Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 06:49:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★★ [ANN][UFO] COMING FROM OUTER SPACE ★★ [ON EXCHANGE] ★★  (Read 95285 times)
daimyo

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

UFO

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:33:55 PM

Anybody working on an OS X wallet too? What happens if we still use the old wallet? Will it not work?

i understand that all funds in wallet are kept after the transition

Value does not exist outside of human consciousness
itos

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 11:43:16 PM

Anybody working on an OS X wallet too? What happens if we still use the old wallet? Will it not work?

We all have to do the transition to the new wallet and we will keep our previous coins.

I will try to compile a OS X wallet too and possible we will have a Linux wallet too. Right now the algorithms are being fixed but still more work to do.
iraszl

Activity: 266
Merit: 257

Enthusiast

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:02:37 AM

We all have to do the transition to the new wallet and we will keep our previous coins.

I will try to compile a OS X wallet too and possible we will have a Linux wallet too. Right now the algorithms are being fixed but still more work to do.

Thanks for your work!
iraszl

Activity: 266
Merit: 257

Enthusiast

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:41:56 AM

Looks like the price is rising: https://www.scifi-ex.com
Currently 14 satoshi, up from 9 in the morning.
itos

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:53:48 AM

Looks like the price is rising: https://www.scifi-ex.com
Currently 14 satoshi, up from 9 in the morning.

Nice. We will continue with the development. A really good progress today!
itos

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:05:16 AM

Just a quick update: with cisahasa we have been working in improving the code and implement the new fixes for the new updated version.

We were able to compile a test wallet in Linux with the new code fixes. Will let you know more details as soon as we have them.

I am going to rest for now, a lot of work done today.
slowminer

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:39:00 AM

Rest in peace, mate. And thank you for your efforts so far with this coin.
watchtheskies

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:54:39 AM

Just a quick update: with cisahasa we have been working in improving the code and implement the new fixes for the new updated version.

We were able to compile a test wallet in Linux with the new code fixes. Will let you know more details as soon as we have them.

Great work guys, I am fully supportive of the community takeover.

Of course if the dev reappears with his fix then that would be ideal, but I really appreciate the work so far.

Don't forget to make a Windows QT wallet too Wink

We will make UFO succeed regardless!

Currently staking TEK and HYPER
itos

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:52:59 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 09:44:43 AM by itos

Great work guys, I am fully supportive of the community takeover.

Of course if the dev reappears with his fix then that would be ideal, but I really appreciate the work so far.

Don't forget to make a Windows QT wallet too Wink

We will make UFO succeed regardless!

At this point he won't appear. Maybe he isn't a developer and just paid someone to make the code and compile it. Looking at the original code I assume this. Also he is not working on any fix, last commit on his github was on Jan 05, 2014 (and the UFO project doesn't have any commits! awful!) lol his Twitter account hasn't been updated in more than 20 days, the same for his site. He was abducted by an UFO and probably will come back in 1000 years in the future!

Thanks for the support! We are building a good community here, that's important for the future of the coin too.
demoniality

Activity: 194

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 12:58:43 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 10:39:28 PM by demoniality

I feel like this coin is missing out on appealing to its core audience here quite badly. Whether you are one of the proportionately few (but many tens/hundreds of thousands accross the world) that has done their research on the ufo topic, it has to be accepted that the ufo community believes beyond all reasonable doubt that ufo visitation is a real thing. However the blurb on the homepage takes the stance of 'maybe one day will will make contact'. Excuse the pun but this just alienates those in the ufo community that know this is not the case.

Whatever the thoughts of you guys are, as cryptocoin enthusiasts and not necessarily 'ufologists' that see the reality on ufo's very differently, you have to agree it makes sense to rebrand this coin in line with the ufo community's paradigm.

Best case scenario, with the right marketing, this coin can become viral within that (surpisingly large) community, resulting in more miners and trading or at the worst people trade it for comedy value because it takes itself more seriously than they would expect.

If any of you participated in the btc-e trollbox early to mid last year, humorous references to reptillians was commonplace, it became it's own meme within the chat. This coin can do the same thing. It can be a joke (doge, kitteh anyone) to those that see it as just that and something that supports their beliefs in the subject to the believers.

As you might expect I am one of the 'believers' with a very strong knowledge of the history of the ufo topic and would love to be part of re-branding this coin with the correct stance to appeal to like-minded others. If that were to happen then we/I can promote this heavily to the right communities online. I emailed the dev with these ideas with no response, presumed missing in action, so i am appealing to the community which seems to be taking control of this potential-filled coin.

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
watchtheskies

Activity: 137

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:32:26 PM

I feel like this coin is missing out on appealing to its core audience here quite badly. Whether you are one of the proportionately few (but many tens/hundreds of thousands accross the world) that has done their research on the ufo topic, it has to be accepted that the ufo community believes beyond all reasonable doubt that ufo visitation is a real thing. However the blurb on the homepage takes the stance of 'maybe one day will will make contact'. Excuse the pun but this just alienates those in the ufo community that know this is not the case.

Whatever the thoughts of you guys are, as cryptocoin enthusiasts and not necessarily 'ufologists' that see the reality on ufo's very differently, you have to agree it makes sense to rebrand this coin in line with the ufo community's paradigm.

Best case scenario, with the right marketing, this coin can become viral within that (surpisingly large) community, resulting it more miners and trading or at the worst people trade it for comedy value because it takes itself more seriously than they would expect.

If any of you participated in the btc-e trollbox early to mid last year, humorous references to reptillians was commonplace, it became it's own meme within the chat. This coin can do the same thing. It can be a joke (doge, kitteh anyone) to those that see it as just that and something that supports their beliefs in the subject to the believers.

As you might expect I am one of the 'believers' with a very strong knowledge of the history of the ufo topic and would love to be part of re-branding this coin with the correct stance to appeal to like-minded others. If that were to happen then we/I can promote this heavily to the right communities online. I emailed the dev with these ideas with no response, presumed missing in action, so i am appealing to the community which seems to be taking control of this potential-filled coin.

I agree wholeheartedly. Another "official" UFO website which goes into more detail regarding the potential of this coin as a funding mechanism for ufology and paranormal research generally, would be a very worthwhile endeavour.

Before the dev disappeared, he was working on a website where people can post UFO stories, photos and more, and be paid in UFO for these contributions. He was going to pay them from the premine. He was also going to add a tip feature where anyone with UFO could tip contributors.

He seemed really sincere and my belief is he is struggling with the difficult adjustment, but this website should be almost completed.

Only time will tell, however there is nothing stopping us setting up another "official" UFO website which outlines the coin's mission in more detail.

I hope the community moving the coin forward has not made him unwilling to contribute now, if you are out there UFO dev please update us on the status of this site.

Currently staking TEK and HYPER
daimyo

UFO

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:59:36 PM

watchtheskies,

I guess this should make him proud of the community not letting his idea die

btcpoland

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 03:04:14 PM

Good to see that community is taking over this coin!

UFO coins mined so far: 26654 x 5000 = 133 270 000 (133 million)

Target total coins: 4 billion

Based on the exchange price 10 satoshi per UFO (https://www.scifi-ex.com/#/trade/exchange/8) 133M UFO coins are worth ~ 13BTC, not much. Total supply: 400BTC
itos

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 04:24:05 PM

Best case scenario, with the right marketing, this coin can become viral within that (surpisingly large) community, resulting it more miners and trading or at the worst people trade it for comedy value because it takes itself more seriously than they would expect.

I agree with you, the communication will have a make over. New site, new twitter account. Our only focus right now it's on development but I have added you to the to do the list so we can have a chat later when all it's good to start the promotion.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuOQs6bBPmOPdENQQ0NHSmpsT0drU2tSRGlnOTRZamc&usp=sharing

This is the new community to do list.
niki25
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:00:40 PM

i think that this is going good now
daimyo

UFO

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:29:02 PM

Value has risen since yesterday. Nice!

itos

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:13:19 PM
Last edit: February 03, 2014, 12:03:25 AM by itos

Since we can't update the initial update this is just a friendly reminder of current pools. The ones in the initial post are not updated.

Please try to balance the hash rates between pools, we don't want everyone to be in just one pool.

Current Active and Good Paying Pools:

http://ufo.incoinswetrust.com

http://ufo.notnull.org

Once the complete fix is done we can start looking for more pools.
demoniality

Activity: 194

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 07:45:17 PM

I agree with you, the communication will have a make over. New site, new twitter account. Our only focus right now it's on development but I have added you to the to do the list so we can have a chat later when all it's good to start the promotion.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuOQs6bBPmOPdENQQ0NHSmpsT0drU2tSRGlnOTRZamc&usp=sharing

This is the new community to do list.

I look forward to it, this coin can really be something.

ufo: C9icQvu4T4Jo6QpmnP1dgQW5ru1BfPJ4sV
daimyo

UFO

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 08:22:17 PM
Last edit: February 02, 2014, 10:03:56 PM by daimyo

Since we can't update the initial update this is just a friendly reminder of current pools. The ones in the initial post are not updated.

Please try to balance the hash rates between pools, we don't want everyone to be in just one pool.

Current Active and Good Paying Pools:

http://ufo.incoinswetrust.com

http://ufo.notnull.org

Once the complete fix is done we can start looking for more pools.

I get pool 0 JSON stratum auth failed error on both servers... how do I fix that?

EDIT: Fixed it! Was having typos  Grin

InCoinsWeTrust

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:25:14 AM

We hope for a new wallet soon  Grin Our pool will be kept updated and fed with fresh miners  Cool
http://ufo.incoinswetrust.com/
Pages: « 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 »
  Print  

Jump to: