Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:41:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 563 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][SCRYPT] KlondikeCoin ★ Cryptsy.com ★ Prepaid VISA Cards ★ 0% Premine [KDC]  (Read 554373 times)
itsallpc

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:12:57 PM

You mentioned working on getting KDC on Cryptsy yesterday -- did you have strings to pull, or I'm wondering how you might go about trying to accomplish that?

We've implemented Kimoto gravity pool and are just re checking the code for any problems, we will then push it to github, build the windows wallets and announce the mandatory update. The block we have set it to come in at should see the diff change hit in around 2-3 days from now Smiley.

Updates should be released shortly, i don't see how cryptsy could overlook us once this is in as there isn't much about that deserves listing more.

Once this is all sorted we can re concentrate our efforts on getting the Facebook app, android wallet, metro and windows phone wallets out.
[/size]

QUOTE from another site...

Gravity Well: Explained
 At the most basic level, Kimoto has changed how difficulty readjustment works so that the difficulty is adjusted after every single block that is mined on the network. I'm not 100% sure about the exact mathematics behind the calculations, but so far since its introduction on the network the difficulty has adjusted smoothly and flawlessly no matter how many miners there are on the network and even throughout the huge price (and subsequent mining hash rate) increase we have seen over the past couple of days.

This keeps mining fair and secure for all miners and users of the coin, and prevents the rampant multipool abuse that was (and still is) common with most all other altcoins out on the market today. This is even more important to consider when one day ASIC miners are developed for Scrypt coins and a small number of miners will suddenly have access to extremely powerful mining hardware. If and when this occurs, a malicious (or simply greedy) miner can simply point his or her ASIC miner at any Scrypt-based coin and cripple it because of the extreme difficulty fluctuation this will cause. (This is actually what happened with Terracoin after SHA-256 ASICS began to flood the market.) , KLONDIKE however, will be safe from this type of malicious mining behavior due to the smooth difficulty readjustment that Kimoto's Gravity Well provides.

This really is some of the best news we could of heard from the dev team. We really do have a very pro-active and fast moving pro dev team working on this coin thank you dev team for taking the time to get a coin right!!!!!
KlondikeCoin (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:17:14 PM

@MythicalManMoth we have not started it yet no so if you'd like to do it that'd be excellent. We could probably chuck you a couple hundred KDC's as a token gesture once you get it done too Smiley

Regarding the diff.

Upcoming mandatory update

Sorry i think my last update probably got overlooked being at the bottom of the last page.

We have implemented Kimotos gravity well after your guys feedback (user itsallpc felt very strongly that we implement it and we agree). Initially we were going to go with the 2 hour re target and then re evaluate whether or not to implement Kimoto. Taking into account that it would be best not to keep releasing mandatory updates we decided to just go ahead and implement it in this update Smiley. we also thought more about what will happen when the multipools start hitting us hard and when asics come about and what happened to terracoin.

So at this time we are re going through the code and just checking everything before building with Kimoto, then we will build the windows wallets and push it all live, with the change happening around block 32,000 as it stands though we may change that.
busabus

Activity: 104

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:23:05 PM

With the Kimoto Gravity Well dev just announced the difficulty changes after every block
source for this?

Literally  Cheesy

Code:
unsigned int static KimotoGravityWell(const CBlockIndex* pindexLast, const CBlockHeader *pblock, uint64 TargetBlocksSpacingSeconds, uint64 PastBlocksMin, uint64 PastBlocksMax) {
        /* current difficulty formula, megacoin - kimoto gravity well */
        const CBlockIndex  *BlockLastSolved                                = pindexLast;
        const CBlockIndex  *BlockReading                                = pindexLast;
        const CBlockHeader *BlockCreating                                = pblock;
                                                BlockCreating                                = BlockCreating;
        uint64                                PastBlocksMass                                = 0;
        int64                                PastRateActualSeconds                = 0;
        int64                                PastRateTargetSeconds                = 0;
        double                                PastRateAdjustmentRatio                = double(1);
        CBigNum                                PastDifficultyAverage;
        CBigNum                                PastDifficultyAveragePrev;
        double                                EventHorizonDeviation;
        double                                EventHorizonDeviationFast;
        double                                EventHorizonDeviationSlow;

if (BlockLastSolved == NULL || BlockLastSolved->nHeight == 0 || (uint64)BlockLastSolved->nHeight < PastBlocksMin) { return bnProofOfWorkLimit.GetCompact(); }

for (unsigned int i = 1; BlockReading && BlockReading->nHeight > 0; i++) {
                if (PastBlocksMax > 0 && i > PastBlocksMax) { break; }
                PastBlocksMass++;

if (i == 1)        { PastDifficultyAverage.SetCompact(BlockReading->nBits); }
                else                { PastDifficultyAverage = ((CBigNum().SetCompact(BlockReading->nBits) - PastDifficultyAveragePrev) / i) + PastDifficultyAveragePrev; }
                PastDifficultyAveragePrev = PastDifficultyAverage;

PastRateActualSeconds                        = BlockLastSolved->GetBlockTime() - BlockReading->GetBlockTime();
                PastRateTargetSeconds                        = TargetBlocksSpacingSeconds * PastBlocksMass;
                PastRateAdjustmentRatio                        = double(1);
                if (PastRateActualSeconds < 0) { PastRateActualSeconds = 0; }
                if (PastRateActualSeconds != 0 && PastRateTargetSeconds != 0) {
                PastRateAdjustmentRatio                        = double(PastRateTargetSeconds) / double(PastRateActualSeconds);
                }
                EventHorizonDeviation                        = 1 + (0.7084 * pow((double(PastBlocksMass)/double(144)), -1.228));
                EventHorizonDeviationFast                = EventHorizonDeviation;
                EventHorizonDeviationSlow                = 1 / EventHorizonDeviation;

if (PastBlocksMass >= PastBlocksMin) {
                        if ((PastRateAdjustmentRatio <= EventHorizonDeviationSlow) || (PastRateAdjustmentRatio >= EventHorizonDeviationFast)) { assert(BlockReading); break; }
                }
                if (BlockReading->pprev == NULL) { assert(BlockReading); break; }
                BlockReading = BlockReading->pprev;
        }

CBigNum bnNew(PastDifficultyAverage);
        if (PastRateActualSeconds != 0 && PastRateTargetSeconds != 0) {
                bnNew *= PastRateActualSeconds;
                bnNew /= PastRateTargetSeconds;
        }
    if (bnNew > bnProofOfWorkLimit) { bnNew = bnProofOfWorkLimit; }

/// debug print
    printf("Difficulty Retarget - Kimoto Gravity Well\n");
    printf("PastRateAdjustmentRatio = %g\n", PastRateAdjustmentRatio);
    printf("Before: %08x  %s\n", BlockLastSolved->nBits, CBigNum().SetCompact(BlockLastSolved->nBits).getuint256().ToString().c_str());
    printf("After:  %08x  %s\n", bnNew.GetCompact(), bnNew.getuint256().ToString().c_str());

return bnNew.GetCompact();
}

KDC: LJ2PwwKT6ZSNSsMY9cQnda8REkLEAstWE6
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:24:58 PM

Kimoto with its 1 block retarget is perfect.

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
theomoplatapus

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:25:30 PM

That's great, I was hoping for Kimoto's gravity well.  Excellent to see such a quick response from the devs in addressing issues.  Ron Paul Coin would probably be a lot better off if they had done this long ago  Grin

P.S. As a miner of course I'd prefer sooner rather than later.

#Bitcoin
mattbigblue

Activity: 182

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:25:41 PM

So at the moment we don't need to upgrade anything correct? cause I got confused...

Kimoto Gravity is what  LOTTO and Earthcoin uses (readjust every single block).
however it still doesn't defend before coin-hoopers (multipools). You can see that once diff drops and price on market rises, all of the hash-power goes there, diff rises instanly 2-3-10x and exchanges are flodded by coins. We should think about something more complex, really. Like different rewards for average hashrate in past x hours...etc..

w0lf0.

Activity: 1050
Merit: 513

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:29:43 PM

http://kdc.smalltimeminer.com   down?
KlondikeCoin (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:29:55 PM

So at the moment we don't need to upgrade anything correct? cause I got confused...

however it still doesn't defend before coin-hoopers (multipools). You can see that once diff drops and price on market rises, all of the hash-power goes there, diff rises instanly 2-3-10x and exchanges are flodded by coins. We should think about something more complex, really. Like different rewards for average hashrate in past x hours...etc..

Nope, no need to upgrade yet. We aim to have the update out later on this evening or early tomorrow.

Re your ideas, that wouldn't really work without changing the way the coin pays out and everything. I feel Kimotos gravity well will accomplish what we are trying to do and thats bring the diff back down if we lose a lot of hashing power - were not looking to deny multi pools or asics. Just stop us being stuck up at an insane diff.
brother3

Activity: 980

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:30:32 PM

Dear Klondike friends..

Surfing through the inteweb i came accross http://www.zemana.com/product/antilogger-free/overview/

it works on 32bit and 64bit windows and is a ANTI keylogger so if someone puts a keylogger in a wallet or something it could help protect your valuable kdc

There is a FREE version

If you like the idea send any tips etc to the dev to support klondike giveaways

I have Malwarebytes but this looks like another one that we all need!  Thanks for the tip!
holzer

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:40:49 PM

Yup still down. Also I just wanted to say that I am very pleased in the direction of this coin, the community and the devs. I think we have a real gem here. If anyone is looking to buy some cheap KDC I would grab it while you can on coinmarket.io, price is rising again and sellers are being stingy with volume.
Delivereath

Activity: 148

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:46:49 PM

Kimoto Gravity is good. If all the hash power moves to Klondike, then the imediate difficulty ajustement will drop the profitability of the coin, so the hashpower will switch to something else. That's exactly what we need.

Devs just have to make sure that the code is perfect as any bug could just kill a coin.
r3wt

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

always the student, never the master.

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:47:55 PM

Hello everyone!

Awesome badges Cheesy

Upcoming Mandatory update

Just to update you all we have added a little bit of code which will change the difficulty re target to every 2 hours as opposed to the current 24. This change will be pushed live most likely at some point today (we just have to build the windows wallet and make sure everything is okay), the difficulty change will come into affect at around block 32,000 though we are still evaluating whether to make it a little later or sooner. This will be a mandatory update and download links + more information will be released soon.

We are releasing this to make us less susceptible to difficulty spikes caused by multi pools and people coming back every few days to take advantage of difficulty drops and ultimately make KDC a more sustainable, attractive coin.

Any feedback about the above is appreciated Smiley

please let me know via pm when the update is available.

My negative trust rating is reflective of a personal vendetta by someone on default trust.
adversor

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 05:48:58 PM

Nope, no need to upgrade yet. We aim to have the update out later on this evening or early tomorrow.

Re your ideas, that wouldn't really work without changing the way the coin pays out and everything. I feel Kimotos gravity well will accomplish what we are trying to do and thats bring the diff back down if we lose a lot of hashing power - were not looking to deny multi pools or asics. Just stop us being stuck up at an insane diff.

Great news!

Plz make sure it will work properly (simulation, testnet, ...). Even a release one or two days later will be no problem imo. I have followed the discussions at Catcoin after the first change which did not solve the problem...

Good work so far folks!

LISK Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
brother3

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:01:20 PM

Hello everyone!

Awesome badges Cheesy

Upcoming Mandatory update

Just to update you all we have added a little bit of code which will change the difficulty re target to every 2 hours as opposed to the current 24. This change will be pushed live most likely at some point today (we just have to build the windows wallet and make sure everything is okay), the difficulty change will come into affect at around block 32,000 though we are still evaluating whether to make it a little later or sooner. This will be a mandatory update and download links + more information will be released soon.

We are releasing this to make us less susceptible to difficulty spikes caused by multi pools and people coming back every few days to take advantage of difficulty drops and ultimately make KDC a more sustainable, attractive coin.

Any feedback about the above is appreciated Smiley

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO
adversor

Activity: 112

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:08:38 PM

Switched back 5MH/s to Klondike now. Already sold other altcoins which I mined in the meantime to buy Klondikes now. Where are the weak hands? I need cheap coins!

LISK Develop Decentralized Applications & Sidechains in JavaScript with Lisk!
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:30:37 PM

Back on KDC, difficulty will drop a little... don't let those bastards take too much coins, how more small miners are on it, how less coins the multipool will earn... putting my 3mh/s back on Smiley
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:42:55 PM

Here we go again, two big miners that thing they are smart, but they can bump their coins, no worries, i will buy and wait for the big return, if they want to become the pizza men then it is fine for me Cheesy
brother3

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:43:14 PM

You mentioned working on getting KDC on Cryptsy yesterday -- did you have strings to pull, or I'm wondering how you might go about trying to accomplish that?

Hi, nope no strings. I meant more promoting, raising awareness and cryptsy votes and accomplishing things that we believe Cryptsy would look for in a coin - the last of which is stability which we are improving with the impending update.

We've implemented Kimoto gravity pool and are just re checking the code for any problems, we will then push it to github, build the windows wallets and announce the mandatory update. The block we have set it to come in at should see the diff change hit in around 2-3 days from now Smiley.

Updates should be released shortly, i don't see how cryptsy could overlook us once this is in as there isn't much about that deserves listing more.

Once this is all sorted we can re concentrate our efforts on getting the Facebook app, android wallet, metro and windows phone wallets out.

+1  
Monkey business could get all of us in big trouble...We are on the way there and Cryptsy will list us...Big Vern is pretty smart
laris2

Activity: 688
Merit: 506

CryptoCurrency Evangelist

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 06:49:06 PM

Aye

TEST
Matic

Activity: 310

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 06:52:32 PM

I like what I'm reading.
Good work! Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 [112] 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 ... 563 »
  Print  

Jump to: