Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:00:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BOUNTY PARTICIPANTS DON'T NEED TO PASS KYC  (Read 484 times)
ojosamsom

Activity: 152
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:10:16 AM

Am okay with the KYC procedure it only stops people from operating from multiple accounts

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
finaleshot2016 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 10:14:06 AM

Am okay with the KYC procedure it only stops people from operating from multiple accounts

I think it's because people are multi accounting, not a legal requirement.
That's not a problem in their project, it's a problem here in this bitcointalk and we all know that multiple accounts are not allowed.
To the project, As long as they promote the project they have no problem in multiple accounts.

As i said, this is not a problem in their project as long as the promotion is still there.

That problem is only fits here in forum, allowing multiple accounts is against the rules because you're gaining a double profit but when it comes to promotion of the project there is no problem.
cryptoman512

Activity: 78
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:16:28 AM

I don't understand why they don't use decentralized idendtity verification platform where information is safe and secured and you have control over your data. I agree to some KYC but only if the information is safe and the KYC provider complies with international standards and regulations. Especially the new GDPR.
crampus

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:16:56 AM

My opinion is that KYC pass those who invest in the project, and the bounty people should not do it.
cbIpok

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 10:25:27 AM

I dont participate in the bounty which wants me to pass KYC. I am only a bounty hunter and promote your project. So why do you need my id? i am not an investor or a customer who is interested in your project.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:32:45 AM

KYC makes ICO project is not anonymous anymore even though KYC is not so bad but people who life in the country which doesn't allowed to being cryptocurrencies investors will be so difficulted and i personally not so comfortable if there is ICO project offering airdrop program with KYC required and even they promising will pay high but i would not take a part
xandra

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:38:37 AM

This is a common issue today, bounty participants needed to pass KYC to receive the money.
WHAT IS KYC?  Huh

Know your customer (alternatively know your client or 'KYC') is the process of a business identifying and verifying the identity of its clients. The term is also used to refer to the bank and anti-money laundering regulations which governs these activities.

From the word itself, "Know your customers", contributors or investors should do that thing, not us.
We, the bounty hunters participated and having a discussion here in the forum anonymously. Some of here didn't put their personal information because it has many disadvantages sharing it online like theft of personal information, spamming, and threats.

This forum allows you to hide all your information or you can disallow it to your profile.

THE MAIN PROBLEM!

Some of the projects requires to do KYC to receive the token. So we must put our personal information there and requires to upload a valid ID or papers that your information is legit. The project needs your information to be credible of earning their token.

We are on disadvantage in this case, why?
This information we share can be use in fraud, "a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities."

Since we're just a bounty participants, this people might look us a workers only. For short, they can use our informations to their own desires.
The worst part is, it can be use or sell it to the black market for criminal activities  Got a successful ICO + selling informations of the promoters = WP
If you want to know more about selling informations in black market, Please click here: link

Calling for the attention of Project Makers
If you want to do some ICO, don't require promoters to do the KYC.
In some country, The law only stated for all the customers to put a specific informations not promoters.
Some coins are decentralized and shouldn't passed kyc to get those.
We are anonymous in this forum as well in the bounties.
Some people promote your projects for free 'cause they don't want to do the KYC.
And please state in the ANN thread or bounty thread that the distribution requires KYC  

Not all participants are on the same country. Some of them are from SEA, EU, and US etc,. There are long distances,
for example;

The project is made on US, some of the participants are from South East Asia. If they tried to sell our documents in the black market of the US. We can't have an action on that easily. Sometimes the worst part is, we can't have an action to solve that case. Some people are just a normal persons doing bounties and some have high education acquired, this people are in danger using their info to abuse some people.

Yes, I agree with you mate. One reason why people love crypto currency was the reason of the anonymity of each indivudual if every participants of bounties required to pass KYC then our information will be spread out then it will be very easy to steal our identity and be use for illegal,so I disagree for KYC.

TRADE, EARN & OWN THE EXCHANGE           M o o n X           [    ●    JOIN ICO   -   S O O N    ●    ]
──────────     WHITEPAPER     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     LINKEDIN     TELEGRAM     CRUNCHBASE     ──────────
►   No Trading or ICO Listing Fees      ►   Superior to Nasdaq & LSE       ►   US$ 29M Raised in 2 Weeks!
CoinCollect

Activity: 770

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:22:02 AM

In fact, it is very far-fetched. There is a real risk and it is that now a lot of ICO is a Scam. If you pass the verification just in such ICO - then there is a risk that your data can be used somewhere, and most likely not for good deeds.
Meraki

Activity: 448
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:30:28 AM

I really hate the fact that Bounty Hunters need to do KYC. Because i really dont want to give my information to somebody i didn't trust fully. But we cant do anything about it. Some bounty campaign do KYC to filter multi accounts cheaters. The more they filter the more they save funds for their project.
alrez

Activity: 134

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:53:35 AM

Thanks for a very useful post, adding my insights.That's what I feared with KYC, the misuse of personal information. So as much as possible I avoid the bounty that gives KYC terms.
Snakerist

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 11:58:42 AM

I can't disagree with this article, it's only truth. I hope projects will not require KYC for bounty participants.

Labay

Activity: 434
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:00:04 PM

I think it's because people are multi accounting, not a legal requirement.
That's not a problem in their project, it's a problem here in this bitcointalk and we all know that multiple accounts are not allowed.
To the project, As long as they promote the project they have no problem in multiple accounts.

As i said, this is not a problem in their project as long as the promotion is still there.

That problem is only fits here in forum, allowing multiple accounts is against the rules because you're gaining a double profit but when it comes to promotion of the project there is no problem.

Yes, we can say that it is for the person who have multiple account in same campaign but how about the personal identity of the person? What if there are something happen because they gave their info? But it is good that it is the plan because we can catch all members that has multiple accounts in this forum.

❏  ixian    Github -    Discord - ANN -    Telegram - Reddit - Twitter      ❏  ixian
66.6  TRANSACTIONS PER SECOND                 REDEFINING HOW WE CONNECT               GET INVOLVED NOW
██████ Data Streaming Hybrid-Proof DLT  Blockchain based IM  ██████
tylerik1

Activity: 392

"SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN"

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:01:31 PM

It always belongs to the Bounty campaign that you participate in. The most signature campaigns don't have a KYC requirement for the participants. But I also know some campaigns where it is required to do a KYC. But that no problem for me, it protects the projects against multi account users.

Getcoinsite

Activity: 714
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:07:45 PM

Though i dont really support kcy for campaign participants,because for me theres no privacy remaining for us,but if this is the way to prevent multiple account enrollment well i guess this is ok for the dev to set this rules..

On other hand whats bothering me if this will be used for personal option of the dev,thinking they are holding our details.thats the sentiments i only concern
oscarrsm

Activity: 322
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 12:09:33 PM

~

I absolutely completely agree with everything that you wrote above. This is nonsense, it's not right, and maybe even not legal. And I think many people understand this.
But it can't be canceled. Leverage pressure on this doesn't exist. Public opinion is completely ignored by the companies. There are no specific laws forbid it.
And as you know - Everything that is not prohibited is automatically allowed. Companies use this unspoken law. If we lived in an ideal world ..... This is one of my not realizable dreams.
Bobrisky799

Activity: 51

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:19:11 PM

Well, most of the bounties now are demanding for kyc these days. We must conform with the rules of the bounties Anyways
dewanaga
Copper Member

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:21:55 PM

Well, most of the bounties now are demanding for kyc these days. We must conform with the rules of the bounties Anyways
indeed now kyc is there for bounty participants,
and will likely be used in the future, I think kyc for bounty is not too important
finaleshot2016 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1007

Degen in the Space

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 02:39:41 PM

It always belongs to the Bounty campaign that you participate in. The most signature campaigns don't have a KYC requirement for the participants. But I also know some campaigns where it is required to do a KYC. But that no problem for me, it protects the projects against multi account users.

Yes, we can say that it is for the person who have multiple account in same campaign but how about the personal identity of the person? What if there are something happen because they gave their info? But it is good that it is the plan because we can catch all members that has multiple accounts in this forum.

It's not big deal for them as long as the account is promoting the project even it's a sub account, We all know that they created bounty for promoting the project. They implemented a bounty campaign, then they should know and expected on this but there is a hole on multiple account user. You can borrow your valid ID of your family or friends and send it there, maybe there's a risk on sending others for the verification of KYC but it's 85-95% chance that you'll still get the bounty right? That's why it's better to remove KYC for the bounty hunters, they should find another way to promote the project.

And btw, this case should be handled in this forum or solved by the bounty managers to avoid this kind of case.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 02:41:31 PM

This is a common issue today, bounty participants needed to pass KYC to receive the money.
WHAT IS KYC?  Huh

Know your customer (alternatively know your client or 'KYC') is the process of a business identifying and verifying the identity of its clients. The term is also used to refer to the bank and anti-money laundering regulations which governs these activities.

From the word itself, "Know your customers", contributors or investors should do that thing, not us.
We, the bounty hunters participated and having a discussion here in the forum anonymously. Some of here didn't put their personal information because it has many disadvantages sharing it online like theft of personal information, spamming, and threats.

This forum allows you to hide all your information or you can disallow it to your profile.

THE MAIN PROBLEM!

Some of the projects requires to do KYC to receive the token. So we must put our personal information there and requires to upload a valid ID or papers that your information is legit. The project needs your information to be credible of earning their token.

We are on disadvantage in this case, why?
This information we share can be use in fraud, "a person or thing intended to deceive others, typically by unjustifiably claiming or being credited with accomplishments or qualities."

Since we're just a bounty participants, this people might look us a workers only. For short, they can use our informations to their own desires.
The worst part is, it can be use or sell it to the black market for criminal activities  Got a successful ICO + selling informations of the promoters = WP
If you want to know more about selling informations in black market, Please click here: link

Calling for the attention of Project Makers
If you want to do some ICO, don't require promoters to do the KYC.
In some country, The law only stated for all the customers to put a specific informations not promoters.
Some coins are decentralized and shouldn't passed kyc to get those.
We are anonymous in this forum as well in the bounties.
Some people promote your projects for free 'cause they don't want to do the KYC.
And please state in the ANN thread or bounty thread that the distribution requires KYC  

Not all participants are on the same country. Some of them are from SEA, EU, and US etc,. There are long distances,
for example;

The project is made on US, some of the participants are from South East Asia. If they tried to sell our documents in the black market of the US. We can't have an action on that easily. Sometimes the worst part is, we can't have an action to solve that case. Some people are just a normal persons doing bounties and some have high education acquired, this people are in danger using their info to abuse some people.

Yeah, because it is against our right of privacy as we are here working in this decentralized world of cryptocurrency under the blockchain technology. That is why I don't bother to participate in those projects that let the promoters (us) KYC it is because of the fact that it is so annoying and some of our personal information might be compromised and used in any malicious acts. If they really need strong support from promoters and public, for me I think projects has to undergo KYC or regulation instead of us bounty hunters. That is so unfair in our part where they are securing themselves but how about us? We'll never know whether the project is a success or a failure and that is how and where we get paid win or loss we are responsible of it and they don't even care about our safety. I've been in some campaign that fails and all of our time and efforts are gone and wasted.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
godfredmanu

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 02:44:16 PM

The right thing is to ensure marketers don't reveal their identities, because the medium of which does the advertising is taken place ( bitcointalk) doesn't require it members to identify themselves ,hence ICOs shouldn't demand that.

STEALTHCRYPTO        ═════•    QUANTUM MEST NETWORK   •═════  STEALTHCRYPTO
███ Quantum Secure Cryptography for data protection  ███
Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | Google plus | Facebook
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: