Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:44:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there good sides in a war?  (Read 2533 times)
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:08:59 PM

People often talking about how USA was the good and Japan was the evil in World War 2, but when you see the history of every country involved, you start to find hard to take sides in any conflict, even though I hate nazis I can't see the Russians or Brittish or French as the good side, those were all imperialistic countries that killed and enslaved millions of people before Hitler, and kept doing so after he was gone. I believe one the biggest reasons for Hitler's rise into power was exactly Great Britain and France foreigner politics.
With regards to the Second World War and almost every other war, the aggressor is the one who brought the war and therefore the bad side, the Japanese did a preemptive strike on the USA though they were not officially in the war.
That does not make sense at all, so every independent country in the new world and africa were the bad guys declaring war in their colonizers? Also, in the Second World War the United States was more than involved with trade routes and aiding England in the war effort. The Japanese saw no other way to win the conflict but to attack first, by the way things were playing out, they had no other choice. It was attacking or being suffocated by the Allies policy.
In that case there were fighting against their colonizers for their right to rule themselves and remember with that there was no war fought between the colonists and their colonizers.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 05:58:36 PM

war always got no good side, because there will always be innocent people who will suffer from this,

Yeah and what's worse is that the people killing each other usually are fed with false sense of patriotism and being used by people who sit comfortably in their homes. Some probably don't even know what their fighting for aside from they're fighting for their country, which is a huge bs if you ask me.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
AbaraUzo

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:47:24 PM

War is sanguinary and it is all about show of supremacy out of personal vainglory, and this usually escalates to destruction of lives and properties.
During war value for lives are thrown to dust, people became faustian bargainers and sanguineous. Human beings are also turned to immolation element.
Therefore, war has no good side at all
old_lighthouse

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 06:51:13 AM

The only "good" that comes to anybody in a war is economical gain. That's certainly not actually a good thing. One of the most scary things about war is that somebody is always making money from war. Governments poor billions of dollars into their military. The money doesn't just disappear. It's almost always going to private companies. This means that it is in these companies' interest to start and continue wars. Naturally, these companies are usually close to the government and often times people from these companies get into high ranking positions. It is a sick and dirty business.
McEdward

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:34:18 PM

Are there good sides in a war?

The belief that they are no sides in a war is very popular.
Many do believe that war is bad, no matter what it is fought for.
Actually, for the ancients, a war was the last resort.
 They did not spend their time to fight all the time as we think.
Definitely, I have to give you credits when you say that some counties foreign politics are the cause of World War 2.
 This is verified.
 Moreover, I believe it is true.
Guess what? Those countries are still doing the same thing nowadays.
 Hitler is no more and found Putin.
They are pushing him like never. However, no worries. The world has changed and gradually our view of war will change as well.
valkyrie_12Vl

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:14:27 AM

i think the good and bad side of the war depends on ones perspective, if you have a bias on a side for sure that would be the good side for you but since its war in reality there would be no such thing as good side. yeah during wwII the other party only protects ones teritory but they still somehow want to annihilate the ones colonizing them, and I dont know but for me wanting to kill someone would already put a label of "bad" unto you so yeah its definitely perspective based.
MilkyMilton

Activity: 22
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 12:35:11 PM

The only "good" thing about war is when it ends.

War means a lot of misery and death for a lot of people, but sometimes war is a necessary evil. It can end oppression, tyranny, and injustice or create an environment thereof.

Basically, whether or not a particular war is a "good" thing depends on which side your ancestors were on and how long after the particular war it is.
Will09

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:00:56 PM

To me I don't think there is any good side of war,  because no matter how the war may be, there will be a lost of life, properties and lot more, only a good side of it that I can see is that, if you won the war for the purpose of what you fight for
WageBooster

Activity: 47

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 01:15:32 PM

People often talking about how USA was the good and Japan was the evil in World War 2, but when you see the history of every country involved, you start to find hard to take sides in any conflict, even though I hate nazis I can't see the Russians or Brittish or French as the good side, those were all imperialistic countries that killed and enslaved millions of people before Hitler, and kept doing so after he was gone. I believe one the biggest reasons for Hitler's rise into power was exactly Great Britain and France foreigner politics.
With regards to the Second World War and almost every other war, the aggressor is the one who brought the war and therefore the bad side, the Japanese did a preemptive strike on the USA though they were not officially in the war.
That does not make sense at all, so every independent country in the new world and africa were the bad guys declaring war in their colonizers? Also, in the Second World War the United States was more than involved with trade routes and aiding England in the war effort. The Japanese saw no other way to win the conflict but to attack first, by the way things were playing out, they had no other choice. It was attacking or being suffocated by the Allies policy.

Their other choice was to stop invading other countries during their aggressive global expansion attempts.  Japan's actions were condemned by the League of Nations so they withdrew from the organization and continued their efforts.  The US thought they were still negotiating in good faith with Japan when the attack on Pearl Harbor played out.  I get that just from a strategic standpoint, the only way to continue their world conquest was to control the Pacific and to do that they had to take out the US Pacific fleet so their only chance was the element of surprise but saying they had no other choice isn't really accurate IMHO.  They were pretty clearly the aggressors in the conflict  so they had plenty of chances to end things peacefully.
lester04

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:19:24 PM

I don't think if they're good sides in war, war is not good cause many people could die and many children will lost their parents, let us have a peaceful environment let love each other.
Coinlover9

Activity: 224
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:48:12 PM

Life on not just black and white it's various shades of grey and just like that war also has various aspects to it.you can't just paint everything back and white.throughout human history various wars have been fought and the one thing they had in common was the destruction that they carried with them.wars have liberated people and they have also enslaved them .the one statement I think holds true throughout history is that the victor writes history according to themselves .for a child it's doesn't matter who wins if their families dies that war is bad for them but for a man freedom is more important than their lives.
Vonamor_signal

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:58:06 AM

Wow, a great question.
When i was studying at a university, we had debates in history class about the war - the positive and negative sides. I had to defend the point of view that war is good.
Well, it looked challenging, but turned out that throughout history war was moving progress ahead and a good portion of inventions and progress first came as war weapons or as aid for armed forces. Later they were converted to peaceful goals. Medicine, machines, explosives and so on.

I know that is not the question of this topic, but you know this old saying: "the right one is the one who won", because you know, the winning side has to write the history. So I guess war or any conflict is inevitable - like it is inevitable that animals eat each other. Maybe there will be beter ways to solve conflicts than killing each other in future - I hope so.

Soviets and japanese both had their verisions of history - where they were very right.
Maybe UN is the good side - but it is not the side at all)
imunk

Activity: 319
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:04:33 AM

I read in the net that some good sides is the development technologies

scholars

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:09:43 AM

War for me has no good sides , war always leave people desolate , crippled economy  ,hunger and starvation and render people homeless..  War is a bad thing... There are no good sides in war.
Masterkai

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 06:15:36 AM

I think not, because in a war there are only casualties and destruction.
MarketPlaceTeam

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 06:33:27 AM

War means evil. But from every side there are good and bad guys.
However all wars sooner or later will end. And all experience will be useful for evolution.
Harz58

Activity: 122

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 05:08:23 PM

Depending on the matter at hand, I might agree there are good sides in a particular war. If a side's interest is detrimental to a large percentage of people then they are the bad side. But on the long run wars are not ever good.
old_lighthouse

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:09:10 PM

Wow, a great question.
When i was studying at a university, we had debates in history class about the war - the positive and negative sides. I had to defend the point of view that war is good.
Well, it looked challenging, but turned out that throughout history war was moving progress ahead and a good portion of inventions and progress first came as war weapons or as aid for armed forces. Later they were converted to peaceful goals. Medicine, machines, explosives and so on.

I know that is not the question of this topic, but you know this old saying: "the right one is the one who won", because you know, the winning side has to write the history. So I guess war or any conflict is inevitable - like it is inevitable that animals eat each other. Maybe there will be beter ways to solve conflicts than killing each other in future - I hope so.

Soviets and japanese both had their verisions of history - where they were very right.
Maybe UN is the good side - but it is not the side at all)

I guess that's a good point. I was just thinking of the effect of war during a war. There certainly have been some good technologies developed for war. I found a list of some technologies developed during WWII. They include the dynamo-powered torch, the Jerrycan, pressurised cabins in planes, penicillin, radar, jet engines, nuclear power, and computers. There are all very important developments. For some reason, it doesn't seem like militaries are making as many breakthroughs as they used. Is this true? What technologies have been developed recently "thanks" to war?
wattef90

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:03:30 AM

We could say that war is bad but the results sometimes could  be good. For example, the US Civil War caused an end to slavery in that country. World War II ended the Holocaust. Wars can also lead to technological advances that help society.
hygroscopicgymnasium3

Activity: 74

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:58:27 AM

Those fighting might have the good sides after all they are all humans.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: