Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:34:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ixcoin difficulty estimate at block 20055?  (Read 2551 times)
steelhouse (OP)

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 06:31:52 PM

A new difficulty adjustment algorithm will activate on block 20055.

What will the difficulty be when it hits this?  Seems network is really slow now, but it might be Christmas again if it starts out low.  Bitcoin lovers calling this guy dumb, he was smart enough to see the problem and fix it early.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 06:54:17 PM

Bitcoin lovers calling this guy dumb, he was smart enough to see the problem and fix it early.
You better be trolling

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:03:37 PM

What will the difficulty be when it hits this?  Seems network is really slow now, but it might be Christmas again if it starts out low.  Bitcoin lovers calling this guy dumb, he was smart enough to see the problem and fix it early.

I got rid of all my Ixcoins this morning.  Since it's now following the same difficulty model as I0coins, it'll probably follow the similar valuation as well once the new difficulty algorithm begins.  Maybe even less considering the number of coins per block vs. I0.

Mousepotato
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 08:09:46 PM

So you got hold of a bunch of ixcoins and want to make a thread to push them?  Cheesy
Spacy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:12:00 PM

So you got hold of a bunch of ixcoins and want to make a thread to push them?  Cheesy

Ixcoin has the best icon of the three alternative currencies (the large Windows icon is really cool), therefore it has some value!
wolftaur

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:22:04 PM

Um... No... He wasn't.

Ixcoin became more and more impaired, blocks took longer and longer to be published, and Thomas could do nothing but sit on his hands and cry because he couldn't do a thing about it.

SolidCoin was released. SolidCoin uses code from Bitcoin and is thus open-source. SolidCoin has a rapid retargeting algorithm in it.

Thomas went "OH THANK GOD I CAN FIX MY SCAMCOIN", stole the code from SolidCoin, and stuck it in ixcoin. And he couldn't even do -that- right the first time, which is why there's a SECOND "mandatory update."

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2011, 08:28:51 PM

If people were looking at who is behind the various alternatives and what they were it should be obvious which one to try out. But good they don't more for me  Wink
Mousepotato

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:28:57 PM
Last edit: August 31, 2011, 08:41:42 PM by Mousepotato

I don't understand Ixcoin's higher valuation over I0coin, unless it's being propped up by nothing more than speculation.  I mean 96 coins per block (Ixcoin) vs. 48 coins per block (I0coin).  Shouldn't I0coin be 2x what Ixcoin is?  That's why I chose to get out while the gettin was good.  Of course by my action alone it will mean Ixcoin will double to quadruple in value with my luck Tongue

Edit: Woops, I meant 2x, not 3x.

Mousepotato
gw4tt

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:35:16 PM

i0coin is still pretty much crap though. Client crashes, bitdust is still in the code. No real developer.

At least IXCoin actually has someone that tries to fix issues.

I would rate the alts this way #1 SolidCoin #2 IXCoin #3 I0Coin
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 08:40:51 PM

I don't understand Ixcoin's higher valuation over I0coin, unless it's being propped up by nothing more than speculation.  I mean 96 coins per block (Ixcoin) vs. 48 coins per block (I0coin).  Shouldn't I0coin be 3x what Ixcoin is?  That's why I chose to get out while the gettin was good.  Of course by my action alone it will mean Ixcoin will double to quadruple in value with my luck Tongue
Maybe higher valuation but it's less profitable to mine them: http://coinotron.com/coinotron/AccountServlet?action=home

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
steelhouse (OP)

Activity: 717
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 10:24:29 PM

I don't understand Ixcoin's higher valuation over I0coin, unless it's being propped up by nothing more than speculation.  I mean 96 coins per block (Ixcoin) vs. 48 coins per block (I0coin).  Shouldn't I0coin be 2x what Ixcoin is?  That's why I chose to get out while the gettin was good.  Of course by my action alone it will mean Ixcoin will double to quadruple in value with my luck Tongue

Edit: Woops, I meant 2x, not 3x.

i think iocoin was more sour grapes that ixcoin mined 300k before starting it.  I tried to mine iocoin but could only get 2 connections to the network so I deleted the whole thing.  ixcoin has a website and a forum and some site.  As disclosure I have 1000 ixcoin, of which I brought 800 today.  But, I would like to mine if the difficulty is low enough.  That is what I am trying to figure out.
Tasty Champa

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 11:40:02 PM

the difficulty retargetting is from SC, so once that starts happening at 20055, it should see the hashrate and begin dropping considerably every 6 hours. Then when hashrate comes back up it should even out for a little while before going back up.

Technically it should start doing what is happening here in the last 2 days:
http://solidcoin.kicks-ass.org/graphs/graphs.html
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 11:41:55 PM

It has been explained many times than supply rates are not what control the price/value of an object, it's only half of the already overly simplistic supply/demand model.

Will be interesting to see how ixcoin does for itself once it steals solidcoins retargetting algorithm, I don't see it going above solidcoins already low rate, but that would still be a big increase over what it's at now. I do better at mining than speculating though so I'll be mining rather than trading much.
Tasty Champa

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 11:45:21 PM

how does one "steal" FOSS exactly? XD

As if all these people that say this, don't understand FOSS or even know what it is.
Tasty Champa

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 11:48:02 PM

would someone please write a really cool word in the next reply so I can find a way to steal it and make it mine.

The whole complaint is a Rickyism!

It Doesn't Take Rocket Appliances...
bcpokey

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 11:51:25 PM

would someone please write a really cool word in the next reply so I can find a way to steal it and make it mine.

You understand that there is a button marked Edit for posts you make right?
Tasty Champa

View Profile
August 31, 2011, 11:53:02 PM

You understand that there is a button marked Edit for posts you make right?

here.

Ricky: Oh you do, do you? No you don't. 'Cause it's fucked. 'Cause everything you assholes say, you take from books. Guess what? I don't steal anything from books. You guys, get the fuck outta here! (pushes Lahey into the car) Get the fuck outta here, I'm serious! (throws a net on Randy) And take your little net with you! (pushes Randy into the car)
wolftaur

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 01:00:37 AM

i think iocoin was more sour grapes that ixcoin mined 300k before starting it.  I tried to mine iocoin but could only get 2 connections to the network so I deleted the whole thing.  ixcoin has a website and a forum and some site.  As disclosure I have 1000 ixcoin, of which I brought 800 today.  But, I would like to mine if the difficulty is low enough.  That is what I am trying to figure out.

580K, not 100K.

"MOOOOOOOM! SOME MYTHICAL WOLFBEAST GUY IS MAKING FUN OF ME ON THE INTERNET!!!!"
wolftaur

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 01:09:05 AM

As if all these people that say this, don't understand FOSS or even know what it is.

One of the biggest advantages pushed to programmers of FOSS is that, yes, someone else can use your code, but you then get their improvements and changes too if you want them. And there are many other things as well but most of them boil down to, well...

Every piece of code I write as open-source, I open-source because my goal is the good of the community.

Thomas took code that was made open-source for the good of the community, made no improvements, contributions, or meaningful changes whatsoever. He simply re-released it to try and have it be for the good of him and only him. He wasn't trying to take Satoshi's openness and be equally open: He was trying to take Satoshi's idea and modify it for his own financial benefit at the expense of others, and he contributed nothing whatsoever in return.

Then when ixcoin blew up...

Thomas of course gives multiple speeches about how his goal was to have an exact copy of Bitcoin. Except with a different block chain. And very minor reward adjustments. He throws all that right out the window when he needs code from SolidCoin. "Yeah, I want a direct fork of Bitcoin. Oh, shit. Direct fork won't make me lots of money. Time to grab code from elsewhere."

Also, for the record, yes, FOSS can indeed be stolen, as far as the legal system is concerned. Linksys/Cisco comes to mind... And then there was another one, I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but they took open-source libraries and embedded them into a commercial application which was sold for profit, and they were slapped with a restraining order commanding them to remove all of the offending code or stop distributing software.

Tasty Champa

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 01:22:26 AM

One of the biggest advantages pushed to programmers of FOSS is that, yes, someone else can use your code, but you then get their improvements and changes too if you want them. And there are many other things as well but most of them boil down to, well...

Every piece of code I write as open-source, I open-source because my goal is the good of the community.

Thomas took code that was made open-source for the good of the community, made no improvements, contributions, or meaningful changes whatsoever. He simply re-released it to try and have it be for the good of him and only him. He wasn't trying to take Satoshi's openness and be equally open: He was trying to take Satoshi's idea and modify it for his own financial benefit at the expense of others, and he contributed nothing whatsoever in return.

Then when ixcoin blew up...

Thomas of course gives multiple speeches about how his goal was to have an exact copy of Bitcoin. Except with a different block chain. And very minor reward adjustments. He throws all that right out the window when he needs code from SolidCoin. "Yeah, I want a direct fork of Bitcoin. Oh, shit. Direct fork won't make me lots of money. Time to grab code from elsewhere."

Also, for the record, yes, FOSS can indeed be stolen, as far as the legal system is concerned. Linksys/Cisco comes to mind... And then there was another one, I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but they took open-source libraries and embedded them into a commercial application which was sold for profit, and they were slapped with a restraining order commanding them to remove all of the offending code or stop distributing software.

The argument doesn't relate to ixcoin though or i0coin or even solidcoin though.

It's darwinism, he (ixcoin guy and team) is just making sure ixcoin survives, just like i0coin and solidcoin.
But anyone saying anything about stealing is completely wrong, and honestly look very much like stooges.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: