Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 10:05:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EUROPEAN BITCOIN CONFERENCE 2011, PRAGUE NOV 25-27  (Read 94447 times)
worldly (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 11:13:46 AM

http://conference.bitgroups.org/images/oziodownload/bitcoin_conference_registration_form_panorama_hotel_prague.pdf

download this form and send it in.

European Bitcoin Conference Prague 2011

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
matsh

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 11:19:06 AM

Sure, but what is the rebate code? You ask people at the bottom of the main page to contact you for such a code.

Quote:

Accommodations
We can provide accommodations at the Panorama Hotel (walking distance from the conference hall) with a price of 54 eur + 10% VAT/night/person.
Please contact us to secure  a discount.

Mats
worldly (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 11:22:18 AM

Hi Mats,

Where is this quote from?

The price is included in the form.

matsh

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 11:42:15 AM

Hi Mats,

The quote is at the very end of your own home page:

http://conference.bitgroups.org
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 11:48:32 AM

Even part-time revolutionists can find a home in the Bitcoin world Wink

lol. this goes onto my list of favorite bitcoin quotes.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 31, 2011, 11:52:59 AM

Some fun facts for those that may not yet know:

Vili Lehdonvirta advocates regulation: "A New Frontier in Digital Content Policy: Case Studies in the Regulation of Virtual Goods and Artificial Scarcity"  http://www.hiit.fi/~vlehdonv/documents/Lehdonvirta-2010-virtual-goods-regulation.pdf

"We are working with the government to make sure indeed the long arm of the government can reach Bitcoin"
Jeff Garzik, Bitcoin Developer  http://rulingclass.wordpress.com/2011/06/09/bitcoin-and-agorism/

Donald Norman, the co-founder of Bitcoin Consultancy,  advocates for Bitcoin's regulation, according to CNBC. "Norman is pushing to bring Bitcoin away from its roots and closer to a traditional currency — he is reaching out to regulators, looking to get legislation to oversee the system," says CNBC.  http://www.economicpolicyjournal.com/2011/06/this-is-what-will-really-crash-bitcoin.html?spref=tw

"In the UK, supporters of Bitcoin made an urgent appeal to the Financial Services Authority to regulate the largest London-based exchange, so as to reassure people that using Bitcoin is safe. "Unregulated businesses don't usual cry out for regulation," said Donald Norman, co-founder of the exchange Britcoin. "But because we are unusual, and because we are dealing with people's money, and because of all the scary stories around Bitcoin, we would like nothing more than to have a government authority looking into our accounts – especially now."  http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/hack-attack-pushes-bitcoin-to-the-brink-2300384.html

Amir goes for bitcoin regulation (on national radio program):  http://www.katherinealbrecht.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3768:sat-june-25-2011&catid=20:show-archives&Itemid=44

They're trying to make their exchange (intersango, formerly britcoin) function in the future. Something mtgox is also trying, but without much success (see french central bank and court-case). For the bitcoinconsultancy crowd, in my mind, it's about securing the working of exchange of BTC to FIAT. It's not about changing the inner workings of bitcoin itself. I doubt they'd attempt to do that.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
worldly (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 12:52:11 PM

Hi Mats,

The quote is at the very end of your own home page:

http://conference.bitgroups.org

Cheesrs Mats, will fix that up.

matonis

Activity: 303
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 31, 2011, 08:39:12 PM

They're trying to make their exchange (intersango, formerly britcoin) function in the future. Something mtgox is also trying, but without much success (see french central bank and court-case). For the bitcoinconsultancy crowd, in my mind, it's about securing the working of exchange of BTC to FIAT. It's not about changing the inner workings of bitcoin itself. I doubt they'd attempt to do that.

Securing the workings of an exchange is a jurisdictional issue, with regulations as varied as the number of countries. Choosing to domicile an exchange in the US or UK is of course a conscious decision but it undoubtedly has ramifications for the majority of traders that will choose another jurisdiction for their exchange business. This is evidenced by the lack of support for US-based exchanges. It will become even more apparent for transactions and transfers in excess of 500 USD or 500 EUR. I believe that the win for bitcoin exchanges will come from selecting jurisdictions (or legal arrangements) that are more forward looking in their approach to bitcoin rather than attempting to "beg" or "work" for regulatory recognition as a currency. More latitude will be afforded to bitcoin as a non-currency.

Founding Director, Bitcoin Foundation
I also cover the bitcoin economy for Forbes, American Banker, PaymentsSource, and CoinDesk.
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2011, 11:44:56 PM

Do anybody plan to sell Casascius coins on conference? It would be nice to buy few of them without paying overseas post...

BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 02, 2011, 01:00:52 AM

Do anybody plan to sell Casascius coins on conference? It would be nice to buy few of them without paying overseas post...

Slush I can bring you a few.  how many do you want?

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
barrymac

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 02, 2011, 02:15:57 PM

Invite Bill Still the monetary reformist! I'm sure he would be very interested in this debt free money system
worldly (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2011, 10:45:23 AM

The program is just about full with another confirmed speaker:

Simon Dixon of http://banktothefuture.com/

Will update the subject of his talk soon.

btc-e.com
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2011, 02:21:23 PM

Nice!

Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com

BTC-E.com // Биpжa пo aвтoмaтичecкoй тopгoвлe Bitcoin \ Litecoin \ Namecoin \ Novacoin <-> Exchange btc-e.com
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 12:07:01 PM

I would love to invite the CIA or FBI to debate bitcoin!
Don't worry, they will be there even without invitation.
Gabi
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1008

If you want to walk on water, get out of the boat

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 01:08:44 PM

Protip: Europe is not america.  Roll Eyes Your fbi and cia are powerless her  Cheesy Sure they can start insulting us bitcoin users but that's all   Cheesy

worldly (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2011, 01:57:23 PM

CIA, FBI, Taliban and wikileaks will be there.

Wikileaks are the only ones that have announced their intention though.
Julian Assange may be doing a pre recorded talk and they have offered their spokesperson also.

becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 02:13:15 PM

Bring as much as you can!
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2011, 02:46:06 PM

I would love to invite the CIA or FBI to debate bitcoin!
The CIA don't come to Bitcoin conferences, they just invite the Bitcoin lead developer to talk.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 04:34:59 PM

+1
I'd be willing to buy a few as well!

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
November 06, 2011, 05:16:34 PM

+1
I'd be willing to buy a few as well!

the casascius guy agreed to sell me a bunch of cheap coins if I buy in bulk. if you all message me, then we can maybe do something like we all pool our monies and everybody gets a share of X coins to do whatever they want with (resell them at the conference for profit .etc).

If there's sufficient interest then I'll make a new thread and get the casascius guy to post. Then we'll have the coins shipped directly to the conference venue.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: