Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:34:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 563 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC]  (Read 554370 times)
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:31:47 PM

On a side not, hashrate is on the up! Looks like people are shifting after the coinye collapse. Welcome new miners, you've come to the right place. Enjoy the ride as its going to be one for the crypto history books Smiley

GREAT STATEMENT!!! Sorry about the caps Smiley But people are trying to mine all the new coins like crazy, they all think lets mine it at the start, but the problem is that they forget that after 1hour the difficulty is already so high that it is even not smart anymore to mine those hype coins. It is better to mine a coin that doesn't had a hype, but as you said ,the hashrate is moving up. I've started  8 hours ago and the hashrate was 100MH/s, now we are close to 150MH/s, in the beginning i received 10-12 KDC per block, now it is already down to 6KDC, so for myself it is not good ,less coins, but this also mean that x number of people were added to mine KDC. I'm looking for a $1 = 1KDC rate, and not planning to sell any coins on any exchange, and if we are at a exchange and the price is too low, i will just buy them. This coin takes 3 years to mine, not 3 months like certain other coins, and those coins all have problems with dumping, look at DOGE/EAC/LOT/MOON. This coin is very difficult to dump, also because NO big miners are on this coin (yet), someone with 10000Kh/s, and then a few with 3000Kh/s (including me).
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:36:48 PM

All suggestions welcome, sorry if they previously got lost amongst other posts Sad

We have an android app in development Smiley Stay tuned and we'll keep you updated!

Great!!! One tip, make a youtube video of it and put it on the website. Promote something like this very heavily. It will really make the difference.

mmm, maybe i need to buy some more AMD Radeon 7950 card to mine this, because this will be GOLD!!! Smiley
brother3

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:40:01 PM

Hashrate is rising slowly, which is good for the coin.  Smiley

I am relatively new at this...could you elaborate please?

Well, the problem with a lot of coins is that people rush to get them on an exchange so they can mine as many as possible and dump the coin. Because we're growing at a steady pace there should be more smaller miners getting Klondike Coins, and the more coin holders the better. We want the coin to be used, not just be sold.

That makes sense...Thanks!
Nullu

Activity: 532

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 10:48:04 PM

Yep. Hashrate is still slowly climbing. I'm probably not going to be able to solo mine for much longer. Looks like people are finally starting to realise how valuable this coin is. Just a few hundred are valuable now.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
waldocarter

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:08:06 PM

I'm looking for a $1 = 1KDC rate
this coin will get way past $1, it has the potential to go to around $5 per coin.

But not yet, which is good as we keep a low profile with low difficulty and lets anyone with small hashrate to chip some nuggets. I'm still concerned about the retargetting time which could be a problem if we get slaughtered by a multipool, so we need more miners on the "stable" side before we get all that multipool jitter on the hashrate graph. I don't want this to be the next RonPaulCoin that gets attacked for 5-6 hours, diff spikes to oblivion and next retarget takes 5 days.

brother3

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:08:39 PM

Yep. Hashrate is still slowly climbing. I'm probably not going to be able to solo mine for much longer. Looks like people are finally starting to realise how valuable this coin is. Just a few hundred are valuable now.

How do you know when to switch from solo to pool?
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:14:38 PM

We are getting close to 200Mh/s on the network....I started 9 hours ago on smalltimeminer and i was second biggest, now i'm only 6th biggest, number of miners has increased from 27 to 39. My block share dropped to 4 KDC per block, 9 hours ago I had 10 - 12 KDC, we are getting bigger and bigger...
brother3

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:16:40 PM

We are getting close to 200Mh/s on the network....I started 9 hours ago on smalltimeminer and i was second biggest, now i'm only 6th biggest, number of miners has increased from 27 to 39. My block share dropped to 4 KDC per block, 9 hours ago I had 10 - 12 KDC, we are getting bigger and bigger...

Less money but good news l Roll Eyes

Coin Army has a 25Mh rig parking on it  Grin

P.S. Obviously not my rig Embarrassed
Nullu

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:17:07 PM

Difficult to judge. Around level difficulty 1 with my 900mhash it's usually more profitable with a lot of coins, but once it creeps past 1.5 it becomes quite slow, and because the chance of finding a block decreases quite a bit, you may go 6 or 7 hours without finding a coin, and that's when it's time to hit a pool. At least you're guaranteed a steady payout that way.

Usually for me I will solo mine a coin I think is worth holding when I find a block roughly every 3 or 4 hours. Once it creeps past 6 hours, I usually go to pool mining.

At the rate the hashrate is currently increasing, by tomorrow I'll have to switch to pool mining. Going to see if I can mine a few more blocks overnight. I'd really like to hit 5k before having to switch to pool mining.

Less money but good news l Roll Eyes

Coin Army has a 25Mh rig parked on it  Grin

That does worry me a bit. Someone holding that many coins.

brother3

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:19:50 PM

Difficult to judge. Around level difficulty 1 with my 900mhash it's usually more profitable with a lot of coins, but once it creeps past 1.5 it becomes quite slow, and because the chance of finding a block decreases quite a bit, you may go 6 or 7 hours without finding a coin, and that's when it's time to hit a pool. At least you're guaranteed a steady payout that way.

Usually for me I will solo mine a coin I think is worth holding when I find a block roughly every 3 or 4 hours. Once it creeps past 6 hours, I usually go to pool mining.

Very informative for me..Thanks!
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:23:41 PM

Coin Army has a 25Mh rig parking on it  Grin

Mmm, i don't like that, this can be again one of those people that want to bring down a coin by dumping it at a exchange and destroy all the work. So maybe miners from Coin Amry need to move away to other mining pools to make it more difficult for him to hit a block. Around 10000Kh/s, it is ok, that we can all manage, but 25Mh/s is already pretty big, big enough to crash this coin when it would hit the exchange now.
brother3

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:25:45 PM

Mmm, i don't like that, this can be again one of those people that want to bring down a coin by dumping it at a exchange and destroy all the work. So maybe miners from Coin Amry need to move away to other mining pools to make it more difficult for him to hit a block. Around 10000Kh/s, it is ok, that we can all manage, but 25Mh/s is already pretty big, big enough to crash this coin when it would hit the exchange now.

I am moving asap....Unless somebody called in an airstrike first!
Mivexil

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:26:38 PM

Let the guy dump, we'll be able to buy his coins low Cheesy
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:27:24 PM

Let the guy dump, we'll be able to buy his coins low Cheesy

Please note that he can get close to 51% TOO!!!!!
Nullu

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:30:54 PM

Very informative for me..Thanks!

The best way to explain it is this;

Say you're solo mining and finding a block roughly every 3 hours. Sometimes you may find the next block 1 hours after the last one if you're lucky. Maybe 4 hours after the last block if you're unlucky. When the time between finding blocks increases because of the difficulty, when you're unlucky that time can be a really long time, and that's time that you could be spent pool mining.

Say if you could find a block every 8 hours on average, but when you're unlucky it took 12 or 14 hours. That's half a day you could have been spent pool mining, and if the difficulty is still going up, then the times between finding blocks is even increasing while you're not finding any.

With a difficulty retarget of a day, you can't really afford to lose that time when the difficulty gets too high.

You find a way of judging it.  Smiley

Nullu

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:34:31 PM

It would be a good idea to move pools so the hashrate is more even. Can someone post a list of the pools with the current hashrate? We can ask miners to move to the pools with the lower hashrates to even it out.

It's important for the stability of the coin.

busabus

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:36:33 PM

A fun read:

http://www.historynet.com/klondike-gold-rush

The slow growth of KDC is pretty similar to the 'slow' gold rush of klondike in the late 1800's Smiley Only we're not all freezing and hiking over mountains Cheesy As long as we don't follow the last part we should be good!

The initial stampede and block storm of 2014 was pretty bloody, so many... many orphans...

RIP lost hashes

KDC: LJ2PwwKT6ZSNSsMY9cQnda8REkLEAstWE6
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:40:04 PM

It would be a good idea to move pools so the hashrate is more even. Can someone post a list of the pools with the current hashrate? We can ask miners to move to the pools with the lower hashrates to even it out.

http://kdc.easy-mining.net/          0MH/s
http://kdc.coinarmy.com/           72Mh/s
http://kdc.smalltimeminer.com/    43Mh/s

So we have some solo miners too...

placebo
Legendary

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:41:35 PM

http://kdc.easy-mining.net/          0MH/s
http://kdc.coinarmy.com/           72Mh/s
http://kdc.smalltimeminer.com/    43Mh/s

WE NEED MORE POOLS, OPs, can you put a bounty out there for a 4th mining pool?
Nullu

View Profile
January 14, 2014, 11:43:04 PM

http://kdc.easy-mining.net/          0MH/s
http://kdc.coinarmy.com/           72Mh/s
http://kdc.smalltimeminer.com/    43Mh/s

WE NEED MORE POOLS, OPs, can you put a bounty out there for a 4th mining pool?

Yes, we do need more pools. The hashrate is climbing quite a bit now. We need another pool.

Why is easy-mining.net empty? We need to move some hashrate over to there. Coinarmy has way too much hashpower.

Could we do some promotion with http://kdc.easy-mining.net/ ? Show you're mining there for x amount of time and we'll give you some bonus Klondike Coins. Something like that? Get the pool owner to host something perhaps?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 563 »
  Print  

Jump to: