░ ▒   ░░░ ░ ░   ░░   ░      ░░   ░    ░   ░  ░  ░  ░░       ░ ░ ░ ▒     ░   ░ ░ ░  ░  ░   ▒ ░ ░    ░  ▒ ░  ░ ░    ▒ ░  ░       ▒ ▒ ░░
 ░ ░         ░ ░     ░        ░           ░        ░  ░      ░               ░ ░           ░       ░   ░   ░       ░      ░  ░ ░            ░ ░   
 ░ ░                                                                                                            ░                           ░ ░     
MintDice

Activity: 238
Merit: 46

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:43:11 PM

Start with choosing a wallet that is known to be secure, such as a hardware wallet. They are less convenient but they are known to have higher security against hacking or theft. Some tips on keeping your crypto safe:

-Create backups of your wallet
-Don't keep too much currency on an exchange
-Use 2FA whenever possible
-Update your wallet software continuously

We go into more detail on all of this in our blog post so check it out  Smiley

Bit.ly/WalletGuide

Cheers!
Dhanems

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:08:22 PM

Use Google authenticator,or SMS 2fa, not only email,ledger is so expensive so I recommend,:)2fa because if ever email will hacked I'm sure they got access from all your accnts but,if SMS authentication much safe and accessable only by you:)
Nicolaus Copernicus

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 07:08:56 AM

To secure bitcoin most important is a good wallet. Choose the best wallet and always keep your information only to yourself. You can also use cold storage or offline wallet like trezor, ledger.
coinhunt

Activity: 138

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 03:00:33 PM

Here's an investopedia article, where you can get a piece of useful information, https://www.investopedia.com/articles/forex/042715/best-ways-protect-your-bitcoins.asp.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: