Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:01:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy and Hold vs. Market Timing : Which is Better?  (Read 442 times)
James Thomson Evans

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 08:24:01 AM

I think the long term will be BTC, and when the btc price good will buy more.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:28:40 AM

Indeed, everything depends on the desire and possibilities. To trade in the market requires a very good experience and knowledge of the trends of the crypto-currency market, but this, in my opinion, is the best option for obtaining quick profits.
The most correct thing is to combine the retention of coins and their periodic trading on the market. With large and noticeable coin rises in price, and then a significant drop in their prices, their sale and purchase will bring a tangible additional income.
Roberttran

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:42:46 AM

I think we should divide the property by 50% to buy some coin top and hold.  The remaining 50% use market timing
MisterStylish

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 07:57:12 AM

It really depends on what you want to do and what your circumstances are. Completely different approaches are optimal for a retail daytrader than a blue-collar worker who just wants to make save and dependable investments for his retirements and an institutional fund manager has completely different objectives and issues to content with. There is no one-size-fits-all answer.

Retail investors tend to do better with B&H on average, because having a lot of money on the line makes you do the exact opposite of what you should. You need a lot of knowledge and experience to get over that and do the corret trades. Most people don't have those, in fact most people don't have the free time to immerse themselves in the markets that much. However that doesn't mean that someone who want to invest more time and effort can't outperform the average significantly.

Thing is, you don't need to be 100% correct and you don't need to ride every trend in every market. No one in the world is 100% perfect at anything. You just need to be good enough at anticipating strong enough medium term trends. Most of those tend to persist for far longer than a single day, so you can just hop onto a trend and ride it up.
SivaSankarSMS

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:05:31 AM

myself prefer the second strategyoption for short trading and investment, i will invest on top 10 coins and i will do the short trading in indodax exchange. In the spare time i do my own analyze but in my busy time i use signal group in telegram. But there are sometimes have more times many do interesting things buy coin in one exchange and sell it in another exchange with certain price that of course have many differentthis is the chance to buy a bitcoin and hold it because if it pumps big money the harvest from bitcoin
3philong

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:26:55 AM

I am quite lazy to think and learn. So I like long-term strategy, buy and wait the best chance and then sell
bungutko

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 12:39:46 PM

I think both factors applies to be able to profit from the investment of bitcoin or altcoins. I would agree that it is better to buy when there is a bear market where price of crypto's are at low price and hold for sometime while waiting for the right market timing. Based on your validation, if you could make a profit during up trend market, then you may have to decide whether you sell your coins or just hold still.
jh3mx

Activity: 76
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:43:37 PM

both half for buy and hold for security
then the other half is for market timing might hit jackpot tru this

♥ TRUEPLAY.io ♦
Transparent and honest gambling platform
PRE-SALE STARTS 15th APR, 2018
cacakuswaya

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 01:58:32 PM

yes true for long term I invest in Bitcoin.
because bitcoin will reach its peak. by the end of this year bitcoin will increase. I'm sure of that.
elbimbo012

Activity: 476
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:26:20 PM

Buy and hold strategies are often recommended for long-term investors who have time to ride out the ups and downs in the markets over a period of years. They are also typically appropriate for novice or uneducated investors who do not understand the markets but still need long-term growth or income.

Market timing strategies may work in any time frame as long as the market is timed correctly. This, of course, does not always happen, and no timing strategy has ever shown itself to be foolproof.

Which investment strategy do you prefer?
My strategy is buy and hold. proper market timing is hard to identify when it be but buy during correction is a good strategy for long term just be patience don't chase the price if it goes up cause if you di and it will have correctiom for sure your investment may earn negative profit.

mensha

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 05:31:52 PM

It is really depend on capability and time allocation of investor.  However crypto industry best practice is to invest 50% of money long term and other 50% on trading. Depending on your capability and time allocation you can twist the parentage values accordingly. 
DilanBrown

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:00:13 PM

yes true for long term I invest in Bitcoin.
because bitcoin will reach its peak. by the end of this year bitcoin will increase. I'm sure of that.

I agree with you. It is necessary to keep until the end of the year.
niz3r_nade

Activity: 162

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:10:21 PM

I would rather choose to buy and hold it, the strategy I do starts from the first, because I think it is the most effective way for me to maximize the profit from my purchase. I usually buy when the price goes down and then sell it after the high price.
give

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:24:16 PM

To me market timing is much good to people who need quick profits.
nganhaj

Activity: 7

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:38:53 PM

Buying and keeping bitcoin takes a long time . Psychology must be firm, good choice is still buy and hold
amonymous

Activity: 1177
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:42:46 PM

I guess also have to you buy and hold this time now. it's time will makes best opportunity. don't forget this time and not late to another market time. Because you want to buy lower price time to fair this time already created him.so now you can buy bitcoin and make up hold.
dagobert20

Activity: 13

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:43:30 PM

According to me the bitcoin is a long-term investment. It is normal that the bitcoin going up and down. This is the best time to invest in currencies maybe. In addititonal if you want to invest bitcoin, it worth hold to for some years.
Rishabh riyz

Activity: 357
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:04:15 PM

Buy and hold strategies are often recommended for long-term investors who have time to ride out the ups and downs in the markets over a period of years. They are also typically appropriate for novice or uneducated investors who do not understand the markets but still need long-term growth or income.

Market timing strategies may work in any time frame as long as the market is timed correctly. This, of course, does not always happen, and no timing strategy has ever shown itself to be foolproof.

Which investment strategy do you prefer?

I prefer market timing strategy , its more profitable unless you are really into it.
It's very beneficial for a trader with good trading skills , good knowledge about the fluctuating value of BTC  , knowledge about the currency you are trading in is also very credential.
jhache

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 04:34:39 PM

No matter how good someone is at trading or technical analysis, he cant time the market accurately. While on the other hand one can never go wrong by buying and hodling a coin, if the coin has strong fundamentals. So I would say that buy and hodl is the best strategy and the thing that will make you rich.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: