Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:22:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which do you feel is the "best" name to uniquely identify the 0.0001 BTC unit?
1 bip = 0.0001 BTC
1 bit = 0.0001 BTC
1 bitdime = 0.0001 BTC
1 bitski = 0.0001 BTC
1 decimillibit = 0.0001 BTC
1 finney = 0.0001 BTC
1 littlebit = 0.0001 BTC
1 man/maan-satoshi = 0.0001 BTC
1 minicoin = 0.0001 BTC
1 nakamoto = 0.0001 BTC
1 pbit = 0.0001 BTC
1 sbit = 0.0001 BTC

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Name the 0.0001 BTC unit - 1st POLL  (Read 5100 times)
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1255

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:03:17 PM

Less than 48 hours left; over 170 votes so far.

So what? This isn't a community vote. Just someone decided to run a poll. It will be forgotten the day after it closes. Sorry Smiley

I don't like this poll. Poor choices.

How about someone start a thread for suggestions that should be on the next poll which is, I hope, endorsed by Admins.
Admins don't rule the bitcoin world

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
willphase

Activity: 767
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:22:34 PM

So what? This isn't a community vote. Just someone decided to run a poll. It will be forgotten the day after it closes. Sorry Smiley

How about someone start a thread for suggestions that should be on the next poll which is, I hope, endorsed by Admins.
Admins don't rule the bitcoin world

consensus rules the bitcoin world, and 170 votes is not anywhere near consensus.

This vote, and the idea of trying to 'decide' a name for a meaningless unit of bitcoin just needs to die.  As others have said, if you absolutely can't handle long decimal places, then stick to micro and milli.

Will

Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:28:26 PM

I vote to call it a "US Dollar"

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
jongameson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:37:45 PM

why limit it to $10000 a coin??
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:59:11 AM

How about we don't run another poll for choice of name. I've seen 3 in the last 3 months. What happens after? Zilch
jonanon

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:52:19 AM

How about we don't run another poll for choice of name. I've seen 3 in the last 3 months. What happens after? Zilch

I think we do need a name for each decimal place although a good one - of which there are none in this 'poll'
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 04:59:45 AM

I think we do need a name for each decimal place although a good one - of which there are none in this 'poll'

This poll shows we can't agree on a decent name for one of them. What chance the other six?
Qim

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 05:01:09 AM

Nice one ! I agree. hahaha
westkybitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:10:29 AM

Just under 24 hours left, although it looks like the names of choice for the final four are likely settled. The final poll will be only one vote per voter, and will determine the prize winner for the contest.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:19:37 AM

1 nakamoto should be next to 1 satoshi if we end up naming all the possible decimal places.
westkybitcoins (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:04:55 AM

And that's a wrap! Poll is locked; final poll should be up momentarily.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: