Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:50:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Tom Williams ~ The Smoking Gun(s) or Phin's Pholly  (Read 16250 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
September 22, 2011, 03:12:41 AM

What ever happened to NewLibertyStandard?: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=26

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
September 25, 2011, 01:53:59 PM

Wagner's statement that the system stopped sending payments and was still accepting payments in the 24 hrs preceeding the outage has never been corroborated. In fact, it's just plain false. We have all seen spends that have take hours to confirm. Perhaps he misinterpreted while waiting for the network to confirm. For whatever reason he said so, we know it to be a false statement.
Wait, what? That's a load of horsecrap - the first sign that something was seriously, badly wrong at MyBitcoin was a wave of people complaining on here that their withdrawals hadn't actually come through. Not just that they weren't confirming, but that the transactions hadn't been sent to the Bitcoin network at all. From what I can tell, Bruce Wagner only appeared to find out about this relatively late on compared to the rest of us.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2011, 05:04:37 PM

Wagner's statement that the system stopped sending payments and was still accepting payments in the 24 hrs preceeding the outage has never been corroborated. In fact, it's just plain false. We have all seen spends that have take hours to confirm. Perhaps he misinterpreted while waiting for the network to confirm. For whatever reason he said so, we know it to be a false statement.
Wait, what? That's a load of horsecrap - the first sign that something was seriously, badly wrong at MyBitcoin was a wave of people complaining on here that their withdrawals hadn't actually come through. Not just that they weren't confirming, but that the transactions hadn't been sent to the Bitcoin network at all. From what I can tell, Bruce Wagner only appeared to find out about this relatively late on compared to the rest of us.

Upon reading some of makomk's past posts, I feel he does not have a habit of making grandiose claims and wouldn't have commented on this thread unless he deemed it relative.
lettucebee

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2011, 02:07:17 PM

the first sign that something was seriously, badly wrong at MyBitcoin was a wave of people complaining on here that their withdrawals hadn't actually come through.

No, passwords stopped working at mybitcoin for some people long before the thing went tits up.

▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
█████▀              ▀█████
▄████▀    ▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▀████▄
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
▀█████▄    ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
█▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████████▀  ▄█
██▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█████▀  ▄██
███▄  ▀█████▄    ▀█▀  ▄███
▀███▄  ▀█████▄     ▄███▀
▀████▄  ▀████▀  ▄████▀
█████▄  ▀▀  ▄█████
▀█████▄  ▄█████▀
▀█████  █████▀
▀████████▀
██████
▀██▀
E R N
               ▄▄█████████▄▄
           ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
        ▄███████▀▀       ▀▀███████▄
       █████▀▀               ▀▀█████
     ▄████▀    ▄▄█████████▄▄    ▀████▄
    ████▀   ▄█████████████████▄   ▀████
   ████    █████████████████████    ████
 █████    ███████  ▀█████████████    █████
█████    █████████    ▀███████████    █████
████    ▄██████████▄     ▀████████▄    ████
████    █████████████       ███████    ████
████    ▀██████████▀     ▄████████▀    ████
█████    █████████    ▄███████████    █████
 █████    ███████  ▄█████████████    █████
           █████████████████████
            ▀█████████████████▀
               ▀▀█████████▀▀
████
████

████
████

████
████

████
████
TOKEN SALE
AIRDROP
                              ████
                              ████

████
          ████            ████  ████

████            ████  ████
          ████  ████  ████  ████  ████

████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████  ████
  ▬▬   GET IN TOUCH   ▬▬ 
TELEGRAM  FACEBOOK  TWITTER
YOUTUBE   INSTAGRAM
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2011, 12:49:06 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2011, 01:00:39 PM by Phinnaeus Gage

I just fount this: Source: http://www.419scam.org/emails/2011-01/22/00077890.5600.htm

From: "Barr.Tom Williams Esq."<officeof.williams@btinternet.com> (may be fake)
Reply-To: <barr.tomwilliams@i12.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 03:42:53 +1000
Subject: Re: Ligitimate inquiry.

Attn : My Dear

I am Barr.Tom Williams an account operator to late (Mr.Micheal Herman) 52yrs old, a nationality of your country who unfortunately died on a car accident dated 7th August 2008 along Ibadan Express High Way. Since the death of (Mr.Micheal Herman), I as his account operator have made several inquiries to locate his relations to come up for the inheritance claim, without any success.

I came across your name and contact on the course of my personal searching for my late client relations/next of kin so I decided to contact you for this project. I am contacting you to assist in securing the wealth left behind in a fixed deposit account by my late client before they get confiscated or declared unserviceable by the bank where my late client operates an account. The board of Directors of the bank has issued me a notice that after 2 months from now and no relation shown up for the claiming of the said funds, the funds will be confiscated and declared unserviceable.

Since The board of Directors of the bank have been unsuccessful in locating my client relatives for sometime now, it's on this note that I seek your consent to present you as the relation/next of kin to my late client that the proceed of this deposit can be released into your account. The amount deposited $12.8 Million Dollars also i beleived with interest($12.800.000.00 USD) I will agree with you on 60% for you while 40% for me.

I guarantee that this transaction will be executed under a legitimate arrangement which will protect you from any breach of the law. Upon your response, furnish me with:

Your full name and address
Your telephone and fax numbers
Your occupation and age

As soon as I receive all these information from you I will present it to the bank Directors that I have locate the relation to my late client since they asked that I should provide the next of kin for them to release the inheritance fund.

Let me here from you once you acknowledge my email: barr.tomwilliamsesq@i12.com

I'm at your service,

Barr.Tom Williams Esq.

Also, when you go to mybitcoin.com via Chrome, you are informed that the security certificate has expired. Somebody had to pay for that service, or can anybody get one for their website by using a false name?

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2014, 09:59:58 PM

in a one on one IRC chat with MagTux, i asked him directly if he knew who was behind the MyBitcoin heist around that time and he told me it would be too dangerous for  both of us for him to tell me.  take that for what its worth.

I bet he's about to sing like a canary with a woodpecker up its ass. I'm just saying.  Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13]  All
  Print  

Jump to: