Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:36:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Cryptopay — Payment processing with GBP/EUR payouts  (Read 1601 times)
facade (OP)

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 06, 2014, 09:25:12 PM

Hi there,

We'd like to announce that a new Bitcoin payment processing for European merchants - Cryptopay — (https://cryptopay.me). It allows you to accept bitcoins and get paid in fiat the next business day within UK and Europe, either in GBP or in EUR.

What we offer:

1% flat fee
GBP/EUR payouts the next business day with no international transfer fee
Mobile POS

What about banks?

We have been trying to open a business account for more than 3 months and finally we have found several bankers, who don't mind getting Bitcoin businesses on board, so they know what we’re doing and we’re operating legally.

Why do I give you a try?

0% fee for a beta testing period
Friendly support
Simpliest API
Partner Program for those of you, who like to make Bitcoin available everywhere

Bugs

We appreciate any bug reports and will pay you if you find any security related ones — let us know at dmitry@cryptopay.me

Contacts

Twitter: @cryptopay
Email: info@cryptopay.me
Site: https://cryptopay.me

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 04:25:01 PM

Hi there,

We'd like to announce that a new Bitcoin payment processing for European merchants - Cryptopay — (https://cryptopay.me). It allows you to accept bitcoins and get paid in fiat the next business day within UK and Europe, either in GBP or in EUR.

What we offer:

1% flat fee
Mobile POS

What about banks?

We have been trying to open a business account for more than 3 months and finally we have found several bankers, who don't mind getting Bitcoin businesses on board, so they know what we’re doing and we’re operating legally.

Why do I give you a try?

Friendly support
Simpliest API

Bugs

We appreciate any bug reports and will pay you if you find any security related ones — let us know at dmitry@cryptopay.me

Contacts

Hi. See here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
facade (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2014, 06:15:14 PM

Hi there,

What we offer:

1% flat fee
Mobile POS

What about banks?

Why do I give you a try?

Friendly support
Simpliest API

Bugs

Contacts

Hi. See here.

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate you've spent time on writing this useful guide for Bitcoin businesses wannabe. But just one thing — you'd rather not judge people on their reg date, it might be the case usually, but not always. I've been on the forum since April 2013 and I myself do 250BTC+ trades on Bittylicous in the UK and mining at 500GH/s — though not pretend to know everything about the Bitcoin, but i definitely understand how things work and how to make them a bit easier for normal people.

Both of Cryptopay's founders have their degrees in finance, so we have an idea how financial services work and how to get Bitcoin on board of this services — so we've been working on Cryptopay for 8 months and are 100% committed to work on it in the future.

I will be glad if you will try our service and I'll be more than happy to answer any questions you might have.

Regards,

Dmitry
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 12:16:55 PM

Hi there, thanks for your feedback. I really appreciate you've spent time on writing this useful guide for Bitcoin businesses wannabe. But just one thing — you'd rather not judge people on their reg date, it might be the case usually, but not always.

I didn't even look at your reg date. I saw a service announcement ostensibly related to handling people's funds which failed to include the establishment of who was running the thing, what the thing's overall plan was, and what steps had been taken towards ensuring security. This lands you in the "I don't know what I'm doing" camp. If you do in fact know what you're doing, the post announcing your service should reflect this, you know?

Both of Cryptopay's founders have their degrees in finance, so we have an idea how financial services work and how to get Bitcoin on board of this services — so we've been working on Cryptopay for 8 months and are 100% committed to work on it in the future.

That's great, but it can't stand on its own. You are asking people to trust that you and your team are competent. There are standards, as linked, to follow when striving to make the case for that trust, so that rational people can make a rational call. Now's the time, go for it.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
facade (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 11:31:42 PM

UPDATE:

We have released Node.js and Ruby libraries so it's getting easier to start accepting Bitcoins on your website. Check out http://github.com/cryptopay-dev

Cryptopay Partner's

We are looking forward to increasing Bitcoin adoption, so if you'd like to get involved — drop us a line at hello@cryptopay.me. We provide a meaningful revenue share for our partners, who will help us get merchants aboard of Bitcoin.

moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 09:44:46 PM
Last edit: January 22, 2014, 10:03:40 PM by moni3z

Your SSL is wide open to this renegotiation DOS attack https://www.thc.org/thc-ssl-dos/
Disable Secure Client-Initiated Renegotiation or sign up to Cloudflare for their TLS stack and DDOS mitigation as well since I would imagine competitors will start attacking you like they do all payment gateways.

Your address is an apartment building in London.. what physical security precautions have you taken from somebody breaking in and planting keylogging spy equipment to steal that gold mine of bank accounts, private bitcoin keys, and identity documents? I would be running this service out of a makeshift SCIF with access control and intrusion detection.

facade (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2014, 12:24:51 PM

Your SSL is wide open to this renegotiation DOS attack https://www.thc.org/thc-ssl-dos/
Disable Secure Client-Initiated Renegotiation or sign up to Cloudflare for their TLS stack and DDOS mitigation as well since I would imagine competitors will start attacking you like they do all payment gateways.

Your address is an apartment building in London.. what physical security precautions have you taken from somebody breaking in and planting keylogging spy equipment to steal that gold mine of bank accounts, private bitcoin keys, and identity documents? I would be running this service out of a makeshift SCIF with access control and intrusion detection.

Hi moni3z,

Thanks for a productive feedback. We will look into the SSL problem, and will try to take all the necessary precautions. Regarding an office address — it's just a temp address and we are moving to a secured office space the next month. None of the sensitive information is kept on the premises, so it doesn't make sense to key logging.

Regards,

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: