Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:01:11 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What defines a successful ICO?  (Read 265 times)
vrabac68

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:15:28 PM

There are so many things but mostly is the team,idea,whitepaper,MVP.And also usecase for future.There are so many good ones where they sell only to accredited investors and we cant invest but there are some good ones where we can invest like AITHEON
abake

Activity: 555
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:15:57 PM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion here though, we have several signs of recognizing a successful ICO. From my own opinion, reaching the hard cap during the crowdsale is a great sign, listing successfully on good exchanges and finally doing multiple times from the ICO price on exchanges.

[ IQ ]           cash            ▐               THE MASTERNODES CRYPTOCURRENCY
                          ⚫   t e l e g r a m   ⚫   f a c e b o o k   ⚫   t w i t t e r                         
[ LISTING ON : P2P [ P ] B2B ]  ◾  Discovering millionaires’ secret with IQ.cash
allthebitandbobs

Activity: 1162
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:17:27 PM

A successful ICO is one that actually produces the product it promises to make and make back its investors

SPIN

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
     ▄███████████████████▄
   ▄██████████▀▀███████████▄
   ██████████    ███████████
 ▄██████████      ▀█████████▄
▄██████████        ▀█████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▄▄    ▀▀▀███████
█████████▄▄  ████▄▄███████████
███████▀  ▀▀███▀      ▀███████
▀█████▀          ▄█▄   ▀█████▀
 ▀███▀   ▄▄▄  ▄█████▄   ▀███▀
   ██████████████████▄▄▄███
   ▀██████████████████████▀
     ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
RIUM
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
SAFE GAMES
WITH WITHDRAWALS
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
       ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄  ▀▀▄
█    ▄         █   ▀▌
█   █ █        █    ▌
█      ▄█▄     █   ▐
█     ▄███▄    █   ▌
█    ███████   █  ▐
█    ▀▀ █ ▀▀   █  ▌
█     ▄███▄    █ ▐
█              █▐▌
█        █ █   █▌
 ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄▀
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
QueenW

Activity: 952
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:17:58 PM

I believe that the most important guarantee for the success of the project is its development team. Other factors also affect the success of the Ico. But the people who create the project is the most important thing.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
JulkaEsya

Activity: 476
Merit: 13

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 11:29:30 PM

If the end result of the product is well established in the market and represents this product-the coin will be strong and will be able to further growth this is the main definition of a successful campaign. But this coin will need to be constantly maintained and improved in the main product for continuous growth!!
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2018, 11:33:13 PM

What do you think is a better definition of success in an ICO? The amount it raises or whether the token is ultimately listed on an exchange?

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3163849 "Are Blockchain Crowdsales the New 'Gold Rush'? Success Determinants of Initial Coin Offerings"

This paper argues eventual trading status is more important. 

honestly, think it depends on how much and how fast the fund raised into the ICO, because that terms can make the team and investor of the ICO optimists that projects will be running as expected. Faster the tokensale closed then im sure the projects will follow as in the roadmap
asepsetiawan1990

Activity: 532
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 12:02:08 AM

ICO should be a way to provide opportunities and simplicity to create and build projects that benefit everyone. the nature and criteria of man himself is indeed different. let alone in cryptocurrency. everything is possible. It is none other of us who must be wiser in making decisions
EmmanCryp

Activity: 471

QUUBE — First&Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 07:53:03 AM

A successful ICO is an ICO that reaches softcap / hardcap in its crowdsale, gets listed in a reputable exchange (not etherdelta or forkdelta) and manages to trade above ICO price so that investors are in profit.

┈┈┈┈┈ QUUBE ┈┈┈┈┈
First & Only Quantum Resistant Ecosystem
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
keazetap

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 12:40:24 PM

Why do not you know about the promising crypto currency that can help you change your life for the better? Do not waste time - DATABLOCKCHAIN
 https://www.dbc.io
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3637821.0
ernoo

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:44:54 PM

I think, that it is not that hard to raise a lot of money in an ICO anymore, but to be succesful in the long term, get into nice exhanges, improving the product according to the roadmap, that makes in ICO succesful.
SHawk

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 12:47:55 PM

To me, what defines a successful ico is how well developed it is, the effort of the manager and management team to coordinate the participants that help promote the project, how much people accept and believe in the project stability, the white paper, the roadmap, the exchange where it is listed and the rating and how much they keep their promise to participants.
rickn

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:55:01 PM

Many factors are crucial to the success of an ICO and I highlight the quality of the project and if it solves any problem, the competence and experience of the team, a good marketing and a hardcap that is not exaggeratedly high.
verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:38:19 AM

What do you think is a better definition of success in an ICO? The amount it raises or whether the token is ultimately listed on an exchange?

https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3163849 "Are Blockchain Crowdsales the New 'Gold Rush'? Success Determinants of Initial Coin Offerings"

Thank you for your simple question that is the great Dilemma of our crypto-enthusiast community and that it will have several opinions from every point of view.
I believe that an ICO is successful when it offers its fully functional project at least in the medium term and that the Token price does not lose its price and value.

verita1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 81

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:43:14 AM

Many have a rumor about the fact that 90% of ICO is scam, fraud. On the wave of excitement, many ICO campaigns collected millions of dollars, after which the founders dissolved in the fog. Therefore, it is important to understand and correctly assess the potential and risks of the project. Important criteria ICO, consisting of five indicators:
The team;
Availability of a working business model;
The structure of the ICO;
Communication;
Whitepaper.
Each ICO project is evaluated on all five points, so if there are no questions on all 5, then it can be said that it is successful!
Very good answer! When "Availability of a working business model" is missing; Many times we see the following panorama:
 "Token price": If these ICO are following their RoadMap, why the price of their Tokens goes down after the ICO? When exchange? The expected exchange that will cause the token to be recognized by the trading community based on its price and value and if the exchange does not arrive, what increases the price of the token and only remains far from what was expected. What about the investors of these ICO? Hold for a long time. What is the waiting time to properly say that the ICO was a total success? And to say: I have joined an excellent project and I am a happy Token holder of "X" because my investment was worth it.

tonyja2017

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 02:47:50 AM

Successful ICOs are when they have a great team and great ideas. It's like a newly formed company, it needs a good team to handle things quickly and the idea must be different to attract investors.
Investors need the difference and the work experience of a startup group. This is a valuable foundation to make the ICO project successful.

8count

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:12:56 AM

Hitting their hard cap and getting listed on a good exchange are a good starting point. Then being able to meet key roadmap targets, decent trade volume and producing the product would be a successful ICO to me. Unfortunately not many are able to complete all these things and as 2018 continues on I feel i'm seeing less and less of them.
UAE Seasider

Activity: 700
Merit: 110

Helios Protocol https://discord.gg/cpzAEMB

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:15:54 AM

From the companies point of view a successful ICO is one where their Hardcap is reached within the timescale of the main sale. Also, you could argue that if they complete the sale without any server outages or phishing sites stealing from investors this would be the ultimate.

HELIOS PROTOCOL ★ ✅[DAG]✅[BLOCKCHAIN]✅[PoS]✅[Masternodes] ✈✈✈[weekly Airdrop][join our discord to qualify]✈✈✈
 ▬▬  Mainnet Launched  |  Parallel Blockchain  ▬▬ 
 ▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐ Website  |  Github  |  Bitcointalk  |  Bounties  |Discord  |  telegram▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐
Tuare aget

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:19:11 AM

I think both. Because without one them the ico could not reach success. For example, without raised in crowdsale the ico token could not list in the market or exchange. And also if the ico raised much but its not listed in exchange because of team or other reason, we can not say its success ico. So both of them is reference and can not be separated.
jas2017

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:27:00 AM

i can say if you give all the benefits to your investors. and listing to a good exchanger in the market. creating a good build up of your team, white paper, strategies and so on. be always fair to your investors so both can gain more better future.
Hellobx

Activity: 224

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:27:16 AM

In my opinion, a good ICO project can bring me the return of X5.
Then the ICO project that allows me to make money is a good project. Grin

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: