Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:21:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are there good sides in a war?  (Read 2533 times)
Bulltomoon

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 04:26:29 PM

The war is murder unless it is made for the defense of the country.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SneakyLady

Activity: 114
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:09:14 PM

It's often hard to see it when it's happening, but there is a good side to everything, even bad things. The fact that the financial crisis of 2008 happened helped bitcoin come into existence. The ever-growing mistrust of governments is making an even more pronounced trend towards decentralization happen, putting more power into the hands of the people and making the world a less-corrupt place.
uinajoash

Activity: 9

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 08:38:48 PM

I wonder how much the Germans in Berlin, Dresden and Nuremberg felt about how helpful being white was to not being bombed. Germany was devastated by the USAF, which had the same commander&chief as the Navy. Harry Trumans reason for dropping the bomb is very well documented; and he saved millions of lives by doing so. As far as the officers go even if they were all racists their tactics were the same as the ones used against Germany so racial inferiority was certainly not a factor unless you could provide proof that the early to mid 19th century no nothings who formed the Republican Party were reborn.
mhine07

Activity: 560
Merit: 105

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 12:27:01 AM

There is no good sides in a war , its all about killing people at all.  There where a lot of casualties in the second world war many people suffers and many are killed specially innocents ones. About the power of a certain country in a war , we know that united states of america is the number one country to have the most power in a war. They have conquer many countries and regions in the world just to make them the most powerful country in the world. But now we do not know if united states of america will always be the most powerful country. There where many countries now that has power like the USA now.

michaelnova

View Profile
September 24, 2018, 08:40:56 PM

"Why do people support these far right groups", because they didn't want to be Red nor Dead. It really is about what side you choose and for the most part it was the Nazis or the Soviets. Gandhi for example did not offer any support to Britain during World War 2 as he believed that he made a mistake when he did the same in the first war. Some have even accused Gandhi of collaboration with Hitler but this has been apparently covered up by the Indian government even though their own militants, Azad Hind (also supported by Gandhi and practically covered up in order to keep Gandhi's image as likeable and purely pacific), fought for Japan and Germany at various points of their existence. But can you really blame them?
tapercha

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 07:54:17 PM

Britain's biggest problem was not enforcing equal rights in all of their colonies nor did they make India a Domain within the empire because they wanted to exploit the populace and the land. Had they agreed to workers' wages and making India a Domain then I doubt that Gandhi would want to separate from the empire. In many occasions Britain had to provide education and food from other colonies so that the populace of India so that they wouldn't starve. But the fact that the British deprived India of the one thing that the majority of their populace wanted is the main reason. I don't think the British could ever make India fully British and niether did Gandhi see himself as an Indian national. For most of his life until the final part he willingly accepted himself as a British citizen and only demanded equal rights and the acceptance of India as an equal territory in order to fix anything that the British caused or just never repaired in that colony.
Cyber_punkes

View Profile
October 02, 2018, 08:39:14 PM

There is no good sides of the war - but:

“History is always written by the winners. When two cultures clash, the loser is obliterated, and the winner writes the history books-books which glorify their own cause and disparage the conquered foe. As Napoleon once said, 'What is history, but a fable agreed upon?”
Ociwiw

Activity: 378
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 10:04:38 AM

We will always look at the wars of our states in different ways, because we have studied different stories.  Although it should be one for everyone, but nevertheless history was written everywhere in different ways, taking into account the interests of the propaganda of each state.  Wars are waged the same way, namely in the interests of each state, but there is nothing good in these wars!
Ave_Maximus

Activity: 78

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 11:58:25 PM

war is good for the weapon dealers only. there is nothing good for usual people
avbitx

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 04, 2018, 12:40:50 AM

There is no good or bad sides of war, its all about the perspective or the followings of one country.
ogneva17

Activity: 25

View Profile
October 05, 2018, 07:40:25 AM

Boйнa этo вceгдa бoльшaя бeдa и гope для людeй. мoжeт быть для тoгo ктo нaбивaeт кapмaны зa cчeт вoин этo и xopoшo, кoгдa caм cидит в дaлeкe oт peaлии и тoлькo ycпeвaeт дeньги cчитaть, нo для пpocтыx людeй этo oчeнь cтpaшнo и yжacнo.
uldahuldah

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 05:54:25 AM

I don't know. Whatever Hitler's plans for the Jews were before the war, he had his mind set in stone during the war that he wanted them gone. They had, as a scapegoat after all, unified his people and skyrocketed Germany up the economic and military ladder (amongst other important factors of course). I don't think he was interested in letting Russia survive as a country, nor any other country for that matter. He envisioned an empire greater than the Romans and a world in which space could be made for German colonies to repopulate the world. I think Christianity would have been enforced as the main religion, albeit even more skewed than what it already is - as in religious justification for everything that was done, why Aryans are the pure race, etc etc. The only reason he allowed things like Vichy France to exist was because France's colonial holdings were beyond the reach of his forces due to the British fleet amongst other things. If he had won the war, completely and totally, he would have slowly, deliberately, and surely annexed everything into a greater Third Reich and probably used most other peoples as slave labor to undertake massive projects (building cities for German colonists, etc).
primer61

Activity: 98

View Profile
October 07, 2018, 12:39:37 PM

The war is murder unless it is made for the defense of the country.

And defending your country somehow makes it justified and less of a murder? What if the government decides that the best way to defend their country is nuking the neighbouring country?

The other point is that war never ends, it just moves across the globe. At any point of time there is war raging somewhere on our planet.
And it will never stop, as now it is a form of business: selling weapons, services of private military companies, etc.
uldahuldah

Activity: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 01:27:05 PM

There are often winners and losers, but plenty of times, there are just losers. Who actually won during the Vietnam War? The United States didn't. But did the Vietnamese? After all, they were left with the horrors of communism and a communist-led genocide next door.
Md.Tanvir Ul

Activity: 280

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 06:28:02 PM

I agree that the anime is a very good one it's the best anime I've ever seen.I love it because its stories and characters are so beautiful.
FosterSofia

Activity: 70

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 07:53:07 PM

I think there are few good sides in a war:
Draining the nations labour forces
Providing purpose for life of low class individuals
Jessika L.

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:03:58 PM

It is too difficult to talk about the good sides of a war. Even if we come to something better (a better political regime, or technological advances), it is just nothing comparing to worth of millions of lifes.
FosterSofia

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 08:19:34 PM

One of my favorite parts on Civil War History is the interesting little stories about friendship between the two sides. There was a story in my local paper a while back about some Union soldiers on one side of a river and Confederates on the other. The Yanks were hanging around looking harmless enough when some of the Rebs yelled over "what are y'all doing". They said they were from Ohio and their time was completed and they were just waiting to head back home. Then one yelled over about some Tobacco. The Rebs said "yeah, we have some" and one of the Yanks said "I'll trade you this nice Knife for some". They said OK and one swam out to a rock in the center, dropped off the knife. Then a Reb swam out to the rock, picked up the knife and left the tobacco. Once the bond grew stronger, some actually got comfortable enough to swim across the river to mingle with the other side. If there is or ever will be a book on stories like these, I'll be sure to add it to my collection.
gembirdprivate

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 11:28:55 PM

You are absolutely right, I have been studying history for 11 years now, and this is a correct statement.
People who think otherwise are either stupid or have little knowledge of the history of the world during the Second World War.
Lintormi

Activity: 560
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 25, 2018, 11:39:51 AM

In war, there is only negative and nothing else, although there is one advantage for people who earn in this way. For example companies producing military equipment that have benefited from the war.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: