Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:18:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Account at EclipseMC hacked!  (Read 1764 times)
SistaS0uljah (OP)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 08:57:26 PM
Last edit: January 06, 2014, 11:49:02 PM by MiningBuddy

I've been mining on EclipseMC for a couple of weeks and had accumulated about 0.42 BTC.  I had my account set up to auto-payout at .51, but for some reason, this morning, the 0.42 balance was manually paid out... somewhere.  It was not sent to the address I created for this pool and has not been deposited in my wallet.  I suspect my account was hacked and I've lost those coins.

My fault, I suppose, since I did not configure the account with 2-factor Google Auth, but I'm more than a little pissed off.  I tried logging into the forums at BFL to report this, and I registered for a forum account, but I never received any authorization message in my Yahoo mail account after registering.  I can now get into the forums and read posts, but cannot create any new posts since I have not confirmed my account by responding to the message that I never received.

I assume I will never get those 0.42 BTC back, but just want to warn everyone here that EclipseMC is not a safe place to mine, unless you have a Yubi key or configure Google Auth to protect yourself Undecided.

Mode note: updated title to make more clear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:45:14 AM

I've been mining on EclipseMC for a couple of weeks and had accumulated about 0.42 BTC.  I had my account set up to auto-payout at .51, but for some reason, this morning, the 0.42 balance was manually paid out... somewhere.  It was not sent to the address I created for this pool and has not been deposited in my wallet.  I suspect my account was hacked and I've lost those coins.

My fault, I suppose, since I did not configure the account with 2-factor Google Auth, but I'm more than a little pissed off.  I tried logging into the forums at BFL to report this, and I registered for a forum account, but I never received any authorization message in my Yahoo mail account after registering.  I can now get into the forums and read posts, but cannot create any new posts since I have not confirmed my account by responding to the message that I never received.

I assume I will never get those 0.42 BTC back, but just want to warn everyone here that EclipseMC is not a safe place to mine, unless you have a Yubi key or configure Google Auth to protect yourself Undecided.

Mode note: updated title to make more clear.

Sorry for your loss.

Everyone should use 2fa and / or a Yubikey anywhere you have money / btc stored .....
NetTime

Activity: 253
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:24:05 PM

You also should have enabled the payment lock.
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2014, 05:52:35 PM

My account was hacked and I had google 2fa enabled.  Sorry for your loss, thats a lot to lose....
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 01:36:39 AM

My account was hacked and I had google 2fa enabled.  Sorry for your loss, thats a lot to lose....

Any idea how this happened? With 2fa enabled, there aren't so many possibilities .....
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 07:52:30 AM

Any idea how this happened? With 2fa enabled, there aren't so many possibilities .....

I have no idea. I just got emails advising i`d requested payouts (which I hadn`t).

Ever since i`ve tried to sign in and it states that my 2fa auth has failed.  Josh won`t reply to my questions or help resolve, as he just says any account with 2fa was safe.

That is simply not true.

I`ll never use the pool again.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:30:27 AM

I have no idea. I just got emails advising i`d requested payouts (which I hadn`t).

Ever since i`ve tried to sign in and it states that my 2fa auth has failed.  Josh won`t reply to my questions or help resolve, as he just says any account with 2fa was safe.

That is simply not true.

I`ll never use the pool again.

That's a real shame, especially the guy not replying. That's just not right. I'm not a security expert but if 2fa is failing suggests the server is compromised?
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2014, 08:38:06 AM

my theory (not an expert on these things by any stretch) is that someone hacked my account and updated or changed the 2fa password
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 08:41:35 AM

my theory (not an expert on these things by any stretch) is that someone hacked my account and updated or changed the 2fa password

Can you do that? Log into an account and alter 2fa "Password"? I thought the point was the password isn't fixed and is generated externally, hence safe from anyone knowing ... but I'm far from 2fa expert ... only just started using it myself.
vulgartrendkill

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 11:48:48 AM

Well I don't know, but my account is locked so....
Can you do that? Log into an account and alter 2fa "Password"? I thought the point was the password isn't fixed and is generated externally, hence safe from anyone knowing ... but I'm far from 2fa expert ... only just started using it myself.
mtnminer

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:09:13 PM

I am a former EclipseMC miner, it take quite a while to get a support response as BFL_Josh operates the EclipseMC mining pool and Butterfly Labs!  Both have support and delay issues, this just makes both business harder to run and manage.

I moved to BTC-Guild and am glad I did!

Mtnminer
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 10:07:36 AM

I am a former EclipseMC miner, it take quite a while to get a support response as BFL_Josh operates the EclipseMC mining pool and Butterfly Labs!  Both have support and delay issues, this just makes both business harder to run and manage.

I moved to BTC-Guild and am glad I did!

Mtnminer

Oh what, really? BFL_Josh runs the pool? Good luck with ever getting any polite response out of them then.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: