Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:08:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Openex.pw - Warning  (Read 2925 times)
phil92 (OP)

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2014, 09:25:51 PM

Hi everyone,

Maybe nothing to worry about yet, but just to let you know that I opened an account at Openex yesterday, made a (small) deposit as a test, and had my account closed (ip banned) since then.
I sent 2 emails + mentioned the dev on Twitter, but no answer.

So this could just be a technical problem... or not.

Just so you know.
phil92 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 02:01:22 AM

Ok, so still no news from Openex after repeated emails and Twitter mentions. Account still blocked, ip still banned.

They officially scammed me.

!! BEWARE !!
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 12:24:39 PM

lol really? where did you mention me on twitter? where did you contact me? yes the system hands out automatic ip bans on addresses based on access violations. 10 access violations trigger an ip ban. it even has a giant message  that says "ACCESS DENIED" for each violation commited. its highly unlikely that the system just malfunctioned and handed out a ban on your ip address. post your ip address and i'll unblock you. if you keep commiting access violations though and its not you doing it, you may have a botnet hiding in your computer.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
robelneo
Legendary

Activity: 3248
Merit: 1204

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2014, 12:33:18 PM

lol really? where did you mention me on twitter? where did you contact me? yes the system hands out automatic ip bans on addresses based on access violations. 10 access violations trigger an ip ban. it even has a giant message  that says "ACCESS DENIED" for each violation commited. its highly unlikely that the system just malfunctioned and handed out a ban on your ip address. post your ip address and i'll unblock you. if you keep commiting access violations though and its not you doing it, you may have a botnet hiding in your computer.

nice to know you are active here

phil92 (OP)

View Profile
January 10, 2014, 03:30:52 PM

"lol" ? Yeah you're right, my passion is to say on forums that websites are scams, because you know, that's fun !

4 emails sent to admin@openex.pw
3 tweets to @_OpenEx_

But maybe you'll revert with a "lol", because pretending that emails and tweets were sent while they weren't, you know, is fun.

Check your emails.
r3wt

View Profile
January 13, 2014, 05:28:32 AM
Last edit: January 13, 2014, 05:45:02 AM by r3wt

"lol" ? Yeah you're right, my passion is to say on forums that websites are scams, because you know, that's fun !

3 tweets to @_OpenEx_

But maybe you'll revert with a "lol", because pretending that emails and tweets were sent while they weren't, you know, is fun.

Check your emails.

oh crap, i recognize your username now. would you please pm me with your current username on the exchange? we've been looking for you for sometime. i accidentally deleted 30 rows of users, out of which you and several others had made deposits. your deposits are still there, we just need to change your account name back to the original so you will get credited for the amount. my sincere apologies. checking email now.

For the record: i've been extremely busy, i'm sorry.

Edit:
I see you've signed back up. did you recover your coins yet?

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
kongkai0000

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 06:33:27 AM

3 tweets to @_OpenEx_

Check your emails.

oh crap, i recognize your username now. would you please pm me with your current username on the exchange? we've been looking for you for sometime. i accidentally deleted 30 rows of users, out of which you and several others had made deposits. your deposits are still there, we just need to change your account name back to the original so you will get credited for the amount. my sincere apologies. checking email now.

For the record: i've been extremely busy, i'm sorry.

Edit:
I see you've signed back up. did you recover your coins yet?
On January 13th, I transferred from cryptsy to openex, openex provide my address is "1e7mrqa8taa28gmavztjdjgabyhmbiaezv" deposits. Cryptsy because suffered hacker attacks, so froze my account, on January 17, returned to my account. My COINS at the same time deposits "1 e7mrqa8taa28gmavztjdjgabyhmbiaezv" this address. Openex provided address is https://blockchain.info/de/address/1E7MrQA8tAA28GMaVztjDjGabYhMbiaEzV and also pointed out the COINS have flow to the address, Why hasn't the BTC to account?

The following is cryptsy transaction details

BitCoin   1E7MrQA8tAA28GMaVztjDjGabYhMbiaEzV   0.02420000 BTC   Yes   2014-01-13 01:13:49

Processed   TrxID: 324a3cf7818a8bf8e902ed3d386c9f5c96020752522f20652e241d49fc23ee63 @ 2014-01-17 23:14:16
r3wt

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:01:09 AM

kongkai, we had a notice up "DO NOT DEPOSIT TO OLD ADDRESSES" you deposited to the old bitcoin wallet, and i'm afraid your coins are now lost forever. We warned our users for days that we would be removing the old btc wallet due to the server being compromised. Unfortunately, reading is a lost art amongst the public.

wing_hk

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 09:19:09 AM

The only thing I feel disappointed is they just accept some very new coins like RAD. I recommend APC which is hot in Chinese exchange but never join other exchanges before. Maybe they think it's 1-2 month older and hard to make $ from the pump. Yesterday the developer is mining the newly released CHC and just a moment later CHC is listed in OpenEX.

r3wt I really like your works and respect your guys. However I believe profit will be maximized while codes have been optimized.

r3wt

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 10:38:53 AM

The only thing I feel disappointed is they just accept some very new coins like RAD. I recommend APC which is hot in Chinese exchange but never join other exchanges before. Maybe they think it's 1-2 month older and hard to make $ from the pump. Yesterday the developer is mining the newly released CHC and just a moment later CHC is listed in OpenEX.

r3wt I really like your works and respect your guys. However I believe profit will be maximized while codes have been optimized.

I took a flier on CHC because it used 10 algos and had no premine. basically we needed a larger representation for the cpu community. if you can post me a link to APC, i will check that out too.

playah

Activity: 165

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 04:23:54 AM

I had the exact thing happen to me as op , sent a couple emails already to admin(at)openex.pw and no answer. I'm glad I only moved a couple ltc in there.
r3wt

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:54:48 AM

I had the exact thing happen to me as op , sent a couple emails already to admin(at)openex.pw and no answer. I'm glad I only moved a couple ltc in there.

what happened? we are very busy and sometimes we miss things! if you tell me i will help you.

playah

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:47:57 PM

I opened an account to test the waters, moved some ltc in for a trade and then realized I wanted it somewhere else, when I tried to transfer funds I must not have notice the access violations I'm new to trading. Next thing I see my IP has been banned and I've sent a couple emails but no response.
btc_shell

Activity: 55

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:41:47 PM

what happened? we are very busy and sometimes we miss things! if you tell me i will help you.

lol, common scam tactic.  ONLY help the ones who complain enough. 70-80% of people won't complain much Smiley

That's what happened on Bitfloor.  Roman kept a pile of cash and BTC from those who didn't raise too much of a ruckus.  

Raise a stink here, and you'll likely get "lol'd" and "helped"!  Smiley

-no offense.
r3wt

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:42:48 PM

I opened an account to test the waters, moved some ltc in for a trade and then realized I wanted it somewhere else, when I tried to transfer funds I must not have notice the access violations I'm new to trading. Next thing I see my IP has been banned and I've sent a couple emails but no response.

in general im always very skeptical about posts like this. you practically have to be doing something wrong to get an access violation on this site, however i've noticed a large spike in them lately. probably due to the stricter rules on the login/withdraw/account settings pages. now its 3 strikes and your out type of deal. really helps stop the bots/bruteforcing.

but no different from anyone else i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. just post your ip address to me via pm. i'll get to it when i can. and ps, i get 100 emails a day about ip bans, and only 1 or 2 of them even mention their account name and ip addresss when so many violations occur on a daily basis.

Artimunor

Activity: 40

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 05:44:34 PM

thanks for the warnings
playah

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:38:27 PM

Sent you a pm, I'm sure it was my fault looking back, I kept hitting send and didn't pay attention to the security protocol and then it finally locked me out.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4920

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:30:02 AM
Last edit: February 06, 2014, 06:54:21 PM by Hueristic

Edited as I was wrong.

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
r3wt

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 02:45:15 AM

WHY the fuck do I need admin approval to remove my money!

Your withdraw has been confirmed; however, an admin must still process this before your withdraw is processed.

Oh I see this exchange going down the shitter.

You mad bro?

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 4920

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 03:22:19 AM

WHY the fuck do I need admin approval to remove my money!

Your withdraw has been confirmed; however, an admin must still process this before your withdraw is processed.

Oh I see this exchange going down the shitter.

You mad bro?

Wouldn't you be?

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: