Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:10:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: gonefishing510 - I sent him a casasicus coin - he got it --- no anwer  (Read 6709 times)
jakedeez (OP)

Activity: 512
Merit: 250

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 07:46:08 PM

so is it a women or a man, i am confused here
if its that girl on the news channel, simply contact the news station and ask how you can get in touch with her,say you are a witness to that police crime that happened.

or the scammer could be using her indenity which they got from her computer,thats why you think its her

I'm pretty sure it's a dude named Kim.  I will know a lot more in a few days when I get the contract with the private eye executed and get his report.

I am planning to file a lawsuit, however, before doing that I plan to potentially post the name and home phone number of this person, as well as, potentially his neighbors, coworkers, and boss so that I and others here can perhaps make some phone calls to try and get our property back.  I honestly prefer not to have to sue because it will be a pita, but I will inorder to make an example.  That said, hopefully by spending a few hundred bucks with a private eye we can get enough info to make this person realize they are not going to get away with it.

Their real mistake here was using false names and multiple accounts... that is what show clear intention to defraud.  I am no longer upset about losing the coin I sent because I will get it back, what I am upset about is the work I am going to have to do.  That said, it will be good to make an example out of someone on these forums to hopefully dissuade others from trying this shit again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maxman190

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 09:46:02 PM

if its that girl on the news channel, simply contact the news station and ask how you can get in touch with her,say you are a witness to that police crime that happened.

or the scammer could be using her indenity which they got from her computer,thats why you think its her

I'm pretty sure it's a dude named Kim.  I will know a lot more in a few days when I get the contract with the private eye executed and get his report.

I am planning to file a lawsuit, however, before doing that I plan to potentially post the name and home phone number of this person, as well as, potentially his neighbors, coworkers, and boss so that I and others here can perhaps make some phone calls to try and get our property back.  I honestly prefer not to have to sue because it will be a pita, but I will inorder to make an example.  That said, hopefully by spending a few hundred bucks with a private eye we can get enough info to make this person realize they are not going to get away with it.

Their real mistake here was using false names and multiple accounts... that is what show clear intention to defraud.  I am no longer upset about losing the coin I sent because I will get it back, what I am upset about is the work I am going to have to do.  That said, it will be good to make an example out of someone on these forums to hopefully dissuade others from trying this shit again.
Damn, usually victims just let it go, you go man! See it through to the end. Any scammers in the future dealing with you, send him this thread and scare their ass.
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 10:39:37 PM

Damn, usually victims just let it go, you go man! See it through to the end. Any scammers in the future dealing with you, send him this thread and scare their ass.

Well honestly, thats sort of the point.  Someone needs to put their foot down and do all they can, using the legal system, to stop this bullshit.  Honestly, for me, the one silver bitcoin is a big deal because it had a lot of sentimental value and I only offered it for sale because I was in a tight financial spot.  I have since borrowed some cash from my father, so I am okay right now - but what this guy did isn't okay.  Someone has to show the scammers out there that while sticking within the law, and following the rules, it still possible to catch them.  

Andy - I know you're reading this thread, and I know at this point you have to be concerned.  I am still willing to shut this entire process down if you return my coin or pay me, and return nmat's coins or pay him.  But at this point, I have put time into this.  I have more time and work to put in, at some point I am going to become unwilling to let this go man.  You're on a clock to make this right.

Also, nmat has agreed to the cost of the private eye - so at this point we are moving forward.  You are now going to have to compensate us for money spent pursuing you to get us to go away.
bitkoin000

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:40:30 AM

Just make sure you're not crossing any lines legally if you're looking at posting contact information of anyone mentioned. It could create complications if there are claims of harassment due to having their info made public (I don't actually know if this will create problems legally but I'd recommend using some caution with how you proceed).
maxman190

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:49:24 AM

Just make sure you're not crossing any lines legally if you're looking at posting contact information of anyone mentioned. It could create complications if there are claims of harassment due to having their info made public (I don't actually know if this will create problems legally but I'd recommend using some caution with how you proceed).
Yeah, I also agree. It'd be like posting sex videos of your ex.
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:38:35 AM

LOL no it won't Smiley

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:59:15 AM

LOL no it won't Smiley

I'm sure that is just Andy being an amature... no worries tomato... this guy is going to have all of his personal information splattered everywhere... Like, everywhere.
Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 05:04:18 AM

Does anyone else find it strange that these guys all registered on or around the same day that Gonefishing510 went offline?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=410254.0

Tomatocage can we get an IP check?
izaa12

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:29:37 AM

Does anyone else find it strange that these guys all registered on or around the same day that Gonefishing510 went offline?

A lot of people register daily, no?  I'm all for IP checks, but is it right to just IP check randoms because of signup date? 
What is Theymos' rule of thumb w/ IPs?  Why not just release all scammer IP addresses?
bitkoin000

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 12:36:26 PM

LOL no it won't Smiley

I'm sure that is just Andy being an amature... no worries tomato... this guy is going to have all of his personal information splattered everywhere... Like, everywhere.

?

Actually I'm in a similar situation to you https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321290.0 and my statement was more toward his neighbours etc you mentioned that aren't in any way responsible for the scam.
"as well as, potentially his neighbors, coworkers, and boss so that I and others here can perhaps make some phone calls to try and get our property back."
Anyway I'd suggest getting legal counsel about the best course of action to take, up to you.
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 02:06:12 PM

A lot of people register daily, no?  I'm all for IP checks, but is it right to just IP check randoms because of signup date? 
What is Theymos' rule of thumb w/ IPs?  Why not just release all scammer IP addresses?

A lot of people do register daily. Some of those people aren't as legitimate as others and those people register multiple accounts in an effort to scam others which is why this forum has seen a decrease in activity from senior members (by senior I mean long term users).

If you look at the users posts (I did) he sounds very similar to Gonefishing510. This could be just my imagination. However if you look at a couple of his posts directly under them a user by the name of Lucky something posts as well. Gonefishing510 had a known alias of Lucky7slick here (or something like that). Seems a bit coincidental too me. Not to mention they all post in a thread thread started by a bunch of noobs trying to raise money for a new digital currency. Not saying it's him or a scam but when you've been burned your radar tends to be on high alert. Granted during this time you may also make mistakes and see connections that might not actually be there, but it's better safe than sorry.
maxman190

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:13:12 PM

A lot of people do register daily. Some of those people aren't as legitimate as others and those people register multiple accounts in an effort to scam others which is why this forum has seen a decrease in activity from senior members (by senior I mean long term users).

If you look at the users posts (I did) he sounds very similar to Gonefishing510. This could be just my imagination. However if you look at a couple of his posts directly under them a user by the name of Lucky something posts as well. Gonefishing510 had a known alias of Lucky7slick here (or something like that). Seems a bit coincidental too me. Not to mention they all post in a thread thread started by a bunch of noobs trying to raise money for a new digital currency. Not saying it's him or a scam but when you've been burned your radar tends to be on high alert. Granted during this time you may also make mistakes and see connections that might not actually be there, but it's better safe than sorry.
Are you telling me that I've been investing my time into a scammer made altcoin?!?!?!
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 02:53:56 PM

Actually I'm in a similar situation to you https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321290.0 and my statement was more toward his neighbours etc you mentioned that aren't in any way responsible for the scam.
"as well as, potentially his neighbors, coworkers, and boss so that I and others here can perhaps make some phone calls to try and get our property back."
Anyway I'd suggest getting legal counsel about the best course of action to take, up to you.

I am acting under the advice of counsel.  I am not going to sue his neighbors, friends, coworkers, or his boss.  I am however going to make sure they all know who he is and what he is really about.  I don't care that they are not involved... and when I call them they are welcome to tell me to go fuck myself and hang up.  I am still planning to cause this guy some major life disruption.  He is reading this thread, and I am not talking about you, but there seem to have been an increase in the number of people warning me I shouldn't do this.  I am at this point assuming they are mostly his aliases.

I am acting on the advice of legal counsel, and I know what I am doing here.  The guy just picked the wrong guy to steal from and left too many bread crumbs behind.  He's already busted, he just doesn't realize it yet.
bitkoin000

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 03:48:35 PM

I am acting under the advice of counsel.  I am not going to sue his neighbors, friends, coworkers, or his boss.  I am however going to make sure they all know who he is and what he is really about.  I don't care that they are not involved... and when I call them they are welcome to tell me to go fuck myself and hang up.  I am still planning to cause this guy some major life disruption.  He is reading this thread, and I am not talking about you, but there seem to have been an increase in the number of people warning me I shouldn't do this.  I am at this point assuming they are mostly his aliases.

I am acting on the advice of legal counsel, and I know what I am doing here.  The guy just picked the wrong guy to steal from and left too many bread crumbs behind.  He's already busted, he just doesn't realize it yet.

Glad to know you're informed about how to pursue this without undermining your case. I just had an image of you posting contact info of this guys associates here and randoms (vigilantes & socks) from the forum spam calling them which wouldn't necessarily further your cause. I was advised to be careful what I disclosed if there will be a potential court case so that's the approach I'm taking, but if you're under counsel then cool.

I hope this guy is reading this forum because it's obvious one way or another he's not getting away with it.
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 04:30:19 PM

Glad to know you're informed about how to pursue this without undermining your case. I just had an image of you posting contact info of this guys associates here and randoms (vigilantes & socks) from the forum spam calling them which wouldn't necessarily further your cause. I was advised to be careful what I disclosed if there will be a potential court case so that's the approach I'm taking, but if you're under counsel then cool.

I hope this guy is reading this forum because it's obvious one way or another he's not getting away with it.

Wouldn't hurt my case - might annoy the hell out of him though.
Nightowlace

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 12:39:01 AM

Are you telling me that I've been investing my time into a scammer made altcoin?!?!?!

Nope. I'm saying you should exercise caution and know who and what you are getting involved in.
jakedeez (OP)

ICO is evil

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 03:39:45 PM

Hey there Andy, do the following numbers mean anything to you:

6KSH8I47

or perhaps

6AQZ087

Wink

Ring any bells?  Like perhaps the license plate numbers of your family's two cars?

Dunah, Dunah, Dunah... here that jaws music getting louder?

Perhaps you should return the coins and or money to nmat and I before we have to keep going here...
zerokwel

Activity: 464

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 10:00:38 PM

Damm I have been reading this thread and all I can say I will never piss off Jakedeez

But being serious. Good on ya Sometimes karma needs a helping hand :p
geoffreyqp

Activity: 712
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 12:05:53 PM

I feel he owes too much to nmat to even return, i doubt he has that much $$ or btc. Well, to prevent going to jail, this kid? Should probably ask his parents or start selling those cars.. He for sure reads this thread. If those licence plates are really urs.. My advice is to just give up. Maybe talk to nmat and go on a payment plan. Though im not them and dont know how lenient they will be
izaa12

Activity: 20

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:16:24 PM

without reading this thread, is there a tldr?
how many BTC is jakedeez out?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: