Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 02:23:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Vs. Paypal - and PayPal is getting sued.  (Read 28609 times)
g35fan

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 11:42:38 PM

Thank you for the affirmation that i was making the right choice by leaving this forum, i almost felt bad for a minute. as you can clearly see above I DID NOT WANT TO DO ANY DONATION, and knowing the mentality of the kids on here knew exactly what was going to happen. Furthermore, i DO NOT OWN the other forum, i am just a moderator there, and as for the rest, it has nothing to do with emotions, its tolerance. I have a rather explosive personality and i have found it best just to stay away from people with childish mentalities who are in a fight for digital validation of their pathetic lives. With that, i bid you all farewell, and leave with a thank you to all of those who were true spporters.

Good riddance. This forum is better off without you and your childish antics. You said you didn't want donations yet you posted your wallet address. And now you abandon the thread and delete your first post...that emotional rant of a post that had no format and looked completely unprofessional. All the people you had no patience with and have "pathetic lives" as you put it, have been justified in their criticism of you by your actions. And to top it off it looks like you are just a scammer/beggar. Fitting.

One my favorite movie quotes may be appropriate for this dying thread:

"At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul." - Billy Madison
Keyser Soze

Activity: 470
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:54:55 AM

Well this thread sure did change quick.
solex
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1002

100 satoshis -> ISO code

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:21:28 AM

Was a great thread until someone threw the toys out of the pram.

skivrmt

Activity: 994
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 01:28:44 AM

jaequery is most likely a "donation" scammer.
And she asks for donations to an address controlled by Terrahasher:
https://i.imgur.com/gbTCgWe.jpg

Also, Terrahasher:
- claims to be calm, but gets pissed as soon as he's busted
- claims to own 80k+ bitcoins and has a donation address in signature Grin
- claims he's never been scammed, and still posts interesting screenshot with lots of useful data (could it be on purpose ?  Roll Eyes)
- claims he has been in bitcoin world for 5 years and still thinks people actually type in each character of their bitcoin addresses when asking for donations (and thus can make typos...)

Kudos to shawshankinmate37927 for busting this guy.
100% scammer in my book.

I'm not sure.  You bring up some excellent points.  But I honestly don't think its a scam.  He said he doesn't need donations and even admitted his attorney is taking anything up front.  I think this actually happened. 

Best thing to do is wait a couple of weeks and see if this gets a case number. 
jballs

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 04:01:54 AM

jaequery is most likely a "donation" scammer.
And she asks for donations to an address controlled by Terrahasher:
https://i.imgur.com/gbTCgWe.jpg

Also, Terrahasher:
- claims to be calm, but gets pissed as soon as he's busted
- claims to own 80k+ bitcoins and has a donation address in signature Grin
- claims he's never been scammed, and still posts interesting screenshot with lots of useful data (could it be on purpose ?  Roll Eyes)
- claims he has been in bitcoin world for 5 years and still thinks people actually type in each character of their bitcoin addresses when asking for donations (and thus can make typos...)

Kudos to shawshankinmate37927 for busting this guy.
100% scammer in my book.

I'm not sure.  You bring up some excellent points.  But I honestly don't think its a scam.  He said he doesn't need donations and even admitted his attorney is taking anything up front.  I think this actually happened. 

Best thing to do is wait a couple of weeks and see if this gets a case number. 

Well that is proof positive he is lying. Attorneys pressing a case pro bono for a guy claims he is worth 80 mil?

No such attorneys on the planet but it was a good story I guess.

Not sure what the angle is, don't really care. Maybe just delusional pathological. 

H A R A                [  WHITEPAPER   │   LITEPAPER  ]                H A R A  
Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
TWITTER     GITHUB          REDDIT     FACEBOOK     BITCOINTALKLINKEDIN
coiner92

Activity: 22

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:01:19 AM

Looks like lots of people are mad. I don't like to be made mad.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 02:54:39 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 03:05:49 PM by Rassah

UPDATE

Hello all, and thank you for your support again, for personal reasons ( a very high intolerance to children who think that they have the world all figure out and can never be wrong as demonstrated here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=406850.0 ) I have decided to leave Bitcointalk.org and stick to a forum that i use that is not so over run with trolls, and morons.

I would not have even suspected anything if you had not posted a link to that thread. So... thanks?

Regarding the case itself, if it happens, I suspect it will end up with Guy claiming to be screwed by PayPal V.S. PayPal claiming it was following government rules and regulations.  In a government court, I suspect the court will side with the one following government rules and regulations. This is why I'm an AnCap; companies can ask government to pass whatever regulations they want, and then claim they were just following the laws when they were doing rather unethical things (oil and chemical companies are experts at this)
gortonc

Activity: 35

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:09:29 PM

Well that is proof positive he is lying. Attorneys pressing a case pro bono for a guy claims he is worth 80 mil?

No such attorneys on the planet but it was a good story I guess.

Not sure what the angle is, don't really care. Maybe just delusional pathological. 

It may well be a scam, but if I read correctly he had his attorney on retainer. That simply means it is not costing him any more out of pocket. Kind of like a company having an attorney on staff. 

While it may be a scam, I suspect (and hope) that we are seeing yet another example of imperfect humanity--off to a good start but prone to stick our foot in our mouths. (Done it myself more than once.  Embarrassed )
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

dafar consulting

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:24:56 PM

Is this OP?

http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2014/01/10/ebay-merchant-sue-paypal-anti-bitcoin-policies/

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
skivrmt

Activity: 994
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:29:41 PM

Well they quoted him so it's definitely OP!  But it still doesn't make it legit until we see a case number or docket number.
Dafar
Legendary

Activity: 1330

dafar consulting

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:35:01 PM

Well they quoted him so it's definitely OP!  But it still doesn't make it legit until we see a case number or docket number.

Lol at articles getting so desperate they will take news right out of forums... even if it's not confirmed

███████████
███████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████░████░░███████████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░░██████████████
██████████████░░█░░█░█░░█░███████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████
██████████
|
|
|
BadPenny

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:04:28 PM

Lol at articles getting so desperate they will take news right out of forums... even if it's not confirmed

It's fucking sad...and increasingly the case with all journalism in general, particularly in the USA.

Anyone can write some racist/sexist/intolerant bullshit on an Applebee's receipt and post it on reddit.
Next thing you know, Good Morning America presents it as fact without, you know, knowing all of the fucking facts.

I owe my soul to the company store.
MaZo360

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 09:54:49 PM

Pwned?

Roll Eyes
Kungfucheez

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:04:06 PM

It's fucking sad...and increasingly the case with all journalism in general, particularly in the USA.

Anyone can write some racist/sexist/intolerant bullshit on an Applebee's receipt and post it on reddit.
Next thing you know, Good Morning America presents it as fact without, you know, knowing all of the fucking facts.

Thanks for generalizing my whole country. No one I know takes the news seriously when they spout dumb shit like that. It's called having your own opinion
st4nl3y
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 10:10:21 PM

I like the video lol
phirex

Activity: 27

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 10:32:37 PM

Did you hear that Kim Jong Un fed his uncle to 120 starving dogs ??
Rumor started from a satirical tweet on Weibo..
The Observer

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:52:29 AM

Ok, so i am new here and have been out of the bitcoin loop for quite a while now. But has the definition of scam changed in the past year when it comes to the bitcoin community? Last i thought, in order to be a scam, someone either had to have taken, or is trying to take something from someone without paying for it or in essence was stealing. It took me a while to read through all the posts in this thread, but CLEARLY the OP never asked for a penny from anyone, and as i read it only provided a donation address after a few people asked for it, and for that matter not a single penny was donated to that address as i can see unless i am looking it up wrong.

Also, after looking at the thread that finally pushed the OP over the edge, I hate to say it, but i would have been pretty pissed too, after about an hour of searching i could not find a single reference or post or even the slightest remnant of anything on reddit at all about the blog entry he was quoting or for that matter a single trace of any of what the troll was implying to be even remotely true.

I am no computer wiz, and defiantly not the most techie of people, but even i have the brains that if i wanted to seem cool bad enough i could post something on a blog, copy and paste someones address into it, then change the date and time that it displays when it was published then start to troll about it. I back date articles all the time on my blog that i didnt get around to publishing on the day the story was news, that way the date displayed and the date i am talking about in my articles match.

It may be just my opinion, but i am still entitled to one. I think a few of you went a little to far and jumped to conclusions a little to early, and worse chased off someone who seemed to contribute a lot of good information to this forum. It took me less than 2 minutes to find this thread with him helping dozens of people keep from getting scammed. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=399608.0

Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:01:54 AM
Last edit: January 11, 2014, 02:14:18 AM by Kouye

and as i read it only provided a donation address after a few people asked for it, and for that matter not a single penny was donated to that address as i can see unless i am looking it up wrong.
Yeah, that was a fail. Thankfully.
The goal was just to get a few donations, from the start.
And as much as I hope to be proved wrong, there will be no such trial as described in OP.

http://uppix.com/f-hasher52d0a8c00015180e.png
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1rvnrz/can_bitcoin_save_my_familys_christmas/

Awww, deleted?  Roll Eyes

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
The Observer

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:20:30 AM

Awww, deleted?  Roll Eyes

Sorry i'm new to this, what was deleted? Are you talking about the post on reddit? i think it got removed for begging after reading through the comments. Which makes it seem even more fishey that someone is able to publish an article claiming to be the original.
Kouye

Activity: 336

Cuddling, censored, unicorn-shaped troll.

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 02:23:56 AM

Sorry i'm new to this, what was deleted? Are you talking about the post on reddit? i think it got removed for begging after reading through the comments. Which makes it seem even more fishey that someone is able to publish an article claiming to be the original.
Your BTC, your choices. G'luck.

[OVER] RIDDLES 2nd edition --- this was claimed. Look out for 3rd edition!
I won't ever ask for a loan nor offer any escrow service. If I do, please consider my account as hacked.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: