Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:18:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Two interesting emails I received today...  (Read 16377 times)
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:05:34 PM

So, let's just pretend that insisting on Pattaya as a conference location isn't really suspicious.

What about this article claiming that you were involved in mortgage fraud in Illinois?
http://mortgagefraudblog.com/perp-walk/item/10674-illinois_foreclosure_rescue_company_fined_and_shut_down

Nah, that can't possibly have happened. There are laws against morgage fraud after all.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:05:54 PM

The point is that Bruce isn't advocating having sex with a 13 year old. He's complaining about the hypocrisy of age of consent laws in the US, which is a position many of us will actually agree with.

Bruce was raging against the fact that having sex with someone under the age of consent in his country is illegal.

No he wasn't. He was speaking to the hypocrisy of drawing an artificial line in the sand between having sex with someone who is 17 years 11 months and 29 days old, versus that same person the following morning.

I can understand that you may find the difference between the two subtle, but if you were to make that argument in court you'd get lashed pretty quickly by any judge worth his or her salt.

While the judge is fucking his children and his maid and jacking off under the table with a wet sock.

Another problem solved in my life: Wet the sock!

It was really a Penis Pump, but I called it a wet sock. Penis Pump works just as well. At least, according to one judge caught doing this.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
BillX

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:07:10 PM

This is sickening me.  I am issuing a challenge to non-trolls in this forum to step up and put some support behind Bruce.  He's not perfect, but he's our de facto spokesperson, and having his name dragged through the mud makes us all look bad.  For the sake of Bitcoins, stand behind Bruce Wagner.

Bruce hasn't done anything wrong.  He's not a scammer, a rapist, a pedophile, or any of that stuff people are accusing him of.  He's doing his best for the community and we should be thanking him.

Yes, you're right and I agree. We should all be thankful that we are getting scammed by a pedophile rapist.
bitstarter

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

BitcoinStarter.com Support Account

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 08:08:47 PM

This is sickening me.  I am issuing a challenge to non-trolls in this forum to step up and put some support behind Bruce.  He's not perfect, but he's our de facto spokesperson, and having his name dragged through the mud makes us all look bad.  For the sake of Bitcoins, stand behind Bruce Wagner.

Bruce hasn't done anything wrong.  He's not a scammer, a rapist, a pedophile, or any of that stuff people are accusing him of.  He's doing his best for the community and we should be thanking him.

+1  the people who have forum handles here and are associated with the something aweful forum need to come out here and say they are - so we can separate the trolls from real members - what do you say about that? if we find more then half come from that stupid forum then Bruce is being attacked falsely...I suspect this.

Bitcoin Crowd Funding! Bitcoinstarter.com
DrYe5

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:10:44 PM

So, let's just pretend that insisting on Pattaya as a conference location isn't really suspicious.

What about this article claiming that you were involved in mortgage fraud in Illinois?
http://mortgagefraudblog.com/perp-walk/item/10674-illinois_foreclosure_rescue_company_fined_and_shut_down

This is bullshit. It's nothing but a common first and last name.

I suppose you'll have me believe that our Bruce is also a puzzle king.
BlockHash

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:12:05 PM
Last edit: August 30, 2011, 08:31:21 PM by BlockHash

This is sickening me.  I am issuing a challenge to non-trolls in this forum to step up and put some support behind Bruce.  He's not perfect, but he's our de facto spokesperson, and having his name dragged through the mud makes us all look bad.  For the sake of Bitcoins, stand behind Bruce Wagner.

Bruce hasn't done anything wrong.  He's not a scammer, a rapist, a pedophile, or any of that stuff people are accusing him of.  He's doing his best for the community and we should be thanking him.

+1  the people who have forum handles here and are associated with the something aweful forum need to come out here and say they are - so we can separate the trolls from real members - what do you say about that? if we find more then half come from that stupid forum then Bruce is being attacked falsely...I suspect this.

I would agree with you on this, but I think the newest information about the mortgage fraud really turns things in the other direction.

It's seems like it's the same guy.
FAtlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 08:13:17 PM

+1  the people who have forum handles here and are associated with the something aweful forum need to come out here and say they are - so we can separate the trolls from real members - what do you say about that? if we find more then half come from that stupid forum then Bruce is being attacked falsely...I suspect this.

I'm from somethingisawful.com.  Can you really claim a false attack when we're just pointing out stuff that's really easy to find on the internet?  I used to defend Bruce.  Sure, I didn't agree with his views on bitcoins, but I thought he was a lovable dupe following his dream.  

It's hard to hold that opinion when you find information that he was involved in a mortgage scam stealing money from people, though:

Please explain to me how it's a 'false attack' when the article is from 2007 and none of us knew he existed back then.
DrYe5

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:14:46 PM

It's the same guy.

No, it's not.
FAtlas

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 08:14:55 PM

Also, this article from 2006 is clearly about him and has him living in the Illinois area, matching up with the article.
http://therealbrucewagner.blogspot.com/
Longmarch

Activity: 131

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:16:18 PM

WTF???

This is the first I've heard of all this (been focusing on nonBitcoin things lately) but I can tell you this

Sexcrime mudslinging is always suspicious.

Once you point the pedo/rapist/pervert stick at someone, the accusation never goes away.  It's become the go to tactic for character assassination.  See: DSK, Assange, Weiner, http://www.avoiceformen.com/tag/false-accusations/

"Oh, but this is different.  We're talking about pedophilia here."  

The only difference is the potency of the accusation.  It's still just more Sexcrime FUD.  I'll believe you when the trial is over.  Until then I don't even want to hear about it.

bosschair

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:17:25 PM

The name Bruce Wagner can't be uncommon.  Now you're going to tell us you've got proof that links our Bruce with this Bruce Wagner con man from Bold Funding, Inc?  Give me a break.

We should elect someone trustworthy from here to set up a legal defense fund for Bruce.  I'd donate a BTC or two, and with these trolls after him, it sounds like he might need it.
bitstarter

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 08:17:33 PM

I'm from somethingisawful.com.  Can you really claim a false attack when we're just pointing out stuff that's really easy to find on the internet?  I used to defend Bruce.  Sure, I didn't agree with his views on bitcoins, but I thought he was a lovable dupe following his dream.  

It's hard to hold that opinion when you find information that he was involved in a mortgage scam stealing money from people, though:

Please explain to me how it's a 'false attack' when the article is from 2007 and none of us knew he existed back then.

At least you are honest I'll give you that  Smiley.  I wasn't referring to the "mortgage scam" I don't have an opinion on it and wasn't my point - we've all done something wrong once in our life. I was pointing out as for as I know somethingawefull is troll board that mobilizes to bring down people either  right or wrong ... in this case most likely wrong - is this correct to assume this? I see no good of a board like that compared to this where there is actually intelligent talking going on ( minus the scams) . I mean correct me if I'm wrong in my thinking?  Also, you have full right to be member of that board I just wish people were more honest like yourself!

ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:18:00 PM

i would have to say i am slightly relived that he is not a pedophile. However I don't think we really ever needed a "spokesmen".

I also think all the shit people are giving him is uncalled for. Although i didn't see as much as you would think, but i still don't particularly care for it.

greyhawk

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:18:07 PM

And the same writing style. And the use of a Bred mail adress, you know, like in Bruce + Ed's former show BRED tv, or like in his diverse former forums handles.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3413928&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=457#post395014987
BlockHash

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:21:48 PM

Well, it certainly looks like it. Same e-mail addresses, same partner, same writing style.
greyhawk

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:24:07 PM

Confirmation that Bruce Wagner is former Chicago Ill resident:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=407612&p=5491226#post5491226
FAtlas

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 08:24:17 PM

At least you are honest I'll give you that  Smiley.  I wasn't referring to the "mortgage scam" I don't have an opinion on it and wasn't my point - we've all done something wrong once in our life. I was pointing out as for as I know somethingawefull is troll board that mobilizes to bring down people either  right or wrong ... in this case most likely wrong - is this correct to assume this? I see no good of a board like that compared to this where there is actually intelligent talking going on ( minus the scams) . I mean correct me if I'm wrong in my thinking?  Also, you have full right to be member of that board I just wish people were more honest like yourself!

No, we're not a troll board.  We do like to laugh at people acting stupid, and we like to point out really horrible shit about people that others are missing, but 'mobilizing' is considered forum invasion and against the rules.  If you think there's no intelligent conversation on SA then you're deluding yourself.  We do tend to dogpile obvious BS, though.

I love bitcoins as a study of money since I'm an Economics/Accounting major which is why I've followed it this closely.  This Bruce stuff is just the newest in a long string of hilarious and completely obvious shit to come out of the project.
bitstarter

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 08:31:04 PM

No, we're not a troll board.  We do like to laugh at people acting stupid, and we like to point out really horrible shit about people that others are missing, but 'mobilizing' is considered forum invasion and against the rules.  If you think there's no intelligent conversation on SA then you're deluding yourself.  We do tend to dogpile obvious BS, though.

I love bitcoins as a study of money since I'm an Economics/Accounting major which is why I've followed it this closely.  This Bruce stuff is just the newest in a long string of hilarious and completely obvious shit to come out of the project.

You have to admit where does the line stop with "bs" and the truth -  as you say and what kind of credibility can a forum like that have when you start blasting someone with really bad accusations with basically no evidence or the person can't even defend themselves? And your ok with associating with people who do this and do this on another forum around a great technology as bitcoin?  and who does this for fun?

If "mobilizing" is against the rules if I were to ask let me see a raise of hands how many people on this thread are from SA I bet a good portion would be from there  and this isn't "breaking the rules"?

I don't know about the rest of you but there is no creditably from ANYONE from SA  member and who is also a member of this forum to go around accusing others for the "fun of it". Just my humble opinion.

edit: crediability when it comes to accusations I'm sure they are good with technology etc., etc.,  Smiley

FAtlas

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 08:34:26 PM

You have to admit where does the line stop with "bs" and the truth -  as you say and what kind of credibility can a forum like that have when you start blasting someone with really bad accusations with basically no evidence or the person can't even defend themselves? And your ok with associating with people who do this and do this on another forum around a great technology as bitcoin?  and who does this for fun?

If "mobilizing" is against the rules if I were to ask let me see a raise of hands how many people on this thread are from SA I bet a good portion would be from there  and this isn't "breaking the rules"?

I don't know about the rest of you but there is no creditably from ANYONE from SA  member and who is also a member of this forum to go around accusing others for the "fun of it". Just my humble opinion.

Are you suggesting that we're going back in time and creating articles 5 years ago to discredit someone?  Whether or not any one of us is trustworthy is kind of besides the point.  The information is available for anyone willing to look for it.

Also, Bruce has an account here and is CEO of a worldwide television network.  That's pretty much the definition of 'public figure' and he has multiple avenues to defend himself.
DrYe5

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 08:35:49 PM

Also, this article from 2006 is clearly about him and has him living in the Illinois area, matching up with the article.
http://therealbrucewagner.blogspot.com/

Seems to be mostly from a myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/74061174

It's also anonymous.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: