Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:01:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: eMunie Beta Test  (Read 6798 times)
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1130

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:09:26 PM

Is there some way to audit how much Fuserleer create for himself, his friends etc.? Fully anonymous system? That means no way for independent checking? How can outsiders know how much of that declared presale investment is just an excuse to create emunies for himself to stash away.
Anyway, when will the whitepaper with lots of details come out? It was supposed to be some time ago.

I would be compromising if Fuserleer could create coins for himself but I don't think he would do that mistake.
Emule

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:40:50 PM

the problem which i dont understand that he is the person who can create new coins and sell new coins. the demand and supply makes no sense in my opinion. since if you have infinite supply the demand would go somewhere zero. therefore he controls all. and it is not transparent and said where the money will go, only for the first pre-sale its going into the development.
he gets kind of all money. so smart deal for working 6 month...

I am actually looking forward to the the development of zero coins, since this still locks nice. but those business strategy which are going on here seems to work.

its like its difficult to get, everyone once to buy as much as possible. price starts already at 10 cents... thats really high. also only the already rich people can get richer here. you pay less for a higher quantity...

i mean at least its nothing virtual and you pay money for it. so you should think smart before investing in something which is that vulnerable in my opinion and dont make rich people richer.

anyway feel free to critisise i am eager to learn from it.

Firstly, no person will be creating new coins. This function is fully automated depending on unfilled demand. The new coins will be created directly in the wallets of the people that already hold emunie, in direct proportion to their percentage holdings. If the demand for coins falls off, the system stops making coins.

Also, there is a buffer system whereby the system buys/sells coins in order to prevent spikes in price. This does not attempt to fix the price, just prevent huge fluctuations. (This is where a lot of the pre-sale money will be going. The rest towards further development, advertising etc)

The money brought in from new coins will obviously go to the people that decide to sell theirs.

The price of each coin is largely irrelevant at this point. If you invest $100 and get 1000 coins, or 10,000 coins, they will still be worth $100 at launch.

It's true that buying in bulk will get you a discount. Its not a huge discount in my opinion and I think your argument about rich getting richer is largely an appeal to emotion so I wont argue against it here.

thanks for confirming the rich founders getting richer

emulie found a new system: after-mining in stead of pre-mining Cheesy
Fuserleer
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 03:49:48 PM

Is there some way to audit how much Fuserleer create for himself, his friends etc.? Fully anonymous system? That means no way for independent checking? How can outsiders know how much of that declared presale investment is just an excuse to create emunies for himself to stash away.

Anyway, when will the whitepaper with lots of details come out? It was supposed to be some time ago.

There will be publicly available information on all the pre-launch investments made, and the amount of eMu.

There will also be a block explorer of such, so with that in mind, ANYONE can cross check that the amount of invested is equal (or close to save for tester bonuses and rounding) to amount of eMu created.

I CAN NOT create additional eMu after the genesis block and wallets, that is governed and controlled by the supply algorithms and is distributed to balance holders and hatchers as per the rules of the system (which have been documented in various threads over and over).

I'm not even bothering to answer eMules FUD.

Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:53:55 PM

Some of the emunie supporter accounts seem pretty fresh. Did they join the emunie project before having an account here or do they find it embarrassing to shill with their main account but are under peer pressure to do it?  Wink

My Bitcointalk account is a bit older than the eMunie project. "Peer pressure". Yeah! I've been told to keep calm and talk slowly, clearly and tranquillizingly with idiots, otherwise people will think I'm one of them. Is this something what I should consider as pressure?
Emule

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:03:19 PM

There will be publicly available information on all the pre-launch investments made, and the amount of eMu.

There will also be a block explorer of such, so with that in mind, ANYONE can cross check that the amount of invested is equal (or close to save for tester bonuses and rounding) to amount of eMu created.

I CAN NOT create additional eMu after the genesis block and wallets, that is governed and controlled by the supply algorithms and is distributed to balance holders and hatchers as per the rules of the system (which have been documented in various threads over and over).

You can tell what you want.

care to share some of your algo hibijibi hokus pokus?

what do you have to hide?

SenorHombre

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:10:33 PM

Thanks, I did not know all that. So thanks for letting me know all that. I do think it was not so clear in all the links how it will be distributed and how it functions. Those explainations are why better here than I found in the forum.

Will there be a giveaway.

Still think its unfair to sell bulks. This would be a major point which will be hard for me to confince that this is right. Ho would maybe say this could be a small scam.
Since, I mean none would sell me a dollar for less even if I would be a million of dollars. The same is for the mining if I am mining in a pool a get an equal share and not less because I only can use my laptop. I hope you get my point here.
So why should people who got already more many have it easier. its really discourging.

For example I would consider to get some for 2 or 3 ltc since I got only in as a whole 8. But i would feel a bit discourge even discriminante by this rule.

anyway, thanks for your replies.
eid

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 04:58:02 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 05:36:42 PM by eid

thanks for confirming the rich founders investors getting richer

emulie found a new system: after-mining in stead of pre-mining Cheesy

It's called Return on Investment:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Return_on_investment

I hope that helps.
edok

Activity: 167

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:39:09 PM

skull88

Activity: 683

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 05:56:31 PM

chuckles...

Now I am supposed to not call people cock suckers so I wont...

@skull88 http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/scam go read this. I also wont bother pointing out the irony of how many closed source technologies you are using to post your archaic responses to a internet based forum.
Looking at that link. Yes, eMunie fits the bill. Thanks.

I use opensource were possible, never said I never used anything closed source.
I may hope you aren't that stupid not to see why a decentralized cryptocurrency needs to be opensource?

A presale is a presale no matter what kind of nice story the dev made up and all the talk doesn't chance the fact it is closed source.

So the ripple source gets released and within 48 hours a clone in development is announced. I wonder why eMunie is going to be closed source for a while?  Huh
Does that matter?
Bitcoin is cloned, Litecoin is cloned, Ripple is cloned

What does coinmarketcap say:
1 Bitcoin
2 Ripples
3 Litecoin

I think a clone would be less damaging for eMunie than keeping it closed source.

It would matter if you just got done pouring a year of your life into creating it. You sir, must not be a programmer.

No, it wouldn't matter me a tiny bit. You think Satoshi created Bitcoin in a day? You think the folks spending years working on Debian are mad at Canonical for making Ubuntu or Canonical at the Mint devs?
Have you seen how SunnyKing takes it when his coins are used to build a new one? I'm sure he also spends some time creating his coins.  

Yes, bitcoin and litecoin were out long before the crypto scene started to rise - so there was little to no incentive at all to even create a clone.
Since the rise of crypto there is a great reason as to why to clone a coin.

As stated many times by Fuserleer, the source will be released a few months after launch. This is to ensure that eMunie does retain a proper place before people do start cloning.

Think of it like this: Bitcoin is released and then 50 other coins the day after. Why would you pick bitcoin? no reason if you ask me..

Regarding the pre-sale, you can keep on ranting that pre-sale is pre-sale and what ever you want.
Every coin holds bounties, every coin needs a strong dev team. I don't believe the dev teams (on any coin) need to work for free, since they are giving service to all of us.

The pre-sale is just that, this is money that goes into the foundation, the foundation has many roles some of them to promote the coin via bounties on projects people do or commercials.
Besides that also to pay the active developers for their hard work. And in the case of eMu also retains part of the pre-sale to cushion the price-drops should they arise.

Just reading on Bitcointalk won't give you enough information in my opinion. You should go over to the official eMu forums, you should ask to join the beta testers on the official thread - and then you might get a glimpse of what eMu is really about.

Because people will not choose a mere copy over the original, why choose the copy with a crappy dev if you can use the original with a good dev team behind it?
When Litecoin came out, we already had many alts like ixcoin, i0coin, Tenebrix, Solidcoin, Geist Geld and many followed. And even with 50 new copy-paste coinreleases a day like we are seeing now, an innovating coin with a good developer behind it will stand out an will be used. It's a crappy excuse not to release the sources from the beginning imo, the result is people can't review it and it won't attract devs to help improve it.

How do you expect people to trust the software if nobody can review it? People pay for these coins, it holds value, and we got to trust one person? One guy that controls it? What happens if Fuseleer gets hit by a bus? Who will continue his work? Nobody, because nobody has the source.

Every other successful coin did this without a presale, and cushion the price-drops? At least they're honest about price manipulation. Cheesy
But you're right when you say a dev can be paid, not every dev needs to be like Sunny who even rejects donations. But it would have been a better practice to just ask for donations, because that presale essentially needs a premine. And every premine is used as an excuse for all the things you've mentioned, if that would be something smart to do, we would now use Tenebrix instead of Litecoin. And how much does Fuseleer get? Actually we can't know, he can give himself as much coins as he wants, nobody can check it.

I'm not only reading on Bitcointalk, like I already mentioned.

Some of the emunie supporter accounts seem pretty fresh. Did they join the emunie project before having an account here or do they find it embarrassing to shill with their main account but are under peer pressure to do it?  Wink

And it's weird to see them only talking about eMunie on a Bitcoin forum, they don't seems very interested in Bitcoin or another alt except when emunie pops up in a topic.  Cheesy

BTC: 1MifMqtqqwMMAbb6zr8u6qEzWqq3CQeGUr
LTC: LhvMYEngkKS2B8FAcbnzHb2dvW8n9eHkdp
skull88

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:02:45 PM

I would be compromising if Fuserleer could create coins for himself but I don't think he would do that mistake.
Ow ok, now it seems safe, where can I preorder those eMunies? Superresistant thinks Fuseleer wouldn't do something like that. Who needs proof when someone on the internet thinks something? right?  Cheesy

skull88

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 06:06:19 PM

And how should we review that what you are saying is true? Where do we see those algo's?

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:01:44 PM

Ow ok, now it seems safe, where can I preorder those eMunies? Superresistant thinks Fuseleer wouldn't do something like that. Who needs proof when someone on the internet thinks something? right?  Cheesy

Exactly and it's enough for me and most people.

You should slow down on the cocaine or whatever it is. It makes you appear crazy. I'm sure you're alright though.
wakasaki808

Activity: 476

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:02:21 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 07:33:30 PM by wakasaki808

Just to clear a few things up.

eMunie will have a 30 day PUBLIC pre-sale. You have 30 days to get in on the pre-sale which is to start late January-early February, it's your fault if you don't. Beta Pre-sales are no different than the public pre-sale. Everything is priced at $.10 unless you buy in bulk where it goes to $.09/10,000EMU or $.08/100,000EMU. Prices are priced at the same with just the Beta Testers getting 1000($100) eMunie and the founders getting 2000 ($200) eMunie for helping out development and bug fixes. Price might not even change(or even go lower) post-release depending on how much demand there is. IMO 30 days is a lot of time to decide to go with the pre-sale or not.

Beta eMunie wallets are wiped at every major beta client release. Nothing is usually carried over between beta clients. Nobody is getting real eMunie until the actual release occurs.

The system prevents huge price movements, so investors looking to get rich fast will NOT get rich fast unless there is outrageously high demand. You will not see a price fluctuation like BTC or anything of that sort. No "boss" as the EMU system is the boss, no-"body" manages eMunie supply. People try to dump eMunie and the system holds it to keep the price steady, if the demand grows the eMunie supply increases to keep the price steady as best as it can.

The client works fine, people can set up a hatcher(kind of like a miner) that allows you to generate eMunie through earnings and fee's. It's not 100% POS like Nxt, etc. But it requires more on CPU, and a SSD than GPU speed(not at all). So just holding eMunie will not give you the best Rate of Return.  

From what I have seen it's not a scam, and if it was a scam, Dan has gone through immense work in getting it to work. He has done a lot to get the client working really well and gone through a lot of work getting his idea working in client form. Someone can start the client with 0 EMU and generate EMU if they set up a hatcher, etc. Nobody is requiring anyone to invest. So wait for the release, test out the client and how it works, if it's not for you then just go on your way in the crypto world Smiley
GurungBoi

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:08:56 PM

reserved

superresistant
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 07:17:01 PM

reserved

Grin made my day
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:17:04 PM

during the 30 day presale ... will there be a chance to test out the client, get our hands dirty?

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
MsCollec
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 08:53:01 PM

during the 30 day presale ... will there be a chance to test out the client, get our hands dirty?

I dont think so,unless you are a beta tester.
romerun
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1001

Bitcoin is new, makes sense to hodl.

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 12:43:51 AM

tester bonuses

Beta testers receive some free coins?

Also, the raised fund goes to the boss or it will be reserved for the project bounties and such?
princesultan1

Activity: 132

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:00:33 AM

what's the difference between ripple and emunie?
eid

Activity: 616

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 01:16:56 AM

tester bonuses

Beta testers receive some free coins?

Also, the raised fund goes to the boss or it will be reserved for the project bounties and such?

The beta testers are being given 1000 coins ($100 US) each for their work (some of whom have been testing for over 6 months).

Your second question has already been answered in this thread.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: