Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 01:45:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] eSportsMoney [ESM]: The Currency of eSports! ZERO PREMINE  (Read 10588 times)
TheSmo

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:28:33 PM

My wallet is not synching... I assume, this is normal when a new wallet is not very common?
LucasJones

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:31:19 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 06:06:29 PM by LucasJones

My wallet is not synching... I assume, this is normal when a new wallet is not very common?

Try running 'addnode 176.250.66.46 add' in your debug window console.

Tip jars: BTC 1DmCj5fVACDoAZHy5PeKs274xvuwpZ42RM
TheSmo

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:34:42 PM

Did that, no effect.
Restarted wallet, still getting "no block source available".
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:35:28 PM

this is correct, but this just means we as a community are gona have to help the dev out and support and promote this coin. we could start a faucet and a few other things
this is better for the coin in the long run, because no 1 person is holding a huge bag that they can dump whenever they feel like

True, but a promotion must be smart, look, you have promotions like giveaway, giveaway 1000 coins, people that already own that coin will put their wallet number, but NO NEW miners!!!

I've a idea for OGC (what of course also can apply for ESM -as i'm pretty big mining it Smiley) why not organize a jackpot? Give people a big amount of coins and they need to follow the following rules.

1. They need to mine at least 5 hours a day for 2 weeks (Hashrate doesn't matter)

This support the coin and the mining pool should support us with x number of coins that they earn more because of this promotion.

2. If you completed the first rule then you can put your wallet number on the subject and then a live jackpot lottory will be done and winner takes it all.
mackcowanii (OP)

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:43:53 PM

this is correct, but this just means we as a community are gona have to help the dev out and support and promote this coin. we could start a faucet and a few other things
this is better for the coin in the long run, because no 1 person is holding a huge bag that they can dump whenever they feel like

True, but a promotion must be smart, look, you have promotions like giveaway, giveaway 1000 coins, people that already own that coin will put their wallet number, but NO NEW miners!!!

I've a idea for OGC (what of course also can apply for ESM -as i'm pretty big mining it Smiley) why not organize a jackpot? Give people a big amount of coins and they need to follow the following rules.

1. They need to mine at least 5 hours a day for 2 weeks (Hashrate doesn't matter)

This support the coin and the mining pool should support us with x number of coins that they earn more because of this promotion.

2. If you completed the first rule then you can put your wallet number on the subject and then a live jackpot lottory will be done and winner takes it all.

This is not a bad idea. PM me if you get the details of this hashed out and we could maybe put something together, I'd me more than willing to donate to the prize pool. I also wanted to let you guys know that when I get home in a few hours I am going to increase the amount on the giveaway thread from 10 to 20 and revive that thread. If you want to increase the amount given away, feel free to PM me.
TheSmo

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:44:01 PM

Why not make this permanent on the pools instead of a one time event?
Like a random jackpot independant from the worker's hasrate, plus one based on the shares someone had during a day (or something like that)? So it's interesting for small ppl like me but bigger miners are interested too?
mackcowanii (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:48:41 PM

I am in talks with someone who is trying to setup a website where you can buy Steam game codes and other game-related stuff with ESM. I think that's a much bigger than a pool lottery, that and updated graphics of course!
TheSmo

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 03:51:56 PM

Sounds awesome, count me in (80+ steam games Wink)
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:29:52 PM

I am in talks with someone who is trying to setup a website where you can buy Steam game codes and other game-related stuff with ESM. I think that's a much bigger than a pool lottery, that and updated graphics of course!

Yes, that will be much bigger than a pool lottery, as it give people the options to really use their ESM coins, but before people will use those games they first need to be motivated to mine at ESM? So then a big lottory can help boosting NEW minners. Releasing games is one thing, and people will read it and continue reading other stuff. Having a big lottory create new miners, new people that are interested in the coin but the lottory really needs to be big!!! around 1BTC or so. If every miner give a amount of coins that can be equal to 0.01BTC then you need 100 miner to achieve this. Make a deal with the mining pool so that they support this lottory too, as they will see a increase in new miners (meaning coin will be worth more).
jdh015232

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:09:13 PM

yes this is whats going to make this coin work..something of this nature. but first we have to have miners to back the network and second we have to be on an exchange for liquidity and have some people wanting to buy, which is why we do the giveaways and things to get miners mining and more people interested
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:26:27 PM

yes this is whats going to make this coin work..something of this nature. but first we have to have miners to back the network and second we have to be on an exchange for liquidity and have some people wanting to buy, which is why we do the giveaways and things to get miners mining and more people interested

Infact we need to get on http://www.coinwarz.com/ and http://www.wheretomine.com/ this will give our coin the necessary boost, it will increase the number of miners, our coin, dammit, it is ESM, it is not OGC Smiley,  anyway, a exchange is nice, of course, and then you finally also need to get on http://www.coinmarketcap.com because if you get on those sites then you have pretty good start to achieve your targets.

Mining like crazy at the moment Smiley
mackcowanii (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:19:10 PM

I emailed coinedup about getting on their exchange, I'm still waiting to hear back.
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:24:27 PM

Do i need to try? The last time i ask for OGC and MEOW to get listed to the exchange and one day later it was listed. But the question is, do we really want to get it listed now already? Better to wait and get the marketing stuff ready and then start listing, no? Now it is easy mining too Cheesy
jdh015232

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:34:18 PM

Do i need to try? The last time i ask for OGC and MEOW to get listed to the exchange and one day later it was listed. But the question is, do we really want to get it listed now already? Better to wait and get the marketing stuff ready and then start listing, no? Now it is easy mining too Cheesy
i honestly feel we need another few days and some more promotion to get more people aware or it will just get dumped once on coined up. also we need at least 50mh/s to keep up with transactions or the network will be too slow, so we need more miners!
we lso need a couple of more pools to get the hashrate spread out. pool 1 is having some issues again leaving us with just 1 other pool and thats no bueno
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:40:58 PM

Correct, i see you on the top of the pool Smiley Sometimes if i'm a little less active Cheesy

1. More pools
2. Try to launch a few games
3. Then it is our job to promote this like crazy Smiley We have the pools ready, we have the games ready. If the games are great then people will just mine this for playing games. For example some slots, very populair, ofcourse this website needs to be support too by us, because we need to be able to cover the winnings, so i hope that the owner of the coin is also mining his coin for this kind of support too.
mackcowanii (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:10:41 PM

I think the biggest thing will be getting that Steam game service going, which will draw in more miners. Both of these will cause a bit of growth. In addition, I am hoping to update the client graphics by the end of the week.
fatass

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:13:48 PM

Maybe some partnership with sports stuff ?
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:20:50 PM

Maybe some partnership with sports stuff ?

Good point...but the problem is that you're sooo limitted. For example i'm from belgium and if i find here a sport shop that allow us to use ESM then the number of customer are maybe 1 or 2. Or a shop in Texas, nobody will order something from Texas when you life in Florida, for example.

This is a sport coin so personally i believe the main focus should be create a website like Unibet (i hope you know Smiley) that allow us to play on sportgames. This website NEEDS to support BTC/ESM/$/€(and OGC  Grin) so that people that didn't mine anything can change their money into ESM and also play.
mackcowanii (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:21:15 AM

It's eSportsMoney, think more along the lines of competitive video games.
geokilla

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:40:43 AM

Post on TL. I know you're into SC2 mack. David Kim is as clueless as always.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: