Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 12:17:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My country banned bitcoin. What I can do ?  (Read 3956 times)
Max.junior1

Activity: 134
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:29:15 PM

I love bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. I feel more comfortable doing so and will do whatever that I can to support it. Now tell me how can I work with Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies? Although it is illegal in my country.

My country Bangladesh.

Apologies if this is not the right place to discuss.
Thanks in advance.

Do not worry, as what we know that cryptocurrency (Bitcoin) is used by the world community. So if the government in your country forbids, then you can still transact with people in other countries that accept Bitcoin. You can redeem it with another currency. Because this is what I do, my country also forbids the use of Bitcoin as a transaction tool.
youngsoft

Activity: 266

View Profile
June 12, 2018, 08:52:57 PM

I don't comprehend what you can do at this moment if your nation boycott bitcoin I don't know how is the confinement to get to cryptographic money. Be that as it may, I trust soon your nation will unban bitcoin or cryptographic money since it's bad to the nationals of your nation in light of the fact that for the most part for beyond any doubt they gain cash as a result of the bitcoin.
imking

Activity: 406
Merit: 117

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 07:38:17 AM

I love bitcoin and cryptocurrencies. I feel more comfortable doing so and will do whatever that I can to support it. Now tell me how can I work with Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies? Although it is illegal in my country.

My country Bangladesh.

Thanks in advance.
It is sad to say the people on your country don’t allow to join on the crypto world. If you break the rules of your government, you know the punishment. You know the saying if you want something you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse. Use your mind and the modern technology or maybe move to another country that allows the bitcoin or maybe ask you related family on the other state that you will transfer there, and your family will remain on the other.  Think about this for your family. 
Veterock

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 10:49:52 AM

If you have enough bitcoins, then move to another country that is friendly to bitcoin)
kasemin

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:21:22 AM

The biggest problem is the adoption process will take longer and the government usually does not cancel previous decisions. You hope to see some progress in this relationship. There are many different places in Europe that accept Bitcoin as a method of payment. Perhaps the government will reconsider when knowing how many people are against his decision.
upinros

Activity: 178
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:23:30 PM

You can not change your government's decision and you should follow your government but the good thing about Cryptocurrency is that, you can still use. If you really need to transact with Bitcoin, then you move from country to country that house Cryptocurrancy.
Benladeng

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:33:45 PM

First you must understand the law first. Second, you can still use Bangladeshi friends without worrying. I believe you also know the advantages of cryptocurrency!
calandra78
Copper Member

Activity: 840
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 12:35:26 PM

Stop. because we as good citizens must be able to obey the rules. it may be that your country is studying further and temporarily prohibiting. because it is not impossible kedepanya also can be removed ban
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:08:33 PM

My country Bangladesh.

Thanks in advance.

If you want to investing your money in bitcoin, you can use credits card in exchanger. Recently, I am reading news that some big exchanger want to accept fiat money (USD) to trade in cryptomarket. i think its good development on crypto and hopely this will spread to banks
Feuerbach

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:27:54 PM

My country Bangladesh.

Thanks in advance.
Study the ban on crypto currency in the criminal code of your state and think about how it can be circumvented. Only do it very carefully)
rabs

Activity: 176
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:38:23 PM

My country Bangladesh.

Thanks in advance.

Government can ban it but cant stop it so you do it with passion and never give up,One day Bitcoin will ne legal overall in the world.Even in my country still Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies are illegal but we cant give up our passion.
Spontebob

Activity: 418
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 01:39:09 PM

That's quite unfortunate. I guess I don't really know what I would do in your situation. If you already have bitcoins, I think your best approach is to put them on an cold wallet and leave them there. Don't sell them or give them away just because they are illegal. That is not fair and you shoud just hide them. Don't forget that even the US, at some point in their history, ordered their citizens to give away all their gold to the state. Not much they could do, since it's hard to hide gold, but that is not the same with BTC.

I do believe that bitcoin will eventually get global adoption, and even the countries that are banning it now, will change their laws again, once big developed countries (like US, Japan, UK, etc) starting trading with BTC. Once they do that, you will b able to use your BTC again.

It will be better if you guys will gather people or someone who has enough influence and voice out your knowledge about bitcoin. People know bitcoin in a negative way probably because of the scammers and criminals who use it for illegal activities. Enlighten people about cryptocurrency. How unfortunate for bitcoin to be banned when it is actually very helpful for economic. For now, I think it would be better for you to follow government rules.
mardid 85

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:06:01 PM

you can do investment or trading with bitcoin in online. When you get profit you can convert in your legal currency.
Peashooter

Activity: 868
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:22:02 PM

See why bitcoin is prohibited
if it is prohibited for reasons that could harm the country
then I will abide by the rules of government, but if bitcoin benefit the country but bitcoin is prohibited I clearly disagree
There are many reason why some countries banned bitcoin and they against on it. I think the main reason is they can't control it and they can't manage it. And if your country banned bitcoin you can have some way to use it like you can hold it or you can move to another country where bitcoin was legalized.
Liona88

Activity: 73
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:25:46 PM

You should learn about why and when the law is going to affected. If it is already affected then you need to learn how long the government give time to sell or do something with your crytos.
jefrihunter

Activity: 225

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:31:22 PM

well i think you still hold some bitcoins then you should probably convert into some other altcoins like ETH or LTC whichever you think has the larger potential. You should also check through your sources that is using bitcoins banned or just mining and converting it into fiat via banks. Like most of us think that bitcoins are banned for using in china but actually only banks and institute are banned of using others are free to use, the only restriction for common people in china is of mining and converting it into fiat and As long as you can still access the exchange site and this forum need not worry too much. You just need to be quiet and do what you normally do on bitcoins

dumplingsandsushi

Activity: 476
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2018, 04:37:09 PM

I'm not familiar with how legislation works in Bangladesh, but as far as I can tell, there was only a statement issued by the central bank of bangladesh correct?
If that is the case, then they are actually not banned unless the central bank of bangladesh has the authority to write laws and enforce them.

So, the first question you should ask, is what is the actual laws and regulations in your country?
If they are not written down and ratified then they don't exist, just talking about it through announcements doesnt' mean it's an actual law.

But, back to your concern, the magic of bitcoin (and any other crypto) is that the core function of it is a p2p system.
A system that lets you cut out any and all middle men and transact directly with someone.
So actually, all of these exchanges are really just middlemen transacting bitcoin for you.

What that means, is that you can still buy and sell bitcoin directly with someone, anyone accross the world and easily go around any ban that is place.
If you don't know how to find people, just look it up.
There are tons of communities and even an ebay style place called localbitcoins.com

Hitesh shaveta ohri

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:38:31 PM

In my country India , bitcoin is also banned here. But i have heard that government is going to remove bann on bitcoin with some rules.So with the passage of time i think all over world bitcoin would be legalized.  
TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 04:50:51 PM

My country Bangladesh.

Thanks in advance.

I think if you have something that can really make a difference even if bitcoin is banned on your country i really do believe that still gathering and disseminating this information can create a big change not just to your community or in little faction groups but to the cou try as well. If we can create a community that is open and knowledgeable on bitcoin it can give us a chance to create a conversation with the governments in the world
walemil

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 05:13:35 PM

This is a serious situation and I understand how this can hinder you financially if you are the type whose source of income is solely bitcoin. Please check the details of the restrictions in your country so that you won't run fowl of the law. In the meantime, keep your bitcoin safe in your wallet as more countries are beginning to adopt cryptocurrency. If nothing changes after a long time, you may have to consider relocating to a nearby crypto friendly country, hoping you already have a good amount of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: