Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 02:47:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My country banned bitcoin. What I can do ?  (Read 3956 times)
Farhan786 (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 07:30:16 PM
Last edit: May 21, 2018, 03:32:33 PM by Farhan786

I love bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. I feel more comfortable doing so and will do whatever that I can to support it. Now tell me how can I work with Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies? Although it is illegal in my country.

My country Bangladesh.

Apologies if this is not the right place to discuss.
Thanks in advance.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Wahyud11

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:02:21 PM

See why bitcoin is prohibited
if it is prohibited for reasons that could harm the country
then I will abide by the rules of government, but if bitcoin benefit the country but bitcoin is prohibited I clearly disagree
ClaytonLWils

Activity: 123
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:16:20 PM

You better contact with the govt authority to know the reason clearly. They might restrict it to set laws. If it is for setting laws you should wait till the approval of transaction by following the laws.

◆ Dove | P-To-P Internet Sharing Network  (http://dove.network/)
Internet for anyone
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:41:35 PM

I love bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. I feel more comfortable doing so and will do whatever that I can to support it. Now tell me how can I work with Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies? Although it is illegal in my country.

Thanks in advance.
You should first of all know the reason why your country banned bitcoin in the fist place, and avoid doing that, in my opinion i don't think that any government or anyone is able to prevent people from using bitcoin, because it is decentralized that is the whole point of using it, that it can't be controlled, even if they block some bitcoin sites people could still use VPN to bypass that, so it should be useless to try and ban it.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:44:31 PM

That's quite unfortunate. I guess I don't really know what I would do in your situation. If you already have bitcoins, I think your best approach is to put them on an cold wallet and leave them there. Don't sell them or give them away just because they are illegal. That is not fair and you shoud just hide them. Don't forget that even the US, at some point in their history, ordered their citizens to give away all their gold to the state. Not much they could do, since it's hard to hide gold, but that is not the same with BTC.

I do believe that bitcoin will eventually get global adoption, and even the countries that are banning it now, will change their laws again, once big developed countries (like US, Japan, UK, etc) starting trading with BTC. Once they do that, you will b able to use your BTC again.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

G2z_Riya

Activity: 217
Merit: 14

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:46:19 PM

If that's the case what you can do is move to a country that provides the legal acceptance of bitcoin. Or else find trusted friends around the world and make your needs fulfilled through them as your country won't accept any kind of transaction happening related to bitcoin.
iyan33

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:50:43 PM

in Indonesia is also prohibited this bitcoin, somehow I do not know, but there are several causes that our government states how virtual exchange tools such as bitcoin high risk of money laundering and financing terrorism .no responsible authority, no official administrator, no underlying asset underlying the virtual price of currencies and fluctuating trading values ​​so vulnerable to risk inflation, "Not only that, BI also prohibits all service providerspayment systems and financial technology providers in Indonesia to process payment transactions using virtual exchange tools such as bitcoins. that is, bitcoin will no longer be used.
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 08:55:18 PM

Can you tell us if what country are you located at? If you're from countries that banned cryptocurrencies then it will be risky on your side since you're opposing the law on that land, you have to be careful coz once they know what you're doing then you will be lockup.

It is really hard to decide on your part, it's very unfortunate that you're in the country that has bonehead government officials.

If you have any bitcoin stored then just save it for long-term.
I can only suggest is, why don't you try to move to some neighboring country near on you (Bangladesh) that bitcoin/crypto is not banned so you will be safe for good.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:02:35 PM

Thanks in advance.
If it's illegal it means that there is no way that you can use it to purchase good and pay for services in country, but it doesn't mean that you are not able to hold bitcoins in your country and if it comes to cashing out your bitcoin when you want to, there is a lot of foreign exchances where you can do that so i suggest that you continue buying and holding.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Farhan786 (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:07:15 PM

Can you tell us if what country are you located at? If you're from countries that banned cryptocurrencies then it will be risky on your side since you're opposing the law on that country, you have to be careful coz once they know what you're doing then you will be lockup.
If you have any bitcoin stored then just save it for long-term. It is really hard to decide on your part, it's very unfortunate that you're in the country that has bonehead government officials.
Why don't try to move to some neighboring country near on you (Bangladesh) so you will be safe for good.

I am deleting my 2nd post on this topic. Because I'm afraid my identity will be known. YES, You're right. This is really hard to decide what I will do.  At this time I will hold my bitcoin. thank's for your important advice.
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
May 20, 2018, 09:23:06 PM

Thanks in advance.

what country are you talking about?

pixie85

Activity: 2142
Merit: 524

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:23:33 PM

You can do a lot of things OP. You can write a petition and have it signed by people. Maybe the government will reconsider when it finds out how many people are against its decision. You can also leave the country if you don't like its laws. I wouldn't be bullied into selling my coins only because some politician wants me to. I'd rather leave.
Elachious12

Activity: 129
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:28:00 PM

I overheard some time ago that India ban Cryptocurrency in general, but I think that must be a misconception from the side of their Government.
YED

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:28:34 PM

If your Country bans Bitcoin, transfer your Bitcoin to a wallet of a foreign country. If you want to cash in, then use third party services like Virwox to get USD in Paypal, then use Paypal to get cash in your local currency.
Bitcoin is like Torrent, peer to peer and you can’t block it. If you have access to internet, You can use Bitcoin anytime, anywhere!
crypto_nd

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

Less troubles

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:36:07 PM

Their is nothing you can do if not to abide by the rules of the country you occupy, If you really need to transact with bitcoin then you move from the country to a crypto friendly country. If not just stay safe guild your BTC and wait for change in government policy. That change will come MUST..   
Dreamchaser21

Activity: 686
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:40:28 PM

If there’s a final decision from your government then you have nothing to do with that. You cannot change the decision of your government and you must follow your government but the good thing about cryptocurrency is that, you can still use your holdings in other countries, travel and convert your bitcoin into fiat money Smiley
HiamPlutooo

Activity: 93

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:41:07 PM

Anyway, bitcoin now is worldwide. And people, who have bitcoin is anonymous. Don't worry mich about pocily of your country.
kopijos

Activity: 523
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:56:49 PM

Thanks in advance.
I have to keep working in crypto even though in your country crypto is illegal, you can work neatly and hide because if crypto gives big profit it can be done. but I think it would be better if you obey the rules of your country.

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
Mary Ofosuhene

Activity: 159

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:59:55 PM

A government within a particular country will ban an existing asset because of something that asset is doing that this same government sees it as a threat to them. This can also apply to bitcoin. I am very much sure that once the government bans bitcoin, they will put certain policies in place to check the activities of those law breakers. Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency usage or mining being illegal in your country comes with punishment once you are found as a culprit. I will advise that, you can still work and earn bitcoin and other cryptocurrency in your country but you should not do any transaction in your country. It will be better you transfer all your cryptocurrency to a trustworthy friend in another country which accepts bitcoin so that he or she can sell them for you.
jpaul

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 10:08:20 PM
Last edit: May 24, 2018, 07:24:51 PM by jpaul

Its unfortunate that your country has banned BTC, all is however not lost, there are a number of Bitcoin friendly countries you can consider moving to, Countries like japan, USA,Denmark There is litte or nothing you can do about the ban by your country but you can definately decide on which direction you'd like to go

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: