Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:44:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mooncoin - Solidcoin/Namecoin to BTC Exchange  (Read 18272 times)
MrMoon (OP)

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 03:59:45 AM

I think you're running an exchange that uses doubles instead of decimals.

You know that my source code is open source. So you could look at it to confirm rather then just announce what you think in my thread.

Quality posting.

moonco.in

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wolftaur

Activity: 112

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 04:01:07 AM

You know that my source code is open source. So you could look at it to confirm rather then just announce what you think in my thread.

Quality posting.

It's not my job to verify that for you. It's your job as an exchange to be doing it correctly.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 04:14:22 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2011, 04:43:24 AM by Maged

Quote from: BitcoinEXpress
9.Phony Whois - Partial California USA address - Complaint filed with ICAAN and Net4India.

This is the only legitimate concern I see, but the reason is I want to separate my personal life from this. And trolls like you and drama like this last weekend only makes me feel confident in that decision.

Admitted Phony WHOIS information on a financial site

Ah, lovely. Yet another site that, if it turns out to be a scam, we can't locate the operator. Hello, Mybitcoin.com.

If he had a legitimate reason to want that private, there's a mechanism for it. It's called "spend an extra $15 to have the real contact information on file with a company acting as a shield."

But I guess it takes a long time to get the more than 500 worthless SolidCoins you'd have needed to pay for the legal private registration. Yes, I said legal. You're violating the policies of registering a domain name, after all. Which is why you were reported.

And one more thing.

If moonco.in loses their domain or otherwise disappears with everyones' coins, I call dibs on getting to yell "MOXXED!!!"

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 04:27:17 AM

So you think it ok to ripoff people because someone else built the code? Yes I am straight up accusing you of being underhanded. How is that racist? Is being Indian equal to being a thief?

Yes I do think it is okay to build off of someone elses open source code. I think that is how it improves, Hippach who is a programmer that I repsect and I are able to share our improvements. When one of us makes a security flaw we let the other know and try to work on it together. I think this is a strength.

This response makes me suspect you don't even understand the idea of open source software in general.

Previously explained

Lol, where? You could always copy and paste it, clearly you are know where those buttons on the keyboard are.

Uh, yes it is. Since you like to play word games, Block Explorer shows it processed normal after being sent. Problem is you sat on it for 24 hours.

No it is not and if you took the time to look in the source code you would see I only manually process moderator withdrawals. Do you realize how tedious it would be to process every withdrawal on bitcoin? It would be so unpractical.

Just think before you post, please.

Total BS, Word Games, no matter how you classify it, if you keep a fee, it's transaction fee.
[/b]

If the community really felt strongly about it I would change the wording on my advertising, I don't really think it would affect my new user sign up rate significantly.

Don't have to be to know that Internet Gambling or taking bets via the internet without a license is illegal
[/b]

Apparently you do because my lawyer disagrees with you. I pay him and he will be the one defending me if we go to court so I think you'll understand when I say I'm going to take his advice.

Once again Gmail for a serious financial support email, are you serious?

I think it is interesting that most of your criticisms are mostly shallow problems with the names of emails and domains. You really can't see the underlying reasons behind my decisions? It appears to me to be arbitrary rules you defined on what is a "serious financial" site.

Now they are transaction fees, since you were caught red handed. Above you clearly said you DO NOT charge fees.

Was I caught red handed? You really are a drama queen.

It is the case, would you like me to demonstrate root access level control. I would be careful. Last time a SC Guru challenged a "helpful supporter" the block chain grew 100X normal rate.

This statement is absurd on so many levels. For one artforz had the respect to actually explain what the specific problem he found was, you have yet show that courtesy. In fact your behavior has been much more akin to realsolid, and I'm live gavin. You say there is a security breach but you refuse to tell me what it is, and if you just told me I could help a whole community by improving open source software.

You have yet explained no specific potential security whole you just made a vague accusation that I could be vulnerable to a very broad array of security holes.

Really its very immature. It's not productive.

moonco.in
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 04:28:11 AM

Quality posting.

It's not my job to verify that for you. It's your job as an exchange to be doing it correctly.

You realize you are acting just like Realsolid acted to Gavin when Gavin asked for the specifics about the security hole that Realsolid claimed existed within bitcoin?

Good job.

moonco.in
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 04:30:54 AM

This is the only legitimate concern I see, but the reason is I want to separate my personal life from this. And trolls like you and drama like this last weekend only makes me feel confident in that decision.

holy shit... sure, lemme go ahead and deposit my funds with a fake whois. just wow.

You do realize you have to have an ID on file to get a real https cert, which should be the one you would be concerned about right?

moonco.in
wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 04:32:51 AM

You realize you are acting just like Realsolid acted to Gavin when Gavin asked for the specifics about the security hole that Realsolid claimed existed within bitcoin?

Good job.

I'm not talking about a security hole here. I'm talking about basic math performed by the exchange being correct. If you don't know the difference between double and decimal you are not qualified to run an exchange, and if you can't answer the question about which you use then you're proving your exchange isn't legit.

Since someone already pointed out there are math errors, it's a legitimate question. I'm not required to verify whether you're doing it wrong. If you're operating an exchange then it's your responsibility to know what the code you run does.

MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 04:33:36 AM

I actually thought of that but then he would have accused me of trolling him. When he first opened the site ... I was trying to be nice.

Since not everyone has English as a first language it occurred to me he might not know, well, the 'less official' meaning of the word moon, and I sent him a short polite PM just to make sure he wasn't caught unawares.

And since he already has a huge problem with anything that isn't sucking up to CoinHunter or his precious crappy exchange...

First you didn't message me when I opened up the site, you messaged me several months afterwards. I also gave you a respectful response, I even shared the story of how I derived the name.

And yes you have trolled this thread relentlessly and provided zero content.

I'm over this though, clearly there are no active moderators on this forum, so why should I even bother, just feeding trolls.

moonco.in
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 04:34:42 AM

Good job.

I'm not talking about a security hole here. I'm talking about basic math performed by the exchange being correct. If you don't know the difference between double and decimal you are not qualified to run an exchange, and if you can't answer the question about which you use then you're proving your exchange isn't legit.

Since someone already pointed out there are math errors, it's a legitimate question. I'm not required to verify whether you're doing it wrong. If you're operating an exchange then it's your responsibility to know what the code you run does.

No one has pointed out math errors, I have asked you to do it but you refuse too. Copy and paste the code that has the math errors if they exist, its open source.

Seriously this is mind numbing.

moonco.in
johnj

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 04:36:14 AM

holy shit... sure, lemme go ahead and deposit my funds with a fake whois. just wow.

You do realize you have to have an ID on file to get a real SSH, which should be the one you would be concerned about right?

Nope.  Don't even know what a SSH is.  Just rubs me the wrong way about the whois.

1AeW7QK59HvEJwiyMztFH1ubWPSLLKx5ym
TradeHill Referral TH-R120549
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 04:38:28 AM

You do realize you have to have an ID on file to get a real SSH, which should be the one you would be concerned about right?

Nope.  Don't even know what a SSH is.  Just rubs me the wrong way about the whois.

My mistake, I meant https cert. It is the certificate that lets you know you are really connecting to me and not someone else.

The whois will be corrected.

moonco.in
wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 04:38:34 AM

First you didn't message me when I opened up the site, you messaged me several months afterwards. I also gave you a respectful response, I even shared the story of how I derived the name.

I never said anything otherwise about your response. The reason I didn't do 'MOONED!' in huge title type was because I wouldn't have wanted to come across as using that exchange of PMs as a public attack later.

And yes you have trolled this thread relentlessly and provided zero content.

I'm over this though, clearly there are no active moderators on this forum, so why should I even bother, just feeding trolls.

Actually, my comment about doubles to decimals was extremely valid. If you don't agree you have no business handling a financial site, period. As to whether there are active moderators?

Legitimate concerns were brought up about your exchange. CoinHunter may censor that stuff over on HIS forum because he has to suck your dick as hard as he can after doublec and Ruxum bailed, but here, the moderators have allowed relevant conversation to remain. Such as the fact that you are a business taking money with falsified domain records. Such as the fact you apparently can't explain the difference between numeric data types. Such as the fact you apparently thought I was talking about a security flaw, since you brought up CoinHunter's behavior over a supposed flaw in bitcoin.

MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 04:40:28 AM

@MrMoon

You clearly stated over and over "There are no transaction fees"

When cornered with the fact that there seems to be math errors during the conversion process, you called it and I quote
"I keep fees from every transaction".

Either you do charge transaction fees or you got caught skimming.

Which is it?

I don't keep fees from every transaction, if that is what I posted I meant to say that I don't keep fees but rather they are immediately used for network transaction fees. If I had to eat these fees I would go bankrupt, I do not keep any of the fee.

If this is really the only issue you have though, I will gladly remove that line from my advertising.

moonco.in
wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 04:40:41 AM

7. You're skimming micro amounts off the conversion transactions (didn't think people would notice). Let me guess, they're rounding errors LOL

There, Mr.Moon, as requested. Citation for math errors.

The use of floats or doubles in financial code will frequently cause this exact symptom.

[Edit: Removed orphan header line from quote]

MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 04:43:55 AM

7. You're skimming micro amounts off the conversion transactions (didn't think people would notice). Let me guess, they're rounding errors LOL

There, Mr.Moon, as requested. Citation for math errors.

The use of floats or doubles in financial code will frequently cause this exact symptom.

[Edit: Removed orphan header line from quote]

You still have yet to show any examples in my code. Do you not want to help improve my open source project? Or are you just needlessly attacking me because I have some vague association with solidcoins?

What is so ironic is that you criticize realsolid for doing exactly what you are doing right now. He refused to help Gavin out, but rather just said there was problems without ever specifying them. Its really funny in a way.

moonco.in
wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 04:47:53 AM

You still have yet to show any examples in my code. Do you not want to help improve my open source project? Or are you just needlessly attacking me because I have some vague association with solidcoins?

I was actually asking the question. And to be really, really blunt about this?

If you are running an exchange it is your responsibility to understand what the code you are using does. If you can't answer "Do you use decimal data types?" you should not be running an exchange.

The fact that all you do is spout the "open source, open source, it's your obligation to help improve it" line seems to indicate you don't even know the difference between the two. It is not my responsibility to make your site work correctly, it is _YOURS_, as you want to make money from it. If you actually want me to spend a great deal of my time analyzing your code to determine that it is free of IEEE precision errors in computation or storage, PM me for my rates.

MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 04:51:02 AM

I was actually asking the question. And to be really, really blunt about this?

If you are running an exchange it is your responsibility to understand what the code you are using does. If you can't answer "Do you use decimal data types?" you should not be running an exchange.

The fact that all you do is spout the "open source, open source, it's your obligation to help improve it" line seems to indicate you don't even know the difference between the two. It is not my responsibility to make your site work correctly, it is _YOURS_, as you want to make money from it. If you actually want me to spend a great deal of my time analyzing your code to determine that it is free of IEEE precision errors in computation or storage, PM me for my rates.

In all the time that took to type this you could have copied and pasted the issues you claim that exist and really showed me up.

I suspect the real reason you didn't paste them though is because you just made unsubstantial claims that just aren't true.

Nice job acting like real solid. Again quality posting.

moonco.in
MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 04:54:59 AM
Last edit: September 12, 2011, 04:48:16 AM by Maged

I took that off, just for you Ill say I charge a transaction fee. You would love to make it seem like I'm underhanded but that is just not simply the case.

The transaction fee pays the network fee that I'm charged for sending payments. That fee is passed on. I do not charge any additional fee ontop of that network fee, that is why I felt it was fair to claim that. If you really insist that it is not fair, fine you win. I changed it. However if you want to say that calls my character into question - well you don't really have much credibility after 3 pages of mindless trolling, copying and pasting, wild accusations, vague speculation about security issues and much more.

moonco.in
wolftaur

View Profile
September 06, 2011, 05:01:02 AM

In all the time that took to type this you could have copied and pasted the issues you claim that exist and really showed me up.

I suspect the real reason you didn't paste them though is because you just made unsubstantial claims that just aren't true.

Nice job acting like real solid. Again quality posting.

Or you could have actually read through the thread to see what I was talking about.

Someone mentioned an issue with small amounts disappearing despite you saying no fees. Because this is what it would look like if IEEE math was in use, I brought up doubles versus decimals. That is not unsubstantiated, it is posing a possible explanation for an issue someone described which you had not yet addressed.

You then stated you do charge transaction fees, which would also explain the discrepancy in the amounts.

Now you're trying to make the issue be about whether I looked into your code, and whether I'm willing to "help improve it" when in reality the issue is if you are running a business around software, the software is your responsibility, not mine.

And your statement about copying and pasting the issues I claim exist to really show you up? Bzzt. Like I said, someone described a problem, I posted a hypothesis. Instead of simply asserting that you checked the code and it does use a decimal type and that therefore isn't the issue, you demonstrate that, well.

You're even worse than RealSolid. He changed code he didn't fully understand, you're running a business using other peoples' money on code you couldn't answer a very basic question about.

MrMoon (OP)

Cosmonaut

View Profile WWW
September 06, 2011, 05:02:28 AM

@MrMoon

You sir started all of this in response to a statement I made to Coinhunter saying that with the closing of Bitparking and Ruxum that there were only three pathetic exchanges left. You sir have provided the proof for that statement.

I never called out Mooncoin, you jumped out and made a challenge as to why I said that. I simply have responded.

Well I guess that means you have to finish it right? Thats the mature way to have a discussion.

So now you are making the claim you were not calling my exchange pathetic, even though its one of three solidcoin exchanges left?

Look, I don't care if you call my exchange pathetic. I'm a open source software developer, I have tough skin. I just want to know the specifics, I want to sit back down with the code and improve it. I never wanted to get into a pissing match, when I responded to you I was looking for ways I could make my exchange more suitable for everyone.

moonco.in
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: