Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:11:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: EUROPEAN BITCOIN CONFERENCE 2011, PRAGUE NOV 25-27  (Read 94447 times)
worldly (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 03:17:53 AM

Is there any press there, besides Max and Stacy?

BitTalk.TV would have streamed it live unfortunately there are no 'press passes' and I think that's probably what's keeping any serious media out.

There was press, spiegel.de was one that stands out but Its been a very busy few days and I can't recall the other names right now. Press passes were available definitely, sorry we didn't get the message out to everyone.

Usually a press pass means that the press are allowed in without needing to pay an admission fee (since they are not there for the purpose of enjoying the show, but just helping the presenters to spread the word). If I am wrong in my definition then I'll be happy to clarify.

There may be press passes, but press needs to pay to get in, and that may be what is keeping many serious media out.

I hope somebody is going to stream it though-- this lackluster history of bitcoin conventions we have going on in our community isn't help us much.

No dude, we are not slandering our name and we are not commenting on the conference itself; rather we are reacting to previous comments, including Mitchell Bourne's, since he decided to retaliate by slandering us, and we will not stop, we will not be censored or shouted down. We will take this to the financial press if need be.   Count on us, dude.   And we dont need the approval of the trolls on this forum or the forum admin, and frankly  we dont need your business dollars either.  This forum isnt really about business anyway, its about arguments, and we will win this argument.  Grin

www.fnib.co

If you must argue here feel free to provide details.

Don't even bother with him. His post is off-topic and it will be removed. He'll also be banned if he keeps posting off-topic. As for his arguments about 'never giving up', frankly he's already lost and he's going to have his ass handed to him in front of 30,000 viewers on bittalk.tv come this Christmas during our Christmas Special. People need to learn that when you mess with the bulls, you get the herpes.

Press passes were available for free,your definition is correct.
We had a guy coming for free that was offering professional streaming however he pulled out and we just had so many things to do, we didn't have the resources. Would have taken you up on the offer in a heartbeat.

We did focus on content and we have so much of it we will be releasing it every day for the next month. Unfortunately I didn't get to talk properly with many people or even take in the talks as there was just so much to do, tomorrow i look forward to chatting with people at lunch and the hackerspace as my official duties are pretty much over.

I'll be heading back home to Romania Monday and start on some production Tuesday so we can share with everyone what just happened.

I'll at least get some photos up tomorrow, there were a lot of cameras so others should too.

European Bitcoin Conference Prague 2011

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 03:19:26 AM

BitTalk.TV would have streamed it live unfortunately there are no 'press passes' and I think that's probably what's keeping any serious media out.

There was press, spiegel.de was one that stands out but Its been a very busy few days and I can't recall the other names right now. Press passes were available definitely, sorry we didn't get the message out to everyone.

Usually a press pass means that the press are allowed in without needing to pay an admission fee (since they are not there for the purpose of enjoying the show, but just helping the presenters to spread the word). If I am wrong in my definition then I'll be happy to clarify.

There may be press passes, but press needs to pay to get in, and that may be what is keeping many serious media out.

I hope somebody is going to stream it though-- this lackluster history of bitcoin conventions we have going on in our community isn't help us much.

No dude, we are not slandering our name and we are not commenting on the conference itself; rather we are reacting to previous comments, including Mitchell Bourne's, since he decided to retaliate by slandering us, and we will not stop, we will not be censored or shouted down. We will take this to the financial press if need be.   Count on us, dude.   And we dont need the approval of the trolls on this forum or the forum admin, and frankly  we dont need your business dollars either.  This forum isnt really about business anyway, its about arguments, and we will win this argument.  Grin

www.fnib.co

If you must argue here feel free to provide details.

Don't even bother with him. His post is off-topic and it will be removed. He'll also be banned if he keeps posting off-topic. As for his arguments about 'never giving up', frankly he's already lost and he's going to have his ass handed to him in front of 30,000 viewers on bittalk.tv come this Christmas during our Christmas Special. People need to learn that when you mess with the bulls, you get the herpes.

Press passes were available for free,your definition is correct.
We had a guy coming for free that was offering professional streaming however he pulled out and we just had so many things to do, we didn't have the resources. Would have taken you up on the offer in a heartbeat.

We did focus on content and we have so much of it we will be releasing it every day for the next month. Unfortunately I didn't get to talk properly with many people or even take in the talks as there was just so much to do, tomorrow i look forward to chatting with people at lunch and the hackerspace as my official duties are pretty much over.

I'll be heading back home to Romania Monday and start on some production Tuesday so we can share with everyone what just happened.

I'll at least get some photos up tomorrow, there were a lot of cameras so others should too.

Looking forward to it!

genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 03:31:19 AM

Hackerspace party is sick. The hackerspace is holding a party and everyone came here. All night long Smiley
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 03:54:38 AM

Hackerspace party is sick. The hackerspace is holding a party and everyone came here. All night long Smiley

Amir goes to hacker space and we go to the strip clubs.  See, Prague has something for everyone! 

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
genjix
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1072

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 06:03:56 AM

I knew one girl in my life who was a stripper. I also knew one girl in my life who had herpes. They were one and the same.
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 08:46:25 AM
Last edit: November 27, 2011, 08:58:36 AM by molecular

There we're quite a few journalists taking photos and notes. One was recording the talks to audio but did not interview people. He looked like an old-school journalist from a newspaper to me, which was pretty interesting to think about when Rick Falkvinge talked about disruptions in "news and media" Wink.

A journalist from "Der Spiegel Online" (online-version of a major german weekly). Talked to him after at the brmlab hackerspace (nice place, thanks for cool party, brmlab people (they even had girls!)). Apparently there will be a small piece in the "Science and Technology" section of the print Edition.

The talks were recorded with one cam by Mitch and another one by me (and more). I gave Mitchell all my recordings (and will get his on request). The audio was recorded directly from the PA system, so the material should be good. Be patient, though, it's a lot of stuff and someone has to edit it.

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 08:57:00 AM

Amir goes to hacker space and we go to the strip clubs.  See, Prague has something for everyone! 

Did you take Max?

Hope you had a great time!

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 09:32:01 AM

One was recording the talks to audio but did not interview people. He looked like an old-school journalist from a newspaper to me

I was talking with this guy in the colosseum pizzeria, he's from some economic newspaper and he was interested mainly in the mining. I tried to explain him economic aspect of the mining and about auto-regulation of the network. He looked like he catched it, however i don't know what he's thinking about bitcoin overall...

(they even had girls!)).

I was surprised too. It looks like pretty smart camouflage, like Potemkin's village Wink

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 10:12:47 AM

One was recording the talks to audio but did not interview people. He looked like an old-school journalist from a newspaper to me

I was talking with this guy in the colosseum pizzeria, he's from some economic newspaper and he was interested mainly in the mining. I tried to explain him economic aspect of the mining and about auto-regulation of the network. He looked like he catched it, however i don't know what he's thinking about bitcoin overall...

Probably looking for soundbites he could use that would reinforce whatever distorted view he feels best fits his paper or readers....

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
worldly (OP)

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 10:15:20 AM

Here are a few pics i had on my camera, mainly behind the scenes stuff, dont worry im not the official photographer.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/70833481@N05/?saved=1

European Bitcoin Conference Prague 2011
BitPay Business Solutions

Activity: 742

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 10:22:38 AM

Did you take Max?

Nope, Max and Stacy just went back to the hotel.  It was good to finally meet you!

BitPay : The World Leader in Bitcoin Business Solutions

https://bitpay.com

Does your website accept bitcoins?
FreeMoney
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1014

Strength in numbers

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 10:27:28 AM

I knew one girl in my life who was a stripper. I also knew one girl in my life who had herpes. They were one and the same.

You probably know more than one girl with herpes, you just don't know which ones.

Play Bitcoin Poker at sealswithclubs.eu. We're active and open to everyone.
jim618
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1066

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2011, 02:05:26 PM

RE: press.

There was a guy from a Norwegian newspaper (a businessey journal I think he said) taking notes and photos with a nice SLR camera.

Thanks to Mitch for organising this conference - it has been excellent fun.  I especially liked the running order, with the tech presentations in the morning and it gradually getting more social/ general/ controversial as the day progressed.   I noticed that the hall had - hmm - 200 (?) in the morning but when I looked round in the evening when Max Keiser was speaking there were a *lot* more than that.

MultiBit HD   Lightweight desktop client.                    Bitcoin Solutions Ltd   Bespoke software. Consultancy.
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 02:13:51 PM

I wish I could have been there... Maybe next time though Smiley

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 09:33:59 PM

Did you take Max?

Nope, Max and Stacy just went back to the hotel.  It was good to finally meet you!

Same here, really ncie to to put faces to people Wink. I also heard you apparently _did_ have a great time, lol. Way to go.

wareen
Millionaire
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1001

Revolutionizing Brokerage of Personal Data

View Profile
November 27, 2011, 10:39:38 PM

Thank you Mitchell for organizing a great event!

I very much enjoyed the program, the great lineup and meeting all those interesting people from the Bitcoin community!

I really appreciate all the effort you put into making this conference a reality and I'm already looking forward to the next Wink

▄▄▀▀▄▄
    ▄▄▀▀▄▄██▄▄▀▀▄▄
▄▄▀▀▄▄█████▄████▄▄▀▀▄▄
█▀▀█▄█████████████
█▄▄████▀   ▀██████
███████     █▄████
█████▀█▄   ▄██████
█▄█████▌   ▐█████
█████▀█     ██████
██▄███████████████
▀▀▄▄▀▀█████▀████▀▀▄▄▀▀
    ▀▀▄▄▀▀██▀▀▄▄▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄▀▀
.PDATA..
TOKEN..
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
██
██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██   ██

██   ██
██
██
TELEGRAM     BITCOINTALK     FACEBOOK
MEDIUM    SLACK    TWITTER    YOUTUBE
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   E M A I L   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
██
██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██  ██

██  ██
██
██
amencon

Activity: 410
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 01:26:18 AM

when you mess with the bulls, you get the herpes.

I don't think they are worried.  You can't get herpes twice.

Can you??
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 01:32:24 AM

Can you??

I guess if you already have the same type of herpes, you just get a different kind instead.

cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 01:35:58 AM

Can you??

I guess if you already have the same type of herpes, you just get a different kind instead.

Ask a doctor, not trolls.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
November 28, 2011, 01:43:03 AM

Can you??

Ask a doctor, not trolls.

What about Doctor Troll?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: