Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 10:38:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] #coin  (Read 39678 times)
suncoastbuddy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 02:57:14 AM

Important Notice

The launch date has been moved from 25th Jan by 1 week to 1st Feb 2014.

** The launch date has been postponed for 1 week. Its the long weekend in Australia and I won't have my other 2 colleagues here to assist with the launch as they will be on holiday. I also want to run the IPO properly so having more time will be beneficial.

Have patience the wait will be worth it.

It's a pity an Aussie coin couldnt launch on aust day but I will be supporting u from qld.

Please put my name down for ipo. Thanks
supersuber

Activity: 118
Merit: 104

Counterparty

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 03:30:47 AM

like C#

-kj-

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 08:16:59 AM

Please have wallets (at least Windows) ready and at least one pool set up before launch (and not like 15 minutes before so everyone is scrambling and it becomes a train wreck).

I know no one likes premining but I would like to recommend mining a few blocks beforehand so that it is tested. Maybe set the reward for first X blocks be zero or really small values.

Really the biggest things to me though are transparency, not rushing to meet a deadline, and frequent edits to first post that explain the current state of the coin. See the ronpaulcoin as an example.

Way not make a tweak to the scrypt-jane algo for the first 10000 block's, so only wallet is able to mine. Then we will have a soft start, and no rush for pools. The coin will settle, without the trouble with pools from start. If not, the first pool to compile will win all the first coins. And every one not on that pool will scream unfair launch.

Look at Vertcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404364.0 They had "CPU wallet only" from the start, and I think its one of the smoothest launch I have been on. And the coin is going very well Smiley

Winter is coming! FROZEN
hashtagcoin (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2014, 08:19:20 AM

Please have wallets (at least Windows) ready and at least one pool set up before launch (and not like 15 minutes before so everyone is scrambling and it becomes a train wreck).

I know no one likes premining but I would like to recommend mining a few blocks beforehand so that it is tested. Maybe set the reward for first X blocks be zero or really small values.

Really the biggest things to me though are transparency, not rushing to meet a deadline, and frequent edits to first post that explain the current state of the coin. See the ronpaulcoin as an example.

Way not make a tweak to the scrypt-jane algo for the first 10000 block's, so only wallet is able to mine. Then we will have a soft start, and no rush for pools. The coin will settle, without the trouble with pools from start. If not, the first pool to compile will win all the first coins. And every one not on that pool will scream unfair launch.

Look at Vertcoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=404364.0 They had "CPU wallet only" from the start, and I think its one of the smoothest launch I have been on. And the coin is going very well Smiley

Awesome advice Nick & KJ let me look into that.
donschoe

Activity: 157

Hello Coins

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 09:51:35 AM

Looks promising, subscribing Smiley

Not using Tapatalk.
r05

Activity: 193

test cryptocoin please ignore

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 10:56:04 AM

I think this is a fantastic idea.

Really looking forward to getting stuck in with this coin when it launches tomorrow. Big fan of scrypt-jane.

BTC: 18tS6E9FRnXuh4JitAJykm6YRtJRSkP6jq
XMR: 46BzjaUU1fyfFJ2b9vvg9RXUsw3XQtkaoc7cRkzYxMre69GtCaX6jg3Luc4B6ABHAaBmZNpJ4zzmAiX deGsCiXJJMniDbWE
tygarbyte

Activity: 300
Merit: 250

4mnth old Miner :-)

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 11:41:23 AM

Really looking forward to getting stuck in with this coin when it launches tomorrow. Big fan of scrypt-jane.

FYI - launch date moved to 1st Feb

I mine therefor I am Smiley - WIN : WcLLYcZfHQAMMVwiaAtMECZQh1YfCPw88g
r05

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:00:09 PM

FYI - launch date moved to 1st Feb
Just saw - no problem. Smiley

XMR: 46BzjaUU1fyfFJ2b9vvg9RXUsw3XQtkaoc7cRkzYxMre69GtCaX6jg3Luc4B6ABHAaBmZNpJ4zzmAiX deGsCiXJJMniDbWE
scrototeabaggins

Activity: 252

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 05:21:49 PM

Love the website, amazing work. Subscribing and will be mining!
achillez

Activity: 874
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 24, 2014, 06:06:06 PM

could be interesting
buaichiyuwh

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 06:55:20 AM

waiting for it. 
micryon

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 07:20:23 AM

How do we get in on the IPO?

VTC: Vi5NxyF6FPCCEQDrsDcA34P8pXe1Yck21y
PDR: PP3EQsV3oX9bBkjpsnESguMHz3tfMqHXhy PlanetDollar
AltcoinAuthority

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 07:35:44 AM

I'd like an IPO stake as well, as long as the price is right  Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
michaelsss

Activity: 293

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:33:53 AM

1% premine will be accepted .

and where's stake come from?

1: from trade fee?  ----i think no way
2: set up a other stake pool. ---maybe need control output speed of stake/

i'm interest in IPO ,please take me down
folonel

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 01:47:18 PM

Thoughts on premining

As a rough guide and for discussion Here was what I had in mind.

0.5-1% premine - (250-500K#coins).

Divided

55%(137-225k) for ongoing development and promotion (Budgeted for over 5 years)

15% (37-75K) Giveaways over 3 months
22.5% (54-107K) IPO
7.5% (16-32K) Fees over the life of the coin.

All expenditure will be available on a public ledger.

Feed-back welcome. I'll also take a vote on 0.5% or 1%.

EDIT: Correction 22.5% should be 54k-107k not 37k-75k as originally stated.

my suggestion:
please don't call it premine, you should call it IPO.

and the changes:
1-10% IPO of all #coins (NOT PREMINE!) (500k-5m #coins)

100% IPO (500k-5m #coins)

0% for ongoing development and promotion (Budgeted for over 5 years)
0% (37-75K) Giveaways over 3 months
0% (16-32K) Fees over the life of the coin.

-why is it better?
big investors will make giveaways from their own shares, because they want the coin to be big, so you should spend coins for giveaways, the community will do it if they want to see this coin success.

you dont need to reserve #coins for fees and development, because big investors and developers who will get #coins will take care of it, and if you still need to pay the fees you can use the BTC what you get cause of the IPO.

all the coins what ever be made with the title of 1%-10% premines are all dead, so lets make the first coin with the 1% IPO tag and the other 99% are POS/POW tag. There is no any coin with this titles, #coin going to be the first.

you should make a ratio based IPO, so all the 500k coins distributed based on the senders btc rate of the all.

IMPORTANT:
if you call it premined its just dead. please change all premine titles to IPO, and distribute all the "premined" coins to the IPO, don't reserve any one to yourself and to the developers. if you still need to pay the fees you should invest to the IPO too, or you can use the BTC what you get from the IPO. JUST DONT CALL IT PREMINE, AND DISTRIBUTE ALL THE COINS, DONT RESERVE ANY, NEITHER 1 IT CAN KILL A COIN IF A FOUNDER RESERVE ANY NUMBER FROM THE COIN!! IF YOU NEED COIN FOR HOSTING USE THE BTC, THE BIG STAKEHOLDERS WILL DO THE GIVEAWAYS PROMOTIONS AUTOMATICALLY, YOU DONT NEED

donschoe

Activity: 157

Hello Coins

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:01:45 PM

please don't call it premine, you should call it IPO.
if you call it premined its just dead. please change all premine titles to IPO, and distribute all the "premined" coins to the IPO, don't reserve any one to yourself and to the developers.

premine is premine whatever names you call it.

Not using Tapatalk.
DonQuijote
Legendary

Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002

♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:45:07 PM

Some pool on launch?

THE INGENIOUS GENTLEMAN DON QUIXOTE OF LA MANCHA
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚♝♞♜ BTC tip: 39gUUFdJBdKWXnLoh3PMNX9eUz3DwakBKq
xinyichao

Activity: 247

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:06:45 PM

DEV team, chinese team??

another coin made of chinese team have already made BTC exchange in wallet. #coin just follow chinese coin.
if  #coin have no new feature, it will be fail , !!
r05

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 11:19:21 AM

DEV team, chinese team??

another coin made of chinese team have already made BTC exchange in wallet. #coin just follow chinese coin.
if  #coin have no new feature, it will be fail , !!

Large red writing really won't do you any favors..

jorneyflair

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:38:19 AM

so, its still a scypt-coin
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: