Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:48:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A Call for Bruce Wagner to Respond to this thread. Are You Bold Funding? Y or N  (Read 5275 times)
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 09:17:37 PM

May I remind you Bruce....Failure to Respond to an Accusation is called "Default" and "Dishonor" and leaves the accuser and the accusation as it stands, as TRUTH.

No it doesn't. Only in your head is that the way things works.

For me, I don't care if Bruce is a scammer or not. I can't see why this is relevant. His enthusiasm for Bitcoin is true and contageous, and as such good for the community.

Go spend your time elsewhere!

Are you sure it's relevant, or is this another scam? maybe he's just pumping and dumping. Maybe he's Tom Williams. Who knows really

That is just a pathetic acqusation!
This is all so pathetic. Kinda sad really...

I dare you to give your Bitcoins/Money/etc to whatever 'service' he props up next, unless of course he flees and moves on to something new.

Here's a fun summary for anyone wanting cross-references
http://www.freezepage.com/pub/U737985/BruceWagner

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hotdog453

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 09:18:41 PM

I just wanted to post in a thread that involves SomethingAwful.

I <3 you.
bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 09:19:27 PM

May I remind you Bruce....Failure to Respond to an Accusation is called "Default" and "Dishonor" and leaves the accuser and the accusation as it stands, as TRUTH.

No it doesn't. Only in your head is that the way things works.

For me, I don't care if Bruce is a scammer or not. I can't see why this is relevant. His enthusiasm for Bitcoin is true and contageous, and as such good for the community.

Go spend your time elsewhere!

Are you sure it's relevant, or is this another scam? maybe he's just pumping and dumping. Maybe he's Tom Williams. Who knows really

That is just a pathetic acqusation!
This is all so pathetic. Kinda sad really...

I dare you to give your Bitcoins/Money/etc to whatever 'service' he props up next, unless of course he flees and moves on to something new.

Here's a fun summary for anyone wanting cross-references
http://www.freezepage.com/pub/U737985/BruceWagner

Good Job Jeffk. Thanks for being a persistent ass.  Wink

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 09:19:41 PM

He's trying to get people to give him bitcoins so he can escrow them and then 'give them to charity'.  Do you really want someone who has been convicted of defrauding people to hold your money in escrow?

Hey, I didn't want him to hold my money in escrow when all I knew is he was too stupid to handle his own wallet security and he gave the MyBitcoins scammer over 25,000 coins!

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
matsh

Activity: 93
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 09:24:21 PM

For me, I don't care if Bruce is a scammer or not. I can't see why this is relevant. His enthusiasm for Bitcoin is true and contageous, and as such good for the community

IF YOU DON'T THINK THIS IS IMPORTANT THEN WATCH THIS SECTION OF THE LATEST BITCOIN SHOW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqpX4Wxlnbs&feature=player_embedded#!
e:Oops, skip to 12 minutes in

He's trying to get people to give him bitcoins so he can escrow them and then 'give them to charity'.  Do you really want someone who has been convicted of defrauding people to hold your money in escrow?

Well, I know his name, I know where he works, I even think I know where he lives. If he screws up, lots of people can sue him.

How about you, dear friend? Do we know who you are? Aren't you just a troll?!
JeffK

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

I never hashed for this...

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 09:28:56 PM

For me, I don't care if Bruce is a scammer or not. I can't see why this is relevant. His enthusiasm for Bitcoin is true and contageous, and as such good for the community

IF YOU DON'T THINK THIS IS IMPORTANT THEN WATCH THIS SECTION OF THE LATEST BITCOIN SHOW:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqpX4Wxlnbs&feature=player_embedded#!
e:Oops, skip to 12 minutes in

Well, I know his name, I know where he works, I even think I know where he lives. If he screws up, lots of people can sue him.

Bruce's own postings are the sources of evidence, I don't see your point
FAtlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 09:29:17 PM

Do you also know of his tendency to disappear from the country?  Not sure how you plan to get back an untraceable crypto-currency with non-reversible transactions either way, though...

Me?  I'm on the internet, and while I like trolling from time to time, I'm hardly just a troll
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 09:32:17 PM

A better question would be 'Were you Bold Funding', those documents make it look like he was shut down

That's what I meant, of course.

All we need is for Bruce to Confirm or Deny this.

This IS a Big Deal, I agree with JeffK.

There is no way we can have a notorious scammer at the healm of bitcoin as the spokesperson Bruce has been, if this is true. Not if Bitcoin is going to survive!

I agree.  I've got a big enough position in BTC at this point that it is in my personal interest in seeing it eventually succeed...in addition to considering the system to be potentially very valuable to 'humanity.'  So, if a fraction of the stuff that SA and friends have dug up is true, I will be officially thankful to this group (who I had never heard of before) whatever their motives.

I cannot help but notice that some investigative work nipped the 'Bitcoin Better Business Bureau headed by an utter clown' thing in the bud.  And against considerable resistance.  I, for one, am willing to put up with a good bit of nonsense and unpleasantness if it means catching some problems early.  If the 'problems' turn out to be false-positives there will be unnecessary damage but it should not be terminal.

It does seem to me that the whole Bitcoin thing is such a hot potato at this point that anyone thinking about setting up shop had better be prepared for the worst.  If they cannot stand the heat, they best stay out of the kitchen.  The heat has already proven valuable as I see it.

---

Come to think of it, everybody should ask themselves 'why am I' and 'why are they' so interested in something like Bitcoin at such an early point in it's life?  There are a lot of possible reasons, and a lot of them might have a less than wholesome smell.  It might be expected that there would be an extra-ordinary amount of scammyness here for that reason.  It's a reality that just needs to be dealt with in whatever ways are effective (as always, IMHO.)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 09:37:21 PM

A better question would be 'Were you Bold Funding', those documents make it look like he was shut down

There is no way we can have a notorious scammer at the healm of bitcoin as the spokesperson Bruce has been, if this is true. Not if Bitcoin is going to survive!

I agree.  I've got a big enough position in BTC at this point that it is in my personal interest in seeing it eventually succeed...in addition to considering the system to be potentially very valuable to 'humanity.'  So, if a fraction of the stuff that SA and friends have dug up is true, I will be officially thankful to this group (who I had never heard of before) whatever their motives.

I cannot help but notice that some investigative work nipped the 'Bitcoin Better Business Bureau headed by an utter clown' thing in the bud.  And against considerable resistance.  I, for one, am willing to put up with a good bit of nonsense and unpleasantness if it means catching some problems early.  If the 'problems' turn out to be false-positives there will be unnecessary damage but it should not be terminal.

It does seem to me that the whole Bitcoin thing is such a hot potato at this point that anyone thinking about setting up shop had better be prepared for the worst.  If they cannot stand the heat, they best stay out of the kitchen.  The heat has already proven valuable as I see it.

---

Come to think of it, everybody should ask themselves 'why am I' and 'why are they' so interested in something like Bitcoin at such an early point in it's life?  There are a lot of possible reasons, and a lot of them might have a less than wholesome smell.  It might be expected that there would be an extra-ordinary amount of scammyness here for that reason.  It's a reality that just needs to be dealt with in whatever ways are effective (as always, IMHO.)

Excellent Post!
I was just thinking about what you are saying in your last paragraph, right before I read your post.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
FAtlas

Activity: 56

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 09:49:30 PM

Hey, check out all these glowing reviews of BoldFunding:

https://i.imgur.com/E9Y9B.png
https://i.imgur.com/RNOvx.png
https://i.imgur.com/RNOvx.png
https://i.imgur.com/vMwDa.png
https://i.imgur.com/I4l7I.png

Interesting name that person has.  He really seems to like ellipses, too.  

Why does this seem so familiar?
E: not found by me, just reposting.
BlockHash

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 09:57:25 PM

---

This sums up exactly how I'm feeling about Bitcoin and all of the stuff that's come to light. I signed up around the time the Better Business Bureau (Bitcoin Division) came to light and found the Something Awful guys extremely well informed. They may not like Bitcoins, and I can understand that, but they've certainly helped this community in their own weird way. Bitcoin to me may not be the ultimate solution to our currency problems, but I think it's an important pioneer in the field, so some of their points may ultimately be proven correct, which is a good thing so we can learn from it.

As for this Bruce deal, I can't believe it got moved to off topic since it is very important news. Oh well, the beat marches on and at least it wasn't completely shut down.
Colargol

Activity: 85

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 10:50:32 PM

As for this Bruce deal, I can't believe it got moved to off topic since it is very important news. Oh well, the beat marches on and at least it wasn't completely shut down.
Anything that is really negative for bitcoin is moved to off-topic.

Please donate a few pennies to the singing and dancing bear:
1KUsZU8GkUAQJH5ryqSFtTJGgFtqJnsedE
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2011, 11:39:07 PM

Don't sweep yet!

‘Nightmare On Elm Street 3’ Writer Bruce Wagner To Pen ‘Across The Table’ http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/2011/08/05/nightmare_on_elm_street_3_writer_bruce_wagner_to_pen_across_the_table_for_d/#
Apate

Activity: 17

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:37:08 AM

Hey, I didn't want him to hold my money in escrow when all I knew is he was too stupid to handle his own wallet security and he gave the MyBitcoins scammer over 25,000 coins!

He is the MyBitcoin scammer - or at least, an accomplice.
EconomicOracle

Activity: 71

I can predict the future! Bitcoin will success!!!!

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:46:52 AM

Bruce is the one that got me into bitcoin. So at least he's done some good things in his life. But I hope his petrifying past doesn't hurt the value of bitcoin. He's done his part, but I think sometime soon we'll need a new spokesman.

GOOOOOOOOOOO BITCOINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit: Oops. Just fixed a typo. It should be GO (like GO TEAM!) and not GOOB
Edit2: Just checked the dictionary and goob is not a word
wolftaur

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:47:45 AM

He is the MyBitcoin scammer - or at least, an accomplice.

I know that is being investigated by some people, but at least at the point I made the comment, I didn't feel I had a good faith basis to make the accusation.

The two possibilities are that he didn't know what he was doing and lost his coins, or he was part of a massive fraud. Either way he looks pretty bad, and he can't try whining I'm falsely accusing him of, well, his version of events. Smiley

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
wolftaur

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:59:53 AM

Apparently, yes, he is Bold Funding.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40404.0

He of course put his defense as a locked thread in the main forum, so everyone can see his defense and nobody is allowed to have a rebuttal or comment unless it's "off to the side" where fewer people will see it.

Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 03:01:34 AM

PMI, but who is Bruce Wagner?  Cliff notes?

Mousepotato
wolftaur

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 03:01:44 AM

Apparently, yes, he is Bold Funding.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40404.0

The thread is no longer locked, apparently.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 04:47:43 AM

Wolftaur. You did indeed.  In a back-n-forth you and I had about it (at least.)  You were %100 right and I was %100 wrong.  Cost me a few BTC and a very red face.

Bruce fooled the shit out of me.  In fact, thinking back on it, I believe I am the dumb-ass who suggested that he take charge of doling out the remains of the mybitcoin loot.  Thank God nobody listened to me on that one (I hope...I went on vacation for 9 days and didn't really follow things around that time.)

Live and learn.  But can someone please tell me that Bruce was indeed a relatively good con-artist and I am not a _complete_ retard for thinking he was genuine?  Please?  Anyone?

(BTW, I _still_ feel that having a demonstrated chunk of funds going to charity from anonymous members of the Bitcoin community is a damn good idea.  The rest of those in that brainstorming session will have some work to do to wash their hands of The Bruce and convince me that they never were part of the same nets of rats.)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: