Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 09:01:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: A message for the something awful trolls.  (Read 5367 times)
Anonymous

August 31, 2011, 08:19:40 AM

I just want to point out the glaring stupidity of what you are doing by attacking bitcoin.

You have seemingly declared war on people who own vast sums of anonymous currency.

Probably not the brightest idea in the history of the internet. I say this not as a threat but as something you might have overlooked in your mob stupidity.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rainingbitcoins

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:32:07 AM

I just want to point out the glaring stupidity of what you are doing by attacking bitcoin.

You have seemingly declared war on people who own vast sums of anonymous currency.

Probably not the brightest idea in the history of the internet. I say this not as a threat but as something you might have overlooked in your mob stupidity.

Yes, that's exactly what Something Awful is doing by pointing out the fraudsters in your midst and other things that could hurt Bitcoin's image - declaring war.

Maybe all of those "HIT MAN 4 SALE PAY IN BTC" ads were the real deal, and SA will get what's coming to them.

This forum has gone from people suggesting SA users should have special avatars, to hauling them off to their own ghetto, and now to vague, weasely, you-never-know-what-might-happen(WINK) threats. Is that your final solution, or is there more? Because I know SA's demographic and they're really not suited for work camps.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 08:36:10 AM

You can do amazing things with a few "western" WOW vouchers purchased for BTC and a bunch of bored Chinese script kiddies Grin

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:37:11 AM

Honestly, from where I sit, it seems they declared war on Bruce Wagner, who had vast sums of anonymous currency stolen from him by the Mybitcoin guy, according to Bruce's own posts back when that went down.

And I gotta tell you, I ain't seein' a problem with them attacking someone who was convicted of defrauding the desperate and letting them become homeless.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
Anonymous

August 31, 2011, 09:01:17 AM

Honestly, from where I sit, it seems they declared war on Bruce Wagner, who had vast sums of anonymous currency stolen from him by the Mybitcoin guy, according to Bruce's own posts back when that went down.

And I gotta tell you, I ain't seein' a problem with them attacking someone who was convicted of defrauding the desperate and letting them become homeless.

I dont give a shit about Bruce.

So far today someone has called me a pedophile, that I am harboring a criminal and then posted pics on twitter and insulted my wife.

What exactly did I do to deserve this ? You think that means nothing then wait till you are the next target. These assholes are attacking the innocent.

Its all fun till some internet vigilante knocks on your door because some idiot posted lies.

libel
1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others.

Calling someone  a pedophile on twitter is an act of publishing.

Fletch

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

I'll have a steak sandwich and a... steak sandwich

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 09:08:13 AM

They're not attacking Bitcoin. They may be attacking you (I haven't been keeping up), but speak for yourself.

They have dug up enough crap on Bruce that his time as any kind of spokesperson for Bitcoin is obviously over. For that, I think we should be grateful. Thank god these things were revealed now rather than in a year or so when Bitcoin is hopefully a much bigger thing.

HashPeak - GPU mining hashrate peak detector
BTC: 1FLETCHvcUKosefrcZCLUQTtvx4WvgnYMC
Anonymous

August 31, 2011, 09:45:19 AM

They're not attacking Bitcoin. They may be attacking you (I haven't been keeping up), but speak for yourself.

They have dug up enough crap on Bruce that his time as any kind of spokesperson for Bitcoin is obviously over. For that, I think we should be grateful. Thank god these things were revealed now rather than in a year or so when Bitcoin is hopefully a much bigger thing.

Yes in that way its probably a good thing. I doubt anyone will want to be a public face of bitcoin if they are worried someone might do something to their family for speaking up.

Satoshi did a wise thing by disappearing.
Anonymous

August 31, 2011, 09:55:09 AM

You can do amazing things with a few "western" WOW vouchers purchased for BTC and a bunch of bored Chinese script kiddies Grin

lol. Like replace a sites home page with a bitcoin logo ?
Anonymous

August 31, 2011, 09:56:31 AM

Yes, that's exactly what Something Awful is doing by pointing out the fraudsters in your midst and other things that could hurt Bitcoin's image - declaring war.

Maybe all of those "HIT MAN 4 SALE PAY IN BTC" ads were the real deal, and SA will get what's coming to them.

This forum has gone from people suggesting SA users should have special avatars, to hauling them off to their own ghetto, and now to vague, weasely, you-never-know-what-might-happen(WINK) threats. Is that your final solution, or is there more? Because I know SA's demographic and they're really not suited for work camps.

Wait till you are in their sights. The days of ANYONE wanting to be  a public bitcoin person are over.
FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 10:03:59 AM

Wait till you are in their sights. The days of ANYONE wanting to be  a public bitcoin person are over.
No, if they want to be a public person they just have to DO something. They have to produce results, because in the end, actions really do speak louder than words. Would we really even be paying attention to the SA nerds if we were all doing what we are supposed to and work on our projects?  The problem with Bitcoin is that everyone wants to play speculator and no one wants to do their part. If someone comes up with a new idea they get bashed for ages, and no one in the upper level ever comes to that persons defense. People are terrified of posting new ideas without getting hounded for weeks, so I think the best solution is for everyone to only start posting threads that have full project updates, and no more of this pure garbage we have been seeing...
rainingbitcoins

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 10:40:44 AM

Wait till you are in their sights. The days of ANYONE wanting to be  a public bitcoin person are over.

I don't think I'm going to end up in their sites because I have no interest in becoming a public figure. But I do know that if every comedian quit when got his first heckler and every politician quit when he got his first bit of bad press and every inventor quit when someone told them their ideas were unrealistic, nothing would ever get done, would it?

If we get a public figure for Bitcoin who doesn't have a past filled with mortgage fraud and other questionable activities, what are they gonna call them out on? It's unfortunate that someone went after you (I'm not even sure what you do or how you're connected to any of this, actually), but 99% of their ire seems to be focused on people who are doing actual, concrete, Bad Things.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
BlockHash

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 12:14:20 PM

Yes in that way its probably a good thing. I doubt anyone will want to be a public face of bitcoin if they are worried someone might do something to their family for speaking up.

Satoshi did a wise thing by disappearing.

I honestly don't think that this will be the case. In fact, Bruce was held in high esteem by the people at SA until all of the really sketchy shit started happening. Shows never starting on time or at all, over-hyping everything, the MBC debacle, and the big announcement coming out of NY Bitcon was that they were going to spend their time travelling to vacation destinations under the banner of Bitcoin, places with no real draw for actual business or decision makers at best or havens for child sex tourism at worst. There was just too much sketchy stuff that Bruce was shilling and lets face it, beyond the first couple weeks of The BitCoinShow, there really wasn't a show to be seen - it was rehashed shit read by a man who plays on his laptop during shows.

So unless a person is going to do this kind of stuff or worse, I don't think they've got anything to worry about from anyone, SA or otherwise. Just get the fraudsters out of the mix and I think Bitcoin will thrive.
rainingbitcoins

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:04:06 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bdd74kLxgGo

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Gerken

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 01:41:01 PM

I was confused cause I had no idea who this guy was, then I saw the link in his sig, lol.  He is that guy who has been tweeting and IMing goons trying to get us to stop (stop googling bruce's name and finding all his various scams I guess). 

I personally think the whole pedo thing was a little overblown, besides there is more than enough stuff out there without that added to the mix, but this is just precious.

FAtlas

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 02:44:24 PM

I dont give a shit about Bruce.

So far today someone has called me a pedophile, that I am harboring a criminal and then posted pics on twitter and insulted my wife.

What exactly did I do to deserve this ? You think that means nothing then wait till you are the next target. These assholes are attacking the innocent.

Its all fun till some internet vigilante knocks on your door because some idiot posted lies.

libel
1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others.

Calling someone  a pedophile on twitter is an act of publishing.

I think they are just trolling you because you're a reactionary dweeb who antagonized them by sending instant messages to one of their moderators, and now you're flipping out in amusing fashion which is fueling the fire.  And now this 'vast sums of anonymous money' line, implying that you're gonna hire a hitman or something because of mean words on the internet?  That's pretty hilarious.

I do love how every lame-ass who gets trolled for acting like a weirdo interprets it as an attack against bitcoins, though.  That never stops being amusing.
Gerken

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 02:52:49 PM

I see it as their way of inflating their ego, attention whoring at its finest. 

rainingbitcoins

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 03:32:36 PM

I was confused cause I had no idea who this guy was, then I saw the link in his sig, lol.  He is that guy who has been tweeting and IMing goons trying to get us to stop (stop googling bruce's name and finding all his various scams I guess). 

Haha wow.

Something Awful harassed me and YOU MIGHT BE NEXT (if you spent half the night taunting them over Twitter).  Nice.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Anonymous

August 31, 2011, 03:33:16 PM

noagenda, you just gave them what they wanted by making this thread. You only subsidize their behavior.
rainingbitcoins

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 03:37:50 PM

You only subsidize their behavior.

Actually, according to someone else on here, the troll subsidies come from the government. Stolen straight from taxpayers like yousomebody who's actually had a job before.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
bosschair

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 03:48:38 PM

What exactly did I do to deserve this ?
I think it might have been when you started attacking people through twitter in a way that made them think you were Bruce (at the very least vehemently defending him), and then went "lol they think i'm bruce lol."  Now you're issuing vague threats.  Yeah, it's a real wonder you're getting made fun of.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: