Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:42:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The story of Bold Funding.  (Read 13966 times)
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 09:56:50 AM

I don't share the same basic belief system as you, that's all. Just as I only felt so sorry for Bruce when he lost his 25,000BTC.
I don't think there's any real evidence that Bruce actually lost those 25 000 BTCs, other than him claiming it. He also said he's reported it to the FBI, but it turns not that may not be the case either. That could indicate that he's just lying about loosing BTCs to make people feel sorry for him instead of suspecting him of being involved with MyBitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BlockHash

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 12:17:36 PM

What the hell? Am I going crazy or are posts disappearing from this thread?

Yes, there are. Given the content of the missing posts I suspect a moderator may have removed them. Given how they had absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand and were clearly only meant to offend people I would personally applaud that.

Well my posts were only off-topic to the point where I had to defend myself from another forum user attacking me, honestly I think they demonstrated how childish some people get on the internet. Their existence exposed the childish actions of one member but, lets not get started derailing again though.

If it was a moderator I am sure your post in self-defense was removed because of the hateful speech it was forced to reference. I personally thought you handled the attack quite reasonably.

Unfortunately, this is often how things are when an ugly truth comes out. The person who wanted his shameful secrets to stay secret is always going to try to get it back into the shadows, and a criminal's allies are always going to resort to thug tactics to try and keep anyone looking for answers intimidated and silent. :/

Well said.

What I find particularly amusing (and sad) is that so many people are falling all over themselves to defend this guy. He's a known liar and fraudster, and that's not just internet speculation - it's all in the court documents! That anyone would believe a word of his parade of indefensible lies (which basically melt down to shouting "LIES! NOT TRUE!" when faced with these documents) is just just insanity. If I were a new Bitcoin investor and I happened onto this situation, I'd leave this forum and not come back. It's just insantiiy.
PinkiePie

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

GROUNDED FOR TROLLING

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2011, 02:11:43 PM

So, you at least admit you are an "Informant", correct?

Bitsnitches get bitstitches.  Seriously though, you should just take your concerns to Bruce instead of being a tattle-tale.  I'm sure once Bruce knows some people still need recompense he will take care of it, but if the courts are involved that probably means there is some dispute about that.  I'm sure he will cash out his bitcoins and pay anything he owes if the court says so.

I stated that if you turn over your money, to a person who claims to have a mortgage related company, and you did not even bother to check to see if they were licensed, you are as much at fault for your losses, because if it were not for your part in the stupidity, the con artist could not have your cash.
That's all I stated. These kinds of crimes take two people to work. A willing con artist and a willing or stupid victim.

Absolutely, most scammers go after poor, old people instead of successful businessmen and the rich.  Just look at Bernie Madoff.  If we had a true free, unregulated market that kind of thing would not have happened since poor people would have to smarten up about their business and would not be so careless with their money.

--
MOST HONEST FORUM MEMBER AWARD 2011
Cross my heart and hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye!
wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 06:22:38 PM

What I find particularly amusing (and sad) is that so many people are falling all over themselves to defend this guy. He's a known liar and fraudster, and that's not just internet speculation - it's all in the court documents! That anyone would believe a word of his parade of indefensible lies (which basically melt down to shouting "LIES! NOT TRUE!" when faced with these documents) is just just insanity. If I were a new Bitcoin investor and I happened onto this situation, I'd leave this forum and not come back. It's just insantiiy.

Look at it this way. If Bruce is involved in mybitcoin he has tons of coins with which to try and buy himself public support. Smiley

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
RandyFolds

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 08:05:21 PM

Absolutely, most scammers go after poor, old people instead of successful businessmen and the rich.  Just look at Bernie Madoff.  If we had a true free, unregulated market that kind of thing would not have happened since poor people would have to smarten up about their business and would not be so careless with their money.

Do you know anything about the Madoff scandal? He wasn't duping poor people, he was stealing from pension funds and university endowments. Poor people invest in big screen TVs and bigger truck tires, not mutual funds.
wolftaur

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 08:07:35 PM

Do you know anything about the Madoff scandal? He wasn't duping poor people, he was stealing from pension funds and university endowments. Poor people invest in big screen TVs and bigger truck tires, not mutual funds.

I think PinkyPie is just trying to see how fast he can prove he's one of Bruce's shills. Smiley

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
MoonShadow
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 09:19:01 PM

Do you know anything about the Madoff scandal? He wasn't duping poor people, he was stealing from pension funds and university endowments.

Middle class people have pension funds and benefit from endowments (via improved campus resources, presumedly without increased tuition).  The poor don't invest in anything, as a true poor family couldn't have paid for a flat screen anyway.  He was using the term 'poor' to refer to the American lower middle class, who most certainly do have pension funds and 401K's, just not much of either.

"The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences. The apex of the systems was to be the Bank for International Settlements in Basel, Switzerland, a private bank owned and controlled by the world's central banks which were themselves private corporations. Each central bank...sought to dominate its government by its ability to control Treasury loans, to manipulate foreign exchanges, to influence the level of economic activity in the country, and to influence cooperative politicians by subsequent economic rewards in the business world."

- Carroll Quigley, CFR member, mentor to Bill Clinton, from 'Tragedy And Hope'
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4578
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 10:07:11 PM

My impression that most of Madoff's 'victims' were quite well off and expected that Madoff's success was associated with his connections (that is, his ability to obtain inside info and such.)  This creates in my mind:

1) not a huge amount of sympathy for his victims, and

2) an explanation about why Madoff alone went to jail while the people who actually did raid said funds (including the managers of said funds) continue to go free.  Or in some cases, get paid by the government for their 'expertise' in understanding the issues.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 10:18:21 PM

I think PinkyPie is just trying to see how fast he can prove he's one of Bruce's shills. Smiley
More likely he just wanted to test if people here will fall for even the most obvious trolling.
RandyFolds

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 10:27:45 PM

More likely he just wanted to test if people here will fall for even the most obvious trolling.

Yeah, I swallowed that one hook, line and sinker.
wolftaur

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 04:11:07 AM

RandyFolds

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 06:53:01 PM

Man, you guys kill it with the memegenerator.

It fucking blows my mind that people think that civil court isn't a big deal. I run a business in the service industry. I could stop going to my clients today and never show up again and never call them back, even after taking their money. I would be scamming them, but I would not end up in jail for it, I would end up in civil court. White collar crime rarely carries cuffs.
wolftaur

View Profile
September 02, 2011, 07:00:49 PM

Man, you guys kill it with the memegenerator.

It fucking blows my mind that people think that civil court isn't a big deal. I run a business in the service industry. I could stop going to my clients today and never show up again and never call them back, even after taking their money. I would be scamming them, but I would not end up in jail for it, I would end up in civil court. White collar crime rarely carries cuffs.

I've said in multiple posts for days that the whole "Oh, it wasn't a criminal conviction, just civil" defense is absolutely fucking idiotic. I and others have repeatedly pointed out that often it's an intentional choice: go criminal court and put the guy in jail, or go civil court and get restitution for the victims. Gee, which one helps the victims? Which one will victims struggling to pay bills especially after being defrauded out of what little money they had left actually want?

Nobody fucking listens, either because Bruce is paying them off, Bruce is sucking them off, or they're just too stupid to get it. Or maybe they're just criminals themselves and the fact they only faced civil charges lets them sleep at night in their own denial. Seriously, at this point I just don't know, I'm finding it almost impossible to suppress the knee-jerk reaction of "Oh, you must be a criminal too" when I see someone defending Bruce. It's getting harder and harder to suppress that and realize, "Ok, maybe they just didn't read all the threads" and that actually HAS been the case with several of the people who were, at first, defending him.

But y'know, I can only see so much of "Oh, I just refuse to believe Bruce could have done anything wrong and even if he did it was an honest mistake and that's why he's not in jail" shit before I just can't resist throwing something stupid back. Tongue

mikegogulski

Activity: 360

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 01:25:20 AM

And this: https://docs.google.com/document/pub?id=1orWPXoft3jOGWvXumlbUsdqswlbVu8RNDbQ3jfpEGTw

FREE ROSS ULBRICHT, allegedly one of the Dread Pirates Roberts of the Silk Road
JonHind

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 01:38:44 AM

Could we get this thread back on track, and try to tempt Bruce into answering some questions? Create a new thread for the spinoff discussions maybe?

Also:

Good work!

1995:

Court:

19 May: Speeding ticket: http://www.fcmcclerk.com/case/rs/case.php case number 1995 TR D 123457

Corporate:
    Addresses:

3724 DAYSPRING DRIVE, Hilliard, OH (19 May)

1996:

Court:

8 February: Bank One Columbus NA files “contracts, notes and accounts” case number 1996 CVF 004102: http://www.fcmcclerk.com/case/rs/search.php. Default judgment against Wagner in April.
    7 June: Moving violation citation case number 1996 TR D 128317, http://www.fcmcclerk.com/case/rs/case.php. License plate GBA421.
    3 October: Invalid license ticket, case number 1996 TR D 149172, Columbus, OH. Plate AGX3379.
    7 October: Gel gets traffic ticket case number 1996 TR D 149936, Columbus, OH.

Corporate:
    Addresses:

3724 DAYSPRING DRIVE, Hilliard, OH (8 Feb, 7 June)
    5959 Abbey Chapel Drive, Columbus, OH (3 Oct)
    838 Thurber Drive, Columbus, OH (Gel, 7 Oct)

1997:

Court:

30 June: Gel gets traffic ticket case number 1997 TR D 130577.
    21 July: Law firm Overly, Spiker & Chappano, LPA files “contracts, notes and accounts” case number 1997 CVF 022670: http://www.fcmcclerk.com/case/rs/case.php. Plaintiff wins default judgment of around $1k which is satisfied via a garnishment against Wagner.

Corporate:

31 October: Registered agent for Gel Chiropractic Inc, Columbus, OH: http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/pls/bsqry/f?p=100:7:3713325496221972::NO:7:P7_CHARTER_NUM:996370. PDF with signature available. Corp dissolved in 2002 for failure to final annual returns.

Addresses:

5959 Abbey Chapel Drive, Columbus, OH (30 June [Gel], 21 July)

1998:

Court:

23 January: Apartment complex files case 1998 CVG 002460 against Wagner “and all occupants”, possibly for eviction. Dismissed w/o prejudice a few weeks later.
    29 September: Wagner files personal injury case number 1998 CVE 031481 in Franklin Co., OH. Dismissed without prejudice other than on the merits early 2000 and continued in a new case against the remaining co-defendant.

Corporate:

6 August: Wagner is sole incorporator of IT Proactive, Inc., Columbus, OH. http://www2.sos.state.oh.us/pls/bsqry/f?p=100:7:3713325496221972::NO:7:P7_CHARTER_NUM:1020523. PDF with signature online. Corp still active.

Addresses:

5959 Abbey Chapel Drive, Dublin, OH (23 Jan)
    1110 Neil Ave., Columbus OH (6 Aug)
    5959 Abbey Chapel Drive, Columbus, OH (29 Sep)

1999:

Court:

10 June: Edward Gel charged with misdemeanor soliciting, later pleads to disorderly conduct and fined $250. http://www.fcmcclerk.com/case/rs/search.php, case number 1999 CR B 014093 [ed note: Dear Ed, I’m distressed that you were arrested for a victimless crime, and even more so if this led to your being shut out of the chiropractic profession.]

Corporate:
    Addresses:

5354 BETHEL PARK DR, Columbus OH (Gel)

2000:

Court:

14 January: Landlord files eviction(?) case number 2000 CVG 001450 against Wagner and Gel.
    25 September: Wagner and his insurance company file personal injury/property damage case number 2000 CVE 032517. Wins $3k default judgment early in 2001.
    31 October: Same landlord files eviction case number 2000 CVG 036971 against Wagner and Gel at same address. Permitted to stay until 30 November or be forcibly evicted.

Corporate:
    Addresses:

5354 BETHEL PARK DR, Columbus, OH (14 Jan, 31 October)
    289 TRIUMPH WAY, Gahanna, OH (25 Sept)

2001:

Court:

28 February: Wagner files personal injury case number 2001 CVE 007554 against co-defendant from above. Apparent out-of-court settlement a few months later.
    4 April: Wagner gets a speeding ticket, case number 2001 TR D 136523. Pays $120 fine from IT Proactive’s account. His license plate number at this point is “ITPRO”.
    24 May: Wilcox Place LLC files “contracts, notes and accounts” case number 2001 CVF 018925 against Wagner and IT Proactive. http://www.fcmcclerk.com/case/rs/case.php. Default judgment for plaintiff in early 2002 for $10k + 10% interest.

Corporate:
    Addresses:

5959 Abbey Chapel Drive, Dublin, OH (28 Feb, 4 April)
    2762 MARTIN RD, # 330, Dublin OH (24 May)

2002:

Court:

17 January: Wagner and Gel threatened with eviction in case number 2002 CVG 001958. Outcome unclear.
    12 February: Gel sued for $1500 in “contracts, notes and accounts case number 2001 CVF 005371, default judgment against, satisfied via non-wage garnishment.

Corporate:

17 June: Corporate charter for Gel Chiropractic Inc. revoked for failure to file returns.

Addresses:

6466 Cobble Way, Dublin, OH (17 Jan, 27 Feb [Gel])
    5354 BETHEL PARK DR, Columbus, OH (Gel, but mail forwarded to address above)

2003:

Court:

16 October: Oakland County, MI court proceedings result in the issuance of a restraining order against Ronnie Edward Duke in regards to Wagner and Gel. See below. http://www.oakgov.com/crts0004/main. Case numbers 2003-685436-PH and         2003-685435-PH

Corporate:
    Addresses:

Oakland County, MI (16 Oct, both)

2004:

Court:

10 November: State of Illinois v Bold Funding, Inc. et al: https://w3.courtlink.lexisnexis.com/cookcounty/FindDock.asp?NCase=&SearchType=2&Database=3&case_no=&PLtype=2&sname=bruce+wagner&CDate=
    24 November: Two lawsuits filed against Wagner and “unknown occupants”, presumably by a landlord, each seeking $4k in damages: https://w3.courtlink.lexisnexis.com/cookcounty/Finddock.asp?DocketKey=CAAE0MB0HCJFCI0MD and https://w3.courtlink.lexisnexis.com/cookcounty/Finddock.asp?DocketKey=CAAE0MB0HCJFDC0MD

Corporate:

29 March: Bold Funding , Inc. founded as Nevada corporation. http://nvsos.gov/sosentitysearch/CorpDetails.aspx?lx8nvq=miY3gPQTRABI6kXTVjnPuQ%253d%253d&nt7=0
    20 May: Bold Funding, Inc. qualified to do business in Illinois: http://www.ilsos.gov/corporatellc/. [note potential surname misspelling, Wagoner]
    2-15 September: “Tod Williams” astroturfs for Bold Funding: http://forum.freeadvice.com/mortgages-refinancing-foreclosure-107/has-anyone-heard-company-named-bold-funding-185765.html

Addresses:

9 E Huron St Ste 5000, Chicago, IL (20 May, Bold Funding)
    40 E Chicago Ave Ste 5000, Chicago IL
    2248 MERIDIAN BLVD STE H, Minden, NV (Bold Funding)

2005:

Court:

5 January: Wagner and Bold Funding file appearances via their attorney
    12 January: Landlord lawsuits are dismissed.
    9 February: Bold Funding’s attorney is fired or quits.
    1 April: Wagner and Bold Fuding file appearances via their new attorney
    22 September: Bold Funding, Inc. (NV)’s registered agent resigns: http://nvsos.gov/sosentitysearch/corpActions.aspx?lx8nvq=miY3gPQTRABI6kXTVjnPuQ%253d%253d&CorpName=BOLD+FUNDING%2c+INC.
    1 October: Bold Funding’s d/b/a in Illinois has its “Secretary name and address” revoked: http://www.ilsos.gov/corporatellc/
    1 October: Breach of contract suit filed against Wagner for $1500 by a debt collection agency: https://w3.courtlink.lexisnexis.com/cookcounty/Finddock.asp?DocketKey=CAAF0MB0BGJHGG0MD.  Appears to have been settled out of court in early 2007.

Corporate:
    Addresses:

2006:

Court:

8 March: Bold Funding’s second attorney is fired or quits.
    18 April: Judgment and order against Wagner and Bold Funding for restitution of $116k plus a $250k fine. http://mortgagefraud.squarespace.com/storage/bold%20funding%20final%20judgement.pdf
    14 June:

Corporate:
    Personal:

3 November: Wagner describes his “THREE-PRONGED attack” for picking up “boys” for sex in Thailand at http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/724-the-500-baht-virgin/page__st__60__p__4299 under his “punlman” handle.
    16 December: Wagner exhibits epic misgynony and rape apology at http://brucewagner.wordpress.com/2006/12/16/how-to-avoid-becoming-a-rapist/

Addresses:

New York, NY (10 Nov via http://brucewagner.wordpress.com/about/)

2007:

Court:

20 December: NY Supreme Court case: http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/iscroll/SQLData.jsp?IndexNo=101308-2008. Wagner and Gel are being sued for $514,400 plus costs for assault; landlord/tenant occupancy and use, fraud in the inducement. Notably, plaintiff has been accused in a different suit of being a convicted felon, having set fire to his property in dispute, and breaking and entering to said property.

Corporate:
    Addresses:

338 W 19th St. #3C, New York, NY (possibly)

2008:

Court:
    Corporate:
    Addresses:

2009:

Court:
    Corporate:
    Addresses:

2010:

Close persons:

Ronnie Edward Duke (subject of the 2003 restraining order) is charged by the US Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Michigan along with six other people with mortgage fraud dating back to 2004. http://www.fbi.gov/detroit/press-releases/2010/de061610.htm. Prosecutors state Duke is the main defendant: http://www.mlive.com/news/detroit/index.ssf/2010/06/feds_announce_mortgage_fraud_c.html. Duke has a record of being sued by mortgage companies and others dating back to 2004: http://www.oakgov.com/crts0004/main

2011:

Court:

19 January: 2007 assault/fraud/landlord/tenant case against Wagner and Gel recorded as reopened for inquest: http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/iscroll/Comments.jsp?IndexNo=101308-2008
    27 June: NY case status conference: http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/iscroll/Appearances.jsp?IndexNo=101308-2008
    16 September: Next status conference scheduled

Corporate:
    Addresses:

290 5th Ave, 5th Floor, New York, NY (onlyonetv.com studio)
    Somewhere in Tokyo (31 Aug - ?)

DrZaius

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 01:59:09 AM

That doc should probably link to this post as well. It's the only one Bruce could delete because the other two were guest posts.

It's nice to contrast "Bitcoin Bruce" claiming that child sex doesn't happen in Pattaya to "Thailand Sex Bruce" talking about karma coming back to bite the asshole foreigners that painfully rape virgin customers for $12. I find it interesting that Bruce differs himself by offering 'love' and 'higher tips'. Nothing about not going after virgins. How old can these virgins be?

mikegogulski

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 02:03:46 AM

That doc should probably link to this post as well. It's the only one Bruce could delete because the other two were guest posts.

Right. Saw that well-sourced early today but didn't get it in. Later... zzzz...

It's nice to contrast "Bitcoin Bruce" claiming that child sex doesn't happen in Pattaya to "Thailand Sex Bruce" talking about karma coming back to bite the asshole foreigners that painfully rape virgin customers for $12. I find it interesting that Bruce differs himself by offering 'love' and 'higher tips'. Nothing about not going after virgins. How old can these virgins be?

I dunno... 38 when you're 48 is like 10 when you're 20, right?

wolftaur

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 02:08:17 AM

Yeah, but 'virgin' is still 'hasn't gotten loose enough to take a flashlight without lube' no matter what age you're talking.

mikegogulski

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2011, 02:10:20 AM

Yeah, but 'virgin' is still 'hasn't gotten loose enough to take a flashlight without lube' no matter what age you're talking.

Yeah, but, there are more things in heaven and earth, ... oh ... UP UP UP!

wolftaur

View Profile
September 03, 2011, 02:12:10 AM

Yeah, but, there are more things in heaven and earth, ... oh ... UP UP UP!

If he ends up really getting nailed in court and gets sentenced to jail I may show up for the sentencing hearing just to yell "DOWN DOWN DOWN" Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: