Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 09:39:04 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you here for Bitcoin or a different cryptocoin?
Bitcoin only - 59 (24.1%)
Other coin only - 35 (14.3%)
Both Bitcoin and Other evenly - 47 (19.2%)
Mostly Bitcoin but some Other - 46 (18.8%)
Mostly other but some Bitcoin - 58 (23.7%)
Total Voters: 245

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: VOTE - POLL How many of us are here for a cryptocoin other than Bitcoin?  (Read 3181 times)
UnknownX

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:33:55 PM

Bitcoin is now hard to mine for newbies and expensive to buy, so I'm starting with alt coins. Some forks like doge shows great results in short period of time as for miners or to small investors, but I don't think it'll be very profitable in long term.

████→→       ● DeepOnion                                                                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯ 
████→→       ● Tor integrated, 100% anonymous!                                       Get Your FREE Coins NOW!     
████→→       ● Free Airdrop! (No ICO, No Crowdfund)                       ✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯✯
Zendalar

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 07:51:10 PM

You can actually make money trading altcoins..at least if you have any sense not to mine all the new coins with...lousy names for example Tongue
KLuka

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 08:01:40 PM

I came here for info about mining scrypt coins.

My friends and I just started mining around 20 days ago when we got our first two mining rigs (5.6 MH/s).

Currently my main interests is middlepool thread in Alternate cryptocurrencies section Smiley

But since middlecoin is paying in BTC, i am also here for Bitcoin Wink

dare88

Activity: 196

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:14:35 PM

Im going for middlecoin also!
hashc

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:51:29 PM

I'm actually surprised with the results (I'm not new to crypto).
My expectations was far less on "bitcoin-only", but people here are usually new to crypto and don't know much about altcoins yet.

You can actually make money trading altcoins..at least if you have any sense not to mine all the new coins with...lousy names for example Tongue
The only way I see to currently get returns on bitcoins is via altcoin tradeing.

It doesn't matter what you belive will happen on BTC vs altcoin in the long run, we live now. Current returns on altcoins vs BTC are insane and there is no other way that can double one bitcoin faster. (regardless of BTC/USD)  The (unlikely) risk of a bitcoin-killer is here and the bitcoin protocoll would never able to adapt fast enough. It's 100% impossible that f.e we will ever see PoS in bitcoin since there are far to many people (miners) interrested in keeping it the way it is.

Ignoring altcoins is like igoring the most innovative part of crypto. People were able to see the potential of bitcoin, but now some of those are so in love with bitcoin that they can't see the potential in altcoins. Altcoins don't need bitcoiners to buy them, there are sill enough people left that haven't heard of crypto yet.
zneww

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 09:53:32 PM

bitcoin only here. Not seeing much in any other coins
derkommandant

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 16, 2014, 11:08:57 PM

Here for alt coins, and eventually bitcoins Smiley
CornedBeefHash (OP)

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:14:26 AM

I'm actually surprised with the results (I'm not new to crypto).
My expectations was far less on "bitcoin-only", but people here are usually new to crypto and don't know much about altcoins yet.

The only way I see to currently get returns on bitcoins is via altcoin tradeing.

It doesn't matter what you belive will happen on BTC vs altcoin in the long run, we live now. Current returns on altcoins vs BTC are insane and there is no other way that can double one bitcoin faster. (regardless of BTC/USD)  The (unlikely) risk of a bitcoin-killer is here and the bitcoin protocoll would never able to adapt fast enough. It's 100% impossible that f.e we will ever see PoS in bitcoin since there are far to many people (miners) interrested in keeping it the way it is.

Ignoring altcoins is like igoring the most innovative part of crypto. People were able to see the potential of bitcoin, but now some of those are so in love with bitcoin that they can't see the potential in altcoins. Altcoins don't need bitcoiners to buy them, there are sill enough people left that haven't heard of crypto yet.

I'm just the opposite, I thought almost all answers would be "Bitcoin only" considering this is a Bitcoin forum. The mods and users here take a pretty dim view of altcoins. Altcoin threads in every other section but "Alternate cryptocurrencies" are reported and moved right away. The early adopter crowd (hero members) are horny to get as much for their coins as possible so they push Bitcoin like preachers push Jesus. I've seen people attacked for just mentioning an altcoin in a thread without making fun of it. I agree that altcoins can't just be ignored. Obviously, according to the poll, altcoins are a big reason people are coming here.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 12:38:49 PM

bitcoin only here. Not seeing much in any other coins

Are you planning on buying Bitcoins or are you going to attempt to mine them?

romaniancoins

Activity: 13

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 01:03:20 PM

I'm here to find out about every cryptocoin that is worth checking out. Right now I read a lot about dogecoin.  Smiley
tdminer

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 03:03:54 PM

Here for bitcoin and others, but only mining alt coins right now
FierceRadish

Activity: 84

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 04:56:36 PM

Here for Bitcoin.

Own a few Litecoin.

Not particularly interested in the others, save for general curiosity.
Zorlock

Activity: 11

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:01:44 PM

Pretty much all other coins but Bitcoin.

When I got it, Litecoin was just launched a week or two prior. Even then, before ASIC came out for Bitcoin it was too far gone for me to mine effectively. So I did my mining in Litecoin and some other Alt coins that popped up along the way and that is where I wills stay.

Cheers
Zzzack

Activity: 168

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 06:36:21 PM

I'm here for Quark.

DOGE really got me interested in cryptos, but I didn't see it as a worthwhile investment with so many coins being made. Great community, but just didn't cut it imo.

Producer
prince_k

Activity: 82

View Profile
January 17, 2014, 07:25:21 PM

I'm here for Quark.

DOGE really got me interested in cryptos, but I didn't see it as a worthwhile investment with so many coins being made. Great community, but just didn't cut it imo.

What do you think about quark price?
Got 3k, still sitting and waiting for 30 cents at least...
CornedBeefHash (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:28:23 AM

I moved this thread to Bitcoin discussion to continue the poll. I felt it would never be seen in the Archival section.

I would still like to get replies from new forum users about why they joined this forum.

Thank you
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 05:49:34 AM

Here for BTC, im at litecointalk for LTC
bitideas

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 06:04:09 AM

Bitcoin has turned into the bank you have to go to if you want to buy altcoins

Build your Bitcoin Downlines at the Bitcoin Downline Builder!
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 11:32:06 AM

Interesting, when the thread was in the newbies section the "other coin" option was the clear winner. In main discussion Bitcoin is winning which means newbies are no longer the only voters. I still believe newbies are not here for Bitcoin anymore.

CornedBeefHash (OP)

View Profile
January 22, 2014, 10:58:04 AM

Bitcoin has turned into the bank you have to go to if you want to buy altcoins

I don't understand what you mean. Could you explain?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: