yes - 47 (20.8%)
maybe - 23 (10.2%)
idk - 33 (14.6%)
maybe not - 29 (12.8%)
no - 94 (41.6%)
Total Voters: 226

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Downtrend started?  (Read 9468 times)
segeln

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:05:39 PM

perma bulls, still convinced this is just a correction?  Roll Eyes
Yes !

The green ascending Line is the mid-term upwards-trend. Not been broken yet
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arepo

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

this statement is false

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 02:22:02 PM

Yes !

The green ascending Line is the a possible mid-term upwards-trend. Not been broken yet

we'll see... Lips sealed

this sentence has fifteen words, seventy-four letters, four commas, one hyphen, and a period.
18N9md2G1oA89kdBuiyJFrtJShuL5iDWDz
segeln

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 03:43:51 PM

Yes !

The green ascending Line is the a possible mid-term upwards-trend. Not been broken yet

we'll see... Lips sealed
in 1 or 2 days it will be resolved
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 06:08:53 PM

perma bulls, still convinced this is just a correction?  Roll Eyes

well... I'm not a perma bull, but to answer your question it matters what you mean by "correction". the sub-correction to the smaller uptrend that started ~2 weeks ago, or the big correction to the december ATH. I mean, what's your motivation for the choice of time frame? Not that I take the following as evidence that the correction is over for sure, but here, have a larger broken downtrend in any case Cheesy

Indeed. For comparison, we similarly broke the downtrend in May 2013. The larger bear market remained intact.
pbody

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 07:17:11 PM

What confuses me about this Subject is that it asks whether a downtrend is starting during a short term bull in a downtrend that had started a month ago.

Noting volume compared to the upward spike in Nov points toward a continued downtrend regardless of where the price manipulation is.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
bambou

Activity: 346

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:03:32 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2014, 08:14:30 PM by bambou

What confuses me about this Subject is that it asks whether a downtrend is starting during a short term bull in a downtrend that had started a month ago.

Noting volume compared to the upward spike in Nov points toward a continued downtrend regardless of where the price manipulation is.

Hello, been following for a while, now stepping in the arena.. Anyho, imho, the periods where there was more volumes are more reliable to extrapolate a trend frame. Hence, i would consider the overall down trend after nov's spike. I believe this short term bull market that occurred within last month was mostly due to low volumes vs. demand (and considering the overwhelming feeling that Bitcoin could be a great success: hodl! Cheesy)

More generally speaking, I would tend to believe that now that people/companies worldwide are showing interest in Bitcoin, the pressure should drop again before starting a more healthy uptrend, which would eventually lead to some other bullrush when even more people actually start using bitcoins. In fact i think this long downtrend pattern went a little bit offtrack this last month because of the feeling that 2013 had been a wonderful year for bitcoin and that 2014 is going to be even better: but, as they say, "one should not sell the bear's fur before killing it"  Grin

Non inultus premor
segeln

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:28:17 PM

Yes !
we'll see... Lips sealed

so, what do you see now ?
https://www.tradingview.com/x/85tAicsz/
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:30:11 PM

This is it people.  We're entering the long slow slide, which will probably be a short fast fall, given all the bad news and the fact that bitcoin has reached its saturation point and there's really nothing interesting or useful left to do development wise.  Long term outlook is pretty dismal, I'm sorry to say.

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:39:33 PM

This is it people.  We're entering the long slow slide, which will probably be a short fast fall, given all the bad news and the fact that bitcoin has reached its saturation point and there's really nothing interesting or useful left to do development wise.  Long term outlook is pretty dismal, I'm sorry to say.

The maddest senior troll of them all!  Smiley

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:42:31 PM

Because MtGox SWIFT withdrawals do not work, mtgoxUSD trades consistently higher than bitstampUSD (the mtgoxUSD is devalued). Sometimes, this price difference temporarily spikes up, sometimes it spikes down, for no good reason really.

but that's not satisfying at all, blitz. why should this ever happen? the price differential makes sense to me, but not decoupling of trends.
The differential itself decouples for a period of time, not the trend. When that decoupling happens, of course you will perceive that event as a change in trend.

Why does the differential decouple, sometimes to be "sticky" at around 0% (yes, it has been that way sometimes post MtGox withdrawal delay), other times 5%, 10% or 15%? No clue, I think it is a certain randomness since inherent conditions never changed. It used to puzzle me too, now I just accept that even with regard to something as straight forward as this, the market is irrational as a whole at times.
traderCJ

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:49:57 PM

Oh the huge manatee!!!
oda.krell
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1007

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 08:51:28 PM

You're cute when you're back in troll mode Cheesy

Not sure which Bitcoin wallet you should use? Get Electrum!
Electrum is an open-source lightweight client: fast, user friendly, and 100% secure.
Download the source or executables for Windows/OSX/Linux/Android from, and only from, the official Electrum homepage.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 09:35:10 PM

Oh the huge manatee!!!

You rang?

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Coinpicker

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:04:52 PM

Zangelbert Bingledack
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:47:11 PM

Many of the people that do TA were around when BTC was worth $2 or $20 or $50. The further back someone goes, I find, generally the harder it is for them to justify the current price in their own minds.

The old myth of the "fair price." A basic human error, catalogued all the way back to Aquinas.
wobber
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:01:38 AM

Price is taaanking boys. Sell now! it's gonna blooow!

[imagine this with a pirate accent]

If you hate me, you can spam me here: 19wdQNKjnATkgXvpzmSrkSYhJtuJWb8mKs
KARHU

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:28:45 AM

The phase of the bull is now in it's decent, mighty dues shall be paid to the KARHU during the Karhunpeijaiset and those who worship rightly will be paid many times their due. There are those who refuse to listen to the prophets of KARHU and continue with their foolish worship of the bull....they too shall pay their dues to the KARHU and it is their choice alone how much they suffer for their intransigence.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:48:39 AM

sources

Bitcoin Fact: the price of bitcoin will not be greater than $70k for more than 25 consecutive days at any point in the rest of recorded human history.
Bitbuy

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:43:58 AM

Price is taaanking boys. Sell now! it's gonna blooow!

[imagine this with a pirate accent]

I just did, but apparently I made a weird face because everyone around is looking....
Thanks Lips sealed
dnaleor (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000

Want privacy? Use Monero!

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 07:12:03 AM
Last edit: January 08, 2014, 08:22:27 AM by dnaleor

Ok, you asked for a larger time frame?

Mt.Gox is not (yet) decided...

But when I look at bitstamp...

I become kinda bearish... (fora few weeks probably)
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: