Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:18:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buy anything from my store and get paid 1 BTC  (Read 2754 times)
Xenland (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1003

I'm not just any shaman, I'm a Sha256man

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 03:27:34 AM

Not sure if someone told you yet by the way, but there's a 'laptop' for sale which only shows a picture of a mouse.

I was not aware of this
Would you mind PMing me the link to this product so i can have this fix?
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
elggawf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 03:50:09 AM

lol not trying to troll you im just saying, unless california has implemented some new law and has the technology and the man power to pull it off to actually tax your btc income then NO its not taxable...

Im not sure what the state tax forms look like but im looking at the federal 1040 right now and NOWHERE do i see "BITCOIN" anywhere on it....

.... of course you don't, because your taxes are due in USD? If your argument is that because the IRS don't ask about it, that you don't owe it - that's fucking stupid. You're supposed to pay tax on barter as well, you're supposed to figure out the USD value of whatever you bartered and claim it accordingly. Personally as far as income tax goes, I would just claim the amounts of the conversions to USD that you have to make, and for fuck's sake don't keep any books in BTC in case you get audited. However, there's something to be said about taking tax advice off the internet - it's worth about what you paid for it. If OP makes more than a few hundred bucks off this venture he really should go speak to a tax accountant/attorney instead.

As I said, the California State Board of Equalization are animals - they make the IRS look like a bunch of free-love hippies. They have zero qualms about putting a ramen-profitable small business out of business if the state doesn't think it's getting it's "fair" share.

But by all means, dodge all the taxes you like, just don't go telling people it's a good idea - particularly not when they live in California.

^_^
skilo

Activity: 321

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 03:57:49 AM

lol not trying to troll you im just saying, unless california has implemented some new law and has the technology and the man power to pull it off to actually tax your btc income then NO its not taxable...

Im not sure what the state tax forms look like but im looking at the federal 1040 right now and NOWHERE do i see "BITCOIN" anywhere on it....

.... of course you don't, because your taxes are due in USD? If your argument is that because the IRS don't ask about it, that you don't owe it - that's fucking stupid. You're supposed to pay tax on barter as well, you're supposed to figure out the USD value of whatever you bartered and claim it accordingly. Personally as far as income tax goes, I would just claim the amounts of the conversions to USD that you have to make, and for fuck's sake don't keep any books in BTC in case you get audited. However, there's something to be said about taking tax advice off the internet - it's worth about what you paid for it. If OP makes more than a few hundred bucks off this venture he really should go speak to a tax accountant/attorney instead.

As I said, the California State Board of Equalization are animals - they make the IRS look like a bunch of free-love hippies. They have zero qualms about putting a ramen-profitable small business out of business if the state doesn't think it's getting it's "fair" share.

But by all means, dodge all the taxes you like, just don't go telling people it's a good idea - particularly not when they live in California.

What you say is true but still there would be no way to know how much bitcoin someone made from a sale of goods unless the person kept records on it.

Bitcoins aint cash the only trail they leave is in the block chain and good luck keeping track of that lol.

I agree with what you say, its best you go ahead and do your taxes even if in reality there would be little evidence to prove a sale ever took place anyway lol.
elggawf

Activity: 308

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 04:03:22 AM

What you say is true but still there would be no way to know how much bitcoin someone made from a sale of goods unless the person kept records on it.

... and what I'm saying is that from my 3rd party experience with the BOE in California, it sounds like they're not averse to just making shit up if you can't produce figures they like. So "no proof" isn't really a defense at all, and it's not exactly "innocent until proven guilty" with them either, the onus is on you to cover your ass.

^_^
skilo

Activity: 321

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 04:11:11 AM

... and what I'm saying is that from my 3rd party experience with the BOE in California, it sounds like they're not averse to just making shit up if you can't produce figures they like. So "no proof" isn't really a defense at all, and it's not exactly "innocent until proven guilty" with them either, the onus is on you to cover your ass.

Well california sucks anyway, I give it another 5 years and will be little more than an extention of mexico...
helloworld

Activity: 266

View Profile
September 01, 2011, 04:31:23 AM

Not sure if someone told you yet by the way, but there's a 'laptop' for sale which only shows a picture of a mouse.

I was not aware of this
Would you mind PMing me the link to this product so i can have this fix?

Done.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: