Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:08:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCChina offers new form of deposit ?  (Read 1404 times)
BTCisthefuture (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:17:21 AM

I saw an anouncement on BTCChina today saying you can now add CNY funds via buying BTC vouchers.  Anyone know anything about this?

https://vip.btcchina.com/page/notice20140108

I checked it out and I'm a bit confused because it looks like you have to buy the vouchers through sellers on taobao, and taobao just announced people can't deal in bitcoin. 

I'm confused, anyone know more ?

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:29:08 AM

btcchina will probably have to withdraw the offer a day after announcing it Wink
talktopab

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 08:00:45 AM

I have bought some vouchers some days ago, before the news you mention and it was fine and fast. I have not much fiat so I have not bought vouchers later (and got verified in bitstamp) and do not know the situation now. If you have a taobao account you can ask the seller directly via the livechat.
BTCisthefuture (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:14:00 AM

I have bought some vouchers some days ago, before the news you mention and it was fine and fast. I have not much fiat so I have not bought vouchers later (and got verified in bitstamp) and do not know the situation now. If you have a taobao account you can ask the seller directly via the livechat.

where did you buy the vouchers from though?  Like you said you bought the vouchers a few days ago,  the taobao announcement is only from yesterday and goes into affect next week.

the only option i see on btcchina is taobao.  and taobao just announced yesterday they wont be allowing such sales starting jan 14th.  is there another way to by vouchers besides taobao that im not seeing ?

nodroids

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:48:25 AM

It is correct that the only place you could buy the vouchers is Taobao which just announced it would be shutting down all trading. And the Chinese don't care, I watched the exchange all day and this close is bullish. Even the shrewd and cheap ass modofos at BTC-e.com think this is crazy bullish.

What're the corrupt Chinese officials going to have to pull for their next buying dip?... Executions of BTC traders?
BTCisthefuture (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 09:59:33 AM

It is correct that the only place you could buy the vouchers is Taobao which just announced it would be shutting down all trading. And the Chinese don't care, I watched the exchange all day and this close is bullish. Even the shrewd and cheap ass modofos at BTC-e.com think this is crazy bullish.

What're the corrupt Chinese officials going to have to pull for their next buying dip?... Executions of BTC traders?

Oh I'm sure right now while you can still get them people will buy them quickly.  Why wouldn't you if you want btc's. I'm just curious what happens next week when taobao bans these sort of things.

Although, you can still make cash deposits on BTCChina apparently. I haven't tried it but they have a QQ number you can contact them at to give them cash.

Qim

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:04:16 AM

I saw an anouncement on BTCChina today saying you can now add CNY funds via buying BTC vouchers.  Anyone know anything about this?

I checked it out and I'm a bit confused because it looks like you have to buy the vouchers through sellers on taobao, and taobao just announced people can't deal in bitcoin. 

the voucher function has been there since the end of the last year, the announcement came out days later.

I bought a voucher today, and it worked as well as before.

taobao announced to ban bitcoin trading and mining stuff from 14th, not sure including the voucher or not.
BTCisthefuture (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:19:38 AM

the voucher function has been there since the end of the last year, the announcement came out days later.

I bought a voucher today, and it worked as well as before.

taobao announced to ban bitcoin trading and mining stuff from 14th, not sure including the voucher or not.

Yeah that's what I'm unsure about. If vouchers will continue to be allowed on taobao.  I guess we will see one way or another.

talktopab

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:34:08 AM

I guess they will have to think of another way but China is truly making it very difficult. Rush to buy while you can http://thenextweb.com/asia/2014/01/08/chinas-largest-online-shopping-site-bans-bitcoin-trading-and-sales-of-all-related-products/?utm_medium=Spreadus&awesm=tnw.to_j17We&utm_campaign=social%20media&utm_source=Twitter#!rHIqU
k99

Activity: 346
Merit: 255

Manfred Karrer

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 11:17:20 AM

When people will realize that centralized exchanges are THE PROBLEM in the bitcoin world? Why is it so hard to build an p2p exchange? If many people are sending money from bank account to another traders bank account the bank cannot block these bank accounts. But they can easily kill exchanges with preventing money transfers.

https://bisq.network  |  GPG Key: 6A6B2C46
BTCisthefuture (OP)

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:27:39 PM

When people will realize that centralized exchanges are THE PROBLEM in the bitcoin world? Why is it so hard to build an p2p exchange? If many people are sending money from bank account to another traders bank account the bank cannot block these bank accounts. But they can easily kill exchanges with preventing money transfers.

You make a very great point I think. It be interesting if something like this could come along.

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:50:59 PM

Yep we all know that. Coming up with a working solution is the tricky part. Probably several solutions being worked on as we speak
talktopab

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 01:59:23 PM

Excellent idea. I wonder if somebody has worked in that direction. How would a p2p exchange in terms of transferring fiat? after all, we have to still use it to buy bitcoins.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 02:18:06 PM

Excellent idea. I wonder if somebody has worked in that direction. How would a p2p exchange in terms of transferring fiat? after all, we have to still use it to buy bitcoins.

Yes people are working on it, but its a tricky problem. Earlier this year people discussed it a lot and then its gone pretty quiet, so I am hoping they are now implementing solutions Smiley
k99

Manfred Karrer

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 04:43:43 PM

Yes I know it is not easy. Inter-Crypto (IOU, Ripple,...) seems easier, but that does not solve the interface problem to the Fiat world.
One of the very few feasible solutions I found here: http://pauv.org/ - Interesting whitepaper.
https://nashx.com/ is also a project in a similar direction but not p2p.

I think the exchanges are really the highest risk at the moment. How many useful (professional, trade volume, political risk) exchanges we have? Not more then 5-10 I would say. Most are in countries which have already clearly said that they dont welcome BTC (USA, China, India).
At the end only the EU, Japan, Russia, Hongkong and Singapore are (yet) not aggressively against BTC. Canada, Australia, GB and NZL I see as close partners of the USA, so they will follow their policies (otherwise they would not get all these nice NSA data anymore)...
Of course there are many more countries, but if the G8 define the global framework these other countries will follow to not get to a black list (tax heavens, money laundering,....).

Here a small overview about exchanges which with I have more or less experience (You are welcome to add some more)
MtGox: Japan; Political low risk. Very bad experience with services, customer care and security.
Kraken: USA; Political high risk. Very professional.
BTC-e: Bulgaria (or Russia); Political low risk. Pretty bad reputation with customer care, not very professional, unkown operators. Probably high to medium criminal and security risks.
ANXBTC: Hongkong; Political low risk. Seems professional but low volume yet.
Justcoin: Norway; Political low risk. Seems professional but low volume yet.
CampBX: USA; Political high risk. Seems very professional
Coinbase: USA; Political high risk. No personal experience as for people in US only. Seems very professional
BTCChina: China; Political high risk.
BitStamp: Slovenia; Political low risk. Seems professional no personal experience as verification process is more then a pain in the a**.

LocalBTC: Iceland, global; Political low risk. Professional
Bitcoin.de: Germany; Political low risk. Professional

BTC OTC: US?, global; Political low risk. No personal experience, low volume.

So if US and China will attack BTC harder (forbid all banks/money transmitter to operate with BTC related companies) then there are left a handful of exchanges. BTC-e opertes with a czech bank so its partly inside EU influence. If EU follows US policies then we nearly dont have any possibility to change BTC/Fiat anymore. Thats a scenario not very unrealistic! China is already nearly at that point.

If you look at the richest 500 Bitcoiners (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=321265.0) it seems really crazy that there is not more investment in that area. There are people out there with a few hundred thousends BTC.
Are they not worried about that inmature state of BTC?

And its not only the exchanges, there is so much more that needs to be addressed before the state attacks BTC harder or before BTC really become global money.
-The whole security is based on one version of the software running at all of the miners (btclib/sx, bitcoinJ would be an alternative).
- Anonymisation
- Security audits
- Improvements of POW/Security of the crypto algos (make it post quantum safe -see NSA threats)
- Improve scalability
- Mining Pools power concentration

Many difficult problems. At the moment there are working a bunch of core devs, mostly voluntarily without payments and with limited resources (I guess most are not fulltime BTC devs).
Alternative implementations could help to improve the stability and make it less risky for attacks.

But investors prefer to put money in a new cool startup rather then help to mature the overall system (does not provide direct ROI).... at least until it will hurt too much....

Jcw188

Activity: 546

Carpe Diem

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 06:19:33 PM

Not to hijack the thread but I dispute the "seems very professional" comment about CampBX.  There are more and more complaints, including one from myself that was never resolved after 2 months (I ended up just withdrawing the BTC I had there).

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
k99

Manfred Karrer

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2014, 11:26:56 PM

Not to hijack the thread but I dispute the "seems very professional" comment about CampBX.  There are more and more complaints, including one from myself that was never resolved after 2 months (I ended up just withdrawing the BTC I had there).
Ah thanks for the info. I just used it once and all worked fine, so my experience was limited. Maybe I shoudl emphasize the word "seems" ;-).

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:54:46 AM

I would just add that I have used bitstamp since they started and they have been close to perfect, very rare in the bitcoin space
BTCisthefuture (OP)

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:00:46 AM

I received an email from BTCChina today answering some questions I had.

They wouldn't answer wither the vouchers will go away next week when taobao stops allowing bitcoin related sales. They only said that as of right now it works.

They also said they are looking into options for selling vouchers in western markets by using sites like amazon or ebay and they asked for some imput on what people would prefer.  I found this part very interesting!

empoweoqwj

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 10:44:17 AM

I received an email from BTCChina today answering some questions I had.

They wouldn't answer wither the vouchers will go away next week when taobao stops allowing bitcoin related sales. They only said that as of right now it works.

They also said they are looking into options for selling vouchers in western markets by using sites like amazon or ebay and they asked for some imput on what people would prefer.  I found this part very interesting!

"They wouldn't answer" ... I would take that as a yes, the vouchers will disappear.

If they are talking about amazon or ebay they are getting really desperate. Neither will happen. They are stuck between a rock and a hard place unfortunately.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: