Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:43:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The story of Bold Funding.  (Read 13966 times)
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:25:35 AM

This is going to go just like the other thread Bruce started, isn't it?  Bruce posts a bunch of transparent lies in his defense, and then once people rightfully pick apart his lies and post proof that he's lying, he's suddenly nowhere to be found.

Well, in Bruce's defense, he did lock this thread when he created it, so he might not have been expecting people to end up responding, picking it apart, and posting rebuttal and evidence to support the rebuttal once a moderator had unlocked the thread along with moving it into the off-topic section.

Oh, well, shit. That actually doesn't defend Bruce in the slightest, does it?

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Fletch

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

I'll have a steak sandwich and a... steak sandwich

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 09:23:17 AM

Well, in Bruce's defense, he did lock this thread when he created it, so he might not have been expecting people to end up responding, picking it apart, and posting rebuttal and evidence to support the rebuttal once a moderator had unlocked the thread along with moving it into the off-topic section.
Non-moderators can lock threads?

HashPeak - GPU mining hashrate peak detector
BTC: 1FLETCHvcUKosefrcZCLUQTtvx4WvgnYMC
wolftaur

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 09:34:57 AM

Yeah, I've seen it done a few times. Just about always for an illegitimate reason, too. I'm guessing you can lock the thread if you made it. I've never tried, so that's a guess.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
bitfreak!
Legendary

Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000

electronic [r]evolution

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 10:57:51 AM

I can see why you've been so successful at scamming Bruce. I read your post and I almost believed you for a minute or two. But there are too many critical questions you have failed to answer (i.e. purposely avoided).

XCN: CYsvPpb2YuyAib5ay9GJXU8j3nwohbttTz | BTC: 18MWPVJA9mFLPFT3zht5twuNQmZBDzHoWF
Cryptonite - 1st mini-blockchain altcoin | BitShop - digital shop script
Web Developer - PHP, SQL, JS, AJAX, JSON, XML, RSS, HTML, CSS
freequant

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:00:24 PM

http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/iscroll/SQLData.jsp?IndexNo=101308-2008#

INDEX NO.:          101308-2008
PLAINTIFF:            POST, JAMES
DEFENDANT:        WAGNER, BRUCE
CASE STATUS:      RESTORED (REOPENED)
ACTION:               OTHER
LAST UPDATE:      08-31-2011 10:00AM
JUSTICE:               TINGLING, M.A.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 02:08:36 PM

If using the three points means being Bruce, more than half the forum is Bruce.
Not in the characteristic way Bruce uses them. He could of course just be a fanboy, but it seems pretty suspicious. "Tod Williams" wrote in the same style too.

Its this kind of ridiculous assertions from low count post members that make all the acusations look extremely stupid and basically an orchestrated campaign.
Right...

Another example of Bruce's writing style.

I see that -- it changed right before my very eyes, as I was using it...

MyBitcoin.com has taken my advice...  and made a much needed improvement to their appearance.

I emailed them last week and said, "MyBitcoin is Ugly!   It's needs a fresh modern look.  Simple single-color rectangular buttons that LOOK and work well on Android / iPhone smartphones."

Well, they did it.

I must say, BRAVO MyBitcoin.   You look better than ever!

Smiley

Now, I won't be embarrassed to tell my friends -- who are business professionals -- that, "Yes. This IS the easiest web interface for using Bitcoin."   ( Before it looked so amateurish... like a drunk teenager had designed it in an hour. lol  )

They say.....  Perception is Reality.

It's IMPORTANT that our tools, and sites, etc. LOOK MODERN, sophisticated, new, hip, and professionally designed (even when we create them ourselves over a weekend, like I did with BitcoinMe.com)....

MtGox.com is always winning high praise for it's sleek modern design too.  I'm proud to show it to my friends too.  (I just wish it were slightly easier for non-tech newbies to use as a primary account and payment system - like MyBitcoin is.)

Bravo Guys!

...or this:

Someone recently asked me to add TxtEagle.com to our BitcoinPromote.com list of entities to target....

After reading all about what TxtEagle does...  They take large repetitive tasks and split them up into a zillion tiny tasks...  Tasks that can be done via SMS...  by the poorest of people.

This gave me the idea:

If they could be paid in Bitcoin....  They would be able to greatly benefit by having some sort of an SMS front-end / interface to their MyBitcoin account (or their MtGox account).

That way, those poor people (who likely have no computer or internet access), could still conduct business via MyBitcoin..... all via SMS.

Developers?
BlockHash

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:17:57 PM

INDEX NO.:          101308-2008
PLAINTIFF:            POST, JAMES
DEFENDANT:        WAGNER, BRUCE
CASE STATUS:      RESTORED (REOPENED)
ACTION:               OTHER
LAST UPDATE:      08-31-2011 10:00AM
JUSTICE:               TINGLING, M.A.

So he can afford to jet-set around the world, host conferences, rent very expensive apartments in NY, pay his staff and buy a shit load of new equipment ( which is rarely used) but as of last count he owes over a cool million to his victims and the state(s) as a result of his massive fraud schemes?

This will end well. I'm sure there are plenty of agencies angling to get their hands on all of those ill-gotten gains. Just hope there's enough left to actually compensate the real victims of his scams.
wolftaur

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:40:16 PM

INDEX NO.:          101308-2008
PLAINTIFF:            POST, JAMES
DEFENDANT:        WAGNER, BRUCE
CASE STATUS:      RESTORED (REOPENED)
ACTION:               OTHER
LAST UPDATE:      08-31-2011 10:00AM
JUSTICE:               TINGLING, M.A.

So he can afford to jet-set around the world, host conferences, rent very expensive apartments in NY, pay his staff and buy a shit load of new equipment ( which is rarely used) but as of last count he owes over a cool million to his victims and the state(s) as a result of his massive fraud schemes?

This will end well. I'm sure there are plenty of agencies angling to get their hands on all of those ill-gotten gains. Just hope there's enough left to actually compensate the real victims of his scams.

Someone needs to send a letter to the court clerk making sure they know that Bruce had access to over $250,000.

More than 25,000 bitcoins he lost to mybitcoin.com by his own public statement. I'm sure the court would love knowing Bruce had all that money and had no intention whatsoever of paying the court's judgment...

KeyserSoze

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:45:36 PM

http://www.archive.org/details/501HowToBe1OnGoogleSeo-TheBruceWagnerShow
@14:50

Words of wisdom from Bruce Wagner:
"It's kinda like everything in life. If you try and scam your way to the top, you're gonna fall on your face."

I used to day trade Bitcoin successfully. Then I took an arrow to the knee.
johnj

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 03:20:54 PM

I'm kinda new around here.  I'm just learning about Bruce and Mybitcoin etc.  If anyone is curious how this looks to someone new to the party:

Regardless of if *any* of this is true about Bruce, he should take himself out of the spotlight. It doesn't take a PR genius to know that you don't want any of this stuff even slightly connected with ANY investment, in this case Bitcoin. Now Bruce having been through enough poor business experiences *should* know that. His insistence to remain vocal and involved in the Bitcoin 'community' leads me to believe that although he knows his current situation is detrimental to the image of Bitcoin, he doesn't care enough to remove himself.  What his motives are at this point are unclear, but they do not look pure in the slightest, and makes me very very hesitant about investing more into Bitcoin, knowing this is an avalanche just waiting to happen. Even worse if it happens in the spotlight.

Just a new guys perspective.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
PinkiePie

Activity: 70

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 07:06:54 PM

Any chance you've been convicted of prostitution?  Insurance fraud?  Ever been evicted?

All the pieces are starting to fall together- scammers upon scammers upon scammers.  Is this really the person we want as the public face of bitcoin?

How is it a scam to try and help people save their homes?  This is a great libertarian alternative to big government welfare solutions to the problem.  It's sad that their business didn't work out, but that isn't criminal.

There was a saying in ancient Greece, "E pluribus unum", which means, "Let the buyer beware".  Not every business arrangement is going to work out in your favor, if they truly wanted to save their homes they should have made their mortgage payments.

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:17:54 PM

There was a saying in ancient Greece, "E pluribus unum", which means, "Let the buyer beware".

I think you mean "Caveat emptor".  "E pluribus unum" means "from many, one".

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
greyhawk

Activity: 938
Merit: 1009

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:18:53 PM

Any chance you've been convicted of prostitution?  Insurance fraud?  Ever been evicted?

All the pieces are starting to fall together- scammers upon scammers upon scammers.  Is this really the person we want as the public face of bitcoin?

How is it a scam to try and help people save their homes?  This is a great libertarian alternative to big government welfare solutions to the problem.  It's sad that their business didn't work out, but that isn't criminal.

There was a saying in ancient Greece, "E pluribus unum", which means, "Let the buyer beware".  Not every business arrangement is going to work out in your favor, if they truly wanted to save their homes they should have made their mortgage payments.

I personally am more of a fan of the saying "ceterum censeo carthaginem esse delendam". It means "do not let your shopping cart be emptied by censors", which I think aptly explains the evils of Capitalism.
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:21:40 PM

Yeah, I've seen it done a few times. Just about always for an illegitimate reason, too. I'm guessing you can lock the thread if you made it. I've never tried, so that's a guess.

True.  If you started it, you can stop it.  Unless you are a newb, but then you shouldn't be able to start threads anyway.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

BlockHash

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:23:52 PM

I personally am more of a fan of the saying "ceterum censeo carthaginem esse delendam". It means "do not let your shopping cart be emptied by censors", which I think aptly explains the evils of Capitalism.

I'm a big fan of the Spanish take on this in the late 1400's, "Las cucarachas entran, pero no pueden salir", which is "The Roaches enter but cannot leave".
MoonShadow
Legendary

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:33:44 PM

Then you don't understand Capitalism, much less it's evils.

Are-you-a-wizard?

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 07:49:04 PM

You know that bruce has publicly said that the 25k BTC he "lost" is nowhere near the total amount he actually owns.

What do you think the chances are that he shoved a load of the money he stole off people with his scams into Bitcoin and then if required he could tell a court he doesn't have the money so can't pay it back, and he legally wouldn't be lieing.
wolftaur

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:41:37 PM

You know that bruce has publicly said that the 25k BTC he "lost" is nowhere near the total amount he actually owns.

What do you think the chances are that he shoved a load of the money he stole off people with his scams into Bitcoin and then if required he could tell a court he doesn't have the money so can't pay it back, and he legally wouldn't be lieing.

Yeah. Which is why I say someone should let the court know. When you owe money and they're looking at whether you can pay they look at all your assets, not just the change in your couch cushions.

Hiding assets to escape paying a court judgement is a felony in most cases.

bitrebel

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:55:51 PM

Yeah. Which is why I say someone should let the court know. When you owe money and they're looking at whether you can pay they look at all your assets, not just the change in your couch cushions.

Hiding assets to escape paying a court judgement is a felony in most cases.

Bitcoins are not money or currency and could not legally be considered "assets" since "assets" must have determined "value". IMO

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
hugolp
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 09:06:39 PM

Bitcoins are not money or currency and could not legally be considered "assets" since "assets" must have determined "value". IMO

Bitcoin is not legal tender, but it is a currency. Also, its an asset with an easily determinable value.

▄████████▄
               ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
              ██▀
             ███
▄▄▄▄▄       ███
██████     ███
    ▀██▄  ▄██
     ▀██▄▄██▀
       ████▀
        ▀█▀
The Radix DeFi Protocol is
R A D I X

███████████████████████████████████

The Decentralized

Finance Protocol
Scalable
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██                   ██
██                   ██
████████████████     ██
██            ██     ██
██            ██     ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄      ██     ██
██▀▀▀▀██      ██     ██
██    ██      ██     
██    ██      ██
███████████████████████

███
Secure
      ▄▄▄▄▄
    █████████
   ██▀     ▀██
  ███       ███

▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██             ██
██    ███████████

███
Community Driven
      ▄█   ▄▄
      ██ ██████▄▄
      ▀▀▄█▀   ▀▀██▄
     ▄▄ ██       ▀███▄▄██
    ██ ██▀          ▀▀██▀
    ██ ██▄            ██
   ██ ██████▄▄       ██▀
  ▄██       ▀██▄     ██
  ██▀         ▀███▄▄██▀
 ▄██             ▀▀▀▀
 ██▀
▄██
▄▄
██
███▄
▀███▄
 ▀███▄
  ▀████
    ████
     ████▄
      ▀███▄
       ▀███▄
        ▀████
          ███
           ██
           ▀▀

███
Radix is using our significant technology
innovations to be the first layer 1 protocol
specifically built to serve the rapidly growing DeFi.
Radix is the future of DeFi
█████████████████████████████████████

▄▄█████
  ▄████▀▀▀
  █████
█████████▀
▀▀█████▀▀
  ████
  ████
  ████

Facebook

███