Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 01:58:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What defines a successful ICO?  (Read 265 times)
AcademicResearcher (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:22:06 AM

What do you think is a better definition of success in an ICO? The amount it raises or whether the token is ultimately listed on an exchange?

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3163849 "Are Blockchain Crowdsales the New 'Gold Rush'? Success Determinants of Initial Coin Offerings"

This paper argues eventual trading status is more important. 
rahutomo

Activity: 182

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 02:38:55 AM

Depending on your position now ..
If you are an investor, Progress prices are more important than exchange listings.
But if your position, is a prize hunter, then listing exchange is the most expected.
that is my opinion.
JoniPopens

Merit: 10

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 12:23:07 PM

Many have a rumor about the fact that 90% of ICO is scam, fraud. On the wave of excitement, many ICO campaigns collected millions of dollars, after which the founders dissolved in the fog. Therefore, it is important to understand and correctly assess the potential and risks of the project. Important criteria ICO, consisting of five indicators:
The team;
Availability of a working business model;
The structure of the ICO;
Communication;
Whitepaper.
Each ICO project is evaluated on all five points, so if there are no questions on all 5, then it can be said that it is successful!
berezov_petro

Activity: 140

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:05:07 PM

What do you think is a better definition of success in an ICO? The amount it raises or whether the token is ultimately listed on an exchange?

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3163849 "Are Blockchain Crowdsales the New 'Gold Rush'? Success Determinants of Initial Coin Offerings"

I think that the ICO is successful when collecting a heavy cap, I think it is one of the best indicators. Also, a successful project must have many supporters and benefit people.

Javanewstar

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 01:06:46 PM

Perhaps for most people, liquidity is the most important thing.
In my opinion, a good team is the key.
A good roadmap determines whether the project is capable of being implemented.

Milenyto

Activity: 120

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:57:54 PM

Successful ICO is useful idea, skilled team and perfect PRO. Unfortunately, there are too little really successful ICO at this time.
marydarli

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:49:48 PM

Verasity Online Video Paid Subscriptions Built Directly Into Verasity. Verasity Supports their favourite Creators so they can keep making the videos they love. See More

jdarren

Activity: 296
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:53:54 PM

I think it should be both but it all comes down to communication and progress. As long as they are proactive about partnerships, listings, and dev, that's always a good sign. One project lately that has been doing that is Havven. Great project that is really pushing forward. https://havven.io/
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 1139

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:57:38 PM

Hitting up hardcap and listed on exchanges is indeed considered to be a successful ICO but if we do really mean or dig in deeper the true meaning of success then it would matter on how the project is doing, if it totally followed its project plans or road map on makingg such development.If it does then i would say this would really be a legitimate one because there are lots of coins in the market seems like to forget on what they do promised when they are still on funding state.

palle11

Activity: 2338
Merit: 332

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 07:58:33 PM

If you are an investor, Progress prices are more important than exchange listings.

Even exchange listing shouldn't be utmost thing at this moment but an exchange with good volume.

To me, I won't make a dichotomy but to simply say that a successful ico is the one that keeps to its promises, from dates, exchanges to be listed on in their road map. Keeping to everything in the white paper in general and not to vary it with time and lying to investors.
miraxgr

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:03:47 PM

When choosing an ICO project, I am guided by two main parameters. This is the project team and the technical side of the project. In the first case, you need to pay attention to: the publicity of team members, the presence of a portfolio of team members and the openness of team members, their willingness to communicate. In the second case, you need to evaluate:
1. The quality of the ideas. It is preferable to choose projects whose creators can already present to the public any model or prototype of their development by the time of the ICO. On the basis of this it is possible to assess the potential of the idea and the feasibility of its further development. If the authors of the project are scattered in beautiful promises, have a bright presentation and nothing more, then such projects are better to avoid. The risk of investing in startups is already very high, but in the absence of concrete evidence that the developers are really capable of something, it increases many times.
2. Project development plan (so-called"road map"). The founders of the startup should specify its prospects, development strategy, specific goals, indicating the terms of their achievement and the steps that will be taken for this.
3. Project source code. If you are going to invest in the development of a fairly large amount, it is useful to check its source code. You can bring in a special person for this. Usually all projects place their codes in the public domain on Github'e.
4. White Paper. It contains a description of the project, investment proposal and other information.
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:08:57 PM

An important factor is the amount.
When choosing ICO, before investing in it, I always look first at the composition of the team, rating...

IrenNTA

Activity: 364
Merit: 101

"One Token to Move Anything Anywhere"

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:09:54 PM

Successful ICO for me is a project that allows to join as much investors as possible like if was in Fusion. It's better when a project doesn't have any presale or private sale bonuses, or they are locked for several months. And also successful ICO should plan their listings on good exchanges, the best example of a good marketing is LibraCredit.
cryptoknows

Activity: 277
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:11:15 PM

Pretty sensitive subject. Sometimes downright bad projects gathered softcap going to the exchange and collect their "x's", but was later lost while receiving an excellent income for the team and for the few investors. But such projects do not achieve great goals. And it happens so, amazing and unique projects completely lose their value when they enter the stock exchange and only after the final launch of the project and the appearance of the product, they gain momentum and fix the value of the token on the market. It's all very random.
Yalovtsev

Activity: 644

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:20:29 PM

Well, firstly the Idea, how much it is interesting to the market and investors,then what team is implementing this project,its pridyduschy experience,projects that they have implemented,so to speak white paper,and of course generally the opportunity to date technically do something about h they say,as can technically it is not yet possible.

SloggerSasha

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:28:24 PM

I think that ico will be successful only when the project is will be needed by society. so my choice fell on the project PAVOCOIN, if you have not heard about it, then I advise you to get acquainted and you will understand why I think so.
Alex_ODN

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:30:43 PM

1.Team
2. Roadmap
3. Product (MVP)
Last investment Welltrado.
WhoAmAi

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 08:40:57 PM

of course sales. If all tokens are sold out, then the ICO can be considered a success. yes at least at least until hardcap.
dobolspeed3

Activity: 714

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:06:27 PM

I see many successful ICOs that are factoring it all. An example of the promotion of ICO itself. The vision and mission of an ICO fore how. An investor certainly sees it all in order for him to invest in a truly potential ICO. Behind it all the TEAM of the ICO is very influential. Because if the person is not experienced in the field would be one of the reasons the ICO will fail. And many more of course that affect the successful ICO.
terzy

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 09:11:28 PM

To launch a successful ICO, you will need to build trust among your audience, and have a clear understanding of some risks dealing with people’s money! Even if ICOs fall in a regulatory grey area, make sure you understand the risks and the continuous evolution of the regulations. Listing clearly all major team members, developers, and advisors, with their profile, will help your community and early adopters to assess the credibility and likelihood of success of your project. Being able to showcase a working product to your audience is by far the best scenario to gain traction and build trust within future buyers. Also, share your White Paper and a roadmap.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: