Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:52:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: So, nobody really gives a crap?  (Read 5541 times)
loopgate88

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:38:26 PM

Idk, I was just kidding, I have no fucking clue. I just don't like China and I could care less what they do

Maybe you should start caring... I mean, just in case you are holding BTC Wink

When looking at this >>> http://bitcoinity.org/markets/list?currency=ALL&span=3d <<< I think there is enough said as far as I am concerned.

Good Luck everybody

Perfect example of the huge mistake it is to ignore China's role in the current price. Selling now until China's correction happens is the smart thing to do. January 2014 is a terrible month to buy cryptos.
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
loopgate88

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 11:41:38 PM

But as OP said, nobody really gives a crap...
Kungfucheez

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 05:28:50 AM

Idk, I was just kidding, I have no fucking clue. I just don't like China and I could care less what they do

Maybe you should start caring... I mean, just in case you are holding BTC Wink

When looking at this >>> http://bitcoinity.org/markets/list?currency=ALL&span=3d <<< I think there is enough said as far as I am concerned.

Good Luck everybody

Perfect example of the huge mistake it is to ignore China's role in the current price. Selling now until China's correction happens is the smart thing to do. January 2014 is a terrible month to buy cryptos.

As the price starts to rebound.........

In all seriousness, I still could care less, and so should you.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:02:35 AM

Yeah. China was lost once and came back to life again. But only to go to hell next time I guess. Moreover, I cannot see any serious investors joining the market anymore. Nobody seriously wants to deal with this insane volatility. Latter is also the reason why BTC will never ever be a widespread currency leaving it just as that what it is. A speculative toy for criminals and banksters.

And I start realizing that the market is deeply manipulated by individuals who are going to teach us a very painful lesson. The only question is not if but when they gonna let the whole thing burn down to its digits and letters.

Serious investors any more? There are hardly any yet, especially any tied to institutions. Bitcoin as a whole is chump change and a dot on the financial map. This is still the absolute wild west and will be for a while to come.

There's no point in treating it like any other market. It's still in its absolute infancy. You should be stoked that you're here to witness it.

+1
kkaspar

banned but not broken

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 06:24:03 AM

I mean about the Chinese deadline on January 31st...

When searching the forums, it just seems like nobody really cares and I was wondering why. Am I missing something here or is this some sort of tabu that mustn't be discussed, so that we can keep on dreaming about 10K+  Huh

Can ANYONE give me a single convincing and profound reason why the market should not entirely collapse by the end of this month LATEST?

I used to be a BTC bull myself by the way, but serious doubts about BTC surviving 2014 kinda took over recently.

Looking forward to your replies.

Cheers

Nice to see some common sense Smiley Most of the people buy or sell based on graphs and on what everyone else seem to be doing. What most fail to realize tho, is that "everyone else" are actually small groups of people with goals of market manipulation. Bitcoin and Litecoin has been hoarded to this extent that small communicative groups actually have total control of the market. They can keep the price up artificially because their actions mater to an extent where the actions of others won't even create a tent in their control. This allows them to keep the price up even with solid facts that a big part of bitcoin value will soon drop because of the loss of Chinese markets. And this will make the sheep feel secure and they start to believe that Chinese markets aren't important at all and they start investing with new funds. This all will lead into the situation where the controlling groups can dump with a lot better profit when they would have dropped right away when facts of coming fall were presented.
I also doubt that the crash will be exactly before Chinese new years when everyone will expect it. I think there will probably be a week or so, before everyone will truly believe that the Chinese markets were meaningless and then we will have a 48h long drop, full of fun little bulltraps Smiley
grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 07:27:38 AM

Family is huge in China and there's already mfrs with gov't friends/relatives making the case to allow digital currency because it stands to directly impact their bottom line and the bottom line of all those indirectly associated.  The world stage matters more today than it did in the past to China.. BUT... it is families that make shit happen over there. 

I think China will change their stance on digital currency after video card, asic, and other tech mfrs appeal.

The only thing China has done is to put on the brakes to see what's coming around the corner.  They'll ease off and hit the gas when they see it's safe or worth the risk.

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 08:09:21 AM

I really don't care the little swings of daily price because I am not planning to convert any Bitcoin back to FIAT.
Why would you go back to an artificial, centralised, controlled and taxed money ?
It is obvious that Bitcoin will last much longer than Dollar, Euro or any FIAT.
Crypto-currencies are on an other scale, on an other level.
People will come to Bitcoin, it is only a matter of time. Therefore the value of Bitcoin/Crypto can only go up on the long term.

Understand that idea and stop worrying in front of USD/BTC charts.

Your life is now better.
BTCalexxx2.0 (OP)

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 03:53:54 PM

Your life is now better.

No doubt about that  Grin

I do agree with most of what you are saying and if you'd ask me I never would go back. However, Bitcoin's major advantages over Fiat are also its biggest risk. Taking the actual situation into account, it seems very questionable if BTC will survive USD and EUR. At least on today's price level.

Of course it's not only the Chinese. Another big thing which becomes more and more obvious is that bitcoins are never going to be a wide-spread currency. Accepting BTC as a business is a gamble that only a few are willing to take. And for those it's more a publicity stunt than anything else.

Moreover, the simple truth is that the established financial system won't just be standing aside and watch how their power is slipping. Those structures will only tolerate Bitcoin until they have learned everything about the technology to put up something similar themselves. With a market capitalization of $11 billion the whole thing is still a very tiny niche which they can easily squash within a few days if necessary. Underestimating the power of the international banking cartel - as so many do - is just hilarious.
BTCalexxx2.0 (OP)

Activity: 97

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 04:11:16 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2014, 04:30:36 PM by BTCalexxx2.0

And this will make the sheep feel secure and they start to believe that Chinese markets aren't important at all and they start investing with new funds. This all will lead into the situation where the controlling groups can dump with a lot better profit when they would have dropped right away when facts of coming fall were presented.

I also doubt that the crash will be exactly before Chinese new years when everyone will expect it.

Agree. Two scenarios very likely to happen. Obviously, the question is not if, but when we gonna see a huge drop..

Besides, the ongoing market manipulation is another big danger to the survival of Bitcoin. People are not dump (edit: but brainwashed Wink) and most do not want to deal with stuff connected to illegal activities. In the early days, BTC was basically associated with drugs. And it won't be long until Bitcoin will be looked at as just a tool for scammers and financial crime. By the way, I am very curious when the Mt.Gox crap finally hits the fan.
grendel25
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:10:40 PM

It has been estimated that 15% of the world economy can be attributed to organized crime (ref. TEDtalks).  Take away cryptocurrencies influence and that statistic won't change much.  Eliminating cryptocurrency is more damaging to the greater good.  Most folks get this but every village has an idiot or 500M.

..EPICENTRAL .....
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
Kungfucheez

Activity: 98

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:18:23 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 02:31:47 AM by Kungfucheez

China may have the 2nd largest nominal GDP and PPP GDP, behind the US, but they are still like what, 90th when it comes to GDP per capita. Meaning, even though the country itself might import and export a vast quantity of goods and services to the world, many Chinese people have a very low standard of living and little disposable income. Hopefully that will change as time goes on, but as of now no, I don't really care what China does
grendel25
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:48:03 PM

China may have the 2nd largest nominal GDP and PPP GDP, behind the US, but they are still like what, 90th when it comes to GDP per capita.

I agree and it always made me laugh when people act so threatened at the scenario of China emerging as the dominant world economy.  It's long overdue for them and who cares?  They have 1B+ humans and so much potential.  

Regarding btc, China is still a significant economic impact but the symbolic impact is just as important.  

But to answer the OP more directly: No, I really don't give a crap.  People really need to look at the big picture and ALL current events.  Consider things like Coinbase, Overstock, the number of online retailers accepting varying cryptocurrencies.  

If China banned computers would you stop using them?  If China banned comic books would I stop reading them?  If China banned free speech... oh wait, nevermind.  China was supposed to be departing from their 'we are an island' mentality but obviously some habits die hard.

..EPICENTRAL .....
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄