Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:02:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2014-01-09 DataShell Press Release - Customers are actively leaving Dropbox...  (Read 820 times)
DataShell.co.uk (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2014, 02:39:53 PM

Press release from our website:

Customers are actively leaving Dropbox to use our service, and reporting a better experience!

Relentless Software limited, a Brighton based games developer and one of our customers, have just moved away from Dropbox. They are not the first! But Relentless have said they are keen for us to blog about this as they are genuinely upset with the level of service they have received from Dropbox.

Yesterday Relentless shared a 1.4GB file with 400 of their customers using a Dropbox public link. Dropbox then suspended their account claiming they were using too much bandwidth.

We leapt to their aid, setting them up an account allowing them to share their files via DataShell. The whole service was up in minutes and with no limit on bandwidth Relentless can have as many customers as they want downloading at maximum speed.

"After sharing a file on Dropbox we found that within 24 hours our public sharing facility had been suspended. This could have caused a huge customer support problem as our customers began to complain about a broken link. However, Datashell was not only able to share the files instantly and with no limitation, but that we had no problems reported from our customers either." – Andy Eades, CEO, Relentless Software

Relentless have allowed us to share the file to readers of this article. It’s a windows version of their hit game Blue Toad Murder Files ‘The Mysteries of Little Riddle’. See here for a video trailer for the game or here to purchase a copy on iTunes. Or a full free windows version is available here hosted on our Datashell servers.

Users will be able to download this file an unlimited number of times because DataShell is a truly unlimited service.

Follow this link to access a free trial copy of this game and judge Datashell's download speeds for yourself.

Our intentional customers are consistently reporting excellent download and upload speeds. This is because our UK servers are peered with faster networks and have multiple entry points. DataShell is a truly unlimited service.

Join the revolution, join DataShell today.

We are a UK based company offering unlimited data storage and backup for Bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TraderTimm
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1121

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 05:19:32 PM

I haven't tried your service at all, but honestly - why post it here?

We keep treading the line between real News and PR pieces. You admit its a Press Release, which annoys me to no end that it is in here.

fortitudinem multis - catenum regit omnia
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 06:47:38 PM

We keep treading the line between real News and PR pieces. You admit its a Press Release, which annoys me to no end that it is in here.

That drivel was in no way a press release, but you're still right, it doesn't belong in service announcements. Yet another instance of people figuring they'll establish themselves by strongly implying they're great because their friends seem to think so.

See here, OP.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: