Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 03:50:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Sleep vs Cryptos (or vice versa)  (Read 440 times)
paulmaritz (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 08:52:35 PM
Merited by paxmao (1)

Are you getting less sleep since your involvement in cryptos started? Has it pushed you into insomnia? Has it changed your sleeping patterns? What do you do to stay afloat?

I am certainly getting less sleep since my involvement in cryptos started. It is affecting my sleeping patterns in the sense that I no longer have fixed hours I go to bed every night (or in the mornings I should say). I do try to catch up on sleep - even during odd hours, but it is easier said than done with unscheduled emergencies and what not. That being said, it is certainly not a healthy situation - and will impact my health negatively if left unchecked. I can't help to wonder how many of you are experiencing the same challenge and what you're doing to address it - if anything at all. Tips and suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
RewFrew

Activity: 574
Merit: 140

Chainjoes.com

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 12:31:24 AM

Not at all.

I sleep when i'm dead tired and wake up after a good rest.
mu_enrico
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 2143

Slots Enthusiast & Expert

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 10:50:07 AM

Are you getting less sleep since your involvement in cryptos started? Has it pushed you into insomnia? Has it changed your sleeping patterns? What do you do to stay afloat?
I am certainly getting less sleep since my involvement in cryptos started. It is affecting my sleeping patterns in the sense that I no longer have fixed hours I go to bed every night (or in the mornings I should say). I do try to catch up on sleep - even during odd hours, but it is easier said than done with unscheduled emergencies and what not. That being said, it is certainly not a healthy situation - and will impact my health negatively if left unchecked. I can't help to wonder how many of you are experiencing the same challenge and what you're doing to address it - if anything at all. Tips and suggestions will be appreciated. Thank you.

Are you trading or what dude? I have same experience when I was trading forex some years ago.. Well, trading is just not for everyone. Just check your portfolio once a day and just forget it. And the most important thing, only invest with your spare (leftover) money. Also do some cardio exercise at least twice a week. It really help in my case.
paulmaritz (OP)

Merit: 274

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:02:32 AM

Are you trading or what dude? I have same experience when I was trading forex some years ago.. Well, trading is just not for everyone. Just check your portfolio once a day and just forget it. And the most important thing, only invest with your spare (leftover) money. Also do some cardio exercise at least twice a week. It really help in my case.

I am not a trader, but thanks for the advice.
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1493
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:56:46 AM

I'm an insomniac myself, but it has nothing to do with Bitcoin.

The most foolproof way to get good sleep is to be physically active for at least 6 hours and to get a cool down period before sleep.

On your cool down period do not look at any sort of LCD screens (phone, laptop, PC monitor) or strong lights. A book or a kindle is fine.
yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:43:13 PM

Not only have i been getting less sleep, but i can say that due to my investment into cryptos, I am always checking the current value of the coins that i have invested in and this causes a lot of stress on my part. One time i woke to see the value so low that i couldn't even sleep again for the rest of the night.
green547

Activity: 385
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:13:34 PM

Not only have i been getting less sleep, but i can say that due to my investment into cryptos, I am always checking the current value of the coins that i have invested in and this causes a lot of stress on my part. One time i woke to see the value so low that i couldn't even sleep again for the rest of the night.

Your only going to drive yourself crazy constantly checking prices.  For me there is no reason to check prices everyday unless your involved in pump and dumps.  I just invest in solid long term projects that I'm confident so I don't lose any sleep.

kingnony

Activity: 210
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:11:00 PM

This so true, getting too involved in crypto affects sleeping schedule, all I do is caution myself by trying to get basic number of sleeping hours at night. Health first before money, I would want to sacrifice my health for money.
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:27:33 PM

Well I am not always busy , but when I get busy it become really exhausting , for the last 5 days I only had sleep for few hours daily , and when I have some important orders open I hardly sleep . But I sleep a lot when I am free which is good amount of time , so things make up for each other and I am happy with it !
tegaisaffluent

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:31:00 PM

There is a popular saying that "where your treasure is there your heart will be" cryptos actually brought this to light when i started trading. No matter how people try to pretend the high volatility involved in cryptocurrencies trading makes sleeping when trades are bearish difficult. Nobody on earth likes to loss hence the lost of sleep when trades are not bullish. However it is suppose to be the other way round but it is only natural to be unable to sleep at first then as one gains more experience, he or she starts learning to minimize loss by not taking careless risk.
Firefox07

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 11:07:25 PM

Why you are getting less sleep when you are in cryptocurrency. We need to take good care of ourselves always. Because even if we can earn big in cryptocurrency. It is useless if got sick.
Berfikirlah

Activity: 139

View Profile
May 26, 2018, 03:49:17 AM

I have since joined in cryptocurrency always try to divide a balanced time between cryptocurrency with sleep time, do not let me sleep time to work in cryptocurrency and vice versa, and thanks to my commitment and schedule that I have made until now no problem and still balance between cryptocurrency and bedtime.
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 4155

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 04:37:22 AM

Has it changed your sleeping patterns?
Yes it has but I aren't getting fewer sleep in fact I now sleep very well since I joined Crypto way back in last 2015. I notice at a particular time my body has been program to wake up (around 5AM) that's to say my day starts @ 5AM  giving me 1hr+ to surf through the web getting informed about latest development in Crypto.
lordaquila91

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 10:44:34 PM

I had the same sleep problems buddy, and I have to add problems with my GF about all the time I spent awake. And some days I don't even sleep and in the morning go to work. I know this is not healthy at all. But I have to thank her as well for getting me to change that a bit..
aervin11

Activity: 602
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 03:38:18 AM

Been there, done that. I was like you but I think I've got to solve it by not chasing money/profits anymore, (Correct me if I'm wrong) the thing that you are always awake is because you want better profits out of your investments, I suggest that do the research and bet big on that project, 3-5 projects that you think have the greatest potential, that is diversification and costs you lesser time on crypto, creating higher rewards with lower risk, create a healthy lifestyle. Whatever your reason is for being awake, just remember, YOLO and "Health is wealth".

Not at all.

I sleep when i'm dead tired and wake up after a good rest.

I just see this post "Savage af" LOL
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1119

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:09:59 PM

I really value my sleep and try to get a minimum of 7h30 each night.

things that help me a lot:

turning screens off after sunset
doing exercises during the day (some heavy squats during the day will probably knock you down in the night)
lavender essential oil
f.lux
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1331

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2018, 10:33:10 PM

I'm not very active trader, so crypto doesn't affect my sleeping patterns that much. I'm hodler and I'm not tracking markets desperately all day long.
But crypto have at least minimal impact. I'm going to sleep really late. After I get back from my job and do my usual daily activities, there is not much time left for my hobby - crypto. So, I have to read news, articles about crypto, discuss here on Bitcointalk during the night time. So, usually I came to bet at 1AM when I have to wake up at 5:30AM. Tonight I will go to sleep at 3AM, but ok, it's Saturday. But it's not fault of crypto, I just can't manage my time effectively.
virendarnagpal

Merit: 12

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 04:39:47 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2018, 06:10:08 AM by virendarnagpal

@OP
I can suggest you 100% effective and successful remedy to this (insomnia) problem.  Have you heard about Yoga and Pranayama.  Yoga is physical exercise. Pranayama is Samskrit language word which means breathing exercises.  Following are different breathing excercises:
1.  Anulom Vilom
2.  Bhrastrika
3.  Kapal Bhati
4.  Ujjhhayee
5.  Omkar
6.  Bharamari  etc.  

For the solution to the problem you are suffering ; first one i.e. Anulom Vilom is best one and you will definitely get results with in few weeks.  
For this you have to sit straight on the earth.  Spinal cord should be straight.  You have to close your right nostril with your thumb take deep breathe ; fill your lungs fully with air; stop for 10-15 seconds open right nastal and immediately close left nostril with your middle fingure of right hand.  slowly release the air.  
Then take long deep breathe from left and release from right nostril .  Do this for at least half an hour daily in fresh air preferably in the early morning.  I assure friend; you will definitely see the change.  
And if you take in and out your breathe carefully I mean attentively; it will turn to meditation.  For getting advantage of meditaion you can do this along with light music.   In addition to physical reliefs you will experience the peace of your inner self.
If you want to learn more ; I suggest to google.  You may also follow Yogarishi Swami Ram Dev on twitter; facebook and youtube or any other yoga master.  Name I suggested is the person who has trained millions of people.

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3536

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 05:38:47 PM

try practicing "sleep hygiene" <- do a search on it

avoid led lights at bed time, this includes computer monitors and smart phones. or you may want to try computer/smartphone software that reduces the blue color, as blue seems to be the key

you could try melatonin, but check with your doctor/pharmacist 1st

personally i read to go to sleep, either real books or an e-reader with e-ink (ie not backlit)

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
November 03, 2018, 06:41:14 PM

How can you not get enough sleep if you’re not a trader. When trading I know the feeling of waiting for Beijing to take a certain exchange live which will dramatically alter the price.
I sat in a lesson a few years ago and crashed the s7 market on HashNest from panic selling and my teacher was quite interested in what I was doing Grin.

If it’s just how safe your funds are or something then you’re usually fine. If there’s an issue with a bitcoin transaction you want confirming, sleeping is the best option you have... go to sleep and promise yourself that when you wake up your transaction will be confirmed, and it usually is.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: