Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:00:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How to secure bitcoin ?  (Read 606 times)
cryptomonotize (OP)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:01:31 AM

hello guys,
Recently i've heard about many people lost their bitcoin. Someway their private keys have been leaked and hackers get access to wallet. So what measurements i have to take to secure my bitcoin and prevent it from stealing ?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:30:05 AM
Merited by rajuahmed330 (1)

There are a few measurements to secure your private keys.

1) never disclose your private key to anyone or claiming airdrop.

2) beware of phishing websites, always check the website address you are trying to access.

3) secure your computer with antivirus software to prevent malware from stealing your private key.

I use a hardware wallet to prevent my private keys from leaking, you may want to consider getting one.
klavyemaus52

Activity: 571
Merit: 113

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:35:19 AM

I think you have to use orginal bitcoin wallet if you use your bitcoins will be in safe and you will take every fork like bitcoincash,bitcoingold
tensports

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:37:50 AM

for secure your bitcoin secure its private key never disclose any one your private keys its better to use hardware wallet which is more secure way to store your bitcoin and other cryptocurrency
gobingo

Activity: 78

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:42:09 AM

It is true that such cases are occasionally occurring, so we must be vigilant in securing our account or wallet, we should use a secure market and also use security codes like 2FA.
Ehrakeziah

Activity: 217
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 10:55:22 AM

Store it in hardware wallet,a physical device,like a USB drive,that stores your private keys and currency locally,and isn't connected to the internet.
Juggy777

Activity: 2646
Merit: 686

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:23:39 AM

Yes it's true many people have lost their coins I'll try and list all the possible steps to help yiu sercure your coins.

1) Do not store your coins on a exchange, and I repeat do not store them there.

2) Do not use your bitcoins wallet on a public wifi, and I again repeat do not do any kind of transaction on public wifi.

3) Make a electrum wallet and write all details in a place somewhere safe and do not share it with anyone. Alternatively Trevor is good but it's expensive to get but your call.

4) If you're not using it for a year or many years to come, make a paper wallet and keep,it away.

5) If you claim a fork coin, make sure you move your coins in a new wallet before you claim them.

6) Never share your seed, pin, or private key with anyone, do not fall for the offer get one btc free or any kind of free offer.

7) Repeat one to six you'll do good.
Anamika143

Activity: 322

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:48:20 AM

If your bitcoin is lost then it is your fault. Because Bitakayena itself is never acknowledged by hacking. However, if you understand that you have made a mistake. Be sure to keep the bitcoin that the wallet is private. If you lose your private key, then Bitcoin will not get back. So, to keep Bitcoin safe, you must keep the Wallet's private key.
aliceayag

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:54:24 AM

How to secure you bitcoin there are ao many ways to secure your bitcoin, but one thing i know that is more effective is don't share your private key and password to anyone.
Roomshambles

Activity: 130

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:09:21 PM

If you want your bitcoin safe, you better look for a wallet whose security is hard to crack. But I see already a lot of wallets that the security is good. But I only use blockchain even though many other nice wallets. Because I think blockchain security is the best.
tanjimaarfin23

Activity: 157

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:12:45 PM

Now A Day bitcoin huck is very common.  plz don't share your pin/password to anybody.  Bitcoin is online currency it's huckable. so care ful..
ARAGETS

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:14:34 PM

Using hardware is the best way to keep your bitcoin safely. Tou can try buy ledge s or trezor wallet. But if you still using software wallet, please make sure, you have good antivirus in your device, and use personal device. Be carefull with phising address and always check address before you click it. Make sure that is secure.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
MxRizky22

Activity: 125

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:22:39 PM

If you're using a online wallet better install 2FA to you're Wallet. I think using offline Wallet it's a better way to secure you're wallet, but remember if you're harddisk is damaged you're hard to get back you're wallet so take care of you're pc.
iqlimasyadiqa
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:26:37 PM

hello guys,
Recently i've heard about many people lost their bitcoin. Someway their private keys have been leaked and hackers get access to wallet. So what measurements i have to take to secure my bitcoin and prevent it from stealing ?
One way you can do is to secure the private key wallet you have. Oh yes wallet offline with private key has a very good security level. If you are a person who has a lot of capital and try to invest a large amount and a long time then offline wallet can be an option, never use third party services such as web wallet because sometimes it is very risky. Adjust the conditions to what you want, use the web wallet for small transactions and require mobility. I'm sure we've all been smart in choosing which is the best thing in every opportunity.
cotton ball

Activity: 1288
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:29:50 PM

hello guys,
dont hold your key in online.try to hold it offline,or a paper.also every time use desktop wallet.I personally sugest you to use Electrum wallet for hold bitcoin.here electrum wallet link https://bitcoin.org/en/wallets/desktop/windows/electrum/

many are storing sensitive data in cloud storage and even doing a blunder writing private key when filling the wallet address form, I would rather use hardwallet for better encryption of data, it all returns to user activity pattern and better follow every existing crypto business , many phishing scattered with interesting promos also trigger people to make mistakes
bright4mech

Activity: 588
Merit: 18

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:35:49 PM

Bitcoin is a virtual money, and is a central attractions to many people that love money, For Example, like wise the way, we have a shop on the market Square, during the night, we make use of big key to locked your shop and it gets saved. The same application here on bitcoin, create account with Blockchainwallet.info and used a strong password, with Gmail account, is saved.
tubig123

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 12:42:16 PM

How to secure you bitcoin there are ao many ways to secure your bitcoin, but one thing i know that is more effective is don't share your private key and password to anyone.
For me that my bitcoin secured i dont not tell anybody my password so that it will be safed.
Choy13

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:07:42 PM

I suppose that you use hard wallet to secure your bitcoin. Also, secure your private keys in order to have a secure bitcoin. The use of hard wallet is to prevent your private keys to leak and be sure that your desktop/ laptop has an anti-virus software. Its much better than other wallet. Of course there's other wallet that is not downloadable. You can search for it if what is the most efficiently used by the user of bitcoin.
chainguru12

Activity: 546

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 01:37:05 PM

The only thing that determines how you can secure you btc is your privacy, note not to expose it to anyone or else you will be drained.
hakertajniak

Activity: 504
Merit: 10

YOUC | John McAfee Supports

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:18:36 PM

hello guys,

the safest way to store your bitcoin is never use private key or password and seed words.
if you go to the phishing website, you will end. use hardwallet to using your wallet safely. no p.key or seed needed.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱  
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: