Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 09:18:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How much privacy coins are really needed?  (Read 190 times)
jbautistangina

Activity: 258
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 09:58:48 PM

I only use XMR because it is the only coin that gives a total anonimity,i dont know how these new coins are more advance than monero.Im sure if these new alts are better than the existing ones these coins are going to rise by any means.

Crypto Chips

Activity: 363
Merit: 101

Cryptocurrency is Dilema

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2018, 10:23:04 PM

They're used a lot on the dark web. A lot of bitcoins transactions is just people trading, not actually using it.
wow thats scary to knowing that, but i think bitcoin is still will be used as a payment on the good things
alarsincoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:39:49 PM

I think we need less than 50 privacy coins. It's anough for trading  and for holding. The number of cryptocurrincies today much more our possibilities to manage it.

Enumbra

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 21, 2018, 10:53:58 PM

Should we share our emails with our government? Should they know all our transactions(i.e. from our debit card)? Should we make everything that we do, public? We believe these kind of questions will always have people against and for, therefore, It's up to the people to decide what's best for them.
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 06:14:44 AM

A snapshot usage graph may not be representative of the 'need' factor for privacy coins.

The age of the privacy coins should be considered, as compared to the Big Two.

Additionally, you should look at uptake of usage... is the usage of the privacy coins increasing, or stagnant?

The next thing to think about is application of the coins... is there somewhere specific that the privacy coins can be utilised to their full potential?

Let's look at SAFEX, which will be moving to their own blockchain in about 6 weeks.

It will be a true privacy coin AND it will have a specific use case - the Safex Marketplace, which will be built into the blockchain.

The Safex Token (can be staked on the marketplace to receive a share of the 5% commission fees) and Safex Cash (the currency of the marketplace) will both have an actual use they can be applied to.

I think this is the key... once people have an anonymous coin and a marketplace upon which to use it (and the marketplace allows for anonymous trading) the functional use of privacy coins will increase.
defoman

Activity: 448
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 22, 2018, 08:14:24 AM

I made a table:

I thought that one of essential parts of crypto is privacy but it appears that people do not appreciate privacy as much as it seems, if you take all the transactions of Monero, Zcash, Bitcoin and Ethereum for 100%, then only 1.32% falls on Monero and Zcash, what is your thoughts on this?

Because now very few cryptocurrencies are used for their intended purpose. For most, it is a tool for investing and trading for profit. The market is still very young and is just beginning to take shape. People who care about privacy apply this rule to all sides of their lives, from entering the network and ending with cryptocurrency. Therefore, this is a complex question, why a person needs a confidential cryptocurrency, if he is happy to share information about himself with search engines and social networks. Right?

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
https://www.minter.network
Dek_Fakhri

Activity: 169

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 02:51:29 PM

I think if the privacy coin is in need with many people then I think the coins in the privacy will be safe from taking the funds silently and into the altcoin that we have and get a lot of money that has been taken
Arcoin1

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:31:33 PM

The money required in the crypto world appears hidden. This is because there is no money following the virtual environment. The secret money is not needed, the money is treated as secret.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: