Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 09:05:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] #coin  (Read 39678 times)
han12

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 08, 2014, 10:40:34 PM

Pound Coin
Number Sign Coin

Which one is it?
hashtagcoin (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 01:43:32 AM

Please use scrypt-jane, its very cpu friendly because it's only good for gpus in the beginning and then the gpu gets less effective with time while cpu continues being very effective.

Thanks for that idea sydeu I actually like it. Are you familiar with which coins use it and of any problems they have?
hashtagcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 01:52:37 AM

Stylish design on the logo, hope there's more to it...

Thanks for the compliment. Check out our website for more about #coin (www.hashtagcoin.org). 
coinpr0n

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 01:56:28 AM

Hash, Pound or Crunch ... Looking forward to it. CPU-only would be good for some of us.

mm2543363580

Activity: 952
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:01:36 AM

please go on

hashtagcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 02:06:33 AM

Possible other features from other innovative coins:

- Give interest back on coins for just running in your active wallet, like Philosopher Stone PHS  (they do 50%!)
- Add a stealth feature...blockchain based?
- Release only to quality exchange, or create your own?

Nice to see Devs asking for input in coin creation.  Smiley

Hash Coin, as in HSC???

Hey Stewart, great ideas there, much appreciated.

Giving interest back was'nt something I had thought about. Interesting idea. I'll have to look into how they do this. My only concern would be that would inflate the money supply and so devalue coins currently being held. This may not be a huge problem if there were alot of coins around but that is something we would need to decide - how many coins do we want the cap at.

Stealth feature ? could you elaborate on that.

Release to a quality exchange. I agree with that idea. We had been toying with the idea of creating our own exchange at this stage the cost to build and continually secure it would be too high.
hashtagcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 03:50:38 AM

Hash, Pound or Crunch ... Looking forward to it. CPU-only would be good for some of us.

The thinking is CPU mining offers the average user a chance to mine, but with pools now that idea seems to be redundant.
halibit
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:38:17 AM

The thinking is CPU mining offers the average user a chance to mine, but with pools now that idea seems to be redundant.
CPU only is not good for local miners any more. Cloud miners are take over CPU coins.
I think scrypt-jane is good for miners, and multipools can't attach it.
But all published jane coins are pre or flash mined on start, so do something for that.
Like microCoin is planning to start with ~zero blocks at first 10000 blocks and then diff and nfactor start handle the speed.
Other way to handle this, is give bigger target time, but it will slow transfer speed on the future.

Good luck with that.
StewartJ

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:39:03 AM

- Give interest back on coins for just running in your active wallet, like Philosopher Stone PHS  (they do 50%!)

Hash Coin, as in HSC???

Giving interest back was'nt something I had thought about. Interesting idea. I'll have to look into how they do this. My only concern would be that would inflate the money supply and so devalue coins currently being held. This may not be a huge problem if there were alot of coins around but that is something we would need to decide - how many coins do we want the cap at.

Release to a quality exchange. I agree with that idea. We had been toying with the idea of creating our own exchange at this stage the cost to build and continually secure it would be too high.

Thanks for getting back on my input.

The interest idea has been inplemented with the phs coin.think you would have to study
Their model to see how it works.
It think it encourages saving the coin, versus dumping at higher price.

As for building in stealth, I would look at the anon coin. They have various channel s and blockchain
stuff to help make the coin untraceable.

There is a new exchange in beta that will be carrying only quality coins, like digitalcoin, its
Called crypto avenue. Maybe they would consider a coin with genuine innovations?

I am not a miner other wise I would be interested in creating some hash coins.
But happy to help out and hope to get some early #coin donations.
Smiley

Best
Stew

hashtagcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 04:50:07 AM

CPU only is not good for local miners any more. Cloud miners are take over CPU coins.
I think scrypt-jane is good for miners, and multipools can't attach it.
But all published jane coins are pre or flash mined on start, so do something for that.
Like microCoin is planning to start with ~zero blocks at first 10000 blocks and then diff and nfactor start handle the speed.
Other way to handle this, is give bigger target time, but it will slow transfer speed on the future.

Good luck with that.

Thanks halibat. I'm starting to like the idea of Scypt-jane after reading some blogs online. It's definitely the algorithm we are leaning towards. Some good points made about pre and flash mining and thanks for the reference to microCoin , having a look at it now.
Nick51705

Activity: 40

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:11:43 AM

Please have wallets (at least Windows) ready and at least one pool set up before launch (and not like 15 minutes before so everyone is scrambling and it becomes a train wreck).

I know no one likes premining but I would like to recommend mining a few blocks beforehand so that it is tested. Maybe set the reward for first X blocks be zero or really small values.

Really the biggest things to me though are transparency, not rushing to meet a deadline, and frequent edits to first post that explain the current state of the coin. See the ronpaulcoin as an example.
hashtagcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 05:23:51 AM

Hash Coin, as in HSC???

Thanks for getting back on my input.

The interest idea has been inplemented with the phs coin.think you would have to study
Their model to see how it works.
It think it encourages saving the coin, versus dumping at higher price.

As for building in stealth, I would look at the anon coin. They have various channel s and blockchain
stuff to help make the coin untraceable.

There is a new exchange in beta that will be carrying only quality coins, like digitalcoin, its
Called crypto avenue. Maybe they would consider a coin with genuine innovations?

I am not a miner other wise I would be interested in creating some hash coins.
But happy to help out and hope to get some early #coin donations.
Smiley

Best
Stew

We wont forget you buddy  Wink
hashtagcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 05:55:38 AM

Please have wallets (at least Windows) ready and at least one pool set up before launch (and not like 15 minutes before so everyone is scrambling and it becomes a train wreck).

I know no one likes premining but I would like to recommend mining a few blocks beforehand so that it is tested. Maybe set the reward for first X blocks be zero or really small values.

Really the biggest things to me though are transparency, not rushing to meet a deadline, and frequent edits to first post that explain the current state of the coin. See the ronpaulcoin as an example.

Thanks Nick. We want to have these wallets tested and ready well before launch. I understand the frustration when things don't work or go right at launch and its not good for anybody to be involved in that. In terms of premining it is not something we want to do. We will need to pay for things such as devs, website hosting and we will need to decide how we fund these initial setup costs, we were thinking donations. We also want to actively drive marketing for this coin so it can raise itself above the rest. That is something we want to discuss amongst the community and see what people would considered fair. I've taken your advice about editing the first post and thanks for the ronpaulcoin example. Your suggestions are much appreciated.
bbmm777

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:16:12 AM

留个脚印
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 07:19:55 AM

OPTION A:
1) Pools get the sources at launch - no wallets yet (and accept only already established pools)
2) Zero reward blocks for the first 10-15 minutes so everyone can get on board and ramp up the difficulty
3) Limit the max hashes per sec the pool accepts per user and IP to somewhere around 500 kh/s
    - the big farmer you all know will obviously try to circumvent this by setting up multiple accounts
    - so require email verification for the account, and
    - open the pools for registration only 5 minutes prior to launch
4) Release source and wallets to the public 1 hour later

OR

OPTION B:
1) Release compiled wallets and source at launch
2) People can start solo mining
3) Zero reward for the first 100 blocks
3) It is built into the wallet to not accept more than 500 kh/s during the first 5000 blocks
    - obfuscate the limitation in the code a little, so it is not trivial one minute job to remove the limit
    - the limit could also be gradually removed instead all at once on 5000th block
    - this will of course be circumvented as well, but at least it will take a little time to setup multiple wallets
4) During the first 5000 blocks pools have enough time to set up, and will automatically start to operate normally after 5000th block

I know this would be a lot of work compared to default template launch, but If you don't do that, then the certain farmer might easily own 50% of the currency after 2 hours.

EDIT: if you end up doing either option, I will delete this post for obvious reasons. Smiley
hashtagcoin (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 11:19:25 AM
Last edit: January 10, 2014, 12:40:54 PM by hashtagcoin

OPTION A:
1) Pools get the sources at launch - no wallets yet (and accept only already established pools)
2) Zero reward blocks for the first 10-15 minutes so everyone can get on board and ramp up the difficulty
3) Limit the max hashes per sec the pool accepts per user and IP to somewhere around 500 kh/s
    - the big farmer you all know will obviously try to circumvent this by setting up multiple accounts
    - so require email verification for the account, and
    - open the pools for registration only 5 minutes prior to launch
4) Release source and wallets to the public 1 hour later

OR

OPTION B:
1) Release compiled wallets and source at launch
2) People can start solo mining
3) Zero reward for the first 100 blocks
3) It is built into the wallet to not accept more than 500 kh/s during the first 5000 blocks
    - obfuscate the limitation in the code a little, so it is not trivial one minute job to remove the limit
    - the limit could also be gradually removed instead all at once on 5000th block
    - this will of course be circumvented as well, but at least it will take a little time to setup multiple wallets
4) During the first 5000 blocks pools have enough time to set up, and will automatically start to operate normally after 5000th block

I know this would be a lot of work compared to default template launch, but If you don't do that, then the certain farmer might easily own 50% of the currency after 2 hours.

EDIT: if you end up doing either option, I will delete this post for obvious reasons. Smiley

Hi illodin, thanks for your feed-back. To be honest I had never considered that pools could own 50% of the coins so easily but your right. Limiting the size of the initial blocks to zero is a great idea and gives everyone a chance to get on board as opposed to the launch becoming a mad rush. Limiting the wallet hash-rate so that solo-miners get a chance is a brilliant idea. I will have to look into that and see if it is feasible to do. You obviously have a good understanding of what issues face solo-miners and your feed-back is valuable.
FiatKiller

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:18:15 PM

make sure twitter does not have a trademark on "hashtag" also...

LTC: LdxgJQLUdr8hZ79BV5AYbxkBUdaXctXAPi
MoonCoin Gambling: https://coin-horse.com/MON/
StewartJ

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 02:51:00 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2014, 03:28:21 PM by StewartJ

In terms of premining it is not something we want to do. We will need to pay for things such as devs, website hosting and we will need to decide how we fund these initial setup costs, we were thinking donations. We also want to actively drive marketing for this coin so it can raise itself above the rest. That is something we want to discuss amongst the community and see what people would considered fair. I've taken your advice about editing the first post and thanks for the ronpaulcoin example. Your suggestions are much appreciated.

Wondering if an IPO (in BTC) for the HashTag Coin would be feasible while still maintaining the coins financial integrity.

Offer an IPO in a fair publicly ledgered way, using a controlled verifiable premine to reward the initial investors, while keeping the miners motivated to mine the coin?

Would require a budget for all the initial costs: web site hosting, logo/marketing, reward for wallet, coin development, etc.

A similar example for funding a coin would be MSC, maybe we could do something on a much smaller investment scale.

Of course, it would be under the onus of "high risk, high reward, invest at your own risk."

Thoughts on this?

maco

Activity: 294

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:07:34 PM

I actually like this concept so far. Keep up the good work
EmoneyRu

Activity: 600
Merit: 500

Nxt-kit developer

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 04:22:53 PM

What would you want to see in a coin?
What would you not want to see?

I want proof of work not from calculating useless numbers.

So what?

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: