Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:04:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EUROPEAN BITCOIN CONFERENCE 2011, PRAGUE NOV 25-27  (Read 94447 times)
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2011, 08:13:42 AM

I just bought this account from someone on ebay.
Huh

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mizerydearia

Activity: 574
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 05, 2011, 08:35:25 AM

I just bought this account from someone on ebay.
Huh

Sarcasm to cover for my mistake regarding the two Vladimir Marchenkos.
worldly (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 08:38:50 AM

Update:

Confirmed Speaker:
Stefan Thomas

We are putting together the program now, its looking strong.

European Bitcoin Conference Prague 2011
Forp

Activity: 195

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 09:40:10 AM

I am not completely aware of the process / workflow you are using for this. and how suggestions get selected . From my personal point of view I would be ready to offer some topics myself.

Bitcoin - How I understand it: My high-level conceptual understanding of the Bitcoin mechanism after having read and documented the entire reference client code for myself. 45 minutes, tutorial style.

An Analysis of Bitcoin Anonymity: To which degree is Bitcoin really anonymous? How do Bitcoin usage patterns affect anonymity? What can be done to improve Bitcoin anonymity? How can Bitcoin payment flows can be traced? 30 minutes, talk, describes work-in-progress (and will contain first results when applying our analysis algorithm to the current block chain).

Improving Bitcoin Wallet Security: How can we split the authorization phase in the Bitcoin mechanisms to two machines in such a manner that compromising ONE machine does not result in money being stolen? Which crypto possibilities are there? Which solution are we in the process of implementing? 30 minutes, talk, describes work-in-progress (currently at the stage of starting to work on the selected embedded hardware)

Bitcoin Todo List: Critical remarks on the state of development in Bitcoin. What must be done (and at which level or priority) if Bitcoin shall become a success any time soon. 20 - 30 minutes, could be part of a brainstorming session or panel discussion.

I am not sure what fits the conference mode best and how things get organized there - as I am more used to the traditional ol' style of "over"organized conferences with submission deadlines and schedules and stuff. Just post what suits you best.

To give you an idea on myself: I have been regularly lecturing in class and giving industry talks for the last twenty years or so. Currently I am hacking on a forked version of the reference client to which I added some 1.000 lines of code and I am supervising two students working on Bitcoin related topics.

I am dependent on the precise schedule of the program, because I have to match some time & travelling constraints. "Just come and see" will not work for myself (besides being detrimental to the possibility of preparing something).

I can provide more details on my suggestions above.

worldly (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 09:56:21 AM

I am not completely aware of the process / workflow you are using for this. and how suggestions get selected . From my personal point of view I would be ready to offer some topics myself.

Bitcoin - How I understand it: My high-level conceptual understanding of the Bitcoin mechanism after having read and documented the entire reference client code for myself. 45 minutes, tutorial style.

An Analysis of Bitcoin Anonymity: To which degree is Bitcoin really anonymous? How do Bitcoin usage patterns affect anonymity? What can be done to improve Bitcoin anonymity? How can Bitcoin payment flows can be traced? 30 minutes, talk, describes work-in-progress (and will contain first results when applying our analysis algorithm to the current block chain).

Improving Bitcoin Wallet Security: How can we split the authorization phase in the Bitcoin mechanisms to two machines in such a manner that compromising ONE machine does not result in money being stolen? Which crypto possibilities are there? Which solution are we in the process of implementing? 30 minutes, talk, describes work-in-progress (currently at the stage of starting to work on the selected embedded hardware)

Bitcoin Todo List: Critical remarks on the state of development in Bitcoin. What must be done (and at which level or priority) if Bitcoin shall become a success any time soon. 20 - 30 minutes, could be part of a brainstorming session or panel discussion.

I am not sure what fits the conference mode best and how things get organized there - as I am more used to the traditional ol' style of "over"organized conferences with submission deadlines and schedules and stuff. Just post what suits you best.

To give you an idea on myself: I have been regularly lecturing in class and giving industry talks for the last twenty years or so. Currently I am hacking on a forked version of the reference client to which I added some 1.000 lines of code and I am supervising two students working on Bitcoin related topics.

I am dependent on the precise schedule of the program, because I have to match some time & travelling constraints. "Just come and see" will not work for myself (besides being detrimental to the possibility of preparing something).

I can provide more details on my suggestions above.

Hi Forp,

Slots for speakers is nearly full, please send us an email to conference@bitgroups.org.

There won't be a 'just come and see' program, it's just taking a bit of time to put all the pieces together.  It should be ready tomorrow at the latest.

Forp

Activity: 195

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 12:48:57 PM

Hi Forp,

Slots for speakers is nearly full, please send us an email to conference@bitgroups.org.

There won't be a 'just come and see' program, it's just taking a bit of time to put all the pieces together.  It should be ready tomorrow at the latest.

You got email.  Smiley

Where could that information have been obtained earlier ?  Huh  Embarrassed Embarrassed

I would have been in touch earlier if I had had a chance to know more details about this organizational process in advance. Moreover, there would have been more contributions and more participants. Sad that this chance now remains unused. Maybe we should discuss how in the next event an approach can be used which is also adapted to the boundary conditions under which academic and research people have to function.  Roll Eyes
worldly (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 01:26:04 PM
Last edit: October 06, 2011, 03:06:08 PM by worldly

Hi Forp,

There won't be a 'just come and see' program, it's just taking a bit of time to put all the pieces together.  It should be ready tomorrow at the latest.

You got email.  Smiley

Where could that information have been obtained earlier ?  Huh  Embarrassed Embarrassed

I would have been in touch earlier if I had had a chance to know more details about this organizational process in advance. Moreover, there would have been more contributions and more participants. Sad that this chance now remains unused. Maybe we should discuss how in the next event an approach can be used which is also adapted to the boundary conditions under which academic and research people have to function.  Roll Eyes

We received your mail and had you down for a potential speaker already.  
Just getting together the official program for your Institution.  
This thread has all the information in it and is the main place for communication.

It will be a great conference and Im looking forward to meeting you there, will be replying with more info.

mizerydearia

View Profile
October 06, 2011, 05:16:03 PM

Come discuss in Freenode #bitcoin-prague
worldly (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2011, 06:13:54 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2011, 05:10:23 AM by worldly

Come discuss in Freenode #bitcoin-prague

Ill be hanging out here if anyone would like to discuss ideas.

We have a confirmed venue, Blue Hall ECM centre.  Preliminary conference program coming out tomorrow.

worldly (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2011, 08:00:11 AM

http://conference.bitgroups.org/officialprogram.pdf

We have got the preliminary program finished, now we are just waiting on the details of speakers and their talk durations before we lock in the Saturday schedule. Plus we have more speakers to add.

We are still open to suggestions on ideas to enrich the conference so dont hold back.

Time to get to the site and register, we are recommending a hotel near the conference centre that is around 60€ a night so hold off your accommodation bookings until we get details on how to book.

mizerydearia

View Profile
October 08, 2011, 08:12:57 AM

slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2011, 09:50:06 AM

I'm really looking for paying beer in bitcoins! Good job :-)

worldly (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2011, 04:26:47 PM

Confirmed Speaker: David Birch
http://digitaldebateblogs.typepad.com/digital_money/

Looking forward to this one.

worldly (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2011, 09:05:19 AM

Thanks to radiobitcoin.pl/radio-bitcoin for sponsoring the European Bitcoin Conference, Prague 2011
They will be broadcasting from the event in German, Polish and English.

joepie91

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2011, 10:26:12 AM

I don't have the money for a train ticket or anything along those lines, so I was wondering if there was anyone from the Netherlands I could get a ride from...? A ticket for the conference itself has already been arranged.

I have no issue with doing something along the lines of web development and such in return (within reason) Smiley

Like my post(s)? 12TSXLa5Tu6ag4PNYCwKKSiZsaSCpAjzpu Smiley
Quote from: hawks5999
I just can't wait for fall/winter. My furnace never generated money for me before. I'll keep mining until my furnace is more profitable.
worldly (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2011, 03:33:16 PM

I don't have the money for a train ticket or anything along those lines, so I was wondering if there was anyone from the Netherlands I could get a ride from...? A ticket for the conference itself has already been arranged.

I have no issue with doing something along the lines of web development and such in return (within reason) Smiley

We might be able to use some web development, let us know if you find a ride.

worldly (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 08:56:10 AM

UPDATE:

Confirmed speaker at the European Bitcoin Conference

Economist Detlev Schlichter from http://papermoneycollapse.com/

Detlev S. Schlichter is an author and Austrian School Economist. His first book Paper Money Collapse – The Folly of Elastic Money and the Coming Monetary Breakdown was published by John Wiley & Sons in September 2011. Mr. Schlichter has appeared as a commentator on television and radio (Sky News, Reuters TV) and his editorials have been published by The Wall Street Journal, TheStreet.com and mises.org. He is a senior fellow at the Cobden Centre, London, a free-market think tank devoted to issues of money and banking. Mr. Schlichter had a 19-year career as an investment manager in international financial markets.

BitcoinBug

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 09:27:28 AM

Fantastic speakers! Looking forward to this.
Thanks for your hard work!
evoorhees
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1021

Democracy is the original 51% attack

View Profile
October 18, 2011, 02:30:15 PM

UPDATE:

Detlev S. Schlichter is an author and Austrian School Economist. His first book Paper Money Collapse – The Folly of Elastic Money and the Coming Monetary Breakdown was published by John Wiley & Sons in September 2011. Mr. Schlichter has appeared as a commentator on television and radio (Sky News, Reuters TV) and his editorials have been published by The Wall Street Journal, TheStreet.com and mises.org. He is a senior fellow at the Cobden Centre, London, a free-market think tank devoted to issues of money and banking. Mr. Schlichter had a 19-year career as an investment manager in international financial markets.

Awesome!!
worldly (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2011, 09:42:53 PM

Fantastic speakers! Looking forward to this.
Thanks for your hard work!

no worries, should be a nice event.

UPDATE:

Awesome!!

we think so too, its quite a lineup now.

If anyone has any input on sunday activities we are open to ideas.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: