Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:04:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I'm dumping Nxt and here's why you should too  (Read 21256 times)
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:25:01 AM

You are right, Nxt is worthless.

Shower me in your trash

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NWO (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 07:33:35 AM

You guys are going to so much effort to shoot NXT down that it's almost impossible not to conclude that you have a hidden agenda.

Are u simply aesthetically outraged by the sight of a messy Java clent being patched up on the fly?

Or are you simply trolling for the FUD of it?

I checked out NXT (and a big pile of other alt-coins) before I invested.
My conclusion is that NXT is a promising crypto with a very motivated community and a lot of potentially game changing features.
Sure, its got problems, distribution sucks for one. I should get much more.....
But I do not think NXT is a deliberate scam.

There are a lot of truly obvious scam coins on the market, why single out NXT for all this attention?

Because if you read the thread instead of going straight to 'reply' you would have a grasp on why people do not like Nxt. I'm not going to spoon feed you AGAIN (it has been mentioned multiple times by many users) why Nxt is a bad investment. Do what you like with your BTC and keep thinking people have hidden agendas instead of actually trying to warn the community.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 07:46:47 AM

If NXT code is a mess, Bitcoin source code is a giant mess (must see).

the genius doesn't lie in the code base, but in the algorithms and that the code is crap. I agree with that assessment. ... I've been thinking about refactoring the code myself. Everybody is afraid of breaking it since it appears to work, and that is reasonable to an extent, but on the other hand this code base is utterly unsuitable for serious work.

In comparison, look how fast the NXT code is improving :
Nxt Software Change Log

It won't take long before NXT code overcome Bitcoin code.

Talk about fair distribution ?

Bitcoin distribution Dec 2013

#People#Bitcoins#TotalBitcoins
47BTC10k+3.5M
350kBTC0.1-10.1M
350kBTC0.01-0.10.0M
210kBTC0.001-0.010.0M

Total: 11.6M bitcoins (0.5M bitcoins assumed lost)

It doesn't seems to bother anyone with Bitcoin, why do you bitch about NXT ?
Well, everyone knows now : selfish manipulation.

Edward50

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:50:35 AM

Please everyone stay away from NXT.

you have 70% or more of the coins owned by a few individuals, meaning 700 million of the billion coins. They will dump at any price increase.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:14:52 AM

you have 70% or more of the coins owned by a few individuals, meaning 700 million of the billion coins. They will dump at any price increase.

Please Edward50 then stay away from Bitcoin, Litecoin, Peercoin etc. They have a similar situation.
laowai80

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:17:39 AM

Please Edward50 then stay away from Bitcoin, Litecoin, Peercoin etc. They have a similar situation.

I would suggest staying away from any form of money, because:

NWO (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:19:34 AM

Did you read the thread? No. There are significant flaws to Nxt including how it was poorly distributed, manipulated, bad code, etc etc

I invite you to read this thread. A lot of interesting facts that you will find along the way.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:24:22 AM

You guys are going to so much effort to shoot NXT down that it's almost impossible not to conclude that you have a hidden agenda.

Are u simply aesthetically outraged by the sight of a messy Java clent being patched up on the fly?

My conclusion is that NXT is a promising crypto with a very motivated community and a lot of potentially game changing features.

There are a lot of truly obvious scam coins on the market, why single out NXT for all this attention?

Because if you read the thread instead of going straight to 'reply' you would have a grasp on why people do not like Nxt. I'm not going to spoon feed you AGAIN (it has been mentioned multiple times by many users) why Nxt is a bad investment. Do what you like with your BTC and keep thinking people have hidden agendas instead of actually trying to warn the community.

I've got no problem with acknowledging that NXT is a long way from perfect. It might work out brilliantly, or it may crash and burn.
Almost all of your objections to NXT could have been applied to BItcoin 5 years ago.

But I dont see you putting quite so much effort into warning the community about other coins that may have problems. Visacoin, for example?

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
NWO (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:25:16 AM

I would suggest staying away from any form of money, because:

Sorry I must have missed that time in history when all of Americas wealth was distributed amongst a handful of lucky donors and the rest of America had to buy their way in for a 10000% premium. Usually people work for money being USD (jobs, inheretence etc), BTC (mining), etc.

Idiot.
NWO (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:26:45 AM

I've got no problem with acknowledging that NXT is a long way from perfect. It might work out brilliantly, or it may crash and burn.
Almost all of your objections to NXT could have been applied to BItcoin 5 years ago.

But I dont see you putting quite so much effort into warning the community about other coins that may have problems. Visacoin, for example?

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:34:29 AM

Sorry I must have missed that time in history when all of Americas wealth was distributed amongst a handful of lucky donors and the rest of America had to buy their way in for a 10000% premium. Usually people work for money being USD (jobs, inheretence etc), BTC (mining), etc.
Idiot.

LOL you believe the American system if FAIR ?
That the wealth of the 1% come from hardwork ?

Usually people work for money (jobs, inheretence etc), BTC (mining), etc.

Since when inheritance is a work ?
You are not mining, your computer is mining and wasting energy. This problem is solved with NXT with 100% Proof-of-Stake (PoS). BIM !

achimsmile
Legendary

Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:46:19 AM

Did you read the thread? No. There are significant flaws to Nxt including how it was poorly distributed, manipulated, bad code, etc etc

I read this thread, the original NXt thread, the 800+ thread. After doing so I came to the conclusion that NXT has a LOT of potential (and that you are a troll).

Every one of my NXT is save behind a 256bit encryption, if the code is so bad, why can't you steal my coins?

The question is, why do you care so much? Are you so altruistic to save everyone from doing a big mistake? How kind of you. Kiss
EvilDave

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:00:35 AM

Idiot.

So I can conclude that u also have a problem with people buying into Bitcoins potential wealth at an insane premium.
Maybe I should ask some early BTC adopters to release their reserves at a reasonable price, say $1 per BTC, so the rest of us can catch up. Sounds fair to me......

NWO (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:02:22 AM

I read this thread, the original NXt thread, the 800+ thread. After doing so I came to the conclusion that NXT has a LOT of potential (and that you are a troll).

Every one of my NXT is save behind a 256bit encryption, if the code is so bad, why can't you steal my coins?

The question is, why do you care so much? Are you so altruistic to save everyone from doing a big mistake? How kind of you. Kiss

Kiss

I don't care, I simply made a thread on why I don't like Nxt and why it is a bad investment. This board is, after all, a discussion for alternate cryptocurrencies.

It was a promising new coin, I just don't like everything that has been mentioned in this topic. Bad outweighed the good.

Don't forget, the mining is all great and 'innovative' but who do you think gets all of the blocks? The rich minority have set themselves up with a passive income for the rest of their lives while the peasants lap up their Nxt at a HUGE premium while vigorously defending their masters chanting "donors deserve all of our Bitcoin, they took the risk. donors deserve all of our  Bitcoin, they took the risk. donors deserve all of our Bitcoin, they took the risk."  

The bottom line is, you are asking to be dumped on in Nxt. Every BTC you invest goes into a donors wallet. They thank you and then proceed to laugh with their remaining 999,994,000 Nxt.

NWO (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:07:32 AM

Idiot.

So I can conclude that u also have a problem with people buying into Bitcoins potential wealth at an insane premium.
Maybe I should ask some early BTC adopters to release their reserves at a reasonable price, say $1 per BTC, so the rest of us can catch up. Sounds fair to me......

Don't worry, your noob account forgives you as you obviously know shit about what we are talking about. Maybe spend some time watching 'what is Bitcoin' videos, read this thread over and then come back.

Good attempt though  Kiss I wish I could keep playing your game and pretend Satoshi handed out 21 million BTC to some lucky donors which was prematurely ended because it wouldn't give him enough BTC. But we won't as I don't even think you know what mining is. How sad.
EvilDave

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:19:03 AM

Something to do with dwarves, yeah?

My, we are getting grumpy.

luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:31:12 AM

every second gen coin is about going early. Emunie will be the same. Deal with it and don't try to influence people with ur obvious statements. At least, nxt is serious developpement, we can't say that about other copycats.

Op seems too stupid to buy low and sell high, no matter u don't have a big stack of nxt, be smart and ride the wave. Same for bitcoin and all etc...when whales do their move, just ride on it. Oh well, seems you're new in crypto.

What's ur point, you want your small share of nxt to have an impact on market ? that's not how crypto works and it will never be. Big money make big benefits. Small money make benefits only if smart used.
d5000
Legendary

Activity: 3892
Merit: 6006

Decentralization Maximalist

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:38:22 AM

You are right, it is good that the early investors are now dumping all their coins. So Nxt gets better distributed.

This crash is healthy.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
luckygenough56
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1012

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:55:34 AM

yep OP have to be happy, it's crashing since yesterday and i didn't see high market manipulation at all like he stated. Only pretty small amounts are traded  Roll Eyes

Buy op, buy !
NWO (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:56:06 AM

You are right, it is good that the early investors are now dumping all their coins. So Nxt gets better distributed.

This crash is healthy.

Actually, you'll find that the ones who crashed the price around 0.00013 (making hundreds of BTC), are buying back now. Rinse and repeat. This is a torturous game that will take months for the real dedicated to stop believing when they are all dried up. You have to give it to the devs, very smart scheme to become bitcoin rich.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: