Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:00:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is There Any PROOF the FBI was Contacted in Relation to Mybitcoin.com?  (Read 2889 times)
bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 10:10:58 PM

Or did Bruce make all this up?

Did anyone here actually contact the FBI?
Do you know if it's a fact the FBI was contacted at all?

I'm just wondering, considering the connections coming to light concerning Tod Williams and Bold Funding and it's possible relation to Tom Williams and MyBitcoin.com.

Are we absolutely sure that Bruce made this report?
Has anyone else been in contact with them?
Is it possible Bruce is lying about contacting the FBI and has an established relation with the so called "Tom Williams"?
 Huh

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 10:28:57 PM

My personal recollection is that no-one did, by the way. The Bitcoin Police lot also ended up giving up on investigating MyBitcoin because no one affected by it was willing to get law enforcement involved or file a lawsuit themselves.

(Full disclosure: I am a SA member; in fact Bitcoin convinced me to finally sign up.)

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
BlockHash

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 10:32:29 PM

This is very interesting. Is there anyone here that contacted the FBI about MyBitCoin? I never used MyBitCoin in the first place, but watched the entire drama unfold. It just never felt right, but then again I'm an overcautious person.
someotherguy

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 10:36:10 PM

I am pretty sure one of the more seasoned SA members is preparing a full report with citations as evidence to the FBI.  I remember reading about it last night, I will try to located the thread post.

It should be noted that SA has assisted law enforcement all over the country on countless prior occasions, regarding fraud and crime.
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 10:42:45 PM

I am pretty sure one of the more seasoned SA members is preparing a full report with citations as evidence to the FBI.  I remember reading about it last night, I will try to located the thread post.

It should be noted that SA has assisted law enforcement all over the country on countless prior occasions, regarding fraud and crime.

You don't have to convince me, that somethingaweful forums is FULL of law enforcement officers, most of whom work for the Banksters and hate bitcoin.

But I think you completely missed the point of this post. If Bruce never made the initial complaint like he claimed he did, then he's the dead ringer for the elusive Tom Williams, given this newly uncovered info.

bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 10:47:04 PM

BTW folks, who was ALWAYS the BIGGEST promoter of MyBitcoin.com?

None other than Bruce!

BitOffer

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 11:00:54 PM

I just finished going over all the linked evidence and the first thing that came to mind is "Was The FBI Really Involved In The MyBitcoin.com" fiasco. The evidence is by far enough for any rational person to gain suspicion. The link to Tom Williams and Tod Williams quite the coincidence. This is a Dinosaur in the room and why aren't people talking more about it? I suspect something big is building.

Bitcoins were created to be used a certain way(no 3rd party). If you use them differently, you void the warranty.
nanaimogold

Activity: 661

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 11:11:13 PM

That is a very good question, one I have been waiting to learn an answer to. Since brooce and Adrianne accused me of stealing the MBC, I've been expecting the knock on the door.

Really, I'm tired of waiting for the other shoe to drop. Perhaps I'll walk over with a lawyer to RCMP tomorrow and find out for myself. Better than than get rousted by a swat team or whatever.

No point in driving. I live almost next door to the main police station. Everyone knows where I live. And where my office is, and my country home and my phone number. In fact, even my aged mother is in the phone book.

Not running from scam victims or from the law. Not like brooce the con artist.

I wonder now what Adrianne thinks of her relationship with brooce. Still keen to protect those sources huh girl? Maybe it would be better for you to roll over on yer buddy now before your publisher meets my Bronx lawyers? No point in protecting that nest of vipers. You know how to reach me. Everyone does.

kgo

Activity: 548
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 11:12:12 PM

Or did Bruce make all this up?

Did anyone here actually contact the FBI?
Do you know if it's a fact the FBI was contacted at all?

I'm just wondering, considering the connections coming to light concerning Tod Williams and Bold Funding and it's possible relation to Tom Williams and MyBitcoin.com.

Are we absolutely sure that Bruce made this report?
Has anyone else been in contact with them?
Is it possible Bruce is lying about contacting the FBI and has an established relation with the so called "Tom Williams"?
 Huh

Call the FBI and ask them.  Let us know what you find out.
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
August 30, 2011, 11:16:09 PM

Hey JeffK, No offense, but let's please try and keep this thread relevant to bitcoins and not Bruce or Tod Williams. Then it will stay in this topic forum, hopefully.  Wink

I never said anything about Bruce, just about a guy named Tod Williams

edit: I meant Tod Williams, not Tom Williams

And what does TodWilliams that have to to with the subject of this thread?

It was exposed that a TodWilliams posted positively about Bold Funding and was an avid supporter through a forum a few years back. It's an extreme coincidence that tod Williams is one letter off from Tom Williams, and with Bruce's history with MyBitcoin.com it sounds more than suspicious so needs investigating.
See here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40322.0
and here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=40317.0

BookofNick

Activity: 315
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:10:32 AM

This is very interesting. Is there anyone here that contacted the FBI about MyBitCoin? I never used MyBitCoin in the first place, but watched the entire drama unfold. It just never felt right, but then again I'm an overcautious person.

I filed a report with the FBI. It was only 70 bitcoins, but I figure the more people who file, the better the chance there is they will do something - still unlikely

BlockHash

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:17:44 AM

I filed a report with the FBI. It was only 70 bitcoins, but I figure the more people who file, the better the chance there is they will do something - still unlikely

Did they indicate to you that you were the only person that reported this? Were you assigned a special agent to check on the disposition of the case?

I'm not interrogating you or anything, but this is important information. If only one complaint was filed, there's probably not much that will be followed up upon. But if there were several, there may be a case being put together and that is important to know if anything's going to be moving on this.
BookofNick

Activity: 315
Merit: 116

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:27:00 AM

I got exactly what I expected from a government organization to which I have donated hundreds of dollars to involuntarily - that is, nothing.

bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:45:04 AM

What's more important though, is whether or not Bruce filed a complaint. Unless we know for sure that he did, we may assume now, that he did not.

At least, I will assume this, until I have proof he actually filed or contacted them.

JonHind

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:49:19 AM

Being a non-US resident, I suppose that it would be pointless myself contacting the FBI?

I didn't lose too many BTC's with mybitcoin, but I am willing to file a report if anyone thinks it is worthwhile.
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:49:44 AM

Still no word from "You Know Who".....  Lips sealed

sadpandatech

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 06:41:16 AM

Being a non-US resident, I suppose that it would be pointless myself contacting the FBI?

I didn't lose too many BTC's with mybitcoin, but I am willing to file a report if anyone thinks it is worthwhile.

The FBI has field offices in many countries. This page here will let you selcet contact info by country for them. http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/legat

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
JonHind

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 09:39:17 AM

The FBI has field offices in many countries. This page here will let you selcet contact info by country for them. http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/legat

That is something that I did not know. There is an office in London, and I will be contacting them very shortly (just as soon as the caffeine kicks in).

Thanks Smiley
Anonymous

August 31, 2011, 10:31:06 AM

The #bitcoin-police are interested in anyone who wants to pursue mybitcoin in meatspace. There is a fair amount of information that is not publically available that could help your legal case/discovery.

skilo

Activity: 321
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 06:55:25 PM

I never thought mybitcoin.com was a good idea lol.  Roll Eyes
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: